Lone Stormtrooper Travel Bug (Star Wars Themed)

iuly20_07

I want to release a Trackable into the world which will physically be a Lego Stormtrooper, that I will want to reach the various Star Wars filming locations. I want this to be accompanied by a story of a "Lone Stormtrooper, gone rogue, trying to somehow get revenge on the Rebels for an attack on his squad mates". I am aware that a story this complex, to motivate his character to reach all of those locations, may be too big to list on the Trackable's description section, so I am looking for advice on choosing a Fan Fiction website where I could write the Lone Stormtrooper's story, that I could link into the description, so as to not break any potential rules regarding the content.

Curious...What's to keep the first newb pm from taking your trooper, moving it to the wrong location, and it goes missing two weeks later ?

What kid doesn't want a storm trooper ?  Do you feel many will delve into something that's remotely complex ?

No offense, but I'd be happy just to have the thing move along, and I feel you're putting too much faith in humans... :)

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, iuly20_07 said:

I want to release a Trackable into the world which will physically be a Lego Stormtrooper, that I will want to reach the various Star Wars filming locations. I want this to be accompanied by a story of a "Lone Stormtrooper, gone rogue, trying to somehow get revenge on the Rebels for an attack on his squad mates". I am aware that a story this complex, to motivate his character to reach all of those locations, may be too big to list on the Trackable's description section, so I am looking for advice on choosing a Fan Fiction website where I could write the Lone Stormtrooper's story, that I could link into the description, so as to not break any potential rules regarding the content.

I've had quite a few travel bugs stolen before they even got 0 miles. Good luck with the cool stormtrooper TB getting far before being stolen. I really love your theme idea! Just don't get your hopes up too much. 

I think it's a cool idea, and worth trying (if the cost of a TB and a minifig aren't a big deal for you).

The correct way to think of a TB is like buying a lottery ticket - we always hope our TB will be the one to travel around the world, get lots of logs and have some brilliant photos attached! But the most common result is for them to go missing quite quickly.

On the plus side, your idea has a nice plot twist - Stormtroopers are clones. One way of keeping your costs down is instead of buying one new minifig, you can go somewhere like Bricklink and pick up a job lot of 5, 10 or more in one go. If you use a proxy tag instead of the actual TB (maybe just engrave the code onto a bit of metal) then when Stormtrooper #1 goes MIA, you can then go "Chapter 2" and send out Stormtrooper #2.

I think our idea is good enough to steal, except that I'll need to come up with another theme as there aren't too many filming locations in Australia and with the current international travel restrictions, TB's aren't moving internationally as much as they used to. Good luck with your TB, if you do it, share the link here for your story.

• Funny 1