Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Just wanted to say thank you to Stashseeker, Mr. Stashseeker and GreenAchers for putting on a fantastic event last Saturday morning. I really enjoyed meeting so many nice and friendly cachers, and thoroughly enjoyed the "game" you put out for us.

Awesome job gang! I look forward to the next one!! (Latte Cache III??) ;)

THANK YOU!!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to Stashseeker, Mr. Stashseeker and GreenAchers for putting on a fantastic event last Saturday morning. I really enjoyed meeting so many nice and friendly cachers, and thoroughly enjoyed the "game" you put out for us.

Awesome job gang! I look forward to the next one!! (Latte Cache III??) ;)

THANK YOU!!!!

Ditto what Sunruft said!

This event was a great way to start fun day. We had already made plans to cache our way to Yosemite after the event. Otherwise we would have stayed for the game.

We'll be back for the next one!

Thanks, Alan GeoSharks

Sunruft, there is a copy right infringement on the picture that is your avatar.

Don

I hope this is a joke...Cause I am taking it as one

Yes, It was a joke. That is a nice pix of you guys, that was taken from my cache out in Bodega Bay.

Don

Sunruft, there is a copy right infringement on the picture that is your avatar.

Don

I hope this is a joke...Cause I am taking it as one

Just got the word from Don that it indeed, was a joke...Not many people get one past me, but I must admit, this one got me!! (I was just contemplating removing the picture and placing a different "symbol" in it's place) I am definitely known as a "jokester" here in the office and around the neighborhood, so "hats-off' to you Don for nailing me with a good one!

LOL!! I will remember this one Don...I hope to stump you on a cache one day!!

The picture was taken with a camera inside a cache located in Bodega Bay...Bird's Eye View...Nice location for a cache. The picture was posted and good enough for me to use as my avatar.

CHEERS!

Whoa, Soul2SoulConnections. I didn't say ''GO.'' :laughing: Congratulations!

Hey, I just read this log and got another laugh...

California  Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Outrageous Fortunes posted a note for Delta Butter (Traditional Cache)     

I was headed out to Discovery Bay today to do some work and thought I'd check for any close caches, so I stumbled across this one. For a cache that's never been found, it's got the funniest logs! After I finally stopped laughing, I realized I couldn't try this one alone today. And if we got our boat out there (it hasn't seen the water in two years) we might end up like Green Achers! Thanks for the entertainment guys. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Ok, I'm trying to post to the forum for the first time, so NO LAUGHING! At least not so I can hear it, please.

Bill, I'm glad you enjoyed my post for Delta Butter, I certainly enjoyed yours. I laughed right out loud for quite a while - only because we have been there too. You know; engine troubles, tons of water in the bilge, run aground, etc, etc. Good to know we're not the only ones who do stuff like that. Remember, the anchor is your friend.

I was truly hurt *sniff*sniff* that you came to Stockton and didn't do any of our caches! But thanks for providing good coords for NT JAM #4.

-Laura Outrageous

I was truly hurt *sniff*sniff* that you came to Stockton and didn't do any of our caches! But thanks for providing good coords for NT JAM #4.

-Laura Outrageous

Yeah, I may have not found any of yours but at least I tried to find a few. :laughing: Stockton wasn't very nice to us that day (1 find, 4 DNFs). <_<

--Marky

We're planting a cache up on swiss ranch road tomorrow. It'll be full of good stuff. Watch for it Wildlifeguy.

Found "The secret forest" by Ron Streeter in Lodi, and "Tools of the Trade" in Modesto today. Both caches worth finding. "Secret Forest" because it's a neat area that I (and I'll bet most people) didn't know existed. "Tools" because of all the great goodies.

Wow. I leave the forum for a couple days and the place goes wild with postings. I like it. Maybe I need to ignore this thread more often. <_<

Hi Laura. [snicker, snicker] So glad to see you made it. Even if you were tricked into being here. <_<

We ran out this morning before starting all the homework to verify Dew A Water Dance. Sure enough, it was muggled again. I replaced it and believe this time it will challenge the little low life - which also made me up the ratings. There will be CITY FIREWORKS at this cache tonight! Ever cache under fire before??

Next, we ran over to The Green One Returns. Turns out it returned with a partner. :mad: I found two green ones and had to laught because of the DNF's. There were two out there and neigther one could be found! Oh, well. Now there's one and it's were it should be so hunt on and enjoy it.

Looks like River Crossing has all been checked out as well so I'd say that park is now in erfect shape with some really classic caches. :mad:

GRRRRRRRRR.... I missed out on most all of the Latte get together due to some work that needed to be done. Then, the object of the work quit 3 days later. Perhaps he knew the end was near and we were checking one him. If the boob would have just quit a week earlier. :D Still, it was nice to pop in just to say hi to a few of the folks I knew and then meet a few others. I'll be back out there soon. Still trying to get all settled in here at the new homestead...

BTW. For those who met me and may be wondering. My handle is based on my last name. A nickname. It's not a physical thing. :o

Still, it was nice to pop in just  to say hi to a few of the folks I knew and then meet a few others.

Hiya Brute-Force. Glad you could pop in even for a short time. It was good seeing you. I hope that next time you can hang out a little longer and maybe even chat! :o

--Marky

BTW. For those who met me and may be wondering. My handle is based on my last name. A nickname. It's not a physical thing.  :o

Sure, Mr. Force. What ever you say. :o

Hey CVC! I know many of you have planned and plotted some great caches before, but can you beat this one... I've arrainged for a full Fireworks Show at Dew A Water Dance starting at 9PM. It's just my way of showing everyone, you can't over plan a cache. :D

OK, it just happens their launching them from that park but it is open to the public and ready for a large crowds of cachers and muggles.

Edited by Green Achers

This Just in:

We are having an impromptu event cache at Shadow Cliffs Regional Park in Pleasanton on Sunday (July 11th), around Noon. Pepper is going to be in town and we thought it would be fun to have a picnic and chat. This is open to all geocachers (not just the ones who know Pepper). :laughing: As soon as the event cache is approved, the details will be here:

--Marky

You know, I've never met Pepper face to face. We've email each other many times in our Geo-travels, but our paths have never crossed. Maybe I'll be there as I've wanted to do several of those caches across the lake anyway. Hummm. [Homework? Geocaching? Homework? Geocaching? I can't make up my mind.] :P Anyone up for a swim? :P

Correction: Ops. Wrong lake. Shadow Cliffs should be better and there's a few caches there I've yet to hunt!

Edited by Green Achers

From a openned and closed thread...

Inukshuk Posted: Jul 9 2004, 03:40 AM

To fill those quieter moments in the office - when you'd really rather be out caching, have a go at Geoword - the geocachingtoday e magazine's new crossword and see if you can get inducted into the Geoword Hall Of Fame!

www.geocachingtoday.com

Good luck - inukshuk

Puzzle completed today between homework. Next!? :D:)

Yesterday sucked. I really wanted to run out to the Pleasanton Gathering for Pepper - as I've never met her or her husband. Right before I was going to leave, I found out it was no longer a day of rest. Work snuck in when I wasn't looking and got all over me. Isn't that enough to tick off the (Across - 4 letters) _ _ _ _! :unsure:

Hey! A new CVC member... Welcome CacheCows209.

Edited by Green Achers

To be a Stockton cacher,

Or not to be a Stockton cacher,

That is the question;-

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortunes,

Or to take arms against a sea of caches,

And by finding finally post them?

Where is everybody? I guess camping, working, traveling, gardening, taking kids to camp, etc, etc, etc; just like us. We are working on a few new caches too. Hopefully they will be ready next week.

-Laura Outrageous

Hello ALL!!!!

It seems I haven't posted here in quite a while. Been too busy, Father retireing, parents moving and having to help out has pretty much taken up my whole month of June. Oh and here it is the middle of July. Wow Time really flies when you can't geocache.

Well I was able to be FTF on the new Swiss Ranch cache. Bug is still playing with her latest stuffed friend. Thank you again.

For Green Achers, I know We (my Wife, Bug, and I) made it up to your WHere 2 waters cross cache, and sent you the phrase on the back of the cache. You probably even emailed me but I apparently never logged it. It's been a while since we did this little dance, should I just go back up there and get the info and go through the motions once again. Man that would be a bummer, or would it......I know a pretty good spot for a cache just a little further up the road....at the lake perhaps.....some good fishing there...hmmmmm

My next attempt at a FTF is going to have to be the new one on the island in New Hogan. As a retirement present my dad got an Etrex Legend and wants to know about geocaching, so I was going to take him to that one on Sunday evening, so if you want the FTF on that one ya'all are gonna have to get up there real soon!!!

Finally, I picked up the Cannonball TB transporter cache/TB and will be replacing it with the old man (my father) this weekend. Anybody want to see it somewhere in particular? I have a few ideas but am always open to suggestions.

I don't know if I have ever said this, but, thanks to all in CVC and in this area in general for your kindness and friendlyness to me and my family. You all are a great bunch of people and it has been my honor to play this wonderful game with you.

Peace!

Wow, too many projects here to cache or even visit the thread for a while. We did make it out to the A's game last night however! As we were there I thought, ''Is this what not working feels like?'' It was almost like caching without any chance of getting poison oak. :tired:

Nuts'n'Bolts? It's only on my dodo list but I will be there. Did you beat me there? I'm getting really used to getting beat these days as well. Maybe you should do Counterparts, Double Agent and Double Trouble so I can have time to catch up. :unsure:

Stockton Geocacher? The strainge thing is that such a large population has such a low representation in Geocachers. Considering Ron Streeter did so many great caches up there, you'd think it would have really caught on - and the noble thing would no longer be at questions... It's Geocaching of course!

WLG, I did get your submission and replied. Feel free to log your find on Where Two Waters Cross. And thanks for the kind words on that cache and our area. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Finally, I picked up the Cannonball TB transporter cache/TB and will be replacing it with the old man (my father) this weekend. Anybody want to see it somewhere in particular? I have a few ideas but am always open to suggestions.

I suggest you avoid micro's with that travel bug. :unsure: It's gia-normous and I don't even think it can fit in PHEROMONE. Maybe just hand it over to another suck~ ah... cacher. Good luck.

Chance of me Geocaching this weekend is 0.3%. Maybe next weekend?!?

Get this guys...a few days ago...before I was a supporter of the geocaching website(premium member) I was on my way to RyanCTeks Secret Trail(for the 5th time) :blink: which is on a levee road...I was riding my bike...which i cache almost all the time on...and saw a felled tree trunk that was huge!!! :o I said....man what a great place for a cache!!! :( so being the inquisitive and always searching searcher I went inside to have a look at the insides...I was looking for a good spot to hide a cache and out of the corner of my eye...I saw a glint of a green army type box......could it be???!?!?!? :lol: a cache??? It was Stumpy!!!!!! :P ...... I've been wondering where that bugger was and I found him without a GPS!!! Anyway the moral of the story is to become a premium member so I can log it and that great cachers (Ron Streeter...I'm only in my apprenticeship) think alike..and also I found the secret trail so that was cool too...Man what a day!!! :P

Hey! I need both of those caches. What an amazing find without using a GPSr and only think your the first cacher there.

Ron and I once placed the first two Manteca Caches with in a day of each other without knowing the other had done so. Even though Ron placed his a day before mine, his was rejected because mine was approved first. The two caches were less than 30 feet from each other. (Ron later changed his to a M.O. and got it approved even though I offered to pull mine).

So maybe we should spark up the BBQ and celebrate. That icon's making me hungry. :blink:

Hey! I need both of those caches. What an amazing find without using a GPSr and only think your the first cacher there.

Ron and I once placed the first two Manteca Caches with in a day of each other without knowing the other had done so. Even though Ron placed his a day before mine, his was rejected because mine was approved first. The two caches were less than 30 feet from each other. (Ron later changed his to a M.O. and got it approved even though I offered to pull mine).

So maybe we should spark up the BBQ and celebrate. That icon's making me hungry.  :blink:

Hi Bill, wornout here. Just wanted to let you know, and post here for all to see, that I disabled 'Nothing But Anenna Balls' today.

Sorry it took so long but I have not been getting my cache logs, or logs from caches I added to my watch list, from gc.com. I got the weekly notify list, my GPX downloads, and email from other cacher just fine, it was just the logs that were not being received. Don't know if it was my ISP rejecting the traffic, or if gc.com put my ISP on 'the list' since I am from Baja, Mexico. One would think if it was my ISP, then all email from gc.com should have been blocked. Oh well, I am used another email address for gc.com, validated it, and all is fine now. Take care, hope to see you and other CVC'ers at Badges 4 in August, wornout

PS: The email address you have used all along is still good.

Edited by wornout

Hey Warren! Thank you and so sorry that I did such a poor job of maintaining your cache. I think the area was too often visited by people dumping their yard clippings and such. So as I told you in the email messages that I hope you got... I've got your replacement ammo can and will hand it over at the next time we see each other.

Wow. There's a new cacher in CVC that I didn't know about and they already hit the century mark. Congradulations and a late welcome to wrong way smurf! :(

Heck, I'd bet you can get Ca.GeoCoins from Marky and or FizzyMagic right now. If it would help, I can pick them up from Fizzy and bring them into the Tracy, Manteca, Ripon Area's for your pick up. In fact, if you just want to see one, I stashed another one yesterday in Modesto! They also make a nice FTF prize so I hope other CVC concider a few.

Hi all you CVCers,

I found CVCTag!!! yesterday. Thanks Bill for the drive-up cache and drive-up coffee because I was there pretty early (BC-before coffee)! I have hidden it in Stockton for a while so you will all have to make the loooooong drive up here and hopefully do some of our local caches if you want to take it back quickly. Otherwise, I promise to bring it back to Stanislaus County after several local cachers have had a chance to see this cool cache and experience this great idea. Thanks again! :laughing:

I have hidden it in Stockton for a while so you will all have to make the loooooong drive up here and hopefully do some of our local caches if you want to take it back quickly. Otherwise, I promise to bring it back to Stanislaus County after several local cachers have had a chance to see this cool cache and experience this great idea. Thanks again! :(

No need to worry about Tag being in Stockton. I believe that is in bounds (because I can drive to get it from there if it worries me). Always delighted to see other CVC folk enjoying it's challenge.

So, is that French I'm reading? Let me open my farmers multi linguist guide...

C'est la vieille manière de fermiers de la traduction bable en anglais. J'ai sélectionné vers le haut cette compétence fasse un Geocache. Stupéfier d'It's quels you'll apprennent si vous entreprise juste hors d'de petits chemins de votre chemin normal.

Edited by Green Achers
Cher "fermier de beaucoup chapeaux",

S'il vous plait arretez avant que vous vous blessez!

Yes, I'd sure hate to get wounded.

So... Ted and Rosa are into the Tag fun? And they knew who's house it was last placed near. Hummm. I'd be floored laughing if Team GUI next appeared to beat Ryanctek! Are there any other Stockton cachers (besides Ron whom is not likely to jump into the fun)? BTW, don't forget to build those tee-pee's to flag you've got it.

Well, CVCTag!!! certainly seems to have livened up the Stockton caching scene! Apparently JeepySr, Ryanctek, and WildLifeGuy had a three ring circus going yesterday. I'm cracking up just reading the posts! Thanks to GeorgeandMary for the original concept and thanks to GreenAchers for the maintenance. Who knows, it may even draw Ron Streeter back to caching just to see the cool container.

-Laura

Where oh where has the CVC Tag gone, Oh where O' where can it be?????

Arrrgh, If Ryanctek had given me the correct coordinates it would have been mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats Ok, I have a devilish multi in the works right now. It's up in my area, and will take you to a hidden Cemetery. My favorite kind of caches. Heh heh heh :D:o:o:o:P:D

Peace!

I need a favor from those of you in the Sacto area.

My Garmin Legend may show up in a local pawn shop or flea market. If you see it please call the cops. It was taken from my van just before they torched it. (Giving "hot car" a whole new dimention.)

Thanks ever so much.

There I did It! It has been Brought! I placed the CVC Tag back in Stanislaus county and still is north of most parts of stockton (tuleburg, the historic name). I will be working on my fiendish multi tomorrow if the Bug cooperates. This one will take some serious work. BWWAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHA!

Peace!

Well there it is. My multi is in the que awaiting approval. Spent all day working on it and most of the evening preparing the cache page. Whew, boy am I tired! I made it subscription only. If it doesn't see much action I will probably change it. This I feel is my best cache so far. I hope everybody likes it. Keep an eye out for it, I named it "How many Markers does one town need??"

Goodnight! and of course...

Peace!

My Garmin Legend may show up in a local pawn shop or flea market. If you see it please call the cops. It was taken from my van just before they torched it. (Giving "hot car" a whole new dimention.)

Thanks ever so much.

Whoa. Way bad news. How do you think this happened. I know you weren't off Geocaching or you would have only lost your GeoMobile. Better add something more descriptive than ''Garmin Legend'' as there are many of them around. Sad to hear of your losses.

---------

Looks like WLG is taking the competition towards the gold. [i wonder what my obligations are for Saturday? Play day or work day??]

My Garmin Legend may show up in a local pawn shop or flea market.  If you see it please call the cops.  It was taken from my van just before they torched it. (Giving "hot car" a whole new dimention.)

Thanks ever so much.

Wow, I'll bet there's a story worthy of posting to The Hunt/The Unusual section. I hope you are okay. It was probably some disgruntled cacher that had the bogus coordinates to DeLorme Challenge sitting on their front porch...

--Marky

Actually I was on a caching/work trip. I am a vendor at small Renn. Faires. I had just done a lovely new show in jackson (promotor is a cacher in the Sacto area.) One member of the Petaluma Navy was with me and we had a whole bunch of your Sacto caches planned for our day off.

All of my wares (ie my entire business) and all of my caching supplies, and my DELORMA MAP were in the van. The van was found torched, but the garmin, and the map were missing. I am really stressing about how to verify the finders for the Delorme Chalenge.

This isn't the best place to post the idtifying stuff about the GPS, but if it is found it can be identified. And I have never seen a GPS at a flea market.

So look for bad guys ;) , dressed in well laced up bodices :ph34r: , that know right where they are :smile: .

And my thanks to those of you that have offered your kind encouragement to me. I hope to get out there on the 14th.

Well there it is. My multi is in the que awaiting approval. Spent all day working on it and most of the evening preparing the cache page.

It's he-re!! How many Markers does one town need??

:ph34r:;) Found it at 8:10 this morning. Great job Wildlifeguy! I have been to the Double Springs site before, but had never seen this cemetery. I would never have found the entrance w/o the coordinates. BTW, does the cemetery have a name? I found this to be a wonderfully peaceful spot. Not a bad place for a final rest. After finding the cache I spent over 30 minutes wandering around reading headstones in the company of a friendly rabbit. :P

On the way home I stopped at the "Valley Springs" cache. Saw that Outrageous Fortunes was there a few days ago but has not yet logged their find. :smile:

Thanks for the fun morning Wildlifeguy!

Congradulations Ted and Rosa! I was glad to read this morning that you were the first to Find on my new cache, since I was FTF on a few of your caches.

A little more about that cache. I drive by these markers daily, had talked with many of the locals and was never told about the cemetery. It seems that not many people know about it. I had been driving by these markers for so long and knew that there was a few of them and wanted to work that into a cache, but could never get a really good finale. To make a real long story short, we joined the local historical society and while discussing where many of the deceased from the town of Camanche (now under the lake) were moved I discovered that there was a cemetery in Double Springs. We immediately went out and looked for it, and with some adventurous driving found the entrance. I felt I had to include these in the cache description or it would have never been found. Thanks again for taking an interest and going to my cache.

As a side note, I am currently working with the Society to gain access to another public pioneer cemetery that is being blocked off by a private landowner. I will be placing a cache in the area of this cemetery soon but want to leave an option open in case the landowner conceeds and let the public access this public area.

The history in this area is sooooo extensive, it's hard to choose or decide on how to incorporate it into caches.

Thanks again!

Peace!

Rats! I knew I should have left my family for the day after being gone all week. I'm still hoping to be the STF. Congratulations and honors [and bragging rights] to Ted.

Looks like we have a new cacher getting out a little... Avsfans. [i asked them if that's the Oakland Avs]. I also hooked up a friend whom will be known as BlueBoy yesterday while having a (family) day at the lake. BlueBoy found out there was a cache and wanted to go get it. Since he was the one to find the cache, I'd say that helped in the excitement just a little.

Took the famly to Sonora yesterday to the the Sierra Repertory Theatre production of "Grease" They did a terrific job on this musical and I would recommend it to any of you geocachers who enjoy live theater. The show runs until September 5th. Their website is Sierrarep.org and tickets can be ordered over the phone at 209 532-3120. If "Grease" is not your style, they are also doing "Annie Get Your Gun" at the Fallon House theater in Columbia. We've seen that one also and it is likewise well done. And yes, there are a number of geocaches in the area so you can look for them after the show. <_<