App updating

Sebastian05

My Geocaching app on iPhone has looked like this since friday afternoon. It says “updating…” but it doesn’t appear to go anywhere. Is this happening to everyone?

If so, I am surprised that there is no statement about it from Geocaching HQ. I’d like to hear if anyone else has the same issue and/or if anyone knows something more about it.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

PS: I am on version 1.58.0 of the app on iOS 14.7.1 for an iPhone 8

34CF91AD-DFE7-4D7E-952F-CAB2BCA03069.png

On 9/19/2021 at 10:23 AM, Sebastian05 said:

My Geocaching app on iPhone has looked like this since friday afternoon. It says “updating…” but it doesn’t appear to go anywhere. Is this happening to everyone?

If so, I am surprised that there is no statement about it from Geocaching HQ. I’d like to hear if anyone else has the same issue and/or if anyone knows something more about it.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

PS: I am on version 1.58.0 of the app on iOS 14.7.1 for an iPhone 8

34CF91AD-DFE7-4D7E-952F-CAB2BCA03069.png

My iPhone 8 did that this afternoon when I started the App.  I had not seen this happen before.  “Updating”, green line halfway across the screen.  I thought I saw it move slightly, so I waited.  After 5 minutes of no action, the App started working just fine.  It seems OK now.  I didn’t do anything special to fix it.  But it’s possible it was “updating” for hours and just happened to finish when I tried it.

Yeah mine was like that for a while too. I eventually just sat down and watched it, making sure it didn't go to sleep and eventually it went through. Seems that if the screen locks then it doesn't finish up so I'd recommend either watching & tapping like I did to keep it awake or setting the auto-lock time to a high value or Never.