Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Congratulations on your new freedom, Duelly. Actually, the goat ballet (quote from a Team GUI log) normally gets danced in the peach orchard. Yesterdays ''New Bonneville Review'' was brought to us by bad judgement. We knew we were opening the electric fence and then everyone just got side tracked. Next thing I know they were playing king of the hill with a touch of slam dancing.

Also, our break from our freedom also tallied the loss of several ducks, all but one of the ducklings and (lucky for me) the loss of the new rooster (his days were numbered anyway). In all, it was about a thousand bucks less lost than last years vacation. I'd call that a success.

So anyway, is anyone having problems with that Brute-Force cache (Tag Dash) in Ripon? I was thinking about just hunting the general area without the correct coordinates just to see what happens. Otherwise, I kind of know where I'll need to go to get those coordinates and I just don't have the time - yet.

Bill of Green Achers

''The only free lunches are paid for by those who plan to pick your pocket.'' - David Pascoe

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Otherwise, I kind of know where I'll need to go to get those coordinates and I just don't have the time - yet.

_Bill of Green Achers_

''The only free lunches are paid for by those who plan to pick your pocket.'' - David Pascoe

I know of a few places that you don't have to go to for the coordinates. icon_biggrin.gif

That info will cost you though. icon_razz.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

Go for it Bill. I think you'll be wasting lots of time that could be better spent actually finding a cache. I doubt anyone could find this cache out in that area without coords. I'm down here doing some caching in the Mojave area. HOT!!! Really do need a 4x4 to get to the majority of these. Luckily, I got to borrow one for the day.

How in the world did the cachepolice miss archiving this one??? Archive it!! Cache has been pulled at property owners request. I suppose to keep folks from stomping around the area. But, to then just leave the page up so that folks who don't know it's pulled (like me) and then let me go stomping around the area anyways is just dumb. Maybe I need to figure out how to read pages on the PDA while flying down the highway at 65. (no, I never speed) icon_wink.gif.Miles out of my way for nothing here... icon_mad.gif

I noticed a fallen cache up the road... Perhaps... Vegas tomorrow for sure. icon_biggrin.gif

CQ CQ CQ DX......

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

Go for it Bill. I think you'll be wasting lots of time that could be better spent actually finding a cache. I doubt anyone could find this cache out in that area without coords.

OK, I really thought I knew where it would be but nothing doing. Darn it. Now I'll need to earn it.

At least I won't be at the edge of HeI_I_ during this heat spell. I was watching the tempeture as we traveled back from Dizzy-Land. It ranged up to 107*F. And as we went through a rain storm (Saturday - two days ago) the tempeture quickly dropped down to 104. Now that wasn't even the desert!

Hey Brute, While your down there, rent a 4x4 and hunt Schugobble by Dr. Webe and The Ski Bum! Even if you don't get to hunt this one, I thought it very clever for the puzzle.

Bill of Green Achers

A cold front is here! Overcast in Stockton right now and the promise of a cool day ahead.

I would guess that hot weather here in the valley has kept cachers at home a bit. It's suppose to be in the low to mid 90's for the next 5 days or so...maybe down to high 80's. Get out the parka!

I have had three requests for some help on Gung Ho Fat Choy. One person took the help and made the return trip and found it. The other two haven't gotten back there yet.

For those who have an interest in this one, it's near a pretty busy road, but there are ways you can disguise your interest in the last twenty feet or so. Aren't you interested in having such a thing on your property? There is a phone number you can call, and of course you have to inspect things carefully. This should give you a cover story. One person looked for about an hour and couldn't find this one, but it's right there...ready for you to see it.

Some of the newer cachers in the immediate Stockton area seem to have already bailed out of the game, but they might come back.

Lurkers....drop a note in here now and again! Our thread is one of the largest (page wise) on the site but we have DEFINITELY slowed down from about page 60 up to 72....and some of that NOT due to hot weather. The breakfast event might get us all going again.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

I have had three requests for some help on Gung Ho Fat Choy. One person took the help and made the return trip and found it. The other two haven't gotten back there yet.

For those who have an interest in this one, it's near a pretty busy road, but there are ways you can disguise your interest in the last twenty feet or so. Aren't you interested in having such a thing on your property? There is a phone number you can call, and of course you have to inspect things carefully. This should give you a cover story. One person looked for about an hour and couldn't find this one, but it's right there...ready for you to see it.

Lurkers....drop a note in here now and again! Our thread is one of the largest (page wise) on the site but we have DEFINITELY slowed down from about page 60 up to 72....and some of that NOT due to hot weather. The breakfast event might get us all going again.

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

Why would anyone need help with Gung Ho Fat Choy I wouldn't know. LOL. Yes, I needed a little kick start there. But Ron's right. It's there!

All Lurkers welcome to step up to the mic. It often opens up great conversations and is a interesting way to learn more about the CVC Geocaches - and the Cachers for that matter.

As far as the CVC Break-Fest gathering... we're going to have a great time. It looks like we'll have enough room, which we have all to ourselves. Half of the seats are committed to cachers that have emailed me.

We're gathering prizes and it goes without saying... we're plotting and scheming. Everyone plan to come and have a great day!

Bill of Green Achers

Welcome Tradboy to CVC! We'd love to see you at the gathering. Please send me an mail if you'd like to reserve your spot(s).

San Diego? Arizona?? Central California??? You must live in an R.V. icon_biggrin.gif Just kiding. Welcome!!

Bill of Green Achers

quote:

Why would anyone need help with Gung Ho Fat Choy I wouldn't know. LOL. Yes, I needed a little kick start there. But Ron's right. It's there!

All Lurkers welcome to step up to the mic. It often opens up great conversations and is a interesting way to learn more about the CVC Geocaches - and the Cachers for that matter.

As far as the http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=79615 gathering... we're going to have a great time. It looks like we'll have enough room, which we have all to ourselves. Half of the seats are committed to cachers that have emailed me.

We're gathering prizes and it goes without saying... we're plotting and scheming. Everyone plan to come and have a great day!

_Bill of Green Achers_

I was one of those who asked for a little clue on Gung Ho Fat Choy after two previous visits, and finally found the cache today. That one is just beautiful. I'm starting to learn a little more about how Ron's mind works, and frankly, it's a bit frightening ;-)

I and the rest of the macfamily6 crew are currently at 45 finds. My goal is to have us at 75 finds by the time the CVC Break-Fest comes 'round, and to get the 40 closest ones to our house. That second part might be hard to achieve, because there are some tough ones (like The Down Under) among those.

Anyway, it should be a festive time at the Break-Fest. See you all there!

[This message was edited by macfamily6 on August 01, 2003 at 12:09 AM.]

Don't be afraid. Come see and enjoy. You'll learn about the Vikings (not that loser football team either) and munch out on peaches. If you're lucky, you'll get to play some Viking games. [sorry, No raping or pillaging allowed.] icon_biggrin.gif

46085_2400.jpg

Bill of Green Achers

[This message was edited by Green Achers on August 02, 2003 at 11:02 AM.]

I had a great day talking to cachers even though I didn't get any finds. Thanks to Wornout (Warren and Debbie), Team GUI (Valerie and John), JaimeeG and Fatthur (Pat). We had a lot of laughs together and I'm looking forward to hearing Wornout's story about Get The Point at the CVC Break-Fest gathering.

Bill of Green Achers

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

There's always a way to solve a puzzle. I was told about how someone figured out the coordinates on my Locked in a Cubical cache and they didn't even begin to solve the puzzle.

I think someone once said, there's more than one way to skin a cat... so how would one go about skinning Brute-Forces cache? There's always the straight forward way of hunting all of his caches until you stumble upon the correct tag. But that's just too simple. Besides, who has that kind of free time?

Personally, I like the idea of someone (like me) collecting all the data that everyone has on where it's not. Just report the DNF to me and I'll make sure you don't go there again. [i'll also be able over time to go to the correct cache, find the tag and resolve the whole problem - just for you. Nice guy! Huh?]

Bill of Green Achers

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

quote:

Personally, I like the idea of someone (like me) collecting all the data that everyone has on where it's not.

Here's something to ponder. What if someone already found the Tag Dash cache but is remaining silent to allow others the same wild goose chase that the certain someone undertook??? Hmmmmmmmm.......... icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

"What a fine thing it is to have an intellect, and room enough in the seat of your breeches to hold it."

4 caches remaining? I feel a mental health day coming on! icon_biggrin.gif JaimeeG's bluffing and Ron's not talking. Maybe I'll need a second day to recover from the trauma. icon_eek.gif

Congratulations to Mike and Caroline (of macfamily6) on celebrating their anniversary. Additionally, to Mike on his new career position.

Bill of Green Achers

Welcome back Fallen. Where have you been?

Not much new other than me running everyone off this thread. I think I'll start caching more and chatting less. [if that's possible.] icon_wink.gif

Bill of Green Achers

I talked to Fizzy today. He wanted to attend but has family obligations. He'll be missing a great turn out and all the fun.

We're 90% full with RSVP's to the CVC Break-Fest gathering. We have games, prizes and great converstation. Some people will figure out that new cache too.

Looks like the Travel Bugs are filling up as well. So everyone plan to came have fun.

Bill of Green Achers

Bill of Green Achers

quote:

Welcome back Fallen. Where have you been?

Not much new other than me running everyone off this thread. I think I'll start caching more and chatting less. [if that's possible.] icon_wink.gif

_Bill of Green Achers_

I have been here, just not here. I feel like I haven't cached that much this summer, but I have this problem with caching when it is over 100 outside. Actually I have this problem doing anything when it is over 100 outside. At least it is only supposed to be in the 90's this week.

70546_1300.gif

Only those who wonder get confused.

I checked Dan Miller's statistics page yesterday and it wouldn't *come up*. Today I did a search for Dan Miller on the forums and found a thread which included this recent entry.

Stat page web host is dead. I sent an e-mail out and here is the response:

Unfortunately, the site has been shut down and the company has gone out of

business. All of our operations will cease completely on 8/15/2003.

Thanks for the interest,

Mike Haboustak

InsideCorner.com, LLC

InsideCorner is where Dan had his stats info stored.

If, for some reason, Dan doesn't get the data up and running somewhere else, maybe it's time for those computer geeks who have given us some other great programs to consider a *mining operation* on Jeremy's database to provide a new view of the statistics.

After all, how will we know which of the bay area cachers hits 2,000 first!? icon_wink.gif

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

After all, how will we know which of the bay area cachers hits 2,000 first!? icon_wink.gif

Loss of a great web site. R.I.P. So sad. I wonder if Dan just gave up on funding our fun!?!

Oh, don't worry Ron, I'll let you know when I'm there. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Well, I did something unusual today...I cached!! icon_biggrin.gif Ron and I ventured out of the dead ol' valley (I had been wondering what that smell was) and headed up to Sacramento. It worked out that I captured find #400 while there. It's always fun to cache up there just to see the difference in placement styles.

Off to finish up the quiz for tomorrow's event. It would have been a lot more fun if more people were coming!!! icon_eek.gif (that's a joke for those who are humor challenged!)

See ya tomorrow.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

"What a fine thing it is to have an intellect, and room enough in the seat of your breeches to hold it."

FYI. As of last night, we still had a few more seats available before spilling into the overflow section. For anyone interested (that hasn't logged onto the gathering's site or sent me an email, feel free to show up and we'll see if we can get you in. At least you'll be able to walk around to say hi and log your attendance find!

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Bill of Green Achers

A snippet:

Originally posted by Fallen:

So how (or where) is everyone?

QUOTE]

Well, you and about 50 other cachers (from the valley and the bay area) were at Perkos today for the breakfast meeting. The *valley of the dead* wasn't dead today!

Ron

The Break-Fest was a big hit and fun time! Thanks to all who attended.

On a side note, if you did attend, please see my post from today on the event page...thanks!

Jaieme

quote:
Originally posted by JaimeeG:

The Break-Fest was a big hit and fun time! Thanks to all who attended.

On a side note, if you did attend, please see my post from today on the event page...thanks!

Jaieme

I had a great time. There are still cachers out there. Maybe its just time I get out and cache for a bit.

Oh and by the way... JaimeeG, you spelled your name wrong.

70546_1300.gif

Only those who wonder get confused.

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen:

Oh and by the way... JaimeeG, you spelled your name wrong.

That's nothing... but I'm not talking! LOL.

That was a great gathering and everything worked out so well. I think I may be interested in doing it again [next year perhaps]!

Thanks to everyone for attending and enjoying yourselves as I did. It's always fun to hear cacher stories and tell a few. We did miss Wornouts story at Get The Point which is good.

A.P.B. Be on the look out for one of the disposable cameras. It's fine that someone has it but they'll need to develope it after it's full and get digital copies for us (CVC).

Hey, no one's picked up CVC Tag which I moved to the event area last night.

Bill of Green Achers

Nobody got the CVC Tag cache, but two somebodies found the coordinates to Brute's Tag Dash this evening.

We arrived at the final coordinates area as it was getting dark. Because we had no flashlight and really didn't want to tromp around in the dark, we decided to wait until tomorrow to go back out.

Jmieae

At least it's correct on her car plates. I had to laugh when Jaimee said some nut pulled up beside her on the freeway and started honking at her on the way to the Break-Fest. It was more cachers that saw her plates [which are spelled correctly]. What are the chances as she was arriving an hour early!

I'm feeling light rated and having some trouble seeing [going to work]... I think I'll go caching tomorrow.

Bill of Green Achers

Hey Fallen... You've got mail. Did you ever start getting your HotPOP.com mail again? It looks like they've got my account fixed.

New Sub:

I went out on a dash today [dash> 2 finds per day]. I needed help on almost half of the caches - one ending as a DNF so maybe it's lost. I'm wondering if I'll ever be compentent at caching. With over 200 caches, I still keep stumbling on simple hides. Do you think it was the heat today?

Bill of Green Achers

Master of Disguise II is really fun. I was glad we were able to find the right tag finally!

It was Monday though when the coordinates were posted (I think it was Monday) so maybe folks will hit it this weekend.

Jaimee

Sounds logical to me.

I picked up For a Limited Time Only! as it was out of service and rather close to home. I made the required improvements to keep it as intended but more road worthy. I think Red will be impressed but I can't get any pulse on him these days. [3-2-1-CLEAR!] Hey Red!!

I was returning it tonight when a few of the city workers rushed over and started servailance on us. I desided to get out of there and return in the morning. [Different shift]

Bill of Green Achers

Well, gang, I really _wanted_ to give Bill and JaimeeG first crack at finding vdbalamo's new cache, Manteca Bike Trail, since it was placed as a thank-you to our intrepid CVC Break-Fest organizers.

After a couple of days passed, though, I started getting fidgety, so I went out with my older two sons tonight gunning for that puppy. It was dark, and we had just one mini-Maglite to aid us.

We searched and searched, and a yippety-yip dog in a nearby yard just would _not_ shut up. Just before we were about to give up, we spotted the cache. vdbalamo did a great camouflage job!

Sorry, Bill and JaimeeG. I guess patience just isn't one of my virtues!

Mike of macfamily6