<Feature request> Ad Lab D/T ratings

Boomshanka

I've scrolled down a bit to see if this has already been raised (I'm surprised it not)...

Would it be possible/desirable for Ad Labs to be rated for D/T along the same basis as other cache types? It would seem then that Ad Labs could be fully integrated into a cacher's stats.

Just pondering the pros and cons.

I'd be keen to see this, not for any stats reason, but it would help searchers decide whether or not to attempt an AL and give an idea of what to expect. One of mine is a pretty strenuous hike that I'd have rated T4 if I could have, but all I can do in its stead is use up a fair bit of the available 1024 characters in the description to warn about the terrain. It's not helped either by the app's almost useless map which doesn't show terrain or even distances (there's no scale on it).

• Helpful 4
35 minutes ago, Boomshanka said:

I've scrolled down a bit to see if this has already been raised (I'm surprised it not)...

Would it be possible/desirable for Ad Labs to be rated for D/T along the same basis as other cache types? It would seem then that Ad Labs could be fully integrated into a cacher's stats.

Just pondering the pros and cons.

Here's a con.

There's already so much fake rating going on to help people fill their DT grid. Now it'll be even easier with Adventure Labs which have no review process. 

There have been discussions about terrain rating, and for example knowing ahead of time if an adventure lab is wheelchair accessible. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Mausebiber said:
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Now it'll be even easier with Adventure Labs which have no review process.

D/T rating has never been a reviewer's concern, it's not there business to control these settings with one exception:  T1.

Yes, and even with T1, the only thing they check is that the cache has the Wheelchair Accessible attribute.

3 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

D/T rating has never been a reviewer's concern, it's not there business to control these settings with one exception:  T1.

That's the one I had in mind. My caching partner is in a wheelchair so I wish there was a way to know if the adventure lab was T1. I've been really pleased with local adventure labs that state which locations are wheelchair accessible. 

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

I've been really pleased with local adventure labs that state which locations are wheelchair accessible. 

Understand and yes, it would be helpful if you wouldn't have to read the LAB description to determine what T-rating you can expect.

One good thing I see more often is, that the LAB owner mention if a stage can be accessed by handicap people.