Earthcache day souvenir not received

funkymunkyzone

15 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Just found and logged an earthcache, here in New Zealand, on International Earthcache Day, but no souvenir was awarded for the find.

Not a bug you log too fast we are still Friday afternoon in America 

Edit : well apparently Groundspeak forgot to check their code once again and no one is getting the souvenir...

Edited by Lynx Humble
Newer info
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, CathyH said:

The souvenir will be awarded for logs posted on Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 11:00:00 UTC until Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:00:00 UTC

It's 2:30pm on Saturday afternoon in eastern Australia (0330 UTC on the 9th) and I just logged the Earthcache I visited this morning (GC40550). I received the Elbrus Basecamp souvenir (it's my first find after a 104 day COVID lockdown slump) which says I acquired it on the 9th of October, so the souvenir hampsters know what date it is here, but no Earthcache Day souvenir. The blog says the souvenir is awarded for logging an Earthcache find on the 9th or 10th of October and my log is clearly date-stamped the 9th:

image.png.e7fe0defac82867553afab099e8ccf2e.png

Maybe next year I should leave it till the Sunday or Monday.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1

I just tried again and still no earthcache souvenir awarded in New Zealand and it is well and truly past the time that we should be able to log our find and receive the souvenir :-(  I am sure the cache owner will get annoyed if I try to delete and relog it for a third time

7 hours ago, CathyH said:

The souvenir will be awarded for logs posted on Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 11:00:00 UTC until Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:00:00 UTC

According to my GPS, I found the earthcache GC8XYAD,2021-10-08T23:30Z,Found it

Then I drove home for an hour or so and logged the cache at my computer after having a shower and lunch.

It was found after the start time, so it was definitely logged after the start time, so where is the souvenir?

More to the point, when is Groundspeak going to realise that the world is not all on Seattle time.  Lab caches are still logged on the wrong date half the time.

• Upvote 3

We too are in New Zealand and have not received our International EarthCache Day souvenir for our EarthCache find logged on 9 October. We did receive the Elbrus Basecamp souvenir dated 9 October. We are wondering if the glitch has something to do with the awarding of Peak Challenge points. Is the system allowing for that only?

HQ is aware of the problem and our Engineering team is working on it.  As soon as it goes live, everyone who has already logged an EarthCache today will get the souvenir and subsequently it will be awarded when an EarthCache is logged.

EDIT: We will run a script early next week to make sure everyone gets their souvenir. Sorry for the delay! 

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, CathyH said:

HQ is aware of the problem and our Engineering team is working on it.  As soon as it goes live, everyone who has already logged an EarthCache today will get the souvenir and subsequently it will be awarded when an EarthCache is logged.

EDIT: We will run a script early next week to make sure everyone gets their souvenir. Sorry for the delay! 

My daughter (a basic member) found a Earthcache with me this morning - October 9, 2021.  It is a premium cache.  She cannot log it.  I thought HQ stated that basic members could log premium Earthcaches this weekend.

15 minutes ago, txgo4fan said:

My daughter (a basic member) found a Earthcache with me this morning - October 9, 2021.  It is a premium cache.  She cannot log it.  I thought HQ stated that basic members could log premium Earthcaches this weekend.

No that's not what they said, but I am a little bit surprised that they did not make PM EarthCaches available to everyone this weekend. They have done similar things for previous promotions.

From the blog:

For this special weekend, all non-Premium EarthCaches will be available in the Geocaching App® for everyone (from 11:00:00 UTC on Friday, October 8, until 10:00:00 UTC on Monday, October 11

Edited by Max and 99
10 minutes ago, maccamob said:

I edited my log, resubmitted, and the souvenir appeared.

Thanks. Did the same. That worked.

The only interest I have in these souvenirs, is that I have found and logged a challenge cache, that I don't qualify for, until I have 200 souvenirs.

I hid this souvenir, along with all the others, except country/state and the like. They are my only interest in souvenirs, besides that challenge cache. I have no wish to display souvenirs such as this one.

1 hour ago, txgo4fan said:

Your daughter can log it through the backdoor method at geocachingadmin.com. Enter the GC code in the left hand panel then click on Log.

10 hours ago, txgo4fan said:

9 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

Your daughter can log it through the backdoor method at geocachingadmin.com. Enter the GC code in the left hand panel then click on Log.

@txgo4fan

Or, as you could log it as a premium member: Log in with your account, go to the log page of the Cache, log out! Don't leave the logging page and log in again with Your daughters account. Now she can log with her account.

This workaround you can use on any premium member Cache.

27 minutes ago, txgo4fan said:

The end of the International Earthcache Day (Weekend) is upon us.  Where or where is the souvenir?  Why, why, why are so many of us waiting on the issue?

On 10/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, CathyH said: