Jump to content

AL Application iPhone Requirements


Followers 8

Recommended Posts

Will the AL application run on an iPhone 6?  I was called today from another cacher who said when they start the app on their iPhone 6, it starts then goes away.  I had them reboot their phone but the app continued to perform the same.  I had them delete the app and reinstall, still performed the same way.  They are at an event in Texas and someone there told them the AL app would was not supported on an iPhone 6.

 

Just looking for what iPhone it is supported on.

 

Thank you,

Kent (KnKinCabot)

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, KNKINCABOT said:

Will the AL application run on an iPhone 6?  I was called today from another cacher who said when they start the app on their iPhone 6, it starts then goes away.  I had them reboot their phone but the app continued to perform the same.  I had them delete the app and reinstall, still performed the same way.  They are at an event in Texas and someone there told them the AL app would was not supported on an iPhone 6.

 

Just looking for what iPhone it is supported on.

 

Thank you,

Kent (KnKinCabot)

An interesting question. It works on iphone 7, but we don't have a 6 to check.

Link to comment

I still have an iPhone 6 too and have the same problem suddenly. It flickers on, then goes off. I tried rebooting the phone, deleting and reinstalling the app several times. I have never had a problem with the Adventure Lab app  before. There may be a new version of the app and it doesn't work with a 6 anymore. Very frustrating! Of course, I am on a trip in an area with many interesting AdLabs. I guess I will manage somehow and share my husband's iPhone and go in and out of the app at each location. l needed a new iPhone anyway. 

Link to comment

I went to the App store on my iPhone 6, searched for Adventure Lab app. Under What's New, it says the most recent update is Version 1.3.9 installed 4 days ago. That is when I noticed the Adventure Lab app just flickered on and went off. The description is "Ongoing maintenance. The latest update includes small visual changes and bug fixes for a more consistent appearance." Scrolling down, it says under Compatibility "Requires iOS 12.0 or later. "    It would seem they didn't intend for it not to work on iPhone 6, iOS 12.5.5 .  Maybe they can fix it.

Link to comment

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as magkirk in that the Adventure Lab app just flickers on and then goes off when I start the app. I have deleted the app, restarted my phone and downloaded the app again. Repeated that sequence a couple of times, but no improvement in the AL app performance. I have iOS 12 on iPhone 6, so that should be in accordance with the AL app's compatibility requirements. Hoping for a fix.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

I also experienced the same thing. After updating to app version 1.3.9 to my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.5), I'm not able to get access to the AL app. It just flickers and goes off instantly. On version 1.3.8 it was working completely fine. I have tried reinstalling the app several times without any improvement. 

Yes, let's hope this bug can be fixed soon! Clearly this is problem several people are experiencing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Get a newer phone

. When my i Phone 5 died a year or so ago, the oldest the Apple store had was an iPhone 7.

Why? Groundspeak Inc. states that the system requirement for using the Adventure Lab app on an iPhone is iOS 12 or later. That's precisely what I have on my iPhone 6. So of course it's a bit annoying when the app is not responding. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Hello all. We appreciate you creating and playing Adventures during this growth period of the Adventure Lab platform. The team is aware of this issue and is looking into it. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to follow up with more information. 

Edited by ktaylor211
clarity
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 5
Link to comment
On 10/2/2021 at 4:53 PM, KNKINCABOT said:

Will the AL application run on an iPhone 6?  I was called today from another cacher who said when they start the app on their iPhone 6, it starts then goes away.  I had them reboot their phone but the app continued to perform the same.  I had them delete the app and reinstall, still performed the same way.  They are at an event in Texas and someone there told them the AL app would was not supported on an iPhone 6.

 

Just looking for what iPhone it is supported on.

 

Thank you,

Kent (KnKinCabot)

I have an iPhone 6 and am having the same problem. They’ll your friend, “You may need to save up for a new phone.”

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

“You may need to save up for a new phone.”


The iPhone 6 is just about at the point where Apps that are being updated stop working.  Maybe TPTB can make a tweak and keep AL functional for a while longer?

 

When my iPhone 5 lost the ability to run the Geocaching App, I set it up as my car MP3 player, and bought a nice, used iPhone 8 (when the iPhone 10 had just been released).  I’ll probably stay a couple generations behind, so that “saving up” is easier to do. :P

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, kunarion said:


The iPhone 6 is just about at the point where Apps that are being updated stop working.  Maybe TPTB can make a tweak and keep AL functional for a while longer?

 

When my iPhone 5 lost the ability to run the Geocaching App, I set it up as my car MP3 player, and bought a nice, used iPhone 8 (when the iPhone 10 had just been released).  I’ll probably stay a couple generations behind, so that “saving up” is easier to do. :P

Yes. You should get an 8 or 9. Maybe get that for them for Christmas... 😉

  • Helpful 1
Link to comment

I shared my husband's iPhone X and we logged into and out of our separate accounts to log two Adventure Labs. We had a problem when it got down to posting a review. Since we were using the same device we suppose, it only permitted one review. I'll see if I can get any more info on how this bug is affecting me. I do know that I have 800 points less than my husband for the current Reach the Peak month. 

Link to comment
On 10/6/2021 at 9:24 AM, magkirk said:

I shared my husband's iPhone X and we logged into and out of our separate accounts to log two Adventure Labs. We had a problem when it got down to posting a review. Since we were using the same device we suppose, it only permitted one review. I'll see if I can get any more info on how this bug is affecting me. I do know that I have 800 points less than my husband for the current Reach the Peak month. 

I hope you will try again with the latest update and let us know if now you have the same points. 

Link to comment

Yes, I saw the update and had no problem installing it. We found three adventure labs today and it was nice that it was working again.  When all our finds today are logged, I think he will have 900 more points than I although we should have the same number. Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Followers 8
×
×
  • Create New...