Earthcache day souvenir not received

funkymunkyzone

On 10/10/2021 at 2:11 AM, CathyH said:

HQ is aware of the problem and our Engineering team is working on it.  As soon as it goes live, everyone who has already logged an EarthCache today will get the souvenir and subsequently it will be awarded when an EarthCache is logged.

EDIT: We will run a script early next week to make sure everyone gets their souvenir. Sorry for the delay! 

Well another week has almost past and still no souvenir for the EC I logged on the afternoon of the 9th (eastern Australian time). Are you still intending to run that script? Is anybody listening who can answer that question?

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
48 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I've just come across this from a week ago on HQ's Facebook page:

image.png.1900d92294e53437659d1ea4ff60b671.png

Is this now the official response and there won't be any script run? If that's the case, would it have been too much trouble for someone to have corrected CathyH's post here about the script? Sheeze.

I relogged and my Earthcache souvenir appeared. I need 200 souvenirs for a challenge cache I have found and signed the log for, so I can log that cache. That's the only reason at present I care about souvenirs. 182 and counting, and then I can again ignore them.

32 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

I relogged and my Earthcache souvenir appeared. I need 200 souvenirs for a challenge cache I have found and signed the log for, so I can log that cache. That's the only reason at present I care about souvenirs. 182 and counting, and then I can again ignore them.

We were still in COVID lockdown that weekend and I hadn't planned on doing any ECs, as the only one in my LGA I hadn't found was at Mangrove Creek Dam and I thought it was still closed after the 2019 fires, but I discovered it had been reopened so I headed out on the Saturday morning to break my caching slump a couple of days earlier than I'd been expecting. So the souvenir, had it appeared, would have been both an EarthCache Day souvenir and one marking the end of my 104 days of no caching. Oh well.