Stockton & Modesto California Geocaching...Part 2

Ron Streeter

....what's a little poison oak exposure when you would be doing Don a great favor? icon_razz.gif

Actually, I WILL DO IT and I will ask Don a favor in return.

I'll email Don that it will be taken care of.

On an unrelated note....cachers who read this forum, check out my 5 new caches in the area. One is still being approved but should be up by the end of the day today (Tuesday the 16th).

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

There is no such thing as "a little poison oak exposure" in my mind. That is kinda like being a little bit pregnant!

Thanks for offering to move the cache Ron. I am sure Don will greatly appreciate it. I think you were the best man for the job anyway because your name rhymes with his! icon_biggrin.gif

We may check out one or two of your new caches today. I have to head to school here in a bit but will be out by 2..then we might go hunting. I will let you know if we have any success.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

There is no such thing as "a little poison oak exposure" in my mind. That is kinda like being a little bit pregnant!

Thanks for offering to move the cache Ron. I am sure Don will greatly appreciate it. I think you were the best man for the job anyway because your name rhymes with his! icon_biggrin.gif

We may check out one or two of your new caches today. I have to head to school here in a bit but will be out by 2..then we might go hunting. I will let you know if we have any success.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Thanks Ron,

No Hurry, But I didn't want anyone to get into it without knowing what the stuff is. I am tied up untill the first part of May so I hate to ask someone .....But Sometimes Duty Calls.

For your Information if you ever have to go into P.O. Step into a couple of Glad bags and Dont touch anything.. After your done put those bags inside another and you should be fine..

I got you Email and I'll take care of the favor for you!

Thanks Again

Don Younker AKA "Just a Short Walk"

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

....what's a little poison oak exposure when you would be doing Don a great favor? icon_razz.gif

On an unrelated note....cachers who read this forum, check out my 5 new caches in the area. One is still being approved but should be up by the end of the day today (Tuesday the 16th).

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Just a Short walk" Says....

If You plant a cache they will come.....

Thanks Ron,

No Hurry, But I didn't want anyone to get into it without knowing what the stuff is. I am tied up untill the first part of May so I hate to ask someone .....But Sometimes Duty Calls.

For your Information if you ever have to go into P.O. Step into a couple of Glad bags and Dont touch anything.. After your done put those bags inside another and you should be fine..

I got you Email and I'll take care of the favor for you!

Thanks Again

Don Younker AKA "Just a Short Walk"

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Just a Short walk" Says....

If You plant a cache they will come.....

OK George, We need some help. We searched for 3 hours today and could not find a thing. We looked everywhere, Nothing. It looked like a platoon walked around the hole mountian. Everything was pretty tore up.(not by us) The cache is either gone or hid very very very well. PLEASE give us another clue. We would like to go back out their this after noon. This one has us stumped. PLEASE HELP!! Mike M.

P.S. we found number 50 today. were catching up with you guys and gals

....well if George's goal was to stump you (or me), he did a good job.

Several things you said in your forum post about Del Puerto reflect some of the observations I made to George about this cache, but it IS a legit cache hide and a TOUGH one.I hope he gives you enough of a clue that you can find it. I'm sure he will.

Ron

....we can talk phone numbers at the picnic....as far as working on laptops, no, not on hardware. Most shops won't do that either, preferring to send them to manufacturer.

Laptops are just to small and intricate inside for most technicians. Software I could look at, but I suspect it's hardware you're talking about.

Ron

Well, it may have looked like that, but it was really Tomaski and George at this location:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=19929

They wanted some knives and thought they would be crafty and go get some free ones....I could hardly understand their gurgling, wheezy, rain-soaked rasps, but gathered they wanted a clue, so I took pity on them and pointed them to it.

I hope they don't slosh up the house too much when they get home.

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by C&MMorris:

Thanks Ron, It is tough, But I will find it.(I hope) I need to get a phone number for you, george, Ivan and Luvozzy. So I can call for help and not have to drive home to email. Mike

I really didn't give him any new clues... I just pointed out the three clues in the cache description.

I want to make sure the coordinates are good. Rockdean, zeroed right in, i'm not sure where ron's gps was pointing him, tomaski was about 30ft away. Mike said he zeroed in two places and one sounded like it was the spot.

It's hard enough if the coordinates send you to the right spot. It's hate to be 30 ft away.

george

george

Oops..got so excited about Dragonfly that I hit the wrong button. To continue..we got there, zero'd out and started hunting. Once again, nothing, nothing, nothing. I was ready to give up, and I thought I would try one more time. I zero'd out yet again..looked in about a 5-6 foot perimeter, and Yep..I gave up. I had a stick in my hand..dropped it..and guess what I found when I reached down to get the stick?? DRAGONFLY! WOOhooo!!!!! Finally, that thorn is out of my side!! icon_razz.gif

Mike..glad you hit #50...but we are staying out in front of you guys, for now anyway. I got 5 today and Pat got 6..I think that puts Pat at 70 and me at 69. icon_biggrin.gif

Phone numbers..if you guys would like, I could type up a phone list, make copies and bring them to the get-together..or have Pat bring them if I don't make it. If you are interested in doing that, email me your numbers.

Okay..off to log my caches and post a new virtual.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Oops..got so excited about Dragonfly that I hit the wrong button. To continue..we got there, zero'd out and started hunting. Once again, nothing, nothing, nothing. I was ready to give up, and I thought I would try one more time. I zero'd out yet again..looked in about a 5-6 foot perimeter, and Yep..I gave up. I had a stick in my hand..dropped it..and guess what I found when I reached down to get the stick?? DRAGONFLY! WOOhooo!!!!! Finally, that thorn is out of my side!! icon_razz.gif

Mike..glad you hit #50...but we are staying out in front of you guys, for now anyway. I got 5 today and Pat got 6..I think that puts Pat at 70 and me at 69. icon_biggrin.gif

Phone numbers..if you guys would like, I could type up a phone list, make copies and bring them to the get-together..or have Pat bring them if I don't make it. If you are interested in doing that, email me your numbers.

Okay..off to log my caches and post a new virtual.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Hey all

It wasn't raining where we were today! I am glad to know that George and Kevin needed help today...will make it that much sweeter when I find it on my own! icon_biggrin.gif

Drum roll please....I FOUND DRAGONFLY!!!

Finally, I was going to go paint it red for you if you didn't find it this time.

I wouldn't be talking to much smack about finding stuff on your own. I haven't seen you at Del Pueto Creek yet.

I didn't think ron would sink so low on this one.. but he sunk really low... really really low.

george

quote:

Hey all

It wasn't raining where we were today! I am glad to know that George and Kevin needed help today...will make it that much sweeter when I find it on my own! icon_biggrin.gif

Finally, I was going to go paint it red for you if you didn't find it this time.

I wouldn't be talking to much smack about finding stuff on your own. I haven't seen you at Del Pueto Creek yet.

I didn't think ron would sink so low on this one.. but he sunk really low... really really low.

george

quote:

Hey all

the knife cache is pure evil.. ron step away from the dark side. wicked wicked man that cache is wrong thats just about all i can say about that

i got twenty that says luvozzy is calling for a clue too. she probably wont find it with the clue

tomaski icon_wink.gif

quote:

Hey all

the knife cache is pure evil.. ron step away from the dark side. wicked wicked man that cache is wrong thats just about all i can say about that

i got twenty that says luvozzy is calling for a clue too. she probably wont find it with the clue

tomaski icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

quote:

Hey all

george

we posted almost the same thing at the same time..............

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

quote:

Hey all

george

we posted almost the same thing at the same time..............

Well, there's LOW and then there's....clever LOW.

George is right...I just down right did a dirty deed on knives...you cachers from the southland need a good trouncing now and again to keep your heads fitting your hats !

Now Del Puerto is LOW, but clever low...I'll give George that.

Congrats to LO/F for finding the Dragonfly ! Too bad they now need to look for Ladybug and soon Butterfly ! Oh well, they're young.

Ron

We had actually thought about heading out to the knife cache today but then decided to do those in that area on Friday.

Hmmm...so George and Tomaski don't think I can find this one on my own! It shall be interesting to see what happens when I go out that way. I will gladly admit if I do beg a clue though. Only thing is, you guys had an advantage today..you have Ron's phone number and could call him!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Interesting thing here...I have noticed that if I don't find a cache within the first few minutes of arriving at a location, I will more than likely not find it that visit. Anyone else notice that??

Now to find 6 more caches in this coming week to hit 75! I have some in mind..just a matter of finding the time to get to them. We are spending Friday driving Hwy 49 from Mariposa back toward Sonora. I want to do some research on some old gold mining towns.

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

We had actually thought about heading out to the knife cache today but then decided to do those in that area on Friday.

Hmmm...so George and Tomaski don't think I can find this one on my own! It shall be interesting to see what happens when I go out that way. I will gladly admit if I do beg a clue though. Only thing is, you guys had an advantage today..you have Ron's phone number and could call him!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Interesting thing here...I have noticed that if I don't find a cache within the first few minutes of arriving at a location, I will more than likely not find it that visit. Anyone else notice that??

Now to find 6 more caches in this coming week to hit 75! I have some in mind..just a matter of finding the time to get to them. We are spending Friday driving Hwy 49 from Mariposa back toward Sonora. I want to do some research on some old gold mining towns.

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

WOW!!!!!! Finally, after a long hard day and a tip from George we got it. This is a very clever cache. By far the hardest one yet.But we had a good time looking for it and a blast trying to get it. We also got 3 others today but this one was the funnist. Thanks George and Mary, I hope you do more caches like this. Mike M.

I know exactly where to look for this one Tomaski! And, no, I haven't been given any clues. I haven't even talked to anyone who has been out there and found it yet. Oh wait..I have been given a clue..the one listed on the cache page...does that count??

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

I know exactly where to look for this one Tomaski! And, no, I haven't been given any clues. I haven't even talked to anyone who has been out there and found it yet. Oh wait..I have been given a clue..the one listed on the cache page...does that count??

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Mike/Carolyn/whoever reads this

I sent the answers to the Robert's Ferry virtual a bit ago. We are having problems with our email server, so could you possibly post the go-ahead here as well?? My rcvd mail has been very sporadic over the last several days, sometimes taking up to 10 hours to arrive.

Thanks

Jaimee

Hello all

Is there a way to "un-archive" a cache? I put together a virtual of sorts last night, and when I looked at my cache page, there were two copies of it for some reason, although it was only submitted once. I archived one of them only, but when I just looked at my cache page, they are now both archived! They have different waypoint #'s assigned.

Does anyone know what I should do to fix this??

Jaimee

.....DSL email problems, duplicate cache posts and now ARCHIVING PROBLEMS !

Girl, you are one bundle of problemas !

But, help is on the way....as far as archiving goes, you'll just have to send an email to "contact" at the geocaching pages and mention the name of the cache you want un-archived. Also mention it is in there twice. They will probably take out one of the cache listings.

LO...you emailed me about going caching Friday and since I will be working with George from 11:30 on...on the picnic scene....I don't think that will work...thanks for the invite though...another time.

Ron (evil cache placer and rock lover)

....I don't remember what the terrain rating on Del Puerto is, but maybe THAT should be bumped up.

As far as 1/2 star of increase on either, it's so subjective that I don't know if it makes a difference.

Increasingly, I'm thinking that ANY cache that is completely covered should get a higher difficulty rating. The Knives cache you "found" last night is rated at 3 for difficulty I think, but since it's completely covered, maybe it should be more. The other terrain factor there might make it need more stars for difficulty too.

As your Del Puerto is completely covered, and terrain is a factor as well, it certainly needs to be rated fairly high, even if not all the way.

SUBJECTIVE, SUBJECTIVE, SUBJECTIVE.

Ron

...of other cachers...

This is especially for LuvOzzy, but others might get a kick out of it too.

LO said that Tomaski and George had an advantage at my Knives cache because they had my phone number to call and ask for the clue.

NOPE...NOT TRUE. No one has my phone number...well, maybe the IRS and a few banks!

No cacher has my phone number. So, you ask, how did they talk to me on a phone. Here's how.

Tomaski called his wife and asked her to email me with the message to call him ASAP. No indication of where he was.

The email was sent at 6:45 and AS IT HAPPENS, I checked my email (from school) at 6:50. Since I can not place long distance calls from my school desk AND I HAVE NO CELL PHONE, I had to go to a payphone and call Kevin !

When I got ahold of him, he didn't even know what cache they were looking for...an hour of looking in the rain will ADDLE anyone's brain.

So, I thought that was a rather interesting COINCIDENCE that I checked my email within 5 minutes of Kevin's wife having sent it. If I had not, those guys WOULD STILL BE LOOKING !

I may have to break down and get my TRACFONE activated...I never really had a use for it that much until GEOCACHING !

Ron

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on April 17, 2002 at 06:12 PM.]

Man..Tomaski was really desperate for a hint, huh?? Good thing his wife was a willing participant!

Not sure when we will make it out to look for that cache. On top of everything else that has been going on, my car died on my way to school today and is now at the dealer..UGH! Just what I want to spend tons of money on, car repairs! icon_mad.gif

Jaimee

Man..Tomaski was really desperate for a hint, huh?? Good thing his wife was a willing participant!

Not sure when we will make it out to look for that cache. On top of everything else that has been going on, my car died on my way to school today and is now at the dealer..UGH! Just what I want to spend tons of money on, car repairs! icon_mad.gif

Jaimee

.....DSL email problems, duplicate cache posts, archiving problems, refrigerator delivery, car breakdowns, locust swarms, pesitlence, 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse, and of course....

Ladybug and Butterfly ! Well at least the last two ARE solvable...if you get a hint !

Ron

...and IRS !

Hey Kevin, bring your new toy to the picnic. I've sometimes thought about lugging the 7 pound laptop in a backpack with the gps hooked to it and using the mapping software, but thought that would be TOO much. Interested to see how the screen looks on your PDA.

Two folks looked for the Knives cache today and neither found it. One looked using the clue I emailed and the other just looked for it after finding Hawk's Watch.

You and George got off easy. I'll email you the clue I am sending to people who request it and you can see if it fits what you did to find it.

Ron