Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Thanks to everyone. I'll post his mug shot again soon. I'm sure glad to see so many old CVC faces on the forum.

Mr. & Mrs.Toad... I have a little something for you. It's in Tracy and should be posted soon. Remember that little hike you took me on? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.giffrog.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese" Author unknown.

46085_2300%20Dog

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Thanks to everyone. I'll post his mug shot again soon. I'm sure glad to see so many old CVC faces on the forum.

Mr. & Mrs.Toad... I have a little something for you. It's in Tracy and should be posted soon. Remember that little hike you took me on? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.giffrog.gif

_Bill of Green Achers_

"The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese" Author unknown.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/46085_2300%20Dog

It's summer again Bill!!! I sure others will return as well. For me, I can't wait to get back out there and cache! My final final is today then there will be nothing stopping me.

70546_1300.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

Summer...ugh. Why can't it just stay about 75 degrees year-round? That would make for much more pleasant caching.

Last summer, we did have LOTS of fun doing night raids with the Morris' though! Maybe we wil have to do some more of those now that the days are warming up.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Jaimee

"What a fine thing it is to have an intellect, and room enough in the seat of your breeches to hold it."

quote:

Mr. & Mrs.Toad... I have a little something for you. It's in Tracy and should be posted soon. Remember that little hike you took me on?

frog.gif

If it's not up before Tuesday it'll just have to wait longer. We're headed to the happiest place on earth and won't be nearby again until June. icon_cool.gif

Hey... weren't supposed to go there a while back? icon_confused.gif

frog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.gif

Enthusiasm may vary.

quote:
Originally posted by MrToad608:

If it's not up before Tuesday it'll just have to wait longer. We're headed to the _happiest place on earth_ and won't be nearby again until June. icon_cool.gif

Hey... weren't supposed to go there a while back? icon_confused.gif

frog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.gif

Enthusiasm may vary.

The happiest place on earth... is not in the geo-archives where you learn you're revenge cache master piece has been tossed due to another cacher getting approved 4 days prior and 100 feet away. Think of this as a stay of excusses. But I'll be back. icon_biggrin.gif BTW. Yes, we had our happy vacation taken from us by my wifes evil employer (former employer now!) as we were packed and getting ready to leave.icon_mad.gif We'll be going before summer's over.

George, the HPoE is Fry's Electronics. Any Ham/Electronics Geek knows that... At least I do.

Fallen, Love that new photo. Is that you during the test? If so, I'd guess you'll be doing a lot on night caching as it looks like you're a glowing in the dark kind of guy. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

46085_2300%20Dog

Heads up for our friends in the Central Valley...

The Central Coast Geocachers of California are having a picnic event on Saturday, June 21st, in Monterey, 4 pm to sunset. Details and RSVP info in the link below.

This is casual, come when you can, but we've got a few mini-events in the works: a kids' mini-cache hunt, a guided hike for newbies to some close-by caches, a mini-Trash-out affair, a Tall Tales of Caching Contest, etc.

I now you folks have an event in Fresno that day, but everybody's welcome if you happen to be in our neck of the woods. icon_biggrin.gif

Info/RSVP:

Summer Solstice Central Coast Caching Picnic

== Alt Dot Air ==

quote:
Originally posted by JaimeeG:

Summer...ugh. Why can't it just stay about 75 degrees year-round? That would make for much more pleasant caching.

Last summer, we did have LOTS of fun doing night raids with the Morris' though! Maybe we wil have to do some more of those now that the days are warming up.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Jaimee

"What a fine thing it is to have an intellect, and room enough in the seat of your breeches to hold it."

If you guys every feel like a day of caching let me know... or something. I do believe I am free now! And my final final was easy... at least I think it was easy.

70546_1300.gif

quote:

Fallen, Love that new photo. Is that you during the test? If so, I'd guess you'll be doing a lot on night caching as it looks like you're a glowing in the dark kind of guy. icon_biggrin.gif

_Bill of Green Achers_

Thanks! Night caching is cool. Just don't drop your flashlight in Dry Creek! And if you do... see if you can get mine while you are down there.

70546_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by AltDotAir:

The Central Coast Geocachers of California are having a picnic event on Saturday, June 21st, in Monterey, 4 pm to sunset.

Picnic

Thanks for the notice. We love picnic's, Monterey and Geocaching so all the combinations are there but the free time... I'm working like a dog. But who knows. Maybe I'll just run away and show up. icon_biggrin.gif

Fallan, if I ever get my life back in order, I'm giving you a call. Maybe even a night run... or a mass-cache-dash! icon_eek.gif I understand it's possible to collect 74 caches in way less then 24 hours. So I'm thinking about a plan that will push the bar up. We'll talk off line 'cause I'd guess you're into it. icon_cool.gif If we only had a nice looking Volvo now with great lighting and a good Heater, A/C, Heater. [big dreamer. Huh?]

Bill of Green Achers

46085_2300%20Dog

quote:

Fallan, if I ever get my life back in order, I'm giving you a call. Maybe even a night run... or a mass-cache-dash! icon_eek.gif I understand it's possible to collect 74 caches in way less then 24 hours. So I'm thinking about a plan that will push the bar up. We'll talk off line 'cause I'd guess you're into it. icon_cool.gif If we only had a nice looking Volvo now with great lighting and a good Heater, A/C, Heater. [big dreamer. Huh?]

_Bill of Green Achers_

Sounds like a plan to me. The flashlight is charged and ready to go!

70546_1300.gif

Way to go Brute! And speaking of ''way to go,'' may I suggest N37*47.649 W120*59.555 would be a wonderful rest stop on your way home. icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, I'm glad you made it out to the mine. I'll be stopping in to check up on things there soon as well.

We have several mines around the CVC area but I'm not sure I want to dirrect a bunch of cachers to them. Maybe I'll try one and see how things work out. icon_rolleyes.gif

I added a new challenge near Pheromone. It won't be a factor for those hunting it but now you really don't want to bring your dog off leash. I installed an electric fence to make my neighbor good. You know what they say, ''Good fences make good neighbors.'' It's not enough power to push a train but it will sure light it up well.

Bill of Green Achers

''There's three kinds of people in the world... Those that can count - And those that can't.''

Feedback Please

Am thinking of trying out something that may be new. At least, I haven't seen it done. Am thinking of placing a cache out Ripon way. The posted coords will only be in the general area. I will put the real coords on a special dog tag. This tag will then be hidden in one of my existing caches. The tag will be a FTF prize, and there will also be a FTF prize in the cache itself. I won't place tag in a cache for a week or two so that people will see the cache page and then add it to their watch list. The day I hide the tag, I will post a note on cache page saying "GO!" Watch listing my other caches would help narrow down the hiding spots as people make logs that it was searched for the tag. I would think that anyone who has already logged a find on one of my caches would be able to do so again if they noted the tag hunt. No logs would be allowed after someone has found the tag and posted up the FTF on the new cache. Also, another reason to become a premium member. This will be members only. After the cache has been found, I will then change the cache page and open it up to be sought after by everyone.

Sound do-able?

Now, where to hide the Tag? Bay area? Middle of nowhere? Perhaps, just down the street from me. hehehe

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

Ripon area Welcomes Innovation.

I'm not sure I follow this idea, but I say try it! Just don't make it another CVC Tag!!! Everyone was having fun with it and then got too busy... sometimes even caching within inches of it! icon_eek.gif You know what I'm saying Brute? icon_biggrin.gif

New thought -

I need a Whambulance. I was all set to have a caching day. Got everything lined up and in order. More than earned the time off. Everything taken care of for a play day.

Then, as I was about to leave, I found out that one of the kids had chores to do.icon_mad.gif So fine! Hurry up and do your chores and I'll wait a couple hours.

After that was over and it's time to go again. I learn that the other kid has chores to do too. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif My caching day turned out to be a total work day! Whaaaa. Whaaaa! Whaaambulance!! icon_frown.gif

Bill of Green Achers

''There's three kinds of people in the world... Those that can count - And those that can't.''

quote:
Originally posted by Duelly:

George; N 37*36.132

W 120*55.942

Stop in and say hi. I found out that we have a friend that knoes us both. Talk to ya' later.

That's too funny. If I did the Decimal-minute to DMS conversion right (.132 * 60, .942 *60), then it looks like you're 2-3 blocks (as the crow flies) from a friend on mine on Suffolk Dr. He also has an open WiFi and Charter cable.

My own person open WiFi is close to my J.M. Pike cache (I can hit my WiFi from that park, anyway).

freenet.artoo.net

Jason Roysdon

jason.roysdon.net

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

_Feedback Please_

Am thinking of trying out something that may be new. At least, I haven't seen it done. Am thinking of placing a cache out Ripon way. The posted coords will only be in the general area. I will put the real coords on a special dog tag. This tag will then be hidden in one of my existing caches. The tag will be a FTF prize, and there will also be a FTF prize in the cache itself. I won't place tag in a cache for a week or two so that people will see the cache page and then add it to their watch list. The day I hide the tag, I will post a note on cache page saying "GO!" Watch listing my other caches would help narrow down the hiding spots as people make logs that it was searched for the tag. I would think that anyone who has already logged a find on one of my caches would be able to do so again if they noted the tag hunt. No logs would be allowed after someone has found the tag and posted up the FTF on the new cache. Also, another reason to become a premium member. This will be members only. After the cache has been found, I will then change the cache page and open it up to be sought after by everyone.

Sound do-able?

Now, where to hide the Tag? Bay area? Middle of nowhere? Perhaps, just down the street from me. hehehe

Sounds good to me. Which also reminds me that I have to go up to "Going Up" to get George's key for his key cache since nobody seems to want to go for it! Losers! (I didn't mean that... I think).

Anyway... Sounds good to me!

70546_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ZachNLiam:

I just archived Warrio #1. I'm amazed it was there that long for such a big cache. Thanks to elmo for taking it and letting me know it was destroyed!

We've been crazy busy recently, but we should begin caching again soon!

Hi to everyone!

Randy

http://www.garmin.com/graphics/guy.gif

http://www.jamzcheer.com/cvcth.jpg

How sad! What happened to it?

70546_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen:

quote:
Originally posted by ZachNLiam:

I just archived Warrio #1. I'm amazed it was there that long for such a big cache. Thanks to elmo for taking it and letting me know it was destroyed!

We've been crazy busy recently, but we should begin caching again soon!

Hi to everyone!

Randy

http://www.garmin.com/graphics/guy.gif

http://www.jamzcheer.com/cvcth.jpg

How sad! What happened to it?

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/70546_1300.gif

Construction site took it out. Uhm, technically if that gate hadn't been more open, we couldn't have gotten to it.

Jason Roysdon

jason.roysdon.net

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

_Feedback Please_

Sound do-able?

Sounds good to me. Which also reminds me that I have to go up to "Going Up" to get George's key for his key cache since nobody seems to want to go for it! Losers! (I didn't mean that... I think).

Brute-Force: Sounds like a fun one (although we're too far away to play).

Fallen: Leave the key there, we'll go get it the next time we're in town. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
ZachNLiam

Secret geocacher crawl

Expert geocacher shows how to execute the secret geocache crawl. We suggest this method when possible as opposed to the 'commando-razorwire-climb' as used by George of georgeandmary.

This goes into the Famous Quotes Book! Way - too funny. But I prefer the Secret Geocacher Go Around technic. Which is not to be confused with the Secret Geocacher Go Across the Bridge, Squeeze Through the Small Hole, Crawl Under Neither It, then Climb on the Outer Side and Cross Back Over Again maneuver. icon_biggrin.gif

Good style on that crawl, cacher!

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

Fallen: Leave the key there, we'll go get it the next time we're in town. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

No problem. I do have to check on the cache soon but I will leave it there for ya!

70546_1300.gif

Ok... Here we go. I checked on the following caches today and made these changes (or whatever):

Crawdaddy's Second Home

I was going to pull it but I decided that I like it too much so I left it there. The bad weeds must be gone because there was none the way I went.

The Bullet

Just thought I would check on this one again. Changed the difficulty from a 2 to a 3 because people appear to be having problems with it.

Pilot 'Gel' 2

I thought this one was gone. Went to replace it and found the original. Decided the difficulty should be a 4 instead of a 2.5. So for those of you that couldn't find it before... Its still there to haunt you!

Margarite's Coding Cache

Pulled it! I had a wonderful time crawling through the new jungle composed primarily of stinging nettle so I decided I don't like this one anymore. I will put it somewhere else soon, just you guys wait!

Colony Park

This sucker was gone. I don't know why, so I replaced it. Oh well.

Anyway, thats 5! Only about 25 more to check!

70546_1300.gif

Is anyone thinking about going to the California City Event (aka. It's Not a Race)? It looks like a fun Dad day. And it appears all those raised up 4x4's all the way down to those New Volvo's with A/C are invited. icon_biggrin.gif I'm entertaining the idea of taking Hurl out there.

Bill of Green Achers

Looks like fun. Lots of caches down that way too. Many of them are my brothers. He doesn't live far from there at all. It's where I've been planning to trip down to. But, my car blew up this morning. No tripping anywhere for a while.. icon_mad.gif

Question? Is Test of Genius too hard for cachers? Or are they afraid of the road/area?? Or is it just too far out of the way???

I thought putting a Travel Bug in there would be a good idea as there's so many caches that people are bound to visit. WRONG! I'm thinking about going out on a rescue mission now - but would rather hunt new caches.

This Travel Bug placement problem is not new to me, as old Bob sat for six months in Fac-Pac. At least someone desided to be the STF - thanks to Two Dollar Bill!

Anyway, this should be a big caching weekend as the weather couldn't be better and the winter low appears to be behind us. HAPPY CACHING EVERYONE. icon_cool.gif

Bill of Green Achers

quote:

Question? Is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=38255 too hard for cachers? Or are they afraid of the road/area?? Or is it just too far out of the way???

Or lack of interest, maybe? Lots of folks just aren't into doing the extra work to find a cache. I have done a few puzzle caches, but, for the most part, they aren't my thing. They are, in my book, similar to multi-caches. You might spend a big amount of time working toward the end result, only to discover a mistake was made along the way (either by the hider or the seeker) that will prevent you from ever even getting close!

Have a good weekend all.

Jaimee

Or lack of interest, maybe?

That's it for me. I don't do multis either. Fortunately there's no end of choices for people interested in doing geocaching.

I might do a multi-cache if it was only one or two steps to get to the final spot, but I've seen them with 5 steps. Then what? You get to the same piece of plastic tupperware anyway, and the 5 steps may or may not have been interesting. I would rather do 5 or 6 separate caches.

Continuing the lack of interest idea...the novelty is indeed wearing off for me, and when you consider that most of the people who read this thread have found 100 or more, I suspect that increasingly becomes the case.

I find that only about 1 in 25 finds is noteworthy. You can't always tell from the description or rating, but those do help sometimes.

Yes, I still get the bug once in a while, but not like *before*. I got an email from a 1,000 plus finder who indicated pretty much the same thing. I guess it's true of any *hobby*.

The best thing going for geocaching (for me) right now is taking me to some new places, but they've got to be hiking places to get the most bang for the buck. A cache in the base of a lamp post just isn't as exciting as it used to be.

On the other hand, I am enjoying HIDING some that I hope are a little unusual and will bring a smile to someone's face.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

That's odd Brute. We started out to do that one in Reno because it looked fun. But due to destractions, we ended up passing it up and ended up hunting another instead. Maybe I'll make it a point next time I'm there.

I'm not sure why I do as many multi's as I do. Maybe because so few others do them. More likely, it's because I have fun on them and numbers aren't really important to me. It's better to enjoy myself than worry about how I rank.

Anyway, Test of Genius is a puzzle cache. And that's really my interest. I like to carry the puzzle around in my mind and solve it over free moments of my day. Is that sick? icon_razz.gif

BTW, Brute. I hear ya'. Those contacts are going well these days. Good sun spots.

Bill of Green Achers

quote:

It's better to enjoy myself than worry about how I rank.

Hmmmm..so those of us who choose to avoid the multis and puzzle caches are the ones worried about rank?? icon_razz.gif

I could care less about the numbers, which is why I only hunt the caches that I want to and not go 100 mph to find each and every cache around.

Everyone keep calm...the above little icon_razz.gif is an indicator that I am joking around with Bill.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Good point Jaimee. I really didn't write that well. It was only subjective to me. Geocaching brings me pleasure by the hours I spend (non-productive time) and the neat places I get to discover. If I can learn something new or see a different perspective... that's even better.

Keep those icon_smile.gif coming.

Bill of Green Achers

Multis and puzzle caches extend the variety of the sport. A well-done three stage multi can be three times as satisfying as a really good traditional cache. Unfortunately, just as it's easier to stick a cache in a lamppost than to find a unique hiding spot, it's far easier to create a tedious multi than a good one. Puzzles also can vary widely. It's possible to create a puzzle that's solvable by a second grader, yet isn't obvious, so that a cacher can still get a sense of triumph when finding the solution. Basically, the puzzle caches are only fun when you can solve them, and they too can be just as tedious as a poorly done multi.

Well, I see everyone has been fairly active.

We found a multy cache in Monterey one time that was fun. BUT!!! I dont care to much for them or puzzle caches and I REALY HATE dadgum DUMB MICRO'S. Dont get me wrong some of you have put out some really neat micro caches That I enjoyed finding. I have a bunch of REGULAR CACHES that I put together some time ago but dont have the interest to plant them. Maybe some day.

Thanks for the B.B.Q. Pat and Jaimee. It was very good. Sorry for bailing out so soon but I was totaly beat.

Ron, I dont think that I ever found a cache of yours that didnt make me smile. icon_smile.gificon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gificon_mad.gificon_confused.gif

Have a good one all.

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

Micros again!

There was a point when I couldn't stand micros, but I think that was too general a statement. I think now the WAY the micros were hidden was bugging me more than anything else.

The advantage of them (when well hidden)...and IMHO....is that they CAN be harder to find, and for many people the searching for the cache is a good part of the fun...I know it is for me.

That said, a WELL HIDDEN micro is worth going for and some of them can elude you and/or be so frustrating that you WANT to come back and find it and figure out where you went wrong before.

Ultimately, whether micro or quart-sized Tupperware, the hiding job is probably the main thing that makes a cache fun or just another *ho-hum*. And, equally important to me at least, is the trip to the cache area. If there is a nice drive, a nice hike or something worth seeing along the way, that is as much of it as anything else. I know some people could care less about this aspect.

Ron

On another note...

I have gotten four emails from the approver HEMLOCK who has archived 4 of my caches which I have been remiss in relocating or reactivating.

Considering that the caches are in now unavailable areas...due to new property lines, etc, or in some other way, areas not worthy of new caches, this seems unneccessary, but who knows. It MIGHT get me active on at least one of them which could be taken to new coords.

I know a few cachers (myself included) who just leave the caches there when they go disabled or archived for some reason. Makes me think of the Dave Ulmer days of telling us all we were *littering*.

Then I think of all the *unattended* trash there is along the roadways and wonder if a film container tucked under a rock really has much impact on the grander scheme of things. I suppose one could say every little bit counts (against the environment), but I wonder.

I saw recently that so many millions of small water bottles are in landfills that THAT is becoming a problem. I guess man is his own worst enemy....and again, how much impact because one film container is in the middle of a forest....now the trail TO it might become a problem, but once disabled or archived, I find it hard to imagine that many people would go for it, since the intent of disabling or archiving was to take it out of circulation.

My first Where's That Valet?! cache showed an upside down new SUV sitting next to a river. It was a virtual and worth hiking too and finding. Now it is gone and I disabled it, but still had people who viewed it when they looked at my other Valet caches. Now that is archived, I think only people who had found it can look at those photos...too bad.

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

Now it is gone and I disabled it, but still had people who viewed it when they looked at my other Valet caches. Now that is archived, I think only people who had found it can look at those photos...too bad.

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

And those were some good photos I might add. That sure was a fun cache to find. icon_biggrin.gif

Even if I was a little cautious climbing down to it. I wasn't sure if there was still a body in it.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

quote:
Originally posted by Fattuhr:

Even if I was a little cautious climbing down to it. I wasn't sure if there was still a body in it.

Especially with the fearless one standing up at the top saying "Be careful..is there someone in there..what should we do..oh my gosh..watch out..are you okay??" Needless to say, I stayed put and didn't venture down to the car!

Jaimee

Hmm. My first public post. Please be nice.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

I have gotten four emails from the approver HEMLOCK who has archived 4 of my caches which I have been remiss in relocating or reactivating.

Ron,

Please don't take it personally. In the last few days all the approvers across the country have been 'cleaning house', taking a look at disabled caches, and archiving those that have been unavailable for a significant amount of time. I used a rule of 6 months since the last find, and so far I've archived close to 50 caches icon_eek.gif thruout California and Arizona. The vast majority of these were obviously missing, often including DNF logs from previous finders or the owner.

quote:
It MIGHT get me active on at least one of them which could be taken to new coords.
Well, giving you a gentle kick to the behind is exactly what we wanted to do icon_biggrin.gif We want you to go out and visit the cache site, and repair or replace the cache. Once done, or if you find the old cache is still there, an email to me or another approver is all it takes to get the cache un-archived. Of course, you can also re-establish the cache at a new location, but then is it really the same cache? Or should a new cache be submitted?

quote:
Considering that the caches are in now unavailable areas...due to new property lines, etc, or in some other way, areas not worthy of new caches, this seems unneccessary, but who knows.
This is admittedly a drawback. When you email one of us to get a cache un-archived, we must completely re-evaluate it to insure that it conforms to the guidelines. Caches that may have been previously grandfathered lose that status. That is the price to pay for being remiss for so long icon_frown.gif

quote:
My first Where's That Valet?! cache showed an upside down new SUV sitting next to a river. ... Now it is gone and I disabled it, but still had people who viewed it ... Now that is archived, I think only people who had found it can look at those photos...too bad.
Ron, I've seen your skills with HTML icon_smile.gif It should be very easy for you to put links on the other cache pages so people can click directly to the archived cache.

At the current rate that new caches are being submitted, these lost, forgotten caches are just a blip on the radar screen.

Hemlock - The alternative to purple frownies.

Hey Hemlock...

I don't take the archiving personally. I was a cache approver way back when and know the site is improving with time.

Frankly, the bloom is off-the-rose for me, but maybe in cooler weather I'll get back into it a bit. As I noted earlier, I still like to place a cache now and again.

Yes, I can make a link to the Valet archived site, or make the contents (pictures and such) available on web space I have available.

Ron

Re: Inactive Caches...

I have two caches that I consider seasonal due to inaccessibility in the winter. [Please don't look them up so you can do your hatchet mission, either!] Because of their altitude, they only have a short season to be hunted. Now if you go archive them just because you believe I'm not watching them close enough, that will really limit their hunting season. It will put a ugly burr under my saddle too.

While I fully plan to go back a visit my caches this summer, it may not be on the first day the snow melts. In fact, it will likely be at least a month later.

I guess I'm with Ron on this one... If they're getting archived just because you think they're not visited often enough, then I'm not too interested in picking 'em up. icon_rolleyes.gif When you just step in and take command, it's a rub. We're not children and shouldn't be treated as such. If Geocaching ''thinks'' a cache should be archived, why not ask the owner?! icon_wink.gif

That's all. Interaction over domination! It works. [i'm going to go calm down now. icon_biggrin.gif]

Bill of Green Achers

Let me see if I understand this correctly. The approvers are so busy with the daily cache placements that they have a hard time keeping up and it sometimes takes days and days to get a cache approved, but they have enough time to check on all the disabled caches?

I am all for a cache being archived if the person who placed it is no longer an active cacher and never bothered to archive it..I even make suggestions for that to be done on occasion, like I did here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=46533

Curious that a cache that was "active" for three days, only found by two people, missing and then disabled for over five months still hasn't been archived while others that have been inactive for a far shorter time have already been archived.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:

Question? Is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=38255 too hard for cachers? Or are they afraid of the road/area?? Or is it just too far out of the way???

I thought putting a Travel Bug in there would be a good idea as there's so many caches that people are bound to visit. WRONG! I'm thinking about going out on a rescue mission now - but would rather hunt new caches.

This Travel Bug placement problem is not new to me, as old http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=5293 sat for six months in http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=36622 At least someone desided to be the STF - thanks to http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=105676!

Anyway, this should be a big caching weekend as the weather couldn't be better and the winter low appears to be behind us. HAPPY CACHING EVERYONE. icon_cool.gif

_Bill of Green Achers_

TOG is actually one of my favorite caches and I wish people would get off their lazy ***s and get it! icon_razz.gif

70546_1300.gif

quote:

TOG is actually one of my favorite caches and I wish people would get off their lazy ***s and get it! icon_razz.gif

The page shows the cache as being temporarily disabled. Does that mean it's missing? Perfect example of why I don't do puzzle caches.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by JaimeeG:

quote:

The page shows the cache as being temporarily disabled. Does that mean it's missing? Perfect example of why I don't do puzzle caches.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

I don't know. George?

I do believe other caches are disabled and they are not puzzle caches. icon_smile.gif

70546_1300.gif