Adventure Lab has messages?

Brendele

My Adventure Lab App says I have messages.   Two, in fact.  There's a little red circle on the app icon with a 2 inside.  Just like what I get on the geocaching app when I have messages.  However, I've been all over the Adventure Lab and I don't see anything it could refer to, or how I would get rid of the "2". Can anyone assist?

1 hour ago, Brendele said:

My Adventure Lab App says I have messages.   Two, in fact.  There's a little red circle on the app icon with a 2 inside.  Just like what I get on the geocaching app when I have messages.  However, I've been all over the Adventure Lab and I don't see anything it could refer to, or how I would get rid of the "2". Can anyone assist?

The only notifications I get on the app are when new Adventure Labs are published.

I'd love to see a screenshot of this feature you describe.

38 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I'd love to see a screenshot of this feature you describe.

I'm guessing that @Brendele is talking about those numbered badges that appear on apps.

How to Hide the Annoying Red Number Badges on iPhone App Icons

Maybe it has to do with the "New Adventure Nearby" notifications?

Edited by Hügh

Regarding the notifications: we know the distance is about 20 miles. Yesterday I did not get a notification for a new adventure lab near me. This is where I'm confused: I was out of town when it was published, so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the lack of notification. Is the notification based on location services on your phone, or your home coordinates from geocaching.com profile? 

7 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Regarding the notifications: we know the distance is about 20 miles. Yesterday I did not get a notification for a new adventure lab near me. This is where I'm confused: I was out of town when it was published, so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the lack of notification. Is the notification based on location services on your phone, or your home coordinates from geocaching.com profile? 

Location of your phone 

Today a message from the AL app popped up on my phone: "There is a new adventure. Go and find it!" - the usual notification for new ALs in my "vicinity" (whatever that means in this context).

So I tried to find the new AL on the map - and ended up with a DNF :( . No new AL within at least 50 km of my home base (and current location). I even switched off the "Hide completed" option (because I know, that this is sometimes buggy and hides also uncompleted ones), but to no avail. No idea, which "new adventure" the app was referring to.

26 minutes ago, baer2006 said:

Today a message from the AL app popped up on my phone: "There is a new adventure. Go and find it!" - the usual notification for new ALs in my "vicinity" (whatever that means in this context).

So I tried to find the new AL on the map - and ended up with a DNF :( . No new AL within at least 50 km of my home base (and current location). I even switched off the "Hide completed" option (because I know, that this is sometimes buggy and hides also uncompleted ones), but to no avail. No idea, which "new adventure" the app was referring to.

That happened to me once. What happened was the creator made it public and then changed their mind and took it off almost immediately. 

1 hour ago, baer2006 said:

There's a possibility you had previously been scanning an area away from your home location. For various reasons, the Adventures app goes off the location lasted viewed on the map for purposes of the notification, not your home coordinates or where the phone thinks it is at the time.

2 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

There's a possibility you had previously been scanning an area away from your home location. For various reasons, the Adventures app goes off the location lasted viewed on the map for purposes of the notification, not your home coordinates or where the phone thinks it is at the time.

That's good to know, as I've often scanned places far from home! So now I know after I've been scanning an area far away to scan my current location afterwards. If I'm understanding correctly.

4 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

I've long since done all the ALs in my region (the last new one was a year ago) so the only ones I'm likely to look at now are either 100km north around the Newcastle area or down south in Sydney. I guess this means if there is ever another new one in my region I won't find out about it.