Popup notification of earned souvenir.

Sagefox

When I earn one additional souvenir I get the popup (right side slide in) notification and then keep on getting it with each new cache find I post.  This is redundant and kind of annoying.  Shouldn't it just slide out when logging the cache that earned it and only for that cache?

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 3
On 10/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, Sagefox said:

When I earn one additional souvenir I get the popup (right side slide in) notification and then keep on getting it with each new cache find I post.  This is redundant and kind of annoying.  Shouldn't it just slide out when logging the cache that earned it and only for that cache?

That happens to me only for a days’s caches as I log them, then disappears with no action from me.  I guess it stops after one day?

One issue I have is, it slides out without me knowing what the souvenir was.  I can guess which it is, but usually I’m preoccupied with logging caches, and don’t want to click it at that moment.

The other issue is, all those identical souvenir notices can make me lose track of which cache caused the award.

It might be better to have a persistent banner on that one cache, for the day.  Then I could view the souvenir later, in reference to that cache.  But aside from the repetitiveness, I’m not all that concerned about the extra sliding notices.  “Souvenirs” in general are only of mild interest to me.  They’re cool and all.  But yeah, maybe try not to have them be so annoying while I’m doing a bunch of cache logs. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1