Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I know the forum isn't very active anymore, but I had to post that I found 3 caches in Thailand this week. Woohoo! :sad:

That's cool Ted. I lived in Thailand for 3 years long before there was geocaching, but I have since gone back and found 1 in Pattaya and one at Ang Koh National Park near Koh Samui. Oddly enough in all the time I spent in Thailand I never made it to Chang Mai.

HI CVC…

I wanted to see if anyone was interested in some NEW never been activated California Geo Coins. I was cleaning out an old box today and found about 20 of these guys. They were bought new in 2004. I have them up for sale on ebay here is the link: http://stores.ebay.com/G-B-Sticker-Store?_rdc=1

Please note this link is to my ebay store and I will have them posted on here in the next hour or so.

HI CVC…

I wanted to see if anyone was interested in some NEW never been activated California Geo Coins. I was cleaning out an old box today and found about 20 of these guys. They were bought new in 2004. I have them up for sale on ebay here is the link: http://stores.ebay.com/G-B-Sticker-Store?_rdc=1

Please note this link is to my ebay store and I will have them posted on here in the next hour or so.

You can always drop them into your new hides. FTF Prizes.

Anybody know what the closest active group meets. i live in Lake Isabella, CA Kern County. Bakersfield use to have one but they are no longer active? Amazing since there are so many caches there.

I just joined geochacing and live in Wofford Heights, would be wonderful to find others that do this or get together with others to create an event maybe in fall when the weather is cooler!

Kelly Lehman

Friday, Feb 14, 2014....

Well, here's a howdy-do !

I came back here to say hello and looks like after the 12 years or so I have been inactive the comments here have just about hit bottom.

I see there is a facebook presence, so I will check that out too.

I came right to the last page and I do see a couple of names I recognize, but Bill of Green Achers is the only one I really had some contact with off and on the last year or so.

I'm going to drop out right now and will come back later...especially if someone reads this post !

Hey Ron! Welcome back. Oddly enough, I was going to come here just to see if it was still in use and then I was notified of the message left by you. Although we have not met, I have fond memories of my beginning days in Geocaching and how much I liked your hides. Welcome back and I hope to meet you one day.

For the old-timers who still like this format for talking about caching in the central valley, I thought I would let you know I have recently placed 10 caches in the Pardee/Camache area. These all involve hiking on ebmud property and require either a daily or yearly pass. The yearly pass is $10 and you can even get a 3 year pass for $20. If you hike ebmud here or in the bay area its well worth it. Only negative is they don't allow dogs.

The minimum hike to one of these is about 1 mile with a couple of more on the same trail adding another mile or so. On the other hand you can get involved in a 7 mile round trip depending on how you go about it.

So far (as of 4/29/2014) two people have found the one group of five caches and one person has found 2 of the first 3 of the other five caches.

Any hikers out there ?