Names on approved or denied WM

Ariberna

Hi people:

Today that social media weren,t ok, grows ibne this curiosity: Why do reviewers (except Alfouine, Keith, Lumbricus and little else who sign their approved or denied with good reasons) deny you a WM it appears as denied as a category group (not by the reviewer) and when it is approved the name of the reviewer? for statistical interest? not to receive private?

It is a curiosity that I have. Greetings.

• Surprised 1

I'm not sure, since I do not lead a category, but it may be, that the denial message comes from a "call for vote" and thus more than one officer decided against the new waymark - which would be the category group then.

I don't know if "calling for a vote" could be a standard setting of a category if the reviewing officer declines the waymark ... :huh:

Just my guessing ...

It has always been like this and I am not sure about the reasons for it, but I think the original idea was to protect the officers from harsh reactions. And there were some waymarkers in the past who took it very personal.

On the other hand, I have always signed my denials and never had any especially unpleasant experiences.

If you want to know who has declined your waymark you have to join the group and to be a member of the group, except when it's a vote result

But if the enrollment is OFF you will never know

I used to sign all my reviews and i had unpleasant experiences, but i do not care, my denials are always to ask to improve the submission except if that does not fit in the category but it's extremely rare.

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Alfouine said:

I used to sign all my reviews and i had unpleasant experiences, but i do not care, my denials are always to ask to improve the submission except if that does not fit in the category but it's extremely rare.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to sign to my future reviews (and also trying to give improvement answers when I have to deny a submission).

On 10/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, fi67 said:

It has always been like this and I am not sure about the reasons for it, but I think the original idea was to protect the officers from harsh reactions. And there were some waymarkers in the past who took it very personal.

On the other hand, I have always signed my denials and never had any especially unpleasant experiences.

I'm pretty sure that the "fi guy" has it right.

And, yes, I, too, sign my declines. I feel that if someone has an issue with my decline, or wants to know how to set it right and I haven't provided sufficient information, it's preferable that they contact me directly, rather than bother the category leader. (I'm officer in quite a few categories, but leader of only one or two.)

Keith