Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

;) WOW

very cool! I've registered!!! (I don't think I've ever been "Member #2" anywhere before haha).

Thanks for doing this...i already LOVE all the options on that site...

This forum site is real dynamic. It allows us to expand in a lot of great ways. And it has an easier forum to navigate. No more having to scroll to the bottom of all the posts to see the newest post. And our posts can be subdivided by topics rather than all the posts under on topic. Its a little less confusing.

I have to work unfortunately tomorrow so I will not be able to make it to the Merced Event.

:anibad:;)That looks suspiciously like JUMPING BAIL! Just when it was announced that your trial was imminent, you decide to skip out. :laughing::anibad:

Hey. You're not going to let a little detail like the defendant not showing up, stop you from giving him a fair trial are you? The sentencing will obviously have to be belayed but I'm sure you'll give him advanced notice when that's scheduled! ;)

red' date='Aug 1 2008, 12:05 PM' post='3582321']

I want to toss around an idea. I know there was a CVC web-site a while ago and it didn't really pan out. I'd like to have our own organization, the Central Valley Geocachers, like the Bay Area Geocacher have. We could use it to converse with other CVCers, set up events and other random things for the CVCers only. No membership fee is required, it free but you have to sign up for the forum.

LEt me know what you think. I threw together a down and dirty web-site to show people what I had in mind. We could edit it and make it what we want. The address is: www.cvgeocachers.com , check it out and let me know what you think. If you want to join just follow the instructions in the upper right hand corner.

Nice site. I think it would bring other people into this Sport.

<div align="center">www.cvgeocachers.com </div>

Impressive job on the Web Site. As long as the group stays together, it would be a good thing. I'll be interested to see how everyone responds.

One little problem could be the use of Jeromy's TradeMark. I think he's a custom to collecting buck-a-roonies where ever that goes. CVC has an official mark that is allowed where ever the group goes - at the same FREE we all paid to become CVC Members. [Always free]

39570_500.jpg

Nice site Baker...I am used to checking these forums on a regular basis so now I just have to remember to check that one once in awhile. (sigh) I forget more and more the older I get! ;) ...What was I saying again?? ;)

I want to toss around an idea. I know there was a CVC web-site a while ago and it didn't really pan out. I'd like to have our own organization, the Central Valley Geocachers, like the Bay Area Geocacher have. We could use it to converse with other CVCers, set up events and other random things for the CVCers only. No membership fee is required, it free but you have to sign up for the forum.

LEt me know what you think. I threw together a down and dirty web-site to show people what I had in mind. We could edit it and make it what we want. The address is: www.cvgeocachers.com , check it out and let me know what you think. If you want to join just follow the instructions in the upper right hand corner.

Hey, I'm all registered too! I do have a question - does this host support polls? It sure would be neat to have a jury vote by poll when we want to make it official that NascarFam is in deep doo doo. ;);)

Now that we have a site...BIG THANKS! Maybe we could have awards. We can use polls for members to vote. Example:

Funniest Log...people throw in their favorite and from there it gets dwindled down to 4 nominations and on site it would look like this:

Funniest Log

GC1234A lakjldjflaj

GC1234B laksdflasj

GC1234C laksdjfla

GC1234D laksdlfjlj

It would have those polling buttons in front of each nominations.

Houston Geocaching Society does this every year and the awards ceremony ends up being an event in December. It's pretty cool. I can say that as I won an award. It's just something fun.

UGH...I just realized I'm logged in as "The Hubby" so now you know it's Wolf Grrl.

Edited by The Hubby

I'm trying t figure out how to make a pole. Bare with me for a few days. If someone know how to do this already then please speak up.

I'm also looking for moderators for the site. If your interested PM me.

Any other ideas? Please send them my way.

Hey, I'm all registered too! I do have a question - does this host support polls? It sure would be neat to have a jury vote by poll when we want to make it official that NascarFam is in deep doo doo. :):huh: [/color][/b]

POLL:

I THINK NASCARFAM IS...

A- GUILTY AS SIN

B- NOT GUILTY UNTIL WE COMPLETE HIS TRIAL

C- IN DEEP DOO DOO [can we say 'doo doo' on this forum?]

D- GOING TO LOOK GOOD IN FEATHERS

E- ON THE LAMB AND SHOULD RECEIVE LESS COURT LIENIENCY AND ADDITIONAL PENALTIES

Hey, I'm all registered too! I do have a question - does this host support polls? It sure would be neat to have a jury vote by poll when we want to make it official that NascarFam is in deep doo doo. :huh::) [/color][/b]

POLL:

I THINK NASCARFAM IS...

A- GUILTY AS SIN

B- NOT GUILTY UNTIL WE COMPLETE HIS TRIAL

C- IN DEEP DOO DOO [can we say 'doo doo' on this forum?]

D- GOING TO LOOK GOOD IN FEATHERS

E- ON THE LAMB AND SHOULD RECEIVE LESS COURT LIENIENCY AND ADDITIONAL PENALTIES

Ops. Forgot to add

F- ALL OF THE ABOVE :)

Nice site. I think it would bring other people into this Sport.

<div align="center">www.cvgeocachers.com </div>

I thought we already discussed this... not a SPORT. If it is, then I will gladly race you 100 meters to the cache after a proper stretch. :huh:

This is an OFFICIAL NOTICE concerning CVC TAG!!! - the "Central Valley's Traveling Cache.

The Central Valley is a large, flat valley that dominates the central portion of the U.S. state of California, United States. It is home to many of California's most productive agricultural efforts. The valley stretches nearly 400 miles (600 km) from north to south. Its northern half is referred to as the Sacramento Valley, and its southern half as the San Joaquin Valley. The two halves meet at the shared delta of the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers, a large expanse of interconnected canals, streambeds, sloughs, marshes and peat islands.

Boundaries and population

Bounded by the Cascade Range to the north, the Sierra Nevada to the east, the Tehachapi Mountains to the south, and the Coast Ranges and San Francisco Bay to the west, the valley is a vast agricultural region drained by the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers.

Counties commonly associated:

• North Sacramento Valley (Shasta, Tehama, Glenn, Butte, Colusa)

• Sacramento Metro (Sacramento, El Dorado, Sutter, Yuba, Yolo, Placer)

North San Joaquin (San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced)

• South San Joaquin (Madera, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, Kern)

----------------------------------------

The legal area for CVC Tag!!! is hereby defined as "The North San Joaquin Portion of the Central Valley, consisting of the counties of San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Merced."

Coincidently it is the three western counties of California Department of Transportation District 10 area.

488b7133-78dc-4fb8-8b59-2a5b5fec638f.jpg

...I thought we already discussed this... not a SPORT. If it is, then I will gladly race you 100 meters to the cache after a proper stretch. :D

So you ARE interested in the next GBES Rally!? It will be nice to compete against you. :o (Geocaching is not just a fun sport, it's an addiction.) :D

This is an OFFICIAL NOTICE concerning CVC TAG!!! - the "Central Valley's Traveling Cache.

The legal area for CVC Tag!!! is hereby defined as "The North San Joaquin Portion of the Central Valley, consisting of the counties of San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Merced."

So that's the line we dare not cross?! I feel strangely drawn.

By reading this forum everyone gives you the impression that I do nothing but cause trouble. In fact they all make it seem that way. I accidently took tag out of the area 2 times. In fact Photom, 2 for the road Jpd and I could go on to how many people have taken it out of its boundaries up till recent update. As looking at the rules for tag, Merced was not in bounds. Which I am glad to see Tag has expanded his boundaries a little bit. So there for I once again am asking that all Tar and Featherings. For all be removed and we start over from this date. 8/3/2008.

Has anyone ever looked the pardon aplication? But I can not fill it out till after I am sentenced. But as I was asking in lines above. There should be no reason for a pardon to take place.

Edited by Nascar Fam

So that's the line we dare not cross?! I feel strangely drawn.

Please see the CVC Tag!!! description on his cache page. That "line" can be crossed at times, but the offender will be subject to Tar and Feathering.

I did some checking with TPTB and would like to emphasize a few points:

a] The official stance from Groundspeak is benign indifference to traveling caches.

b] Situations that might warrant the attention of a Reviewer or Admin would be having the cache moved to a blatant violation of the Guidelines, such as railroads, National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges, schools, airports, and so called "terrorist targets" (e.g. Federal buildings, overpasses, bridges). As long as people use common sense, those usually don't come up.

c] Jeremy has come out officially and banned multiple finds such as passing the cache around for signatures at an event.

Based upon the above, and the desires of the CVC "gang" - I will not archive CVC Tag!!!

But I will DELETE logs when it is obvious that one of these rules has been violated. Let's all play nice Let's all play just the way we have been and keep "Tag" alive for a few more years....

So there for I once again am asking that all Tar and Featherings. For all be removed and we start over from this date. 8/3/2008.

OK Greg - since I am the new owner, and I am basically a nice guy, and since you keep whining... I will drop the charges for the GW VI trip if you provide 75 signed and notarized individual petitions from CVC Members. Oh, and you will need to certify that each of the 75 have posted at least ten times to the CVC Forum and that their home addresses are within the area of CVC Tag!!!'s new boundaries. :o:D

I will drop the charges for the GW VI trip if you provide 75 signed and notarized individual petitions from CVC Members. Oh, and you will need to certify that each of the 75 have posted at least ten times to the CVC Forum and that their home addresses are within the area of CVC Tag!!!'s new boundaries.[/color] [/b]

Another vote in support of my friend Greg. And yes I meet the posting and address requirements.

FREEDOM FOR NASCARFAM!!!

braverheartfreedom.jpeg

Thank you Ted! As I was reading the posts to catch up I noticed "pole" as it was meant to be "poll". LOL...too funny. :)

Who said that about CVC gang and tag remaining active for a few more years? Was that from Jeramy or from Photom?

Everyone deserves a second chance. Greg, you have my vote. I fulfill all requirements; address and posts. When Sky comes back she will post so she too can qualify.

Oh by the way Greg...that pole dancer cache, that was not the name and that is my cache not The Hubby's. Yes I will forgive you and still sign the petition! :)

Baker Red - you can contact "frivlas" via geocaching.com and ask her about Wherigo. She actually served as a Beta Tester for it. She knows all about it. I'm sure she would be happy to answer your questions.

red' date='Aug 3 2008, 09:12 PM' post='3584982']

Has anyone done the Wherigo at the Flee MArket in San Jose? How was it? Is it as cool as it sounds? Any idea if any are gonna be done in the Valley? Can you submit your own Wherigo?

There is a Wherigo builder on the Wherigo.com site where you can make your Own where I go. Like kim said Frivlas was a beta tester for the flea market.

...I thought we already discussed this... not a SPORT. If it is, then I will gladly race you 100 meters to the cache after a proper stretch. :)

So you ARE interested in the next GBES Rally!? It will be nice to compete against you. :D (Geocaching is not just a fun sport, it's an addiction.) :)

Well, 1 out of 2 is correct... I'm not so sure that putting a gps in a race would classify it as a SPORT. The race is the sport. How it is done is the GAME. ;) Back to my 100 meter challenge... the gps stays home along with the silky track shorts... :)

Edited by bubnme

Tom, we all knew that Tag wasn't going to be archived....Bill would have never passed the torch to you had he thought that was your intention. :) That's why we all love you so much Tom...You are such a kidder!! :)

Based upon the above, and the desires of the CVC "gang" - I will not archive CVC Tag!!!

Has anyone done the Wherigo at the Flee MArket in San Jose?

Yes :)

How was it? Is it as cool as it sounds?

Yes, although I had to pay for parking in the Flea Market lot :)

Any idea if any are gonna be done in the Valley?

Maybe you could be the first ;)

Can you submit your own Wherigo?

Yes, anyone can submit a Wherigo Cartridge/Cache.

As was mentioned earlier, frivlas helped develop that particular Cartridge. The Wherigo Building Team did the actual programming, while frivlas, I believe, submitted pictures and coordinates in the Flea Market area for the Team to work with. It was one of four Cartridges developed for the S.F./San Jose area. Three of the four were redeployed when the new site was launched, but the fourth has yet to see the light of day for some reason (up in Golden Gate Park). The other one in the Japanese Gardens in San Jose is also a terrific Cartridge to play.

Keep in mind, that the Flea Market Cartridge is not a Wherigo Cache. There is no container to find. It's all Cartridge play that involves a series of stages to solve a mystery. The Japanese Garden Cartridge is also similar. No icon on your Profile for playing those two, but very creative and fun nonetheless.

If you're thinking of diving into the arcane world of Wherigo programming, I would recommend doing the following:

1. Check to see if you have one of the supported devices first. dgreno has compiled a handy list, gleaned from the Forum, that is fairly comprehensive:

Wherigo Player supported devices

2. Download the most recent Player and Builder:

Wherigo Player

Wherigo Builder

3. Read through the Wherigo Tutorial

4. Download some of the Open Source Cartridges, particularly ones put together by the Wherigo Development Team, and open them up in the Builder just to see how some things are put together.

5. Ask lots of questions on the Wherigo Forums. Lots of knowledgeable people there that are sure to help :)

Look like lots of work? Yes it is, and it obviously is not for everyone. You'll have to judge whether you have the time or inclination for taking it on.

...I thought we already discussed this... not a SPORT. If it is, then I will gladly race you 100 meters to the cache after a proper stretch. :)

So you ARE interested in the next GBES Rally!? It will be nice to compete against you. :) (Geocaching is not just a fun sport, it's an addiction.) :D

Well, 1 out of 2 is correct... I'm not so sure that putting a gps in a race would classify it as a SPORT. The race is the sport. How it is done is the GAME. ;) Back to my 100 meter challenge... the gps stays home along with the silky track shorts... :)

So how would someone know when they're getting close to the end of the 100m (without a warning) and how would they know the've actually found the 100m without their GPSr? You think we work miricles?! No. Behind every good sport, there's the need for a GPSr. LOL

FREEDOM FOR NASCARFAM!!!

Hey, he WILL be free - just attired in a dumb looking orange suit and wearing stupid looking feathers for a while. But free..... :)

I think this attire would pretty much disqualify NascarFam from finding the Muggle Training Caches in Merced if not all urban caches in the area.

Speaking of Muggle Training I am going to change the subject a bit:

I got a compliment this weekend at the event regarding the logging of my DNFs. It would be interesting to hear some feedback on this issue. Case in point, look at Muggle Training The Fountain then look at the other new nearby caches and ask yourself why this cache wasn't looked for.

As you can see, I am quite proud of my DNF's which I just counted this morning. I am even prouder of some of my FTDNFs but I haven't been diligent about keeping track of them. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Jo Hates Ivy!

Edited by CentralCArn

Speaking of Muggle Training I am going to change the subject a bit:

I got a compliment this weekend at the event regarding the logging of my DNFs. It would be interesting to hear some feedback on this issue. Case in point, look at Muggle Training The Fountain then look at the other new nearby caches and ask yourself why this cache wasn't looked for.

I REALLY APPRECIATE the logging of DNF's. And yes, Nathaniel, you get a big GOLD STAR. When a person searches for a cache, doesn't find it and then doesn't log a DNF, they are doing a disservice to subsequent finders as well as the cache owner. Since you (and only you) have logged DNF's on the "Muggle Training - the Fountain" - I plan to go check it after while. I too believe that more folks have looked than what the logs show.

So, bottom line, THANK YOU CentralCaRN for your help! :)

So there for I once again am asking that all Tar and Featherings. For all be removed and we start over from this date. 8/3/2008.

OK Greg - since I am the new owner, and I am basically a nice guy, and since you keep whining... I will drop the charges for the GW VI trip if you provide 75 signed and notarized individual petitions from CVC Members. Oh, and you will need to certify that each of the 75 have posted at least ten times to the CVC Forum and that their home addresses are within the area of CVC Tag!!!'s new boundaries. :):)

Well, I hav ethe required 10 posts(most about BBQ) I have not found a cache yet, and live on the edge.... If you need it i'll sign. Gotta support race fans, even if they like circle racing