Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Did she say public??? Ohhhh! I thought her and her husband were cooking us all breakfast! LOL ;)

I'm starting out in babysteps....although I HAVE been known to do that type of thing. Hmmmm, in fact...I can see a BBQ/Swimming party in my backyard this summer. I have the room if ya'll have the time. Hope to see you there!!! :D

So if I show up at a mysterious public place in Manteca (top 10).... Do I get a breakfast drink too??? :) <NOT coffee based>  :) 

Be one of the first 10 and you're IN! You might want to sleep in a lawn chair out front the night before! :)

Where is this Mystery place everyone speaks of? Or are you gonna post coordinates later?

Stashseeker: I saw your "A LATTE CACHE" page and wondered if the date of the event shouldn't be more prominently displayed. :D In any event, I hope to be there, just need to check with "She Who Must Be Obeyed". :D

Thank you, you are absolutely correct, I appreciate your attention to detail! The added information should surely help :D

Once permission is granted, send me a quick email, k? Thank you again!

Or, you could just take a quick run to the hardware store to pick up a few things for that project she's been wanting you to do. It's not your fault if the store is packed and lines going to the back of the store. [but be careful not to come home with a tell tail - mocha mustash.]

Did I mention my Congradulations to Sanruft, Juddzilla and Camel680 on their FTF on Watermark? Congradulations team! :D

Did I mention my Congradulations to Sanruft, Juddzilla and Camel680 on their FTF on Watermark? Congradulations team! :D

Thanks for the great hide Bill! We REALLY enjoyed this one! (So much so that I have invited the person who got me started in this evil sport to come here and do it)

My wife is now a geo-widow. She is trying to cash in on my life insurance.

Hello all! I went to the cache page and saw that is said ADULT cachers. Is this an adult only type of place? Will I be able to bring my little bug along, shes only 13 months? I still would like to go, if children aren't allowed I'm sure the wife won't mind waiting out in the car while I enjoy the get together! HA ha ha! We are checking our calendar and will try to be there if all is ok.

Peace!

Oh no, please do bring bug and wifers too, only the adults qualify for the 10 items....

It appears that mt schedule may indeed allow me to attend...I will be there on the 21st! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

You KNOW you're hooked when you schedule flights around geo-events!! :ph34r:

You KNOW you're hooked when you schedule flights around geo-events!!  :rolleyes:

Thats GREAT news! :D We may have to look into one of those 10 step programs for some of us! :lol:

I think you mean a 12 step program. Then again, maybe geocachers could skip a few steps. :D

Hello my name is Camel and I'm a Cache-A-Holic

:D:D:D:D:P

You KNOW you're hooked when you schedule flights around geo-events!!  :P

Thats GREAT news! :D We may have to look into one of those 10 step programs for some of us! :P

I think you mean a 12 step program. Then again, maybe geocachers could skip a few steps. :P

:D;):D:D:D

I think I may need a 15 step program!

Peace!

Thats GREAT news! :D We may have to look into one of those 10 step programs for some of us! :P

I think you mean a 12 step program. Then again, maybe geocachers could skip a few steps. :P

Peace!

WildLifeGuy used to have the new record on multi-quotes... but I just took over. :D

Peace!

WildLifeGuy used to have the new record on multi-quotes... but I just took over. :D

I figured I better "chime-in" since I was the one that started this multi-quote!!

I'm beyond the 15 steps...I don't think there is help for me!! (I accidentally dropped my GPS and was going to fly my "Geo-flag" at half mast) B)

You KNOW you're hooked when you schedule flights around geo-events!!  :rolleyes:

Thats GREAT news! :P We may have to look into one of those 10 step programs for some of us! :rolleyes:

I think you mean a 12 step program. Then again, maybe geocachers could skip a few steps. ;)

:P:P:D:D:D

Peace!

I figured I better "chime-in" since I was the one that started this multi-quote!!

I'm beyond the 15 steps...I don't think there is help for me!! (I accidentally dropped my GPS and was going to fly my "Geo-flag" at half mast) :D

I'm beyond the 15 steps...I don't think there is help for me!! (I accidentally dropped my GPS and was going to fly my "Geo-flag" at half mast) :D

OK. You win. I've never dropped my GPSr. Maybe because I can't imagin living without it. B)

Hey all

Who has the Tag cache now?? I remember getting a notification over a week ago that it has been found but I don't remember getting anything else saying it was replaced. I am too lazy to go to the page and look (which would have taken less time than typing this!).

Jaimee

Hey all

Who has the Tag cache now?? I remember getting a notification over a week ago that it has been found but I don't remember getting anything else saying it was replaced. I am too lazy to go to the page and look (which would have taken less time than typing this!).

Jaimee

Yep, it's me...I will place it very soon. I meant to do it before the weekend (last weekend to be exact) but never found the time or right place. I will be placing it very soon though. Sorry for the delay!

Yep, it's me...I will place it very soon. I meant to do it before the weekend (last weekend to be exact) but never found the time or right place. I will be placing it very soon though. Sorry for the delay!

I hate when other things interfer with what's really important... which of course is Geocaching. Hi, my name is Green Achers and it's been - yesterday since I've cached. I needed intervention.

A Travel Bug that I've had for too long needs to go to a cache that has ''School'' in the title. I know where one is but other things (like work) keep interfering. Do you think my priorities are wrong? (Work on a caching day).

Speaking of work. One of my home work projects includes flash cards. One card with ''Define Work'' on the front and ''Work = Force x Distance'' on the back was sitting at my desk unattended for a few minutes. When I returned, the front had been modified by a co-worker to read "Define Work: The Crabgrass of Life!'' I think the author should be a Geocacher (if they're not already).

Edited by Green Achers
Some of you have done this..... before.... I was wondering if you knew how to make the background different such as Bill did on Watermark.

Or is that some special secret? :lol:

:D:D

Good question. In your browser, there's a pull down that will allow you to View Source of any web site you desire. This can be a handy tool for learning trick codes. Then you just weed through the fluff and look at the point of interest. Example is Dew A Water Dance [Watermark doesn't have a fancy background - yet]...

<span id="ShortDescription"><body background="http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/46085_3500.gif"><font'>http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/46085_3500.gif"><font color="blue">

This cache is located at the new Ripon Sports Complex. It's a micro that's reasonably close to a water fountain that you can play in.</font color></span></P>

Remember, you must use ALL HTML code when you submit of edit your cache. [This is easy and I can help you the first time.]

Upload the desired background to your Geocaching account. Then add the code with the url reference into the cache description. (eg, <body background="http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/46085_3500.gif">)

Did I lose you? :D Don't give up. It makes a nice cache page to visit.

Our racer from last year never made it out of NY State. Still there. :lol: Wonder if they can enter Rodzilla and just give him a head start based on his current NY location?

Camelot Crew

If you can get your racer redirrected to the correct address on time, I'm sure they'd accept it into the next race. However, best wishes in getting that done. My racer is still stuck in the plains. There's still time to order more Tags and if you order extra tags, you can use some as FTF prizes. :D

That's true GS. And that example is a good example of a bad example. However, used correctly, a good background could even give more information towards hunting a cache. :unsure: And the fact that you (like myself) use some other method to read cache pages is tuff luck. In fact, I think Ron did more than one cache that couldn't be hunted unless you read his cache page. Since Ron always does a good job on his pages, it's a pleasure to view them anyway.

Speaking of Ron, I hunted one of his caches yesterday.Green Breifcase acouple days ago. When logging my find, I was able to read this message which was way too late to do me any good...

warning.jpg

PDA programs are great but you do miss some vital information from time to time. Lucky for me, I grew up in the area and knew the hazards.

With all that said, this cache is one of the most wonderful locations and I highly recommend others going up to it on a clear day. The view is breath taking and the drive is exhillerating. Thanks Ron! B)B):)

I just got notified that the new California Geocaching Coins are in the mail. Just in time for the small gathering too. I also see a couple other CVC locals will be getting their order as well. Since this was a one time/advance paid only, it looks like the only way to get one of these beauties will be to find one while caching.

131653_2100.jpg

it looks like the only way to get one of these beauties will be to find one while caching.

Those are nice.... Wish I had gotten into the forums early enough to get some those bad boys!!!! Heck I would like to have one just to keep let alone to use as a hitchhiker. :D

Edited by Camel680
So you'll be hunting caches after me? Good! Maybe I'll be able to get a FTF again.  :D  All you new cachers are killing my already sorry ratio of FTF's.  <_<  Keep it up.

Oops.... I wish I had read that earlier? I jsut picked up a FTF today.... though it had been there since Sat night or Sunday morning so you snoozed! HAHAHAHA <_<

Edited by Camel680