Adventure lab logs disappeared?

mevr_C

I wanted to log an adventure lab I did last weekend. The rating was gone and I couldn't give a rating. I also noticed that all my previous adventure lab logs are gone. The app shows I did these lab caches but I can't find the logs. 
What happened? 

5 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

Je vois la même chose (version 1.3.9 build 2349 sur Android). Lorsque j'appuie sur Activité sur l'une des AL que j'ai effectuées, cela montre simplement que je l'ai terminée et m'invite à évaluer et à réviser même si j'avais déjà écrit un journal d'activité pour cela.

338770778_Screenshot_20211003-214942_AdventureLab.jpg.905185b24bcf20ccc1181d4c4899152e.jpg

Same thing, but after restarting the smartphone, it looks like things were changed without the version number changing.

2 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

So far I'm still seeing the activity logs of Adventure Labs I completed .

I lost them on two smartphones after uninstalling / installing ....

what puzzles me is that the / buil version number has not changed.

I noticed this too and glad I am not the only one. Seems to be an issue with the current update. As before updating the app the other day, I was still able to edit and rate ALs through the app. Now, on ones I've completed since the update I am no longer able to create a rating for the specific AL. Even then, it shows on the map that I've completed the AL even though I have several waypoints to finish. Super bizarre. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

I also experienced the same thing, losing my previous logs and ratings on AL caches, after updating to app version 1.3.9 to my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.5). On version 1.3.8 it was working completely fine. At the moment I'm not even able to get access to the AL app. I am tried reinstalling the app several times without any improvement.

Yes, let's hope this bug can be fixed soon! Clearly this is problem several people are experiencing.

I contacted Geocaching support team concerning the issues with the 1.3.9 update. Here is the reply I got:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ about Adventure Lab®.

The team is aware of this issue stemming from a recent platform upgrade and is looking into it.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we fine-tune Adventure Lab.

Best regards,

• Helpful 1
9 minutes ago, plussminus0 said:

I contacted Geocaching support team concerning the issues with the 1.3.9 update. Here is the reply I got:

Hello,

The team is aware of this issue stemming from a recent platform upgrade and is looking into it.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we fine-tune Adventure Lab.

Best regards,

That's what they said in the other thread. They're working on it.

Interesting that GCHQ regard a fundamental error in their programming as part of "fine-tuning"!

I couldn't add a rating/comment on one Lab I left until later. Saw folks in another forum saying uninstall/reinstall resolved the problem, BUT having tried that (yes, the one I wanted to add a rating/comment then allowed it) none of existing ratings/comments showed up and as others said the app then invited me to add one!

On 10/4/2021 at 10:31 AM, plussminus0 said:

I also experienced the same thing, losing my previous logs and ratings on AL caches, after updating to app version 1.3.9 to my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.5). On version 1.3.8 it was working completely fine. At the moment I'm not even able to get access to the AL app. I am tried reinstalling the app several times without any improvement.

Yes, let's hope this bug can be fixed soon! Clearly this is problem several people are experiencing.

The Adventure App won't even start on my Ipad at all.

On my Android phone I can do the Adventure-labcaches but all my finished lab-adventures show no date, no rating and no logs.
Well, they working on it, hope this problem is fixed soon. 

10 hours ago, plussminus0 said:

Hello,

Best regards,

That's great. I hope they are fast with fine-tuning the Adventure Lab App. 
Plusminus0, thank you for contacting the support team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
11 minutes ago, ktaylor211 said:

Greetings. The Google Play Store and Apple App Store now have Adventure Lab® app version 1.3.10 available. This should correct the Activity screen issues many of you described in this thread. Many thanks for your patience. We are excited that you're creating and playing Adventures. 

Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing (quite possible) but I don't see 1.3.10 available on the Google Play store.

Edit: 5 minutes later, the new version was available!

Edited by Max and 99

On a related note - For some reason the app will only let me scroll back through the first 20 or so Activity Logs.  If I try to scroll past that to see earlier logs, it just spins as if it's trying to pull in more logs.  I'm on version 1.3.11 build 2618, although I first noticed it prior to updating to this version.

On 10/22/2021 at 3:10 AM, ZSteve said:

On a related note - For some reason the app will only let me scroll back through the first 20 or so Activity Logs.  If I try to scroll past that to see earlier logs, it just spins as if it's trying to pull in more logs.  I'm on version 1.3.11 build 2618, although I first noticed it prior to updating to this version.

22 minutes ago, ZSteve said:

Months later and still doesn't work.  One has to wonder what the point of leaving comments is if others can't read them.  

I agree it seems pointless to leave a log if only the most recent are viewable.  However, that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

I am currently showing App version 1.3.17, build 2524, and I can scroll through ALL of the reviews/logs left back to the launch of the AL's I look at, both my own and others.  I don't do Adventure Labs all that often, (I've completed 17 to date, according to the app #'s), but I haven't had any issues with reading previous logs, being able to leave logs and ratings, or having my information disappear or reappear.  

I've had several AL logs disappear even after re-logging them. I noticed today that when I click on an adventure lab and then on the review option, it'll flash saying I've completed it and I can leave a review, but then it quickly shows my review. 

But it's been a problem for quite some time now that the reviews I've placed are not showing. It seemed to have been fixed and I'm testing something out right now. 

I wasn't sure what thread to post this in, but somehow even after there has been a review made, hours later the rating is still not showing in the quick view, which means others will think no one has completed it yet. I really wish the quick view just showed how many people have completed it regardless if they have rated it or reviewed it.

Screenshot_20220920-221518.thumb.png.a20a227c81f1f29993f3aa085c6701b5.png

Screenshot_20220920-221542.thumb.png.7fa15d1166be1362def3278e2a1d3d91.png

• Upvote 1