Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I don't want to brag... but I caches 12 days in a row (three years ago :) )

I think Team Alamo or BThomas or Photom or one of those addicted caches may hold the record. Bev on the other hand, may hold the record for the most amount of breaking the CVC Tag rules - taking her (the helpless cache) out of the country. Not that we need to make that a contest. :);)

I don't want to brag... but I caches 12 days in a row (three years ago :) )

I think Team Alamo or BThomas or Photom or one of those addicted caches may hold the record. Bev on the other hand, may hold the record for the most amount of breaking the CVC Tag rules - taking her (the helpless cache) out of the country. Not that we need to make that a contest. :):)

;) If I told you we were approaching 800 consecutive days what would you think? It is a very very very hard streak to keep going.... :)

OK I have a question. Besides Frivales who I know I will never catch. what is the most days anyone has ever cached in a row? I am really going to try to do what Boga says on his name thing. I am not sure how I will do at this.

Ahem...who? BTW...Kablooey has like twice my record.

OK I have a question. Besides Frivales who I know I will never catch. what is the most days anyone has ever cached in a row? I am really going to try to do what Boga says on his name thing. I am not sure how I will do at this.

sorry for the spelling. I completly botched up your name. I guess I was in just to big of a hurry when I posted that. I thought you all might of come out for Wolfgrrls event. It as a great event. well I will see how many days I can go and keep this going.

Edited by Nascar Fam

sorry for the spelling. I completly botched up your name. I guess I was in just to big of a hurry when I posted that. I thought you all might of come out for Wolfgrrls event. It as a great event. well I will see how many days I can go and keep this going.

No prob...some days I even misspell it. LOL. We wanted to go to Wolf Grrl's event, but little league got in the way. We will see you at another event soon, I am sure and when that happens, I bet you will still be going! Keep it up.

Yep, I'm a trouble maker for sure! (And proud of it!) Learned everything I know from OF, BOGA, JPD and Photom! ;)

I see the progression (or is that digression) of your ways. Although, I'd list those logically as JPD, BoGA, OF and then Photom. I know OF has had the most amount of years of influencing you so that's how she rates the second worst. ;)

Yep, I'm a trouble maker for sure! (And proud of it!) Learned everything I know from OF, BOGA, JPD and Photom! ;)

I see the progression (or is that digression) of your ways. Although, I'd list those logically as JPD, BoGA, OF and then Photom. I know OF has had the most amount of years of influencing you so that's how she rates the second worst. :D

You're funny!! ;)

So is it Mrs. CVC Tag or just Ms. CVC Tag? Is there a Mr. Tag?

There's no record of any marriage... and her children have more varieties than Baskin Robbins. It all roots back to her love for foreign travel, but that's all in the past. :D:)

ohh boy who decided to open up the bag of worms?????

There's no record of any marriage... and her children have more varieties than Baskin Robbins. It all roots back to her love for foreign travel, but that's all in the past. :laughing::unsure:

Certainly not OF, 2fer, Photom, JPD or... let's see... who else has taken CVC Tag!!! out of the state (or country)? :laughing: Oh, ya. Radikel.

Edited by Green Achers

There's no record of any marriage... and her children have more varieties than Baskin Robbins. It all roots back to her love for foreign travel, but that's all in the past. :unsure::laughing:

Certainly not OF, 2fer, Photom, JPD or... let's see... who else has taken CVC Tag!!! out of the state (or country)? :laughing: Oh, ya. Radikel.

I cannot think why you are pointing your finger at me. Tag certainly cannot be taken out of the Central Valley and then back into the Central Valley without the help of at least two cachers, and maybe three.

That said, I think a foreign adventure is much more pleasant for a roving cache, than sitting idle in locations around the Central Valley for days and weeks on end. (Same theory applies to people such as myself :laughing: ).

Bill,

We got 11 inches on two days, and now it is pouring again. The main highway from our house had the west bound lanes closed for four days due to flooding.

There is a reason we all live in California! :laughing:

Ya, 'cause it's never flooded in California. :laughing: Well, It's never flooded in CVC. :laughing: OK, Most of Manteca has never flooded... in the past 11 years. :laughing:

Hang in there JaimeeG and Fattuhr. We're rooting for you.

There's no record of any marriage... and her children have more varieties than Baskin Robbins. It all roots back to her love for foreign travel, but that's all in the past. :laughing::laughing:

I cannot think why you are pointing your finger at me. Tag certainly cannot be taken out of the Central Valley and then back into the Central Valley without the help of at least two cachers, and maybe three.

That said, I think a foreign adventure is much more pleasant for a roving cache, than sitting idle in locations around the Central Valley for days and weeks on end. (Same theory applies to people such as myself :rolleyes: ).

Was that a defense or an acceptance speach?! :laughing:

Ok. after working and working alot this last week and caching while I can I was just to tired to keep the streak going so I lasted 8 days. My hat goes off to those who can keep these going. I made up for it today. Went out with a friend today and tied my best day of 18. Hoping to blow it out of the water next saturday doing a bay area cache run.

hey If anyone is out and about this week and has a chance to look in on Blooming cache. I got busted by security camera there yesterday. Employee came out and asked what I was doing and that the owner was watching us on security camera and wanted to know what we were doing in his parking lot. So I explained the whole thing to him and he seemed to be good with it. But not sure what the owner thought once he told him. The employee knew where the cache was cause when he came up to us we had it in our hands. So not sure if they would removed it. That was the second security camera incident of the Day also.

Ok Greg, you didn't call me on that one! :D Second one? I would've thought after the first one you were done for the day.

I reached 1000 caches! WOOHOO!! FINALLY!! The Original Stash Tribute Plaque was my 1000th cache find! It was so cool. It was hailing, muddy, raining, and a mere 32 degrees out :) We had fun! If I knew how to post a picture in here I would. We then even grabbed a virtual, an earthcache, and a web cam in Oregon. 21 caches, over 1500 miles driven, seeing my family, 1000th cache find Priceless!

I am glad to hear every one had such a good time at our event. PHEW! Super Grrl will be planning the next one in the summer. It will be an ice cream social. Keep your eyes out for that one!

Caswell Park, I thought dogs weren't allowed on the trails there but could go camping. I only say that because Judd and I have been scoping out trails to go hiking with our dogs. When we checked out Caswell that is what we saw which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Ticks, that reminds me time for a vet appointment to get the meds for that. Every one be careful out there!

~Wolf Grrl

BTW Sanruft...it's nice to see you back in the forums as well. I will soon be dragging you out caching. I received permission from Barbara to kidnap you. We'll get you off the wagon shortly. :)

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to every one that attended the Spring Fling. We all had a great time!

~Wolf Grrl/Kim

Congrats on your 1000th Kim. Ya I was really hating Security Cameras. the one on the flowershop is very tiny buble thing. Did not see it till they pointed it out to me. And did not see the one at nurses have hearts till you told me it was there but that was about 3 minutes before security showed up.

Yeah, it is feels good to be back...I am hoping to get some caching in - Perhaps a little this weekend.

Barbara mentioned that she wanted to get rid of me for the day. :D

BTW Sanruft...it's nice to see you back in the forums as well. I will soon be dragging you out caching. I received permission from Barbara to kidnap you. We'll get you off the wagon shortly. :D

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to every one that attended the Spring Fling. We all had a great time!

~Wolf Grrl/Kim

All I did was the honey-do" list...Now, I can't help it if I did everything incorrectly and was constantly asking her for help when doing so. :D (Just kidding of course...Or was I??) :D

Barbara mentioned that she wanted to get rid of me for the day. :D

How did you work that out?! :laughing: Maybe it will work here too!? :rolleyes:

Edited by Sanruft

Barbara mentioned that she wanted to get rid of me for the day. :o

How did you work that out?! :o Maybe it will work here too!? :D

All I did was the honey-do" list...Now, I can't help it if I did everything incorrectly and was constantly asking her for help when doing so. :D (Just kidding of course...Or was I??) :D

That's brilliant. You're a master. :D

Wow! Did you read Tag's latest log?? And to think Mr. BoGA thought taking Tag out of the country was a bad thing! Someone got poor Tag locked in the slammer. :grin: Ok, a safe, but the idea is sort of the same. Thanks to Sonorazark's persistence, Tag is free again! I think we from MACland better plan an intervention ASAP. ;)

Wow! Did you read Tag's latest log?? And to think Mr. BoGA thought taking Tag out of the country was a bad thing! Someone got poor Tag locked in the slammer. :blink: Ok, a safe, but the idea is sort of the same. Thanks to Sonorazark's persistence, Tag is free again! I think we from MACland better plan an intervention ASAP. :unsure:

I think the Macland people need to do something. Due to one of there own were the one who got Ms. Tag locked up in the first place. haha :(:)

Hope to see everyone at the event this weekend and Mickey grove park.

Thank you...Feels good to be back out there.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will make it to this weekends event though. I have too many "to-do's" this weekend that need to be completed. I hope everyone has a great time though!

Looking foward to seeing everyone at the event this weekend. Should be a great turnout. Glad to see you out there sanruft caching agian.

<div align="center">RCGDS-3rd Time Is The Charm ???? </div> Event

Edited by Sanruft

I had an interetsing run in with a reviewer over a new cache at CSUS. Nomex denied publication of the cache as being "commercial" because I used the CSUS logo on the cache page. He supported his postion by saying that the college charges admission at its sporting events. What kind of power trip is this guy on? Anyway, I filed an appeal with Groundspeak.

Edited by TeamJake2

I had an interetsing run in with a reviewer over a new cache at CSUS. Nomex denied publication of the cache as being "commercial" because I used the CSUS logo on the cache page. He supported his postion by saying that the college charges admission at its sporting events. What kind of power trip is this guy on? Anyway, I filed an appeal with Groundspeak.

That is crazy. what about caches like at Caswell park. you have to pay to park there. so these caches will not be alowed now?

Hummm. Nomex is good about keeping us honest so I wonder if this is a change in the policy. I'm sure he didn't make it up himself.

You're right that there are indeed other caches that you have to pay an entrance fee to get to the cache(s). Tomorrows GeoGathering is a perfect example... The Gathering as well as a few permanent caches are all fee required. Now it's government run rather than 'for profit' so maybe that's the difference!?

I do know that Groundspeak has always tried to keep Geocaching available to everyone. They have the challenge to splitting the acceptable from the major marketing. The extremes are easy to divide but drawing the line is a handful.

Hang in there while we see what the problem is. Nomex is a frequent visitor to CVC and not the cold hearted sole you might image. (He's actually a nice guy and a good cacher).

micke%20grove%20construction%20mar%2008.jpg

BOGA, I'll have to take your word on that. Even more interetsing was the answer to my appeal. The appeal reviewer "Michael" said nothing at all about the cache being commericial, but denied publication of the cache because I didn't have permission from the college to place the cache or use the CSUS Mascot logo. Keep in mind that one day before another of my caches was approved at CSUS without any issue. Actually it was published by Nomex within 5 mins of being posted. Not only this but there are at least 3 other caches at CSUS which i am sure the school knows nothing about! I have asked the appeal reviewer to provide me with contact information for his/her supervisor. I have no inclination to just let this go away.

Dan

Hmmm... :laughing: From what I know of Nomex he is nice and fair. However, this subject is irritating the crud out of me! Need I remind them that CSU campuses are public property aka State. As tax payers we pay for that. I know being a student they are communicating how important the upcoming elections are going to be for our PUBLIC colleges. You don't look like a pedaphile hanging around a college campus, you actually blend in. Are people forgetting there are no "rules" to geocaching? There are "guidelines". While I appreciate their hard work as reviewers, I think some take their role way too seriously. Please remember cachers, they are volunteers. They don't get paid, they don't get discounts on merchandise, they get nothing. This is on their free time. However, I think in the spirit of our game some need to relax. If the college does not want it there, they will remove it. Until then, let them be placed on what we all pay for! No harm, no foul, right? Just playing devi's advocate here.

BTW...the event on Saturday was so much fun! We all had a great time. We hung out with NascarFam and SB Junky while Super Grrl hung out with OlympicWannabe. She had a blast! Great weather, great cachers, who could ask for more?!

We are now armed with alternative caching mobile's...kayaks! We bought them today, put them in the water today, grabbed a FTF today with them! Too much fun.

I hope it doesn't take GW6 to see every one again. That reminds me, I see Sanruft is going and has booked a room. Party at Sanrufts room! WOOHOO!