Stockton & Modesto California Geocaching...Part 2

Ron Streeter

We will be heading back home to Texas in May. We will be gone for 2 weeks. If anyone wants us to hide a cache or a travel bug along I40 just let us know.We are going to be Geocaching all the way up and in Texas.(the greatest state in the union).

Mike M. icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by C&MMorris on April 18, 2002 at 09:43 PM.]

We will be heading back home to Texas in May. We will be gone for 2 weeks. If anyone wants us to hide a cache or a travel bug along I40 just let us know.We are going to be Geocaching all the way up and in Texas.(the greatest state in the union).

Mike M. icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by C&MMorris on April 18, 2002 at 09:43 PM.]

Hey Mike

If you guys hide a cache along I-40 in May, maybe we will hunt for it when we go through there in June! We are driving to Missouri the first part of June, so we will be travelling pretty much the same route as you and then some! We are planning on leaving a travel bug in Missouri with the hopes of getting it back here to California some time in the future.

Jaimee

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Hello all

Does anyone know the best way to get to Oakhurst from Ceres? I am thinking that you just go down 99 to 141 toward Yosemite. I remember going to camp there as a kid, but I don't remember how we got there.

Thanks!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Get to Mariposa and then take Hwy 49 south.

Or you can go to Fesno and take 140?? all the way.

There's a way to go through Madera but it's all back roads.

george

quote:

Hello all

Does anyone know the best way to get to Oakhurst from Ceres? I am thinking that you just go down 99 to 141 toward Yosemite. I remember going to camp there as a kid, but I don't remember how we got there.

Thanks!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Get to Mariposa and then take Hwy 49 south.

Or you can go to Fesno and take 140?? all the way.

There's a way to go through Madera but it's all back roads.

george

Hello all

I was browsing through the Geocaching site today, just looking at various caches that I may want to find one day. While doing this, I noticed several that haven't been found for up to six months. I was just wondering something; do you think that people should regularly check on their caches that they place, especially if the cache is one that isn't found regularly? Personally, I don't like to go a great distance to hunt for a cache that hasn't been found for months. If the owner of the cache had posted a note saying the cache was still intact, etc., etc., that would probably make me more likely to hunt for it.

I check on my caches regularly just to make sure they are still there and still intact, and I know that some of the others around this area do the same.

Any ideas/thoughts/opinions on this?

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Hello all

I was browsing through the Geocaching site today, just looking at various caches that I may want to find one day. While doing this, I noticed several that haven't been found for up to six months. I was just wondering something; do you think that people should regularly check on their caches that they place, especially if the cache is one that isn't found regularly? Personally, I don't like to go a great distance to hunt for a cache that hasn't been found for months. If the owner of the cache had posted a note saying the cache was still intact, etc., etc., that would probably make me more likely to hunt for it.

I check on my caches regularly just to make sure they are still there and still intact, and I know that some of the others around this area do the same.

Any ideas/thoughts/opinions on this?

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Okay..another question for everyone!

With regard to multi-caches, what are you willing to do to find them? I know..that is a pretty broad-based question, so let me narrow it down a bit.

Let's say the cache required you visiting 4 different areas before you are able to hunt for the final cache site. The first caches would probably be just a clue to allow you to find the next. Now, let's say that those first 4 caches are spread out over maybe a 60 mile range. You would be able to do them all in one day if you had the time, but most folks would probably choose to not do them all on the same day. Would this stop you from hunting for this multi-cache because of the distance you have to travel and time you have to spend to find the first clues??

Next question...if you were required to do some additional research to help you get to the final cache, would you be willing to do so? Additional research may include looking something up at the library, on the internet, etc., or maybe even asking a particular person a question.

I ask these questions because I am trying to put together a multi-cache, but I have realized that there is no easy way to do this. I love puzzles and problem solving, and I am incorporating this into my planning as well. I just wanted to get a feel for what some of you are/aren't willing to do to find a cache. Some folks like to rush in, grab the cache and get out, while others like more of a challenge.

Thanks in advance for any info you give me here!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Okay..another question for everyone!

With regard to multi-caches, what are you willing to do to find them? I know..that is a pretty broad-based question, so let me narrow it down a bit.

Let's say the cache required you visiting 4 different areas before you are able to hunt for the final cache site. The first caches would probably be just a clue to allow you to find the next. Now, let's say that those first 4 caches are spread out over maybe a 60 mile range. You would be able to do them all in one day if you had the time, but most folks would probably choose to not do them all on the same day. Would this stop you from hunting for this multi-cache because of the distance you have to travel and time you have to spend to find the first clues??

Next question...if you were required to do some additional research to help you get to the final cache, would you be willing to do so? Additional research may include looking something up at the library, on the internet, etc., or maybe even asking a particular person a question.

I ask these questions because I am trying to put together a multi-cache, but I have realized that there is no easy way to do this. I love puzzles and problem solving, and I am incorporating this into my planning as well. I just wanted to get a feel for what some of you are/aren't willing to do to find a cache. Some folks like to rush in, grab the cache and get out, while others like more of a challenge.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:

I just wanted to get a feel for what some of you are/aren't willing to do to find a cache. Some folks like to rush in, grab the cache and get out, while others like more of a challenge.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Hi Jaimee...

You answered your own question about what people will DO to find a cache. Some people don't like multi-caches because it requires going to multiple locations before getting to the final destination.

My thought is this (and it's what I do on my multi-caches). If you put items in each of the phases of the cache find, a person can find just one or two parts and let it go at that, or they can go all the way.

My King Tut can't be found WITHOUT going to other caches, and the parts are all located at some distance from one another. If someone has the drive to go for all the individual parts, they PROBABLY will go on for the final, but some may not. On the other hand, if you CAN'T find each of the individual parts, you're sunk on the final.

There are multi-caches I won't go for because I would rather go on FIVE "finds" than five parts for 1 find.

So, it all gets back to what an INDIVIDUAL will do and why they do it.

Some of examples of multi-part caches: Survivor in Sacramento, MiG Alley (starts in Round Valley) and King Tut's Treasure.

As to doing research to get to the cache parts? I personally like that part. A research trip on the internet or to a library can be fun, and if I have decided to do a multi-cache (for whatever reason)the research part may come into play.

It all gets down to what people will DO to find a cache in any instance. The ratings of 4 or 5 scare some people away, and challenge others.

There is no one right answer to what will attract people. All you can do is put it out there and see what happens.

Now if you KNOW what some of the area cachers are like, you could plan one JUST FOR THEM.....people who read this forum LOVE ROCKS as an example.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

quote:

I just wanted to get a feel for what some of you are/aren't willing to do to find a cache. Some folks like to rush in, grab the cache and get out, while others like more of a challenge.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Hi Jaimee...

You answered your own question about what people will DO to find a cache. Some people don't like multi-caches because it requires going to multiple locations before getting to the final destination.

My thought is this (and it's what I do on my multi-caches). If you put items in each of the phases of the cache find, a person can find just one or two parts and let it go at that, or they can go all the way.

My King Tut can't be found WITHOUT going to other caches, and the parts are all located at some distance from one another. If someone has the drive to go for all the individual parts, they PROBABLY will go on for the final, but some may not. On the other hand, if you CAN'T find each of the individual parts, you're sunk on the final.

There are multi-caches I won't go for because I would rather go on FIVE "finds" than five parts for 1 find.

So, it all gets back to what an INDIVIDUAL will do and why they do it.

Some of examples of multi-part caches: Survivor in Sacramento, MiG Alley (starts in Round Valley) and King Tut's Treasure.

As to doing research to get to the cache parts? I personally like that part. A research trip on the internet or to a library can be fun, and if I have decided to do a multi-cache (for whatever reason)the research part may come into play.

It all gets down to what people will DO to find a cache in any instance. The ratings of 4 or 5 scare some people away, and challenge others.

There is no one right answer to what will attract people. All you can do is put it out there and see what happens.

Now if you KNOW what some of the area cachers are like, you could plan one JUST FOR THEM.....people who read this forum LOVE ROCKS as an example.

Ron

quote:

I am soooooo glad that folks around here LOVE ROCKS!!! Keep that in mind when you see our new cache that we placed today!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

You people and your rocks. You just suck. Do you even realize who started the whole rock thing? It was Downhiller-EMT and his "what lies beneath". Take your wrath upon him. Next time I see him I'm going to kick him and just walk away.

Ron and I just hid a bunch of items for the weekend get together. Let me tell you, it's HOT! Bring plenty of water. There are 15 items hidden in and around the whole park area and I hope you guys have a blast looking for them because I'm going to sit and relax and enjoy the shade.

george the grill master!!!

quote:

I am soooooo glad that folks around here LOVE ROCKS!!! Keep that in mind when you see our new cache that we placed today!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

You people and your rocks. You just suck. Do you even realize who started the whole rock thing? It was Downhiller-EMT and his "what lies beneath". Take your wrath upon him. Next time I see him I'm going to kick him and just walk away.

Ron and I just hid a bunch of items for the weekend get together. Let me tell you, it's HOT! Bring plenty of water. There are 15 items hidden in and around the whole park area and I hope you guys have a blast looking for them because I'm going to sit and relax and enjoy the shade.

george the grill master!!!

quote:

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Just read the note on revenge. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like I don't know what to look for. I'd actually prefer this to "Nothing but Knives..." type. I can picture it in my mind already.

george

quote:

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Just read the note on revenge. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like I don't know what to look for. I'd actually prefer this to "Nothing but Knives..." type. I can picture it in my mind already.

george

quote:

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

soon very soon grasshopper uh i mean tickbait, i will place a cache just for you. you and your filthy rocks. you'll wish you were looking for dragonfly again. icon_eek.gif

kk

quote:

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

soon very soon grasshopper uh i mean tickbait, i will place a cache just for you. you and your filthy rocks. you'll wish you were looking for dragonfly again. icon_eek.gif

kk

.....posting this at 8 p.m. and getting ready to get off line.

Give me a call at the phone number I left on your cell phone system. Easier for me to read you the coordinates than to type them in....YOU can type them in to your materials for the picnic !

Yes, it was a hot one out there. I put on some miles after I left Knight's Ferry, and don't have many caches to show for it, but I had a good time.

Call me George...

See you all tomorrow at the picnic.

Ron

Hi... I'm a reporter from KCRA-TV channel 3, NBC in Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto. I am doing a feature on Geocaching. I see there's an event. Are there more this month in the area? We'd love to come and take pictures, plus interview some of the folks involved. Please e-mail me at eharp@hearst.com if interested. Thanks.

Ethan Harp, Reporter, KCRA-TV

Hey fellow cachers….

George and I got all the goodies hidden for the picnic tomorrow ! I put 7 down in one area and George and his son put 8 down in two other areas. I took pity on you poor souls and placed them as 1's and 2's for difficulty…that'll even out the probable 4's and 5's that George did !

Weather should be beautiful….like George, I'm going to kick back…that is, I'm just going to tag along with people who go after the ones I placed to see how much trouble they get into ! Even though I know what these things look like, I don't want to fumble around looking for George's torture chambers.

After I left Knight's Ferry I found some caches but tried to save some energy for tomorrow. Today I found:

Past and Present

Roberts Ferry

Kassie's Kid Cache

Black Bart

I also did maintenance for Don's "La Grange", moving it to a different area….and of course, I placed a cache. Maybe it'll get published tonight/tomorrow, we'll see.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting the Retreevers, Morris, Riker, etc. Ed (HiFlier) of MigAlley fame said he would drop by. You will all enjoy meeting him.

Ron

Ron..friend..do you REALLY think it took me three times to find Dragonfly??? I just said that so the others who didn't find it on the first shot wouldn't feel bad!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha icon_razz.gif

I don't think "Revenge" will be as hard as "Dragonfly", but, then again, it could be every bit as hard. It will be interesting to see what folks have to say about it.

We decided against doing the 49 run today because I needed to study. Well, we woke up and decided that we just couldn't let a Friday pass without caching, so off we went. We didn't get as much done as we would have liked, but it was a nice day nonetheless.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Ron..friend..do you REALLY think it took me three times to find Dragonfly??? I just said that so the others who didn't find it on the first shot wouldn't feel bad!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha icon_razz.gif

I don't think "Revenge" will be as hard as "Dragonfly", but, then again, it could be every bit as hard. It will be interesting to see what folks have to say about it.

We decided against doing the 49 run today because I needed to study. Well, we woke up and decided that we just couldn't let a Friday pass without caching, so off we went. We didn't get as much done as we would have liked, but it was a nice day nonetheless.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

well its almost here. its kind of exciting, you start to feel like you kind of know people from the way they log your caches and the caches they place. after tomorrow we'll know each other a little better. looking forward to meeting all you people i don't know .

until tomorrow,

ivan tomaski

AKA: kevin kee

Hello all

Well, that turned out to be a really fun day! I would have liked to have hunted a bit more, but I had my mom with me, and she doesn't much care for the great outdoors! It was great to get to meet the few people whom I hadn't met yet and to see those folks that I already knew.

Tomaski..I hope eveyone in your family stays free of the dreaded "P" word!

Robyn, aka "Middle Retreever"...Be nice to me about "Good Luck" missy!!! icon_razz.gif

Ron...sorry (HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA) to hear you couldn't find Revenge on your first shot. Here's wishing you luck on your second attempt!! icon_biggrin.gif

Morris clan...I wish I would have had more time to chat with you all..maybe next time.

Congrats to the winners of the games...that was really well-organized.

A great big thanks to George and Mary for putting the event together. You guys did a nice job. I hope that we are able to do things like this on a somewhat regular basis.

This technically made "find" #75 for me! I accidently logged this and one other find in the wrong order..oops..but it's still 75! Only 25 more until the BIG number!!

Thanks again!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Hello all

Well, that turned out to be a really fun day! I would have liked to have hunted a bit more, but I had my mom with me, and she doesn't much care for the great outdoors! It was great to get to meet the few people whom I hadn't met yet and to see those folks that I already knew.

Tomaski..I hope eveyone in your family stays free of the dreaded "P" word!

Robyn, aka "Middle Retreever"...Be nice to me about "Good Luck" missy!!! icon_razz.gif

Ron...sorry (HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA) to hear you couldn't find Revenge on your first shot. Here's wishing you luck on your second attempt!! icon_biggrin.gif

Morris clan...I wish I would have had more time to chat with you all..maybe next time.

Congrats to the winners of the games...that was really well-organized.

A great big thanks to George and Mary for putting the event together. You guys did a nice job. I hope that we are able to do things like this on a somewhat regular basis.

This technically made "find" #75 for me! I accidently logged this and one other find in the wrong order..oops..but it's still 75! Only 25 more until the BIG number!!

Thanks again!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

....was great !

Special thanks to George and Mary for all their prepartion !

It was really fun to meet the folks I hadn't met before....Cloudbase, Retreevers, C&MMorris, Riker, Just A Short Walk...and as they say at the academy awards, I hope I haven't left anyone out.

The "oldtimers"...George, Tomaksi, LO/F I have been running into and corresponding with for some time, but I continue to learn more about them.

In addition to getting us all outdoors geocaching has given us an opportunity to meet some new folks from all walks of life...can't beat that.

I have a number of emails from some of you, and haven't had a chance to read them yet, so bear with me. I went after a few caches after the picnic and those interested parties will just have to wait an hour or so to see if I found them or not !

I see Tomaski found one of mine and I think I know which one it was..I think he put a traveler in it.

Once again, thanks for the good time all...see you on the trails.

Ron

Hello all

I am going to be placing a letterbox tomorrow, so I thought I would let the "locals" here know about it in case they might be interested.

You can learn lots about this hobby at "letterboxing.org." If you aren't already familiar with this, I will explain briefly.

Basically, a container will be hidden/found using GPS coordinates (not the traditional way to letterbox..it is usually done just with clues). Once found, there will be a journal-type book inside. Whomever finds the letterbox then uses a "signature" stamp to "sign" the journal. You also add the date you found it and any other information you would like to add. Also, there will be a stamp inside the box. The finder also carries a journal of some sort, and they then use the stamp to mark their own journal. So, let's say I place this cache..Robyn comes and finds it. She would be carrying a stamp and ink pad with her. She would then stamp in the letterbox journal with HER stamp and stamp in her journal with the letterbox stamp. Make sense?? I hope so!

The stamp can be hand-carved (contact me if you are interested in doing some hand-carving) or purchased. I have TONS of rubber stamps, so I will be doing various themed letterboxes with my own stamps. The ink pad you use should be dye ink as opposed to pigment. The pigment takes a long time to dry and usually smears.

This is pretty much the same as caching but, to me, a bit on the artistic side.

I hope there is some interest in this area. I haven't seen any letterboxes around here yet..the closest I know of is up in the Davis area. Hopefully it will be posted tomorrow night sometime.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Hello all

I am going to be placing a letterbox tomorrow, so I thought I would let the "locals" here know about it in case they might be interested.

You can learn lots about this hobby at "letterboxing.org." If you aren't already familiar with this, I will explain briefly.

Basically, a container will be hidden/found using GPS coordinates (not the traditional way to letterbox..it is usually done just with clues). Once found, there will be a journal-type book inside. Whomever finds the letterbox then uses a "signature" stamp to "sign" the journal. You also add the date you found it and any other information you would like to add. Also, there will be a stamp inside the box. The finder also carries a journal of some sort, and they then use the stamp to mark their own journal. So, let's say I place this cache..Robyn comes and finds it. She would be carrying a stamp and ink pad with her. She would then stamp in the letterbox journal with HER stamp and stamp in her journal with the letterbox stamp. Make sense?? I hope so!

The stamp can be hand-carved (contact me if you are interested in doing some hand-carving) or purchased. I have TONS of rubber stamps, so I will be doing various themed letterboxes with my own stamps. The ink pad you use should be dye ink as opposed to pigment. The pigment takes a long time to dry and usually smears.

This is pretty much the same as caching but, to me, a bit on the artistic side.

I hope there is some interest in this area. I haven't seen any letterboxes around here yet..the closest I know of is up in the Davis area. Hopefully it will be posted tomorrow night sometime.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:

Hello all

Basically, a container will be hidden/found using GPS coordinates (not the traditional way to letterbox..it is usually done just with clues).

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

The letterboxes that I've seen at geocaching just use the gps for the starting point and then give a list of clues to find the actual cache. Are you going to do that or are you just using the stamp theme and just giving coordinates to the stamp?

george

Oh, Ron found Sonora Siesta AND Revenge. How can you take that kind of abuse LO?

quote:

Hello all

Basically, a container will be hidden/found using GPS coordinates (not the traditional way to letterbox..it is usually done just with clues).

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

The letterboxes that I've seen at geocaching just use the gps for the starting point and then give a list of clues to find the actual cache. Are you going to do that or are you just using the stamp theme and just giving coordinates to the stamp?

george

Oh, Ron found Sonora Siesta AND Revenge. How can you take that kind of abuse LO?

Just when I get my first 50 closest caches completely found, LO places two locationless caches. One I will find. But the odds of me getting to Sacramento and back before anyone else does are really slim. So I will NEVER be able to get that one off my list of unfound caches. Thanks, thanks a lot. I'm tempted just to drive down there tomorrow so I won't see that dangnabit cache three months from now sitting on my UNFOUND list.

Thanks, thanks a lot.

george looking for a red one.

Hi George

I hadn't really decided if I was going to just use coordinates or use clues as well. Traditional letterboxing only uses clues, but since this is a hybrid of it, I thought maybe I would do the GPS coordinates only. I am going to look through some of the letterboxes listed on the site and then figure out what to do. Thank you for bringing that up.

Dang that Ron. He rubbed it in HARD that he found Sonora Siesta. As soon as I find a really good excuse for not being able to locate it before him, I will surely post it here.

Did you notice that the Morris clan found Revenge their FIRST time out??? icon_biggrin.gif

As for the locationlesses...is Old Red Barn showing up as active???? I actually decided against that one and archived it shortly after placing it! I noticed this morning that someone had posted on that page, but it does still show as being archived. The person who approved that cache was concerned about setting a "precedent" and people posting all kinds of goofy locationless caches. I figured it was no different than looking for a yellow jeep, barber pole, etc. Also, there is a ton of history behind most barns if one wishes to look for it. Sorry you won't be able to get up to Sacramento before anyone else..or are you on your way there now?? icon_eek.gif

Oh..one more thing..did you pick up that book off the table? The California Desperados one.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Hi George

I hadn't really decided if I was going to just use coordinates or use clues as well. Traditional letterboxing only uses clues, but since this is a hybrid of it, I thought maybe I would do the GPS coordinates only. I am going to look through some of the letterboxes listed on the site and then figure out what to do. Thank you for bringing that up.

Dang that Ron. He rubbed it in HARD that he found Sonora Siesta. As soon as I find a really good excuse for not being able to locate it before him, I will surely post it here.

Did you notice that the Morris clan found Revenge their FIRST time out??? icon_biggrin.gif

As for the locationlesses...is Old Red Barn showing up as active???? I actually decided against that one and archived it shortly after placing it! I noticed this morning that someone had posted on that page, but it does still show as being archived. The person who approved that cache was concerned about setting a "precedent" and people posting all kinds of goofy locationless caches. I figured it was no different than looking for a yellow jeep, barber pole, etc. Also, there is a ton of history behind most barns if one wishes to look for it. Sorry you won't be able to get up to Sacramento before anyone else..or are you on your way there now?? icon_eek.gif

Oh..one more thing..did you pick up that book off the table? The California Desperados one.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

.....you're just no fun to beat up on anymore ! (But that won't stop me from doing it some more).

I have a new mission now and that is to take down MIKE MORRIS ! I don't care what a nice guy he is....he's going DOWN !

Mike's signature on a find is..."Our gps took us right to this one." (or words to that effect). His revenge took 2 minutes !

I solemnly vow to place a cache that will take Mike at least 3 minutes to find !

All in fun Mike, but don't be surprised if people start placing caches DEFYING you to find them.

On the "deception" front, check out caches that feature TATTOOS and FLASHLIGHTS. There are some puzzles there to solve.

icon_cool.gif

Ron

.....you're just no fun to beat up on anymore ! (But that won't stop me from doing it some more).

I have a new mission now and that is to take down MIKE MORRIS ! I don't care what a nice guy he is....he's going DOWN !

Mike's signature on a find is..."Our gps took us right to this one." (or words to that effect). His revenge took 2 minutes !

I solemnly vow to place a cache that will take Mike at least 3 minutes to find !

All in fun Mike, but don't be surprised if people start placing caches DEFYING you to find them.

On the "deception" front, check out caches that feature TATTOOS and FLASHLIGHTS. There are some puzzles there to solve.

icon_cool.gif

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

icon_cool.gif

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

I must admit, I was quite honored to have stumped the Mike and when I received the call a braod smile grew across my face. I'm headding out to revenge today. Wish me luck.

I did grab that book LO. Btw, are you watching the Osborns on MTV?

george

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

icon_cool.gif

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

I must admit, I was quite honored to have stumped the Mike and when I received the call a braod smile grew across my face. I'm headding out to revenge today. Wish me luck.

I did grab that book LO. Btw, are you watching the Osborns on MTV?

george

Bring on the challenge, I love torture. Whats weird about the whole thing is. If it has a low diff. rating it gives us the most trouble. I dont know why it's easier for us to find the harder ones.Except DP creek, We would of never found that one with out a clue(thanks Goerge).I know it's all in fun Ron But again BRING IT ON! I would still like to go caching with you Ron one of these days. We need to learn how to hide caches real good.

We had a great time yesterday, It was nice meeting all of you.I hope we can have some more get togethers soon. Thanks,Mike M.

....STUMPED ?

Stop the presses, put out a special edition, call Mike Wallace !

George...what cache did you stump Mike on? I need to study that cache and bump it up a notch. Now my goal is to make Mike call me (or take at least FOUR minutes to find my cache !).

Ron

....you $%&*#2%&& !

After all those caches you so easily find, you should have a good idea of how NOT to hide them so others can find them !

Yes, we'll have to go together sometime. On the one hand, I would have to endure the embarassment of you beating me to it first, but on the other hand, if I DID luck out and find it before you did, I would be grinning from ear to ear and couldn't wait to get home and post it !

I forgot you asked for help on Del Puerto Creek. That was an odd one for me because of all the non-cachers involved, so I can't really assess it as accurately as I would like.

Ok...all that said, time to start planning my special Mike Morris Torture Test !

Ron