Date formatting not respected when viewing AL finds on labs.geocaching.com

barefootjeff

57 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

My date format is set to dd/mm/yyyy but when I view my AL finds on labs.geocaching.com it uses the muddled-up American format:

image.png.a9d0d75280ce91b89bc96796b730dd24.png

Curiously, the activity logs of my own ALs on labs.geocaching.com use the correct date format but the Statistics page also uses American format.

I hadn't checked. Yes, that makes it very confusing. Better it is set to international date order, which more people around the world use. Whether that be day, month, year, or year, month, day.

1 hour ago, Goldenwattle said:

I hadn't checked. Yes, that makes it very confusing. Better it is set to international date order, which more people around the world use. Whether that be day, month, year, or year, month, day.

Well, better if it's set to whatever date preference the user selects in their Settings:

image.png.63bb627bf7ed519b5fcf041958d3d5f9.png

That way everyone gets what they're expecting to see. I really don't understand why there isn't a GetDateStringInUserFormat or some such function in their software that's used everywhere there's a need to display a date, instead of this higglety-pigglety approach where just about every new feature starts off in American format and then has to be custom modified to take account of user preferences.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Well, better if it's set to whatever date preference the user selects in their Settings:

image.png.63bb627bf7ed519b5fcf041958d3d5f9.png

That way everyone gets what they're expecting to see. I really don't understand why there isn't a GetDateStringInUserFormat or some such function in their software that's used everywhere there's a need to display a date, instead of this higglety-pigglety approach where just about every new feature starts off in American format and then has to be custom modified to take account of user preferences.

Mine is set exactly the same, except my GPX version is 1.0