See original coordinates on a mystery once solved

rassilon256

This has surely been asked before, sorry I couldn't find the right search for it.

Once you've solved a mystery cache the pin on the map moves to the real location. I've looked around both on the website and the iOS app and can't see any way to look at the posted location after solving. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, rassilon256 said:

This has surely been asked before, sorry I couldn't find the right search for it.

Once you've solved a mystery cache the pin on the map moves to the real location. I've looked around both on the website and the iOS app and can't see any way to look at the posted location after solving. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean that after you log a find on the mystery cache, the icon goes back to the posted coordinates instead of the solved coordinates?

I do not know of a workaround to this. A request for a feature to allow you to see all these final locations has been posted in the forums many times! 

It sure would be nice to choose where you see the icon on the map.

IIRC, in the Android app, I see solved mystery caches at the posted coordinates on the generic map.

When I tap "Navigate", the task map shows the cache at the solved coordinates.

The "Waypoints" section of the cache info shows me both, and I can select which one I want to follow.

I could be wrong, but I remember that's how it works.

---------------------

On the website I only see the original coordinates, EXCEPT for the little map on the right side of the cache page. THAT shows the solved location.

If you have solved coordinates, you can still see the original posted coordinates on the webpage by clicking the little pencil next to the solved coords. Be careful to NOT click the "Restore Original" button, or you'll lose your solution.  If you want to see that location, COPY that original set and paste 'em into Google Maps or something.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Max and 99, arisoft - On the website and iOS app I always see the pin at the corrected coordinates, which is where I want it to be. But sometimes it's useful or interesting to see the posted location again. Certainly a feature to allow you to see that, either as a switch to revert the location temporarily or as an additional waypoint along with parking etc, would be nice. Until that happens however...

TeamRabbitRun - No such waypoints in the iOS app, sadly. Maybe it's in the works. But I somehow hadn't noticed the 'Original' option in the edit popup! Thanks, that'll achieve what I want well enough.

On 10/3/2021 at 1:00 AM, rassilon256 said:

This is easy on the website:
Just click on the 'pencil' (next to the solved coordinates in italic) and it will show the original coordinates.

Yes, Project-GC's maps allow showing the original or corrected coordinates.

Cachly on iOS also allows you now to use the original or corrected coordinates.

I find it hard to believe that HQ isn't at all working on some manner of implementing a feature like this... at least I hope they are :)

• Love 1