Stockton & Modesto California Geocaching...Part 2

Ron Streeter

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

.....but did you give yourself a good, swift kick when you found Good Luck?

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

Not really. I had to find something round not flat. And it wasn't even green it was yellowish. When I moved the round yellowish rock THEN i found the cache. I gave up on the green and flat.

george

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

I figured it out George..went and looked at the log page. Hey, you stole MY drive-in!!

I don't think there are any others around here, are there?

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

"Ha Ha" (said in the Nelson voice from the Simpsons)

There is another one that I know of that I'll log tomorrow.

george

quote:

I figured it out George..went and looked at the log page. Hey, you stole MY drive-in!!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

"Ha Ha" (said in the Nelson voice from the Simpsons)

There is another one that I know of that I'll log tomorrow.

george

quote:

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=16379&logs=y&decrypt=

I was just talking about this one when I spotted the cache in my rear view window going the other way. I decided not to chase it down figuring I'd get it later.

george

quote:

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=16379&logs=y&decrypt=

I was just talking about this one when I spotted the cache in my rear view window going the other way. I decided not to chase it down figuring I'd get it later.

george

Has anyone else experienced difficulties with the Geocaching website over the last few days? Since yesterday afternoon, navigation around the site is very slow, and I also am having difficulty accessing some cache pages; I keep getting "page cannot be found" errors, but I know they are new caches that have a page!

I have done some housework on my puter, so I really don't think it's on my end..just curious if I was the only one having these difficulties!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Has anyone else experienced difficulties with the Geocaching website over the last few days? Since yesterday afternoon, navigation around the site is very slow, and I also am having difficulty accessing some cache pages; I keep getting "page cannot be found" errors, but I know they are new caches that have a page!

I have done some housework on my puter, so I really don't think it's on my end..just curious if I was the only one having these difficulties!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Hey all

I finally caught up with Pat..WOOOHOOO!! We went out this morning, and I found one that he had already found without me. We are both at 63 now. We would have bagged a few more today, but we were having problems navigating around the Tracy area for some reason..never could figure out how to get into White House and Are You My Mother. It probably didn't help that we were in a hurry either though!

I hope everyone has a fun caching weekend!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Hey all

I finally caught up with Pat..WOOOHOOO!! We went out this morning, and I found one that he had already found without me. We are both at 63 now. We would have bagged a few more today, but we were having problems navigating around the Tracy area for some reason..never could figure out how to get into White House and Are You My Mother. It probably didn't help that we were in a hurry either though!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Hey all

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

You need to look at some maps to get to White House. The online stuff doesn't really cut it with that one. If you're having that much trouble getting to that one you're probablly on the wrong side of the river. Then again, I don't know which side of the river you were on.

Are you my mother? Don't know how you could get lost on that one.

I got to watch Kevin hunt for my Del Puerto Creek cache today. I think I better bump up the difficulty a notch.

george

quote:

Hey all

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

You need to look at some maps to get to White House. The online stuff doesn't really cut it with that one. If you're having that much trouble getting to that one you're probablly on the wrong side of the river. Then again, I don't know which side of the river you were on.

I got to watch Kevin hunt for my Del Puerto Creek cache today. I think I better bump up the difficulty a notch.

george

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

quote:

Hey all

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

george

george is a evil person to place a cache like this.

hey morris clan this one is right up your alley,

another cache that no one finds without help.

you'll probably walk up and it will land in your lap icon_wink.gif good luck when you go.

get georges phone# before you go....

kevin

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

quote:

Hey all

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

george

george is a evil person to place a cache like this.

hey morris clan this one is right up your alley,

another cache that no one finds without help.

you'll probably walk up and it will land in your lap icon_wink.gif good luck when you go.

get georges phone# before you go....

kevin

....Knocked down 8 caches today….

YOMBC

Mr. Mother Lode

Acorn 28

JAH

Where's Rose (I know!)

Sacto Dist 901-3 4

Canyon Cache

HL #347

Worn out as usual…saw lots of interesting wildlife and got some good pics…took time to smell the roses.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

We will head out that way on Sunday. We've got a birthday party to attend and Michael has some flights to do tomorrow. George, email us your number, in case we need it. The hardest cache for us to find has been Skunks toybox. I think I would have found it the first time if I wouldn't fell through the roots. That was our first cache to look for. We haven't been to the west side of the county yet, so I think we'll hit a few others while we're out there on Sunday.

Hey all

I just thought I would remind everyone that this weekend is the Oakdale Rodeo. If you have ever tried to drive through Oakdale during this time, you will know what a total nightmare it is. We had thought about going up to Columbia to wander around today, but then we remembered how difficult it would be to get up there! I made the mistake of going through Oakdale on rodeo weekend a few years ago. It literally took me over an hour to get through town.

If you are planning on going to the Knight's Ferry area or up into the hills, you might be best finding a different route to take!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Hey all

I just thought I would remind everyone that this weekend is the Oakdale Rodeo. If you have ever tried to drive through Oakdale during this time, you will know what a total nightmare it is. We had thought about going up to Columbia to wander around today, but then we remembered how difficult it would be to get up there! I made the mistake of going through Oakdale on rodeo weekend a few years ago. It literally took me over an hour to get through town.

If you are planning on going to the Knight's Ferry area or up into the hills, you might be best finding a different route to take!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

This morning I emailed Gustaf about the current state of his statistics page and this is his response......

Ron...

Yes, you're right. It's time for an update. I'm trying to update it twice

every month, don't have the time to do it more often. Next update will be

within a few days.

Gustaf, GeoSweden

Here are the links for the two statistics pages now in use:

Geocaching Sweden

http://www.geocaching.info.se/

Dan Miller Stats

http://www.insidecorner.com/geocaching/stats/users.cgi

quote:

Hey all

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

I actually drive through there about 6:30 this morning. They key is, get through early.

I tried to set up my black bart multi-cache today but I couldn't pull it off. I couldn't get to the actual site of the robbery so I set up a virtual at the Black Bart marker. I'm going to try to get the to robbery site via another route.

george

quote:

Hey all

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

I actually drive through there about 6:30 this morning. They key is, get through early.

I tried to set up my black bart multi-cache today but I couldn't pull it off. I couldn't get to the actual site of the robbery so I set up a virtual at the Black Bart marker. I'm going to try to get the to robbery site via another route.

george

I would say odds are probably pretty good that they did find that cache considering they haven't had any trouble finding any other cache yet!

We didn't do any caching this weekend. My arms are so eaten up by bugs right now that I figured I would give them a rest. I didn't think the skeeters got me Friday, but I apparently was wrong.

Does anyone know of any "natural" bug repellants? I don't like using harsh chemicals on my skin. I have heard of using Avon's Skin So Soft, but I think that is just as nasty in smell as most chemicals.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and a productive caching time!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

I would say odds are probably pretty good that they did find that cache considering they haven't had any trouble finding any other cache yet!

We didn't do any caching this weekend. My arms are so eaten up by bugs right now that I figured I would give them a rest. I didn't think the skeeters got me Friday, but I apparently was wrong.

Does anyone know of any "natural" bug repellants? I don't like using harsh chemicals on my skin. I have heard of using Avon's Skin So Soft, but I think that is just as nasty in smell as most chemicals.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and a productive caching time!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

We went to this site three times today. We had maybe 3 minutes to scramble up to try to get it, but then were interrupted by gun toting men. I think they were on their way up to shoot across the road at the other side of rocks. We quickly got out of there. That was at about 7 o'clock. We will be back!! But what time, what day of the week is best? I work basicly, 8-5 until I go off track in May. YES!! We couldn't belive the disrespect for the area, it's such a beautiful place. The kids got a kick out of watching some tiny fish trying to jump upstream, under the cache. The Morris Clan

P.S. The shirt is Super! Thank you very much.

Hi guys....

Just now checking email and posts. George, if they found the new one, you'll probably see a post one way or the other on Del Puerto tonight.

Jaimee...

One item I took from a cache a few weeks ago was a green coil to wear around the wrist. It was from Cutters or some similar outfit. I wore it in the Melones area Friday and it seemed to work. It puts out a citronella type odor for 180 hours and you put it back in a protective plastic container. (I'm using one that seems more secure). The skeetos came around and then getting a whiff....went away.

Not strong when you're wearing it, but I left it in the car and when I came back I noticed the odor quite a bit. I doubt it would react with your skin, but could be wrong.

I think I mentioned to George, Jaimee and Kevin that I have six caches publishing soon...stay tuned.

Ron

Thanks for the bug info Ron. I just did a search on the internet and found quite a few "natural" sprays and such for keeping the bugs away. I saw something like you described; this particular item was also available in sticky strips that you could apply to your shoes, backpack, hat or whatever else you choose. Sounds kinda interesting! I can't keep getting bit like this. I scratch at night I guess and then wake up in the morning with marks all over me. My left elbow looks like I got attacked by a mad cat right now!

We first got there about 3 or 4 P.M., people there, went to Patterson, went back to the creek, still people there, went to the canyon cache. We finally got to get out to investigate at 6:50 P.M. We started leaving as soon as some guys pulled up and started shooting at the cliffs across the street. Then more guys pulled up where we were parked and got out with guns and started up to where we had been. We'll have to ditch school I guess. Carolyn icon_wink.gif

We first got there about 3 or 4 P.M., people there, went to Patterson, went back to the creek, still people there, went to the canyon cache. We finally got to get out to investigate at 6:50 P.M. We started leaving as soon as some guys pulled up and started shooting at the cliffs across the street. Then more guys pulled up where we were parked and got out with guns and started up to where we had been. We'll have to ditch school I guess. Carolyn icon_wink.gif

quote:

....we both posted at about the same time.

How about visiting the Del Puerto site at 6 or 7 a.m. ..... take a day off work ! You should be uninterrupted at that time and it would be very peaceful there.

Ron

You can usually get a quiet spot in the afternoon. Weekdays are the time to go. When Kevin had the place basically to himself until I got there. There may have been one car parked down the road.

george

Thanks for the DP info. Maybe we will try to go up there tomorrow afternoon when Pat gets home.

Carolyn...I think I would have left when the guns appeared also! That's scary. We were out looking for Slithering, and I kept seeing these men in orange walking around...and then I heard LOUD gunshots which seemed very near. I wasn't concerned about them shooting me on purpose, but I am always fearful of a stray bullet. Ditching school so you can go early in the day sounds like a good plan!

Happy Monday to everyone! (I always have to reinforce a positive attitude to myself on Monday)

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the DP info. Maybe we will try to go up there tomorrow afternoon when Pat gets home.

Carolyn...I think I would have left when the guns appeared also! That's scary. We were out looking for Slithering, and I kept seeing these men in orange walking around...and then I heard LOUD gunshots which seemed very near. I wasn't concerned about them shooting me on purpose, but I am always fearful of a stray bullet. Ditching school so you can go early in the day sounds like a good plan!

Happy Monday to everyone! (I always have to reinforce a positive attitude to myself on Monday)

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

...and the rest of the week.

Finally made the effort to get my house picked up and it feels good to be getting a neater personal environment...but that doesn't mean I won't be caching again soon as possible.

The geoevent is the 20th and George and I haven't talked to much about it. George...I could place some of the card game caches on Friday if you like, before you got there, or maybe you're planning on doing it Saturday before the picnic. Drop me a line.

Looking forward to the event and meeting the retreevers and Morris clan...wonder if Mike M. will share any of his super cache finding techniques ?!

Ron

quote:

...and the rest of the week.

Finally made the effort to get my house picked up and it feels good to be getting a neater personal environment...but that doesn't mean I won't be caching again soon as possible.

The geoevent is the 20th and George and I haven't talked to much about it. George...I could place some of the card game caches on Friday if you like, before you got there, or maybe you're planning on doing it Saturday before the picnic. Drop me a line.

Looking forward to the event and meeting the retreevers and Morris clan...wonder if Mike M. will share any of his super cache finding techniques ?!

Ron

I've got friday off so I can meet you up there and we can set it all up. I have a pre-op doctors visit in the morning but after than I'm all free.

george

quote:

....11:30 Friday at parking lot at new Knight's Ferry bridge sounds good.

Ron

There are two parking lots, I was going to meet by the bridge. I can always meet you at the picnic coordinates.

george

Hello all

Don, aka "Just a short walk", has asked if there is anyone around who is willing to move the La Grange cache to a location with less poison oak. He lives in the Bay Area, so it's kinda difficult for him to get over here to do it. He will be in La Grange for a wedding in the beginning of May, but he was not sure of how much time he would have afterward.

He asked that if anyone move it to just let him know the new coordinates and a new hint if applicable.

We all know how I feel about poison oak, and I am not going anywhere near that cache!! icon_eek.gif

If you are a fearless soul when it comes to poison oak and would like to move this cache, let me know and I will pass the word on to Don. I have already let him know that I would ask around.

Thanks!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Hello all

Don, aka "Just a short walk", has asked if there is anyone around who is willing to move the La Grange cache to a location with less poison oak. He lives in the Bay Area, so it's kinda difficult for him to get over here to do it. He will be in La Grange for a wedding in the beginning of May, but he was not sure of how much time he would have afterward.

He asked that if anyone move it to just let him know the new coordinates and a new hint if applicable.

We all know how I feel about poison oak, and I am not going anywhere near that cache!! icon_eek.gif

If you are a fearless soul when it comes to poison oak and would like to move this cache, let me know and I will pass the word on to Don. I have already let him know that I would ask around.

Thanks!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

....what's a little poison oak exposure when you would be doing Don a great favor? icon_razz.gif

Actually, I WILL DO IT and I will ask Don a favor in return.

I'll email Don that it will be taken care of.

On an unrelated note....cachers who read this forum, check out my 5 new caches in the area. One is still being approved but should be up by the end of the day today (Tuesday the 16th).

Ron