Can't read the log entries for people who have found my lab cache on labs.geocaching.com web site

halhal

On the labs.geocaching.com web site I can only see the names of the people who have logged on my lab cache under the 'Activity Log' page.  I cannot read what their logs say.   I can see the logs if I go to the Adventure Lab app on my phone by going to 'Activity'. 

I've tried clicking around on the web page to see I can find a way to show the logs - nothing shows up.  If there is something I have to do in some preferences or this has been talked about in another thread or there is some 'magic' I need to do,  please let me know.  I like the ability to read the logs for my lab via the web page on my computer.

Thanks,

Hal Huntley (halhal)

• Funny 1
28 minutes ago, halhal said:

On the labs.geocaching.com web site I can only see the names of the people who have logged on my lab cache under the 'Activity Log' page.  I cannot read what their logs say.   I can see the logs if I go to the Adventure Lab app on my phone by going to 'Activity'. 

I've tried clicking around on the web page to see I can find a way to show the logs - nothing shows up.  If there is something I have to do in some preferences or this has been talked about in another thread or there is some 'magic' I need to do,  please let me know.  I like the ability to read the logs for my lab via the web page on my computer.

Thanks,

Hal Huntley (halhal)

You have to use the app to see the activity logs. And those are not people who logged into your activity lab they're those who are completed it and chose to write a log.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Max and 99

I honestly didn't know that this page existed; clearly there hasn't been good communication between HQ and Owners.

Like others, it doesn't seem to work on Firefox but it does work on Chrome.

Looking at the source code, it looks like the Lackeys are implementing the ability for cache owners to delete logs?

Capture2.PNG.99f375118bfde34360e5d5384147f086.PNG

Capture4.png.1298f12cd68740580061ed417ab0a824.png

Edited by Hügh
19 minutes ago, Hügh said:

I honestly didn't know that this page existed; clearly there hasn't been good communication between HQ and Owners.

Like others, it doesn't seem to work on Firefox but it does work on Chrome.

Looking at the source code, it looks like the Lackeys are implementing the ability for cache owners to delete logs?

Capture2.PNG.99f375118bfde34360e5d5384147f086.PNG

Capture4.png.1298f12cd68740580061ed417ab0a824.png

Say whaaaaat? That's interesting. 😳

22 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Say whaaaaat? That's interesting. 😳

Now the question is, does it just delete only the log (ie. if it contains offensive content/spoilers) or does it delete the five smileys, too? I assume just the former since people have the option of not posting one when they finish... also what about people who only cheated some of the locations, etc...

I hope we find out soon.

Edited by Hügh
11 hours ago, Hügh said:

We-e-e-e-ll, why would an Owner want to delete a log he can't see? Those logs should be visible on any browser an Owner uses, not only on a select few.

1 hour ago, PereSant said:

Those logs should be visible on any browser an Owner uses, not only on a select few.

I'm going to guess that this is a bug in Firefox that leads to it failing to render; not an intentional decision by the Lackeys. 

• Upvote 1
On 9/12/2021 at 7:23 PM, Hügh said:

it doesn't seem to work on Firefox but it does work on Chrome

This does appear to be a bug on Firefox after a recent update we made. We will investigate this.

We have been making a series of mostly behind-the-scenes code updates to the labs.geocaching.com website to consolidate and clean up nearly 10 years of code, with the intention of being able to improve the experience for Adventure Lab® creators in the future. Thank you for this report. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1

I would also like to be able to see other people's logs on ALs, be able to write a decent log and go back to it and edit it, say when I get home and have more time for that decent log. That is what the bonus cache allows, but not all have a bonus cache. I would also like to be able to have a place to make notes, as that very handy feature allows me to on the normal caches.

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
14 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

I would also like to be able to see other people's logs on ALs, be able to write a decent log and go back to it and edit it, say when I get home and have more time for that decent log.

You can do that now. There is a limit to the log size but you can do all that now.

Edit: Oh, you mean you want to do all that on the website! 

Edited by Max and 99
7 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

You can do that now. There is a limit to the log size but you can do all that now.

Okay, I hadn't noticed that. Will need to write a log in the future. I often hadn't been bothering. But the limitation and not being able to add photographs will annoy me. Also not being able to visit TBs to it. ALs are not top of my priorities and that's why I obviously still don't know them that well. I have been doing some lately mainly because of lockdown and our travel distance being limited. My lack of interest in ALs has now meant I still have local ones to find and they give me a purpose to go out. I imagine once we can travel again, ALs will drop down on my interest list, along with Earth caches.

Besides, I prefer to use a GPS than a phone. A couple of days ago I walked up a hill through bushland to find an AL WP. It was too slow to change the metre distance to GZ and I took a wrong path. After wandering about in the bush, finally I pulled out my GPS, noted a feature near the WP on the phone. Punched that into the GPS and then had no more problems and continued through the bush straight to GZ. Knowing the coordinates of the WPs would be a big help, and then for these bush ones I could put the coordinates into my GPS and not need to muck around with the phone.

• Helpful 1