Can't read the log entries for people who have found my lab cache on labs.geocaching.com web site

halhal
Followers 2

On the labs.geocaching.com web site I can only see the names of the people who have logged on my lab cache under the 'Activity Log' page.  I cannot read what their logs say.   I can see the logs if I go to the Adventure Lab app on my phone by going to 'Activity'. 

I've tried clicking around on the web page to see I can find a way to show the logs - nothing shows up.  If there is something I have to do in some preferences or this has been talked about in another thread or there is some 'magic' I need to do,  please let me know.  I like the ability to read the logs for my lab via the web page on my computer.

Thanks,

Hal Huntley (halhal)

• Funny 1
28 minutes ago, halhal said:

On the labs.geocaching.com web site I can only see the names of the people who have logged on my lab cache under the 'Activity Log' page.  I cannot read what their logs say.   I can see the logs if I go to the Adventure Lab app on my phone by going to 'Activity'. 

I've tried clicking around on the web page to see I can find a way to show the logs - nothing shows up.  If there is something I have to do in some preferences or this has been talked about in another thread or there is some 'magic' I need to do,  please let me know.  I like the ability to read the logs for my lab via the web page on my computer.

Thanks,

Hal Huntley (halhal)

You have to use the app to see the activity logs. And those are not people who logged into your activity lab they're those who are completed it and chose to write a log.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Max and 99
9 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

You have to use the app to see the activity logs

Not right. This issue (not showing the log's content) appears by using the most recent Firefox crap. Edge is still showing the logs.

Hans

Edited by HHL

I honestly didn't know that this page existed; clearly there hasn't been good communication between HQ and Owners.

Like others, it doesn't seem to work on Firefox but it does work on Chrome.

Looking at the source code, it looks like the Lackeys are implementing the ability for cache owners to delete logs?

Capture2.PNG.99f375118bfde34360e5d5384147f086.PNG

Capture4.png.1298f12cd68740580061ed417ab0a824.png

Edited by Hügh
19 minutes ago, Hügh said:

I honestly didn't know that this page existed; clearly there hasn't been good communication between HQ and Owners.

Like others, it doesn't seem to work on Firefox but it does work on Chrome.

Looking at the source code, it looks like the Lackeys are implementing the ability for cache owners to delete logs?

Capture2.PNG.99f375118bfde34360e5d5384147f086.PNG

Capture4.png.1298f12cd68740580061ed417ab0a824.png

Say whaaaaat? That's interesting. 😳

22 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Say whaaaaat? That's interesting. 😳

Now the question is, does it just delete only the log (ie. if it contains offensive content/spoilers) or does it delete the five smileys, too? I assume just the former since people have the option of not posting one when they finish... also what about people who only cheated some of the locations, etc...

I hope we find out soon.

Edited by Hügh
11 hours ago, Hügh said:

We-e-e-e-ll, why would an Owner want to delete a log he can't see? Those logs should be visible on any browser an Owner uses, not only on a select few.

1 hour ago, PereSant said:

Those logs should be visible on any browser an Owner uses, not only on a select few.

I'm going to guess that this is a bug in Firefox that leads to it failing to render; not an intentional decision by the Lackeys. 

• Upvote 1