Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Euclid is really a challenge. I hope I can figure it out by Sunday for after church.

Yep, I am afraid that is true. BOGA got lucky. However, looks like the FTF will be available for a while since he spends all his time on the Forums.

And for the record, I am not ticked at BOGA. I consider him a friend who is always willing to stir up the pot. His nickname should be "Spoon." :D:D

Thanks Tom. :P

You are welcome. :P

I say you get the FTF... Though I am bit upset with you for guiding me to Gabriel!!!! He is really upsetting me! He keeps taunting me!

When you are fully taunted, you can try Euclid. :rolleyes:

For ther ecord Gabriel is still upsetting me (haven't gotten squat from him ) And unfortunately part of my cutbacks requires i had to not get my premier membership so i can't read euclid.

Ohh well I will get something out of Gabriel soon enough i hope. besides a dinner place and a movie location

For the record Gabriel is still upsetting me (haven't gotten squat from him ) And unfortunately part of my cutbacks requires i had to not get my premier membership so i can't read euclid.

In the spirit of Christmas, Euclid the Chatbot is no longer a members-only listing. :rolleyes:

Amber alert

CVC TAG!!! is in the hands of a convicted felon. No only is he a convicted felon, he has also changed his name. Be on the alert if you are in the area of CVC Tag!!! (Manteca.) If you see CVC TAG!!! do not approcah the felon. He could be armed and dangerous.

If you find CVC TAG!!! when the felon has put him out to play, please be gentle and check Tag over thoroughly. :D

Amber alert

CVC TAG!!! is in the hands of a convicted felon. No only is he a convicted felon, he has also changed his name. Be on the alert if you are in the area of CVC Tag!!! (Manteca.) If you see CVC TAG!!! do not approcah the felon. He could be armed and dangerous.

If you find CVC TAG!!! when the felon has put him out to play, please be gentle and check Tag over thoroughly. :D

That is, if you are able to find her once I get her back out to play.

Amber alert

Ok its been 2 days now..hummm..

I hope the tag is safe.................

Amber alert

Ok its been 2 days now..hummm..

I hope the tag is safe.................

I should have her back out tomorrow. She needed to take a rest. I just have to find the perfect place for the camo that she is in..

I should have her back out tomorrow. She needed to take a rest. I just have to find the perfect place for the camo that she is in..

Please review the post I made back in July regarding the gender of CVC Tag!!!:

July 29 by Photom (6093 found)

CVC Tag has been taken out of quarantine and, believe it or not, the team of doctors has found no serious problems. He is in great shape! Today, he did a profile on Nintendo WiiFit to discover his fitness age is 15 years younger than his calendar age.

The doctors did say that HE is a HE and has always been a HE. There are no indications of any “operations” that would have changed that. So, as many of us guessed, that Felon “BOGA” not only just evicted him from his mansion, he also spread those vicious rumors about babies. Many think that BOGA gave away those babies to remove evidence of some other dastardly deed.

CVC Tag has been taken out of quarantine and, believe it or not, the team of doctors has found no serious problems. He is in great shape! Today, he did a profile on Nintendo WiiFit to discover his fitness age is 15 years younger than his calendar age.

The doctors did say that HE is a HE and has always been a HE. There are no indications of any “operations” that would have changed that. So, as many of us guessed, that Felon “BOGA” not only just evicted him from his mansion, he also spread those vicious rumors about babies. Many think that BOGA gave away those babies to remove evidence of some other dastardly deed.

I think I need to take him to the doctor and get a second opinion on this today.

I wonder if my spreader will work with this stuff?! :D CVC Tag!!! had the byproducts of romping around without responsible cachers. The babies indeed came from CVC Tag!!! and multiple partners. I have since heard that most of those babies speak various languages. Go figure! :D

Let's see what that second opinion yields. :D

After a long night at the hospital last nite. the second opinion came to the conclusion that Photoms Dr. was wrong. He is Female and has always been female. Also that they did also tell that she did have babies at one time. So it is correct on that she did have babies at one point or another. By the way, she is back out to play again.

Your turn Ladies! Euclid the Chatbox ;)

I got half the coords tonight. But now I'm frustrated because he's clamming up on me. Grr. I did get one other tidbit of info that I know will be helpful once I have the other half of the coords though, so I'm 55% there I'd say LOL!

I've got it!! WOOHOO! Now, I just need the weekend to get here to I can go to the LOCATION I have that contains ALL the coordinates...WHHHEEEEEE ha ha!

I've got it!! WOOHOO! Now, I just need the weekend to get here to I can go to the LOCATION I have that contains ALL the coordinates...WHHHEEEEEE ha ha!

CONGRATULATIONS! Even though you told Euclid "You would kick his chatbot butt" he helped you find the spot. Good job! ;):D Edited by Photom

[quote name='Bug'sMom' date='Dec 16 2008, 09:35 PM' post='3752185

CONGRATULATIONS! Even though you told Euclid "You would kick his chatbot butt" he helped you find the spot. Good job! ;):D

I KNEW YOU COULD READ THAT STUFF!! LOLOLOL! All I'm going to say is I wish I would have thought of a certain thing earlier---DUH! Thanks for the fun Photom. Of course, it'll be WAY more fun once I find the actual cache, and I'm not a whiz at that either!

I KNEW YOU COULD READ THAT STUFF!! LOLOLOL!

:D I'm shocked. :D Photom read everything we said in confidence to Euclid?! ;)

This log had me laughing for hours yesterday...

December 16 by Bug'sMom (71 found)

Hey Euclid, you big stud. Thanks for the chat tonight. I'll see you Saturday! (Darn job--wish I come sooner!).

EUCLID is my boyfriend!

What a kiss up! :blink:

Edited by Green Achers

Hi everyone!

I know I haven't posted in long time, but I'm always lurking around here...trying to keep up on the gossip! I wanted to ask for some recommendations for New Year's Day caching...this has been a tradition for the last several years...and I was hoping to keep it going this year. This year there is just one catch...I'll be over 7 months pregnant on New Year's Day (with twins)...so I'm looking for a group of caches (maybe in a park) that are all fairly close to eachother. Any ideas? Anything between Merced and Ripon would work.

CVC's two newest cachers, Brianna and Nathan will be joining us sometime around the third week of February. We can't wait to take them out for their first cache!

Happy Holidays!

Wow. Making cachers two at a time! Some people are always trying to raise the bar. ;) Congratulations.

I have a puzzle cache that will be posted on New Years Day (when a certain Park is reopened to the public). I know a certain person in CVC that already hacked their way into the system and solved the puzzle but now they have to wait (or risk getting a ticket for being in a 'CLOSED AREA'). Anyway, there are a few caches there as well (and a hospital is less than two months drive from there). It should be a good place. :D

Bill just put out a Puzzle cache. YOu better get working on it. or I will have the FTF on this. I almost got it figured out so you better hurry.. ;):D:ph34r:

Green Achers Code Cache III

WOO HOO!!!!

Another BOGA Code Cache!!! I will be working on it ASAP

Ahem. This is a tough code, given the information on the cache. It's rated at 5 and none of the major code breakers have solved it yet even though it's in their watchful eyes. If you like solving codes (like Counterparts, Double Agent, The Big Picture, etc), then go for it. Otherwise, I'd write this one off. [Note that I placed it out of CVC because it would never be found if it was in Ripon!] :lol:

I wanted to ask for some recommendations for New Year's Day caching...this has been a tradition for the last several years...and I was hoping to keep it going this year. This year there is just one catch...I'll be over 7 months pregnant on New Year's Day (with twins)...so I'm looking for a group of caches (maybe in a park) that are all fairly close to eachother. Any ideas? Anything between Merced and Ripon would work.

Congratulations in advance. You might want to take a look at Riverbank (and maybe Oakdale). We don't necessarily have a group of caches that can be found in a single walk (except for Wolf Grrl's Riverbank Walk series) but there are a number of caches in the area that are basically park and grabs that would be accessible to someone in an advanced state of soon-to-be-motherhood. There are a few that I would stay away from. If you're interested let me know and I could put together a list for you.

Wow. Making cachers two at a time! Some people are always trying to raise the bar. ;) Congratulations.

I have a puzzle cache that will be posted on New Years Day (when a certain Park is reopened to the public). I know a certain person in CVC that already hacked their way into the system and solved the puzzle but now they have to wait (or risk getting a ticket for being in a 'CLOSED AREA'). Anyway, there are a few caches there as well (and a hospital is less than two months drive from there). It should be a good place. :ph34r:

Is that why my new cache was not posted...hummmmm :D I could be wrong but was with in 50' of the final stage and I know there are no caches that are around this place..Hummmm have to see what boga is up to!

Edited by Geo Bandits

Ok I have to VENT!~ LOL....Wanted to see if any one else has had this happen to them. I posted a new cache about three days ago and it was listed a ok.....this was going to be a new series of caches here in ripon..so off i go to place #2 cache and another cache reviwer said no way cant place a cache there....so i was like hummmm...one was just posted two days ago and it was ok then? The caches are placed in the roundabouts here in ripon....theres like a million of them here..lol...and we all know there are other caches in roundabouts all over the place!! I know riverbank has one or two that come to mind......any way i just had to vent..lol...life goes on and ill think of somewhere else to hide them. ;)

Ok I have to VENT!~ LOL....Wanted to see if any one else has had this happen to them. I posted a new cache about three days ago and it was listed a ok.....this was going to be a new series of caches here in ripon..so off i go to place #2 cache and another cache reviwer said no way cant place a cache there....so i was like hummmm...one was just posted two days ago and it was ok then? The caches are placed in the roundabouts here in ripon....theres like a million of them here..lol...and we all know there are other caches in roundabouts all over the place!! I know riverbank has one or two that come to mind......any way i just had to vent..lol...life goes on and ill think of somewhere else to hide them. ;)

By round-a-bouts, I assume you are talking about traffic circles? Are you Brits? What did the reviewer say? I have found at least a half-dozen like that, and had one of my own until it was archived...

Ok I have to VENT!~ LOL....Wanted to see if any one else has had this happen to them. I posted a new cache about three days ago and it was listed a ok.....this was going to be a new series of caches here in ripon..so off i go to place #2 cache and another cache reviwer said no way cant place a cache there....so i was like hummmm...one was just posted two days ago and it was ok then? The caches are placed in the roundabouts here in ripon....theres like a million of them here..lol...and we all know there are other caches in roundabouts all over the place!! I know riverbank has one or two that come to mind......any way i just had to vent..lol...life goes on and ill think of somewhere else to hide them. :D

By round-a-bouts, I assume you are talking about traffic circles? Are you Brits? What did the reviewer say? I have found at least a half-dozen like that, and had one of my own until it was archived...

was more or less this:"My concern is about the legal aspects " with out saying to much more...I was like ok you want to go there legal aspects, then theres A HOLE LOT of caches that have legal aspects is what I was saying to my self at that point....... ;) but oh well they say ya or na on this stuff and I dont want to be a azz about a few caches I wanted to hide~ :ph34r:

Ok I have to VENT!~ LOL....Wanted to see if any one else has had this happen to them. I posted a new cache about three days ago and it was listed a ok.....this was going to be a new series of caches here in ripon..so off i go to place #2 cache and another cache reviwer said no way cant place a cache there....so i was like hummmm...one was just posted two days ago and it was ok then? The caches are placed in the roundabouts here in ripon....theres like a million of them here..lol...and we all know there are other caches in roundabouts all over the place!! I know riverbank has one or two that come to mind......any way i just had to vent..lol...life goes on and ill think of somewhere else to hide them. :D

was more or less this:"My concern is about the legal aspects " with out saying to much more...I was like ok you want to go there legal aspects, then theres A HOLE LOT of caches that have legal aspects is what I was saying to my self at that point....... ;) but oh well they say ya or na on this stuff and I dont want to be a azz about a few caches I wanted to hide~ :ph34r:

Here is a quote on a blog of an Iowa reviewer:

Roundabouts

On my way to and from one of my office locations, there's a newly constructed roundabout that I now pass through. It's so new that occasionally drivers in front of me seem to be confused about what to do so they slow down or even stop before entering. It's all I can do to keep from yelling, "Keep moving!" But I tell myself not to get too excited. After all, it's something new to them. They'll get the hang of it...eventually.

Yesterday I reviewed a geocache that was placed in a roundabout (the first geocache in an Iowa roundabout submitted to www.geocaching.com that I can recall). Since I had not come across this before, I had to do some research to find out how other reviewers are handling roundabout caches, and to find out if there are any applicable local traffic regulations about walking inside roundabouts. Some reviewers say they use the rule of thumb that if there does not appear to be any pedestrian walkway into the center portion of the roundabout, it would appear that pedestrians are not welcome in the center portion, and therefore neither are geocaches.

Think about it -- how distracting would it be to some drivers if they saw someone poking around in the bushes or rocks inside a roundabout when they're already trying to watch for merging vehicles while trying to find their exit? And it's not just me saying this. The Iowa DOT has a web site that gives advice about roundabouts. (I orignally wrote that previous sentence as "the IDOT gives roundabout advice" but that didn't sound quite right.) The IDOT says this: "Never walk though a roundabout or cross the center island."

Bottom line, unless you seek and obtain special permission for your specific geocache from the local governing municipality, I'm not going to publish geocaches that are placed inside roundabouts .

Here is a quote on a blog of an Iowa reviewer:

Roundabouts

On my way to and from one of my office locations, there's a newly constructed roundabout that I now pass through. It's so new that occasionally drivers in front of me seem to be confused about what to do so they slow down or even stop before entering. It's all I can do to keep from yelling, "Keep moving!" But I tell myself not to get too excited. After all, it's something new to them. They'll get the hang of it...eventually.

Yesterday I reviewed a geocache that was placed in a roundabout (the first geocache in an Iowa roundabout submitted to www.geocaching.com that I can recall). Since I had not come across this before, I had to do some research to find out how other reviewers are handling roundabout caches, and to find out if there are any applicable local traffic regulations about walking inside roundabouts. Some reviewers say they use the rule of thumb that if there does not appear to be any pedestrian walkway into the center portion of the roundabout, it would appear that pedestrians are not welcome in the center portion, and therefore neither are geocaches.

Think about it -- how distracting would it be to some drivers if they saw someone poking around in the bushes or rocks inside a roundabout when they're already trying to watch for merging vehicles while trying to find their exit? And it's not just me saying this. The Iowa DOT has a web site that gives advice about roundabouts. (I orignally wrote that previous sentence as "the IDOT gives roundabout advice" but that didn't sound quite right.) The IDOT says this: "Never walk though a roundabout or cross the center island."

Bottom line, unless you seek and obtain special permission for your specific geocache from the local governing municipality, I'm not going to publish geocaches that are placed inside roundabouts .

i understand there point and how they look at that...however there are alot of caches in them, so that is kinda of how i was looking at it??

Bla, bla, bla

i understand there point and how they look at that...however there are alot of caches in them, so that is kinda of how i was looking at it??

Do the round-abouts have crosswalks to the center?! I know Ripon has a round-about with a STOP SIGN to get into it! (Talk about not trusting the system!) Jaywalking into traffic sounds like a bad idea... unless you're talking about Ripon where even a controlled intersection is not needed [because you never see two cars in a round-about at the same time here?!]

Anyway, I had nothing to do with :) any cache :lol: that stopped you from placing your ;) new cache. :)

One more month until the CVC Camo Contest. I hope everyone's ready to take a beating!! :)

Here are the rules:

1) Caches have to be placed within Merced, Stanislaus and San Joaquin counties.

2) Caches have to be placed from October 1st through January 1st, in all weather locations.

3) Caches have to be placed in public areas.

4) Caches have to be larger than a micro with (in your opinion) 4-5 star camo.

5) Caches have to be listed privately till January 1st, at which time they can be listed publicly for anyone and everyone.

6) The first person who finds all of them wins. The prize will be a small trophy.

7) The winner has to devise a challenge for the summer by April 1st.

Did everyone get their works entered? There's only a few days left! [Note: I have a cache that will be posted on 1/1/9... I wonder if that's the BoGA entry?! Hummmm] ;)

I went after a FTF today in Oakdale and Holly cow.....you cvc'ers are fast and on it! I was driving up as someone was driving away in the white car......and even with my lap top in my car I was not even fast enough to snag a FTF!!! ;) oh well I could not even find it any way..lol....Ok I see that 6 or 7 new caches just poped up!