Stockton & Modesto California Geocaching...Part 2

Ron Streeter

We are tossing around the idea of caching today. I am trying to get my daughter to give me some input as to what she would like to do today, but I keep getting the standard 14-year-old girl reply.."I don't know."

We want to do those Lodi area caches, and I also want to place these 2 we have ready. I have been wanting to do a virtual out in the foothills also.

Who knows what we will do...I also want to go see that movie, but Caitlin doesn't! I am suprised that my body doesn't hurt from all we did yesterday! My legs are a bit sore in spots but not too bad. I have recovered from the trauma of the tick bite and ready to face the wild and its challenges once again! icon_eek.gif

Give us a call if you decide you are gonna be out and about and need any help finding caches! You could come to Ceres and find Obezag and then we could have lunch/dinner or something.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

...I have something in common with a 14 year old. icon_confused.gif

I don't know what I want to do today either. I AM moving slowly and joints go snap-crackle-pop when I stand up, but not overly sore from the hike.

My main problem is decision making at this point, so here goes...actually mow the lawn (or maybe tomorrow); defintely going to Panic Room late this afternoon or this evening. That leaves the middle of the day...I think I'm just going to goof around Stockton today and maybe go caching on Sunday after planning out a route that gets me 5 or 6 caches.

There is Obezag of course and I need to do cleanup on Slithering and Egrets...worried about Egrets as I spent a lot of time there.

So LO, I think I've decided to not cache today. If you two(3) go out today, have a great time !

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

...I have something in common with a 14 year old. icon_confused.gif

I don't know what I want to do today either. I AM moving slowly and joints go snap-crackle-pop when I stand up, but not overly sore from the hike.

My main problem is decision making at this point, so here goes...actually mow the lawn (or maybe tomorrow); defintely going to Panic Room late this afternoon or this evening. That leaves the middle of the day...I think I'm just going to goof around Stockton today and maybe go caching on Sunday after planning out a route that gets me 5 or 6 caches.

There is Obezag of course and I need to do cleanup on Slithering and Egrets...worried about Egrets as I spent a lot of time there.

So LO, I think I've decided to not cache today. If you two(3) go out today, have a great time !

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

Hey George...

I've just checked my 500 feet of climbing rope, 75 pitons, rock pick, canoe, parafoil, hang-glider, Hummvee, scuba gear, dirtbike, hotair balloon, highwire balance pole and lion-taming chair, so I THINK I'm ready for any challenge you might present, but I'm open to investing in a minature sub too if necessary.

Re, scarcity of caches in your area...well, there's always southern California !

Ron (the squirrelmeister)

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

Are their any nudists camps around here? That probablly wouldn't stop him either. I'm just not sure I'd want to see the pictures.

george

....thanks for the great idea.

Until you've seen a nudist completely decked out in a hanglider harness you haven't lived, but my personal favorite is the rapelling (no not repelling) view at Mercer Caverns.

Ron

P.S. When can I expect that "naturist" cache to come about?

No George not the one you took "up close and personal" at Tuolumne Big Tree, but the Squirrels Stash hunt.

Little hard to see the people (except for their backsides and elbows) as they wallow around in the green.

Hey guys, did I mention my neighbors keep coming over and wondering why there's so much laughter coming from my house>

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Hey George

I just tried to use that link you provided, but it took me to the Hide and Seek a cache page.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Make sure you're logged in and try again. It's not approved but it should still be viewable. I look at others people's unapproved caches all the time. Just try again. When it is approved it will be the same link.

george

quote:

Hey George

I just tried to use that link you provided, but it took me to the Hide and Seek a cache page.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Make sure you're logged in and try again. It's not approved but it should still be viewable. I look at others people's unapproved caches all the time. Just try again. When it is approved it will be the same link.

george

That was a fun one George. I ran right out to be sure to beat Ron to it! icon_biggrin.gif

We did use the clue..had to. The clue is VERY good. I actually thought it was in a totally different place. I found it first and then wandered off to let Caitlin and Pat continue hunting.

Good luck Ron. I bet you resort to begging a hint from someone who has already found it!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

That was a fun one George. I ran right out to be sure to beat Ron to it! icon_biggrin.gif

We did use the clue..had to. The clue is VERY good. I actually thought it was in a totally different place. I found it first and then wandered off to let Caitlin and Pat continue hunting.

Good luck Ron. I bet you resort to begging a hint from someone who has already found it!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

quote:

icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

quote:

icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

quote:

icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

I placed 2 today. That was the easy one you found "Smell the Roses".

This is the other one. "Del Puerto Creek"

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=18929

This is the one I talked about that was supposed to be tricky. Smell the roses clue is similar to a clue I read in Monterey so I kind of recycled it.

These two caches are completely different in soooo many ways.

george

quote:

icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

I placed 2 today. That was the easy one you found "Smell the Roses".

This is the other one. "Del Puerto Creek"

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=18929

This is the one I talked about that was supposed to be tricky. Smell the roses clue is similar to a clue I read in Monterey so I kind of recycled it.

These two caches are completely different in soooo many ways.

george

I didn't realize you had placed 2 today! I only saw "Smell the Roses" when we looked earlier.

I think Retreevers will get that clue also...but I think it will be a good one for some fun comments and probably lots of "Huh?????" going on!

Gotta love us science peoples!

Jaimee icon_wink.gif

I didn't realize you had placed 2 today! I only saw "Smell the Roses" when we looked earlier.

I think Retreevers will get that clue also...but I think it will be a good one for some fun comments and probably lots of "Huh?????" going on!

Gotta love us science peoples!

Jaimee icon_wink.gif

We went to do some caching in the Sunol Wildernes Area!! Wow, what a workout for two very out of shape people. Our kids hiked up the mountains very easily! Ron, We noticed that you had been to Geo Ca$h. Is that distance and hike really only a 4? What is a 5 like?? Anybody know? We are wiped out but the view is beautiful and flowers are blooming all over. We are also trying to find hiding spots for two more caches. If we aren't in too much pain tomorrow, maybe we'll get them hidden. Carolyn Morris

Just thought I would let everyone know that there is a pretty decent pow-wow at MJC the same weekend as the planned GeoEvent. The event is Saturday and the pow-wow is Sunday. I went to it 2 years ago, and they had a fairly decent turnout. If you have never been to a pow-wow, they have a fair representation of different dance and drumming styles.

Jaimee

quote:

Pretty dang smart ticks if you ask me!!

Going caching tomorrow Ron? If so, I will keep my cell phone on to help you!

Jaimee icon_wink.gif

DID YOU TELL EVERYBODY WHO YOU HAD TO CALL

TO FIND OUT HOW TO REMOVE THE TICK?

SHE CALLED

MR TOMASKI @

TICKBUSTERS icon_cool.gif

quote:

Pretty dang smart ticks if you ask me!!

Going caching tomorrow Ron? If so, I will keep my cell phone on to help you!

Jaimee icon_wink.gif

DID YOU TELL EVERYBODY WHO YOU HAD TO CALL

TO FIND OUT HOW TO REMOVE THE TICK?

SHE CALLED

MR TOMASKI @

TICKBUSTERS icon_cool.gif

I'm waiting to here how Ron's day went. I was actually riding bikes (not geocaching) this morning and I happened to catch ron, and another hunting for my new Del Puerto Canyon cache. And the funny part is. He was NO WHERE near the cache. Maybe I should bump the difficutly up a notch on that one. I need to wait until a few others go for that one before I do that.

After my morning ride I did go hunt for the two new retreever caches along the Stanislaus. When i get to the first one who do I see? None other than Fathur and LovOzzy. Too late I thought. So I yell out "did you find it?"

"No" they said.

They had thouroughly searched the area, used the clue, and still could not find it. So Mary and I started looking and were coming up empty. I asked FT and LO what the clue was and it lead to an obvous location. But they had searched the area. Sould I trust them? Well, I'll just look a little bit and....... .bingo! Found it!!

LO gave FT the nicest look. FTF and right in front of the other cachers.

george

Yep...I am stil giving Pat that nice look!! He has a habit of looking over things. I knew I should have walked back over his steps! It totally sucks to see someone else find a cache after you have been looking at it for about 40 minutes! icon_mad.gif

Hmmm..nothing here from Ron. Do you think he doesn't want us to know he couldn't find the caches???

And yes, we did call Tomaski's Tickbusters for help. I knew that he was knowledgable in this area and I was needing help QUICK! Thanks..it worked like a charm..but we found out later that the proper way to remove a tick is to pull it out by it's itty bitty head with tweezers. I thought that was how you weren't supposed to do it. Once again, proof positive that I am a nature woman!!

Man..I am beat. All that time and only 1 cache found. UGH. We didn't have time to do the Canyon Cache. I was busy looking for the perfect spot for our next cache.

See ya!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Yep...I am stil giving Pat that nice look!! He has a habit of looking over things. I knew I should have walked back over his steps! It totally sucks to see someone else find a cache after you have been looking at it for about 40 minutes! icon_mad.gif

Hmmm..nothing here from Ron. Do you think he doesn't want us to know he couldn't find the caches???

And yes, we did call Tomaski's Tickbusters for help. I knew that he was knowledgable in this area and I was needing help QUICK! Thanks..it worked like a charm..but we found out later that the proper way to remove a tick is to pull it out by it's itty bitty head with tweezers. I thought that was how you weren't supposed to do it. Once again, proof positive that I am a nature woman!!

Man..I am beat. All that time and only 1 cache found. UGH. We didn't have time to do the Canyon Cache. I was busy looking for the perfect spot for our next cache.

See ya!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:

See ya!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Guess who found the second cache that stumped us all? And he said it was easy. Tomaski (aka Kevin) said it was easy too.

george

quote:

See ya!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Guess who found the second cache that stumped us all? And he said it was easy. Tomaski (aka Kevin) said it was easy too.

george

....full of caching, hiking and of course...driving.

Well the old Oz fan only found one...let's see..yes, that's right I found eight and that puts me at 197. Looks like the magic 200 is coming up fast.

Today I had several adventures, one of them a big one. I found:

Del Puerto Canyon (George's new one) (FTF)

Thank Frank

Judson Forever

(I had found the others in the park before)

Then on to:

Egrets No Regrets

Slithering (both of these were 2nd visits)

Then on to:

Obezag

Smell The Roses

Ripon (3rd visit)

It was a long day...200 plus miles of driving and I am tired. I haven't posted any of them yet.

Just a quick note or two:

Rockdean showed up 30 minutes into my search for Del Puerto Canyon and he agreed to let me have FTF as he didn't actually retrieve it. A big story here that I will publish in the find log. I will also email George (or call him) as there are extra details for his ears only.

Also some unusal happenings at Obezag and Smell The Roses, so guys you have some interesting reading to do. Don't know if I'll get them all done tonight.

Gotta go....Ron

If it wasn't for the Llama caches this weekend, it might have been one tough weekend. It all started with Squirrels stash. I'm sure that Ron sure got a big kick out of it. Then came the Llama's and those were easy. Then back to What lies beneath, found in no time by the fourteen year old. Then on to Smell the Roses, and sure enough LO found it first, then the clincher were out at Citrus Blossom for forty minutes and up walks George and the family, and sure enough he finds it in no time. Then to Good luck with no success, even though it was found easily by Tomaski. I guess I'll be glad to go back to work this week. Maybe next weekend will be better hunting for me. icon_confused.gif

If it wasn't for the Llama caches this weekend, it might have been one tough weekend. It all started with Squirrels stash. I'm sure that Ron sure got a big kick out of it. Then came the Llama's and those were easy. Then back to What lies beneath, found in no time by the fourteen year old. Then on to Smell the Roses, and sure enough LO found it first, then the clincher were out at Citrus Blossom for forty minutes and up walks George and the family, and sure enough he finds it in no time. Then to Good luck with no success, even though it was found easily by Tomaski. I guess I'll be glad to go back to work this week. Maybe next weekend will be better hunting for me. icon_confused.gif

So, Ron, the family that had the cache..was this a family of cachers or just folks that happened upon it??

I was hoping to beat you to that one..but considering I stayed in bed until almost 11 a.m. today, I figured you were probably already out there if you went!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

So, Ron, the family that had the cache..was this a family of cachers or just folks that happened upon it??

I was hoping to beat you to that one..but considering I stayed in bed until almost 11 a.m. today, I figured you were probably already out there if you went!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Hi LO...

Both families were non-cachers....just folks out with the kids having picnics, hanging out.

When Rockdean came on the scene I saw him from a distance checking GPS. He started talking to the family who were moving in at that point. I shouted to him "GPS" and we got together and started a joint search then split again.

The family took up residence at the cache site and that was all she wrote for us. Rockdean was in a hurry to move on to his airplane hobby and just throught he would drop in for a quick look.

There are four other caches up the canyon and I had already found two of them, so I went on to find the remaining two in hopes the area of this cache would be clear when I came back. Instead, the first family had looted the cache pretty much and the second family had found it out of its place. They were nice and we got it back into its proper hiding place.

Sorry you didn't find more. I haven't looked the two up yet. If I read the notes above correctly you were on scene at one and then George came and found it quickly; then I think you both had looked for another one (unsucessfully) and Kevin had found it (easily?). We know what that's like !

I had a satisfying but tiring day. I cleaned up three I couldn't find before and found another 5 I hadn't looked for before. I've got to quit those long days though.

Ron