Bug: Message centre replies from email disappear into the unknown

funkymunkyzone

I know I have experienced this in the past and then thought it was fixed at some point but it has started again:  I received a couple of email notifications of messages, I reply to them, but then later I notice in the message centre that my replies are not there.  So the message centre is making me look like I am ignoring people when I've actually replied to them.

• Upvote 3
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

So the message centre is making me look like I am ignoring people when I've actually replied to them.

Is it possible that you have replied using different email address when replying? I have noticed that the sender address must match with the registered one.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, arisoft said:

Is it possible that you have replied using different email address when replying? I have noticed that the sender address must match with the registered one.

Thanks for the suggestion.  There is a specific reply-to email address, which I am not changing.  For example (partially obscured so that no one uses it): afb7xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx75b1@mc.geocaching.com

• Funny 1
9 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

I know I have experienced this in the past and then thought it was fixed at some point but it has started again:  I received a couple of email notifications of messages, I reply to them, but then later I notice in the message centre that my replies are not there.  So the message centre is making me look like I am ignoring people when I've actually replied to them.

The same is happening to me. :(

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  There is a specific reply-to email address, which I am not changing.  For example (partially obscured so that no one uses it): afb7xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx75b1@mc.geocaching.com

I mean the sender address not the recipient. Both of them must match. This is possible to happen when using mail forwarding or other special setups.

• Upvote 1

I too am experiencing this bug which is VERY disconcerting. I don't use the Message Center when out in the field as it is has a really awful UI for smartphones! So recently I replied to messages on my email as usual and they never turned up on Message Center!

Pretty crucial fix, I would think, and apparently broken for 9 days now?? 

Edited by CCFwasG
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

Not only replying to Messages is a problem like in the past. Now also if sending a message through the Message center and the message is appearing as sent there - neither the receiver nor myself are getting a Copy of this Message. So I thought by mistake the message has been sent, but keep wondering why the receiver isnt't answering...

• Upvote 1

REALLY frustratingly this function is still not working, and yet every single message I get says at the bottom "You can also reply to this message by replying to this email." which is baloney... how many people are sending messages into Groundspeak's black hole????? (I used to reply that way exclusively, now I can't reply from the field because they never made the UI on the website work properly for smartphones and I can barely see what I am typing.

HELLO Groundspeak????? 

Edited by CCFwasG
  • Upvote 2
  • Funny 2
  • Surprised 1

That was a slow fix but I'm now having another issue with Message Center. I sent photos with a message and they showed up as sent. Now I can't see them, just a green circle going around and around. My web connection is fine, I closed the page and went back... still zero. I suppose if it continues I should start a new thread. Anyone else have the same issue?

• Upvote 1