Stockton & Modesto California Geocaching...Part 2

Ron Streeter

...revisited.

Here's part of a post I made at the bottom of page 7 this morning...since we made the leap to page 8, I didn't want anyone to miss it...especially Jaimee ! Also take note of the Tattoos and Flashlights part.

LuvOzzy.....

.....you're just no fun to beat up on anymore ! (But that won't stop me from doing it some more).

I have a new mission now and that is to take down MIKE MORRIS ! I don't care what a nice guy he is....he's going DOWN !

Mike's signature on a find is..."Our gps took us right to this one." (or words to that effect). His revenge took 2 minutes !

I solemnly vow to place a cache that will take Mike at least 3 minutes to find !

All in fun Mike, but don't be surprised if people start placing caches DEFYING you to find them.

On the "deception" front, check out caches that feature TATTOOS and FLASHLIGHTS. There are some puzzles there to solve.

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

Hey Ron..did ya see that??? Mike and I are gonna team up on YOU!!!! icon_razz.gif

Mike..you must cache with Ron..it really is fun. A word of advice though. Since he is, ahem, OLDER than us, we should show him some respect. If you happen to find a cache before him, just step back and pretend you didn't. Then, after he finds it, say "Man, you are GOOD Ron Streeter! I didn't see that at all!" icon_wink.gif

I need to find the tattoos thing now. Is this my 15 minutes of fame??? No caching for me today though. I am heading out to the pow wow in just a bit here. Anyone else going there today? (At MJC)

George..thanks for letting me know about the book. It's pretty good. Also, I am not watching the Osbournes right now...we watch it on Tuesday at 7:30; that is when the new episode shows each week. Sundays are always the repeat of Tuesday show. Sometimes I do watch the repeats just so I can see the Ozman icon_cool.gif

Hmmm...trying to remember if there is anyone else that needs a jab after reading the posts. I don't think anyone else deserves any teasing today..yet. I am sure I will find someone to poke fun at later today!

Have a nice Sunday!

Oh..one more thing. Morris clan....can you guys please let us know when you are going caching so we can do the same and not let you pass us in number of caches found???

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Hey Ron..did ya see that??? Mike and I are gonna team up on YOU!!!! icon_razz.gif

Mike..you must cache with Ron..it really is fun. A word of advice though. Since he is, ahem, OLDER than us, we should show him some respect. If you happen to find a cache before him, just step back and pretend you didn't. Then, after he finds it, say "Man, you are GOOD Ron Streeter! I didn't see that at all!" icon_wink.gif

I need to find the tattoos thing now. Is this my 15 minutes of fame??? No caching for me today though. I am heading out to the pow wow in just a bit here. Anyone else going there today? (At MJC)

George..thanks for letting me know about the book. It's pretty good. Also, I am not watching the Osbournes right now...we watch it on Tuesday at 7:30; that is when the new episode shows each week. Sundays are always the repeat of Tuesday show. Sometimes I do watch the repeats just so I can see the Ozman icon_cool.gif

Hmmm...trying to remember if there is anyone else that needs a jab after reading the posts. I don't think anyone else deserves any teasing today..yet. I am sure I will find someone to poke fun at later today!

Have a nice Sunday!

Oh..one more thing. Morris clan....can you guys please let us know when you are going caching so we can do the same and not let you pass us in number of caches found???

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

....if more women took that respectful approach to their men (especially their older, needier men) there would be fewer divorces !

In general, we men need to be told how good we are (I'm talking geocaching here!) so we can continue to go out and hunt and gather (geocaches that is!).

As far as the "gang of two" (plus spouses and children) are concerned, I'll just have to redouble my efforts to thwart the "forces of evil".

Ron

Jaimee, Maybe we can all get together next weekend and do some caching. We are going to go get flash lights right now. We have some caches that we need to hide also. I hear that Ron is fun to cache with.I would like to go caching with all of you some time to see how you do it. I bet George&Mary And the Tomaski clan would be fun also. Mike

Mary and I were talking at the picnic yesterday about certain men (we won't mention any names here because George and Pat both know who they are) not being able to find anything around the house but they can hunt down caches like mad out in the woods!! Pat will be looking for something..I will say "It's in the hall closet." He looks and says "I don't see it." When I look, it is right smack dab where I said it would be, but maybe there is something obstructing about 1/16 of whatever it is he is looking for! Quite interesting, I do believe. Must be kinda like selective hearing, huh??

I definitely think that women are better cachers because of our ability to concentrate longer than men and also our ability to interpret data better. I would much rather be stuck in the wildnerness with another woman than with a man. I think our chances of finding our way out would be much better than if a man were tagging along saying "NO, let's go this way!!" icon_biggrin.gif We are better drivers also, and it has been proven that our reaction times are quicker. Overall, women just seem to be the superior gender of the species. icon_eek.gif

That should be good for some rippin' comebacks!! hee hee heee heeeeeeeeee

Pat and I are going to try to plan a weekend trip over to the Monterey area to try to get some of the caches over there. It is fun to go to different areas and see different hiding styles. It would be cool if maybe we could plan some kind of a group trip. I am sure there are plenty of caches in that area that we wouldn't be running over the tops of each other looking.

Speaking of trips, I am gonna hit some of the Ventura caches later this week. I will be down there Thursday and Friday, and I already have several picked out to go for. I also have a few virtuals planned for the area as well.

Okay..now I think it is time to go read for a bit. I went to the pow wow and tried to find a spot for my letterbox. My couch and book were calling me though, so home I came!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Mary and I were talking at the picnic yesterday about certain men (we won't mention any names here because George and Pat both know who they are) not being able to find anything around the house but they can hunt down caches like mad out in the woods!! Pat will be looking for something..I will say "It's in the hall closet." He looks and says "I don't see it." When I look, it is right smack dab where I said it would be, but maybe there is something obstructing about 1/16 of whatever it is he is looking for! Quite interesting, I do believe. Must be kinda like selective hearing, huh??

I definitely think that women are better cachers because of our ability to concentrate longer than men and also our ability to interpret data better. I would much rather be stuck in the wildnerness with another woman than with a man. I think our chances of finding our way out would be much better than if a man were tagging along saying "NO, let's go this way!!" icon_biggrin.gif We are better drivers also, and it has been proven that our reaction times are quicker. Overall, women just seem to be the superior gender of the species. icon_eek.gif

That should be good for some rippin' comebacks!! hee hee heee heeeeeeeeee

Pat and I are going to try to plan a weekend trip over to the Monterey area to try to get some of the caches over there. It is fun to go to different areas and see different hiding styles. It would be cool if maybe we could plan some kind of a group trip. I am sure there are plenty of caches in that area that we wouldn't be running over the tops of each other looking.

Speaking of trips, I am gonna hit some of the Ventura caches later this week. I will be down there Thursday and Friday, and I already have several picked out to go for. I also have a few virtuals planned for the area as well.

Okay..now I think it is time to go read for a bit. I went to the pow wow and tried to find a spot for my letterbox. My couch and book were calling me though, so home I came!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

....re your whole treatise on women being better at finding things AND better drivers...I'm sure you could site statistics written up in expensive government reports (headed by women), but tell me this....

Why did you send me an email asking where the tattoo pictures ended up?

Any cache finder worth his/her salt should have been able to do a simple search to find the cache description !

icon_wink.gif

Get with it girl....no wonder I'm focusing on Mike Morris now....!

....re your whole treatise on women being better at finding things AND better drivers...I'm sure you could site statistics written up in expensive government reports (headed by women), but tell me this....

Why did you send me an email asking where the tattoo pictures ended up?

Any cache finder worth his/her salt should have been able to do a simple search to find the cache description !

icon_wink.gif

Get with it girl....no wonder I'm focusing on Mike Morris now....!

....no further diatribes on how women are more competent than men?

I went out to check on one of my own caches (it's still there) and thought I would come back to a raging debate on who the better cachers are.

Anyway, while on my walk I started noodling around how three or four couples could have a men vs. women competition in geocaching, and I think it would work.

If the camping (or other) weekend comes together, that might be a fun competition.

I just saw that George found Green Scarab. He told me he was going for it. Black Scarab has had a couple of people after it too....folks who have come from the Sac area.

Well, I guess LO is licking her wounds somewhere so I'll have to find some other combatant with whom to mince words !

Ron

....what else !

Just read a couple of more emails and cache postings. George said he didn't see what all the fuss was about on Revenge...guess she had me psyched out George...but then I didn't see what all the fuss was about on Good Luck, and I don't have a geologist for a wife !

Then Mike's post on my Flashlight cache was nice...he said it took more than 4 minutes to walk to and find the cache....my guess is it took a bit to acutally FIND it too. Thanks for the compliment on the way it was hidden.

A light caching day I think....people doing other things and that's good. I for instance mowed my lawn...my one big accomplishment...and it's a small lawn.

I checked on a cache and will be checking on another one probably Tuesday. Monday a.m. the golf course is calling !

Ron

Oh my. Revenge to literally lest than 2 min. Mary's 3rd choice. "That's not it. That's not it. Here it is."

We almost took a screwdriver to it before we figured out how to open it.

Green Scarab had my legs covered in welts. I took the long way in. I was wishing I had my bike. And then took the direct route out. A lot of it was off trail and I had shorts on. It's getting too warm and I keep watching for rattlesnakes. Every lizard that scurries through the grass sounds like a rattlesnake to me. And then all of the sudden this big grey thing jumps out of the bushes and starts making a bunch of noise. I had walked up to a baby owl. The thing was huge but it still had these downy looking feathers and couldn't fly yet. Scared the piss out of me. I let it hop away and kept going up the hill.

The worst part was when I found the cache, I thought I realized that I needed a pen. Here I am, First To Find and know way to show it. I started to panic and tried to think of ways I could prove that I found the cache. I'll take something, no I'll leave something, no I'll just describe it to Ron. Well, I ended up finding a pen burried in my bag so all was for nought.

Watch for two new caches. Hope you find them fun to find.

george

george

Actually, I was pulling friggin' stickers out of my shoes and socks!! We went to two areas that had mega stickers...BLECH

Crud..now I don't remember what smart mouth reply I had all planned out! See what happens when I think too hard??? icon_mad.gif

Have any of you been out to "Bear Creek?" Ron..you have, right? Did you have to cross lots and lots of signs telling you not to cross into certain areas?? We finally left after crossing 3 such signs and realizing we would have to trek through weeds up to our waists! Just curious if the signs are new or old. Wait..Ron, you posted a picture of one of those signs, right??

We will have to find a camping/caching weekend. I most definitely think we should do a women vs. men cache game...just have to figure out something fun to do.

Off to finish making dinner!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I was pulling friggin' stickers out of my shoes and socks!! We went to two areas that had mega stickers...BLECH

Crud..now I don't remember what smart mouth reply I had all planned out! See what happens when I think too hard??? icon_mad.gif

Have any of you been out to "Bear Creek?" Ron..you have, right? Did you have to cross lots and lots of signs telling you not to cross into certain areas?? We finally left after crossing 3 such signs and realizing we would have to trek through weeds up to our waists! Just curious if the signs are new or old. Wait..Ron, you posted a picture of one of those signs, right??

We will have to find a camping/caching weekend. I most definitely think we should do a women vs. men cache game...just have to figure out something fun to do.

Off to finish making dinner!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Hey George

Thanks for the chuckle..scared of a little owl..SHEESH!! icon_biggrin.gif

Did you happen to take any pictures of the critter? We saw several deer up there. In fact, we had to stop on the road to allow a big bunch of them cross. We were getting ready to look for that cache and then decided against it..figured we were approacing from the wrong side totally.

Revenge..funny how we all find/don't find caches in different amounts of time, huh? I have discussed the whole subjectivity/finding caches thing with Ron. I have found caches rated 1-2 that were hard as heck and caches rated higher that were easy. Pat walked right to Clear As Day..it took Ron and I close to 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Other caches I have had to almost point out to Pat so he can find them. I placed Revenge on the higher end of difficulty just because of the type of cache it was. I will most likely lower it a bit after seeing a few more comments. My whole opinion on the rating thing is that everyone interprets that differently...and that's cool...because it would be really boring if we all did the same types of things!

Okay..now I really am off to finish cooking!!

jaimee icon_cool.gif

Hey George

Thanks for the chuckle..scared of a little owl..SHEESH!! icon_biggrin.gif

Did you happen to take any pictures of the critter? We saw several deer up there. In fact, we had to stop on the road to allow a big bunch of them cross. We were getting ready to look for that cache and then decided against it..figured we were approacing from the wrong side totally.

Revenge..funny how we all find/don't find caches in different amounts of time, huh? I have discussed the whole subjectivity/finding caches thing with Ron. I have found caches rated 1-2 that were hard as heck and caches rated higher that were easy. Pat walked right to Clear As Day..it took Ron and I close to 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Other caches I have had to almost point out to Pat so he can find them. I placed Revenge on the higher end of difficulty just because of the type of cache it was. I will most likely lower it a bit after seeing a few more comments. My whole opinion on the rating thing is that everyone interprets that differently...and that's cool...because it would be really boring if we all did the same types of things!

Okay..now I really am off to finish cooking!!

jaimee icon_cool.gif

In defense of my caching skills here, I didn't realize that you were putting those pics on a cache that was being placed. I thought they were going onto an existing page somewhere. icon_razz.gif

Do we get royalties for those pictures being published?? You should do a game and see if anyone can identify who the tattoos belong to!

Jaimee...who spent too much time typing here earlier and almost ruined dinner!!!

icon_eek.gif

In defense of my caching skills here, I didn't realize that you were putting those pics on a cache that was being placed. I thought they were going onto an existing page somewhere. icon_razz.gif

Do we get royalties for those pictures being published?? You should do a game and see if anyone can identify who the tattoos belong to!

Jaimee...who spent too much time typing here earlier and almost ruined dinner!!!

icon_eek.gif

They did my state capitol locationless this morning...but get this..at that time, they had 737 finds listed! Now they show 755. In the last three days, they have logged caches in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Illinois.

What is that all about? Pat was telling me that Ron was talking about the same thing a while back. Quite interesting to be able to do that many caches in that many states!

jaimee

....and other news.

George, you've been tracking these folks for awhile. How about you email them and ASK if they are a team of 20 people or something?

LO....just giving you a hard time on the Tattoo deal. Royalties? How about that 15 minutes of fame you were talking about? That should be enough. You all know each other's tattoos I bet, so it would be other cachers who could GUESS who had what....the hair on some of them might be a clue !

Finally, it's 10 pm and I just watched the first 2 hour episode of an 8 hour total...of ECO CHALLENGE New Zealand. It's on USA network for the next 3 nights. Right now a US team and the Kiwis are in 1st and 2nd place. The eco challenge makes THE AMAZING RACE look like a 10 miles drive to Wal-Mart.

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

They did my state capitol locationless this morning...but get this..at that time, they had 737 finds listed! Now they show 755. In the last three days, they have logged caches in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Illinois.

What is that all about? Pat was telling me that Ron was talking about the same thing a while back. Quite interesting to be able to do that many caches in that many states!

jaimee

I've mulled it over and I've had to come to the determination that they are for real. All those states are right next to each other. Except Illinois (was it a locationless). All big cities around there and lots of cachers with lots of caches. There are over 700 caches within 100 miles of me and if I busted my butt every weekend I could get those numbers. The day I landed 15/16 was just a well planned out day. I started early, mapped everything and made a big loope. I can do the same over and over again in the bay area.

george

I think I would rather have royalties!! That tattoo has caused me some serious grief over the years...time to get some good out of that puppy!

George...it would be interesting to see the miles the CCCooper goes to collect these caches. He/she/they must start in the very early morning and not quit until very late in the day. I just can't see how it is possible. But..I guess it really doesn't concern me, right? icon_confused.gif

How was the new Eco show Ron? Those are some serious competitors...wayyyyy too tough for me. I could see me on that show, whining and moaning all day/night. I am sure my teammates would drown me along the way. Amazing Race I can do...anyone wanna be my partner for the next one?? Pat and I can't do that together because we would bicker the entire time.

Well, I must head to bed and prepare for the nasty week of school to come. I am preparing for some really ugly tests and then finals. Hopefully I will have time for caching in the next week so the Morris clan doesn't catch me! I will definitely snag a few later in the week down in Ventura.

Good night Ron..night George..night Mary..night Morris clan..night John Boy.....

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

I think I would rather have royalties!! That tattoo has caused me some serious grief over the years...time to get some good out of that puppy!

George...it would be interesting to see the miles the CCCooper goes to collect these caches. He/she/they must start in the very early morning and not quit until very late in the day. I just can't see how it is possible. But..I guess it really doesn't concern me, right? icon_confused.gif

How was the new Eco show Ron? Those are some serious competitors...wayyyyy too tough for me. I could see me on that show, whining and moaning all day/night. I am sure my teammates would drown me along the way. Amazing Race I can do...anyone wanna be my partner for the next one?? Pat and I can't do that together because we would bicker the entire time.

Well, I must head to bed and prepare for the nasty week of school to come. I am preparing for some really ugly tests and then finals. Hopefully I will have time for caching in the next week so the Morris clan doesn't catch me! I will definitely snag a few later in the week down in Ventura.

Good night Ron..night George..night Mary..night Morris clan..night John Boy.....

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

If LO and I were to go on this show, all of you cachers that know us would love it. There would be no bickering between us, it would be an all out arguement. As for finding things around the house, I guess when I'm looking for a cache I have travelled to find it, and I tend to look for it better. As for the concentration issue, I recall some caches where I have continued to look when you were ready to give up.

Geez..now even my husband is going to get in on the teasing action???

Thanks for the tip though Pat. Now I know what to do when I want you to find something...place it far away so you have to "travel" to get it. I will start putting things over in the grape vineyard or out in the pasture.

Pat was looking for something in my bathroom last night and couldn't find it. I said, "Did you look really good for it?" He responded with "Why don't you put some coordinates on it?" icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, there have been a few caches you found before me, but I am still the BETTER cacher!!!

Jaimee icon_razz.gif

Geez..now even my husband is going to get in on the teasing action???

Thanks for the tip though Pat. Now I know what to do when I want you to find something...place it far away so you have to "travel" to get it. I will start putting things over in the grape vineyard or out in the pasture.

Pat was looking for something in my bathroom last night and couldn't find it. I said, "Did you look really good for it?" He responded with "Why don't you put some coordinates on it?" icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, there have been a few caches you found before me, but I am still the BETTER cacher!!!

Jaimee icon_razz.gif

....wait till you see the next one I have in mind for LO, Mike, George and Tomaski!

I was mainly "talking trash" to Mike when I said I would design one that would stump him, but I woke up this morning with an idea for the ULTIMATE hard cache, and I think it will get placed this week.

This cache will be rated a 5 for difficulty and a 1 for terrain. It will make DRAGONFLY look like a LLAMA cache from Sacramento.

In short, it will STUMP the best of the Modesto area cachers !

I WILL PREVAIL ! icon_wink.gif

....wait till you see the next one I have in mind for LO, Mike, George and Tomaski!

I was mainly "talking trash" to Mike when I said I would design one that would stump him, but I woke up this morning with an idea for the ULTIMATE hard cache, and I think it will get placed this week.

This cache will be rated a 5 for difficulty and a 1 for terrain. It will make DRAGONFLY look like a LLAMA cache from Sacramento.

In short, it will STUMP the best of the Modesto area cachers !

I WILL PREVAIL ! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Fattuhr:

If LO and I were to go on this show, all of you cachers that know us would love it. There would be no bickering between us, it would be an all out arguement. As for finding things around the house, I guess when I'm looking for a cache I have travelled to find it, and I tend to look for it better. As for the concentration issue, I recall some caches where I have continued to look when you were ready to give up.

It's not like I have the coordinates of where my socks are. Give me the coordinates and I'm sure I'll find it. And don't forget to give me a clue. Otherwise, bets are off.

george

....my two big interests and I'm mediocre in both ! But I was pleased with my score today...Tiger Woods doesn't have to worry.

Still enjoying thoughts of the picnic and the good camaraderie of the group. The upcoming "battle of the sexes" should be fun too..whenever and whatever it is.

I think the hubbies could be in deep do-do though after the event...there is sure to be grumbling on both sides about "unfairness", "too hard", "too steep", "too long". I fortunately don't have a live-in significant other who will be participating, so I won't have to listen to that stuff. We'll have to figure out a deal for a male team member to "sit out" if we are going to have balance teams..of course then the women would squabble ..."you still got to bring in a fresh player!"

Oh well, there's never any satisfying "them" anyway...what's one more squabble.

More later....hope your mondays are going well.

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=20561

Brand new cache placed by Dirt Hawker. I can get a canoe. Who want's to go?

george

[This message was edited by georgeandmary on April 22, 2002 at 03:55 PM.]

the quickest way to make sure i don't get a cache

is to make sure that i would have to swim for it.

i don't swim. not for a cache nohow noway

the waterless one,

tomaski

I think camping is a great idea. I have been wanted to go to the Santa Cruz or Monterey area for a while. We have become spoiled campers though, we like full hook-up areas.

Now for men versus women caching skills. I know George always posts our finds, but I have found many of those finds and found Revenge in 2 minutes flat. We all know a man that took slightly longer to find that one. I have a feeling that if this competition actually took place there may be some men eating crow. icon_biggrin.gif

I think camping is a great idea. I have been wanted to go to the Santa Cruz or Monterey area for a while. We have become spoiled campers though, we like full hook-up areas.

Now for men versus women caching skills. I know George always posts our finds, but I have found many of those finds and found Revenge in 2 minutes flat. We all know a man that took slightly longer to find that one. I have a feeling that if this competition actually took place there may be some men eating crow. icon_biggrin.gif

We have a canoe and 4 kayaks plus kids that swim like little fishes (but even those we put on the life jackets when we go down the river and us adults too!) Harold had a great time coming down from Knight's Ferry after the get-together. Only he took the GPS and his time so we didn't get any other caches in that afternoon. We did enjoy the park at Horseshoe Bend while waiting for him - just was dying to have the GPS to find Tomaski's catch out there but another day will come.

Sherrie

....first...

I resemble that "certain man" reference in regard to Revenge...she had me psyched out. I was looking for some artsy-craftsy (womany) kind of rendition of the clue. I got a mindset on one or two ideas for the clue and that was my downfall.

I need to learn how to think all "airy" like a woman ! (whoops, watch out for reprisals)

As far as the men (or man) eating crow, that remains to be seen, but you'll find that we men can graciously accept defeat on those rare occasions it raises its ugly head.

Next....

George...take Mike with you....but be sure he makes it to the surface again. He has to undergo a torture test of MY choosing too.

Ron