Stockton & Modesto California Geocaching...Part 2

Ron Streeter

hey george

i checked on the navicache site and the closest

cache to the coords i saved at the PVC cache is

14 miles away. kinda curious who or what placed the cache? if i am remembering correctly it was signed yesterday? right? that was real weird an accidental run in with a mystery cache.

kevin

hey ron,

the trip today was extremely painful. george and alex always have to explore even when everybodys legs are already shot. the topper on the day was about a 1.5 mile bike push. pushing a bike with cleated shoes stinks. don't try it, take my word for it.

kevin

....I suspect your "trigger" word was the name of another caching website. Your note has now appeared several notes above this one, and nothing in it would seem to be a trigger word except that.

Re the mystery cache:

If you found it along side the road, maybe it just plain fell out of someone's pack on the way to being placed ! It doesn't sound like it had a logbook in it that had been signed-into by any cachers, so doesn't that say it was new and not yet placed?

Interested to hear more details if you can share them

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

We did no caching at all this weekend. We usually do some Friday, but I worked all day. Had other busy things going on throughout the weekend.

I have 2 caches ready to place that are pretty much geared toward the kid cachers around here...themed caches that I will place in pretty easy spots. Just have to find the right spots! Pat has 4 or 5 others ready to go. It's getting tough to find spots to place them. We had looked down at Fox Grove, where George has his newest one, but we left after seeing some REALLY creepy folks hanging out in the bushes. Maybe I am a bit leary after the whole Tuolumne Park thing.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Oh..no one's gone for those underwater caches yet??

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

We did no caching at all this weekend. We usually do some Friday, but I worked all day. Had other busy things going on throughout the weekend.

I have 2 caches ready to place that are pretty much geared toward the kid cachers around here...themed caches that I will place in pretty easy spots. Just have to find the right spots! Pat has 4 or 5 others ready to go. It's getting tough to find spots to place them. We had looked down at Fox Grove, where George has his newest one, but we left after seeing some REALLY creepy folks hanging out in the bushes. Maybe I am a bit leary after the whole Tuolumne Park thing.

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Merced area has NO caches, and if you drive up into the Mariposa area there are no caches there either. There are some in Yosemite, and one at Hite's Cove but otherwise it's all new territory

quote:

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

It was hot enough today. I'm going to try to hit it this week. Going to borrow the neighbors canoe.

george

quote:

Merced area has NO caches, and if you drive up into the Mariposa area there are no caches there either. There are some in Yosemite, and one at Hite's Cove but otherwise it's all new territory

quote:

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

It was hot enough today. I'm going to try to hit it this week. Going to borrow the neighbors canoe.

george

Thanks for the tips George. Mariposa is somewhere we have been planning on going anyway..to start my multi-cache. Aren't there some lakes down in the Merced area as well?

Let us know when you go do that water cache. I would like to try for it also if the weather is warm enough and the water isn't like ice.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the tips George. Mariposa is somewhere we have been planning on going anyway..to start my multi-cache. Aren't there some lakes down in the Merced area as well?

Let us know when you go do that water cache. I would like to try for it also if the weather is warm enough and the water isn't like ice.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ivan tomaski:

hey george

i checked on the n...... site and the closest

cache to the coords i saved at the PVC cache is

14 miles away. kinda curious who or what placed the cache? if i am remembering correctly it was signed yesterday? right? that was real weird an accidental run in with a mystery cache.

kevin

I've gotten a couple of notes from people saying that it might be a peak log for burra burra. I didn't think it was much of a peak but it could have been. You took the coords, punch them into your map software and see if it comes up for burra burra.

george

quote:

So, what's the scoop on George's Cinco De Mayo cache?? I see the Morris clan found it, but since I am not a member, I can't see what it was or where it was! Was it fun?

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

May 5 by C&MMorris (92 found)

You can [delete] or [encrypt] this log entry.

Boy did I become obsessed finding this one! I didn't have the master with me to help look. Even after a phone call to tell me I was looking in the right place.[ ]On our way out, I happened to look to the side thinking maybe,!! naa, too far off from where I had a close reading. But you did say tree cover.... bad readings. Wala! It was there!! I had the kids looking with me 200 feet away!!Michael is going to love this stuff- He is always trying to find the hottest hot stuff. The kids immediatetly took the gum away from me. Thank you for the awesome search and wonderful cache. Carolyn of C&MMorris and Family

quote:

So, what's the scoop on George's Cinco De Mayo cache?? I see the Morris clan found it, but since I am not a member, I can't see what it was or where it was! Was it fun?

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

May 5 by C&MMorris (92 found)

You can [delete] or [encrypt] this log entry.

Boy did I become obsessed finding this one! I didn't have the master with me to help look. Even after a phone call to tell me I was looking in the right place.[ ]On our way out, I happened to look to the side thinking maybe,!! naa, too far off from where I had a close reading. But you did say tree cover.... bad readings. Wala! It was there!! I had the kids looking with me 200 feet away!!Michael is going to love this stuff- He is always trying to find the hottest hot stuff. The kids immediatetly took the gum away from me. Thank you for the awesome search and wonderful cache. Carolyn of C&MMorris and Family

I had a great time in the Lodi Lake Nature area with Ron, Ethan Harp and Will(the cameraman). Ron was absolutely excellent on camera and was able to bring a lot of expertise to the conversation. I, on the other hand, could only give the newbie perspective.

I would like to take this opportunity to again thank Ron for his time. It was a really enjoyable afternoon.

As soon as I hear anything about the air time of the news story I will let everyone know.

Scot