can't filter search by hidden on date

caretaker5

yesterday i was able to search for caches by their hidden on date from the home screen. now when i click "on" and select my year month and date i want to search i get a list of caches nearest to me placed on any date not say a cache hidden on October 7 2020 that i was searching for. i could do this as a pocket query as i have done that in the past, before i found out i could filter that info. 

18 minutes ago, caretaker5 said:

yesterday i was able to search for caches by their hidden on date from the home screen. now when i click "on" and select my year month and date i want to search i get a list of caches nearest to me placed on any date not say a cache hidden on October 7 2020 that i was searching for. i could do this as a pocket query as i have done that in the past, before i found out i could filter that info. 

It worked for me it just took me a while to find one placed on the date I selected.

It's broken for me. Searching on dates or date ranges is no longer working at all on the website Search page, although it still works on the map. I've also noticed that the wording on the Search page filter now says Find date instead of Placed date:

image.png.151e4898b81429980dc6ecdd82350c23.png

I wondered if maybe it had been changed to return all caches found on a particular date but that doesn't seem to be happening either, it's just returning all caches regardless of the date setting.

18 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

It's broken for me. Searching on dates or date ranges is no longer working at all on the website Search page, although it still works on the map. I've also noticed that the wording on the Search page filter now says Find date instead of Placed date:

image.png.151e4898b81429980dc6ecdd82350c23.png

I wondered if maybe it had been changed to return all caches found on a particular date but that doesn't seem to be happening either, it's just returning all caches regardless of the date setting.

I'm using Chrome and it says Placed date not Find date.

thanks for the map search post, i didn't know you could search that way as i hadn't search for much that way. it seems to be slow and clunky, which is why i had avoided it, but i guess that's better than doing 21 pocket queries to search for any nearby birthday caches going back to 2000 on any specific date. i guess i'll be doing that and checking back to see if my preferred filter search comes back. 

On 10/9/2021 at 4:04 AM, Isonzo Karst said:

Windows Firefox (current)

LIHP search no longer offers placed date;  find date instead.  Find date appears to do nothing. 

Map search does offer functioning  placed date.

Thanks for reporting this. The issue should now be resolved. The "Placed date" filter is back on both the search and map pages.