Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Bill...

I think what gets people responding on the forums is something NEW.

The Get The Point cache was certainly worth commenting on as an example.

The comments right now are about the NEW forum format.

I think there is also a point in everyone's geocaching career when *it* becomes a bit of a ho-hum and it TAKES something new and exciting to elicit any comments here.

Then of course there is the rest of *life* which can be large outside geocaching.

So, all of the above might have something to do with the low-level of forum activity right now. frog.gif (ribbet)

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

H E Y ! C V C !! Wake U P ! ! !

Roll Call! Everyone reading this, jump in a just say ''Hi, I'm here.'' icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gif

_Bill of Green Achers_

SIR. YES SIR.

Checking in as instructed.

Don't know what to think of these site improvements. Stuff missing, then not missing, then moved around. Hope things settle down soon.

Doesn't seem like there is ever enough time to cache. Hopefully get some time this weekend.

David

Hey Bill (and David)

Yep, it's a mess. A response I made to Bill just a few hours ago ended up at the bottom of page 60 I think it was, now page 61 and 62 are back but my note is gone.

Best not to put anything important here for a few days I guess.

Bill...

I just published six or so caches, some of which I actually placed some time ago...just got around to it.

I think the reason the forums aren't so busy is:

• People have things to do besides caching.
  • people have things to do besides TALK about caching.
  • People have lives besides caching! icon_wink.gif

But I DID like using the bulleted list ! icon_smile.gif

Ron

(forgot to mention......)

60776_400.jpg

After your milestone....

then what?

List of posibilities;

1000 travel bugs found

1000 hidden caches

1000 benchmarks found

1000 miles radius

1000 ___________________.

Just some thoughts.

Good luck on tomorrows hunt.

Wheres the party going to be ????? frog.gif

Enthusiasm may vary.

quote:
Originally posted by MrToad608:

I heard about a country boy goin' to the _BIG_ city down south. Have fun !

Trash that idea... oh, don't worry, Shaun's boss already took care of trashing it. Maybe this summer that will happen. icon_frown.gif

While I'm sitting here (not in the Magic Kingdom) I was looking at the Big Liar cache. Since you're required to tell a lie in the log, why not just log a find without finding the cache? Who would know?? It's not like The Rat would ever figure things out. icon_wink.gif What a fun cache!

Bill of Green Achers

"The man who reads nothing at all, is better educated then the man who reads nothing but newspapers." Thomas Jefferson

39570_500.jpg

quote:

While I'm sitting here (not in the Magic Kingdom) I was looking at the http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=55896 cache. Since you're required to tell a lie in the log, why not just log a find without finding the cache? Who would know?? It's not like The Rat would ever figure things out. icon_wink.gif What a fun cache!

This cache was a total blast, and even included a fake DNF from Kablooey, which I thought was a classic lie. Kablooey still has us wondering if the cache ever actually got moved (and moved back)...

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

This cache was a total blast, and even included a fake DNF from Kablooey, which I thought was a classic lie. Kablooey still has us wondering if the cache ever actually got moved (and moved back)...

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Who knows... Maybe he did. But seeing how there's no DNF from Fizzy, I'm guessing it doesn't matter. As long as he puts it back soon. [i'm still having fun.]

Hey Brute, What do you mean ''Gone''?

Locationless caches? Aren't you a big fan of Locationless caches Ron? icon_wink.gif There's nothing that beats the feeling you get when you find a good old fashion micro. Better yet, a well placed 5 gallon bucket after seaching for 20 minutes (and even the paintballers didn't find it)... now that's gota beat any locationless. Why not seperation. icon_smile.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"The man who reads nothing at all, is better educated then the man who reads nothing but newspapers." Thomas Jefferson

39570_500.jpg

1000 Finds? That means I'm only 856 caches behind you. In fact, you have more hides than I have finds. icon_biggrin.gif Man, do I feel young. Interesting cache to finish the first k off with (1000 Cash for G&M).

All I can say is, CONGRATULATIONS! icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

39570_500.jpg

BBQ

All BBQ's are to be encouraged. While I think most CVCer's are not afraid of the milage to the gather, free time may be the show stopped. It would be nice to take the day off and pick up all those puzzle caches over there. Solving them is one thing but getting time to hunt them is another.

I'm looking forward to retirement so I can play more. I only have between 10.6 to 19.1 more years. icon_eek.gif

Bill of Green Achers

39570_500.jpg

quote:

_BBQ_

It would be nice to take the day off and pick up all those puzzle caches over there. Solving them is one thing but getting time to hunt them is another.

That reminds me, I just finally figured out the El Camino puzzle you hid. I was getting no where actually working out the numbers, so instead I wrote a quick program to try all the possible combinates and just dump out the answer.

Let see if I can get up there this weekend.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Don't ask for confirmation - cheeter. icon_biggrin.gifEl Camino Viejo Cache

I cheeted on one of Hot Foot's puzzle caches too. I was able to figure out the insider clues due to the fact that I grew up in Livergultch. The hunt was more broad than having the coordinates but limited to an area we ran in H.S.

Anyway, what ever works for you. I figured the puzzle out without having the spoiler that I offered... wait a minute. I didn't offer a spoiler! We'll have to take care of that right now.

BTW, What subject to you teach George? Math?? icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif How about building a program that will solve the puzzle or hey, challenge the class to solve it for you!! Ya. That's it. LOL

Bill of Green Achers

39570_500.jpg

quote:

BTW, What subject to you teach George? Math?? icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif How about building a program that will solve the puzzle or hey,

That's exactly what I did. I got tired of working the combinations out with pencil and paper. Kept getting dead ends. So I just wrote the program and had the computer work the combinations for me.

It still took the think hours to find the right one. I messed up the first time and assumed on of the numbers could only be within a certain range so I didn't check that part and the computer ran over night without finding the answer.

I was kind of PO'd at that point. I then changed one thing, let it run and a mere 3 hours later I had the anser.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:
While I'm sitting here (not in the Magic Kingdom)

Since Bill is not enjoying the Magic Kingdom, I hope he is at least taking time to hunt some off his "to-do" list of caches.icon_razz.gif

Unless of course, he is plotting and skeaming some new "complicated" hides instead. icon_biggrin.gif

frog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.giffrog.gif

Enthusiasm may vary.

I'm way over due to stop off in Escalon and by chance, I have a few caches out there on my DoDoList. icon_biggrin.gif However, today was the first day I was able to get out with my GPS and we got rained out. icon_frown.gif Oh, there was all that whinning going on too. ''I'm too cold. You're going too fast. I crashed and can't move my arm!'' That one got my attention. I really figured we had a broken collar bone or a double break on the forearm... but it turned out to be WHINNING! At least I picked up two today.

George and his confuser are funny. Three hours? I think it took Mr T less then two hours and he did it in his head. LOL. It took me about three hours too but I used an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the calculations. I wonder just how Toad did it so fast?? frog.gif

Anyone hear from The Rat lately? I sent him an email but haven't gotten any reply. I felt bad about not telling the truth while logging my find on his cache (Big Liar).

Bill of Green Achers

39570_500.jpg

I just got back from a vacation in your area (now sitting back on the east coast) but wanted to post a thank you for the fun caches I had a chance to find (I only had a day or two of time carved out to cache). Dropped off a few TB's and picked up a few as well (some I left locally - a couple came back east with me!).

Beautiful area - seems like there's a park around every corner but the mountain roads are fun! If you can avoid driving off a cliff while looking at your GPS - it's a great place to cache and hike. I especially liked reading the log books and finding some names familiar from the site!

- HartClimbs (from the other coast)

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

If you liked the story in _The Record_, you'll probably like this upcoming tv feature on geocaching...featuring yours truly.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/60776_500.jpg

Why is this man smiling?

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

Hey Ron,

What day did those newspapers come out that those girls are wearing? Looks old and out of fashion to me. icon_biggrin.gif Maybe a winter edition!

East coast visitors and I missed them. Guess we're still all busy these days. Hope the HeartClimbs had fun. We love to hear from visiting 'cachers.

Bill of Green Achers

39570_500.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

If you liked the story in _The Record_, you'll probably like this upcoming tv feature on geocaching...featuring yours truly.

What channel is this on? I don't recall seeing this program being listed with the regular shows. Must be a premium channel icon_wink.gif.

Man or Woman? I thought my quote was correct. I do like to change it from time to time. I also need to ask. What's this about being on T.V.?

Has anyone noticed that since I placed Where Two Waters Cross, no one has been able to get to the area. The FTF is still available but snow set in.

There's three routes to get there off Hwy 88... The closes two routes near the cache will be last to open after the snow melts. I found that out on the way back home as we darn near lost my car in the snow. However, there's that river route that will take you past Quarter/nitch, Login' It and then Oh, Grate! 3 for a total of 4 finds. It's also the most likely route in as the snow starts to receed. And George was looking for more caches to hunt. icon_wink.gif

Bill of Green Achers

39570_500.jpg

Bill....

"They" say if you have to explain a joke, it wasn't told right...maybe, but .....

Look at the quote as I rewrote it, and compare its contents to the Naked TV content in the ad above and it'll make more sense. (I think, hope, guess...etc)

As far as the TV show goes, it's a real one, but unfortunately they haven't contacted me yet about geocaching.

On a related note, there is actually a couple who go by the name of "geo-nudists" or something like that. Talk about running into a scary situation while out geocaching !

Ron

Hey! What have I missed? This school thing sure takes up a lot of my caching time. And could anyone tell me what the h377 this is -> frog.gif

Oh well. Just to let people know I'm still alive and havent fallen off of 'Fear Factory'.

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

Ron, I did kind of connect the gals in the funny pages with your morphing my quote, and that's funny. It's really my fault that I only skim the forum lately. It's more of a hit and keep running. [is it Friday yet??]

Geo-Nudists? icon_eek.gif Are they from Sacramento? JaimeeG must know them as I recall that cache she was talking about up there. [Think that will bring our Jaimee back??] icon_biggrin.gif

Fallen, frog.gif it's a Frog but Mr. Toad may tell you otherwise. frog.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"The [PERSON] who reads nothing at all, is better educated then the [PERSON] who reads nothing but newspapers." Thomas Jefferson

39570_500.jpg

Had a nice family overnighter trip and hunt. We went through the Red Hills, Jamestown, Sonora and Murphy's. We did not hunt all of the ones available, but enough to make it fun, and not rushed.

The weather was great, folks we talked with along the way were friendly, great dinner, a clean hotel room, a hot tub on a cool night, it doesn't get much better. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm now hoping to se some finds on my hidden ones and some posts here, on others fun.

Enthusiasm may vary.

At least someone has free time to go caching! I'm bummed as I was going to finish up the yard work icon_eek.gif today so we can get the water going... then off to hunt in the east lands. The only problem is that the sun doesn't last as long as the projects. icon_frown.gif

I'm rather sure tomorrow holds a hunt or two. I think that Mr. Toad's Code Cache will be the first and then we'll see where that leads me.

Where in the world is Fizzy?

Bill of Green Achers

"The [PERSON] who reads nothing at all, is better educated then the [PERSON] who reads nothing but newspapers." Thomas Jefferson

39570_500.jpg

quote:

At least someone has free time to go caching!

_Bill of Green Achers_

I've got the time, but not so much the inclination of late. Today however it was hard to resist two new ones only 11 crow-flying miles from my home.

These were placed by a new cacher....Paradox72

Ron

For those of you who mourn the loss of the icon which allows you to see a cacher geocaching.com profile (not the forum profile) try this:

Click on the forum poster's name above the picture on the left side of the post.

When the drop down box comes up, click on *see posts by this cacher* (or words to that effect).

When a list of forum posts comes up, click on the person's name on the right side of the page.

This brings up the forum poster's *real* profile. Not as convenient as the old one step icon approach, but it works and is especially useful for cachers who are unknown to you.

Enjoy!

Ron

Always glad to help the powers that be....

Got this nice message return on my post for how to see the *real* profile.

Groundspeak Lackey posted April 08, 2003 04:34 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron -

Thanks for posting that workaround. I was meaning to post a similar one but kept forgetting. Hopefully we'll get the updated software soon with the real fix.

Elias

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 226 | From: Seattle, WA USA | Registered: September 02, 2000

That will be rather useful. Thanks Ron for showing us yet another way to get to something. I've been struggling the hard way in going back to Hide/Seek and searching for the user's names and then going to their bio. It's amazing how much that bio info is [fur us simple farmers]. LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

39570_500.jpg

Just letting everyone know we're still around. Met Fattuhr last night for some non-geocache related business. Looked for 2 of the Turlock caches last night with no luck (we must be rusty at this now).

We should be caching again soon! Hope everyone is doing well!

Randy

guy.gif

cvcth.jpg

This is like some sort of GeoCaching slump. I do have a vacation coming up and plan on doing a little caching in the Nevada / Utah / Arizona area. Might just be interesting!

Bill... What exactly is your new picture of?

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen:

This is like some sort of GeoCaching slump.

Is it a slump or a black hole? Or in your case a worm hole? Maybe it's a ground squirrel hole?

All I know is my house started looking like a *rat hole* so I have been tending to it instead of Tupperware in the woods.

Ron

George, you could hunt the "extra" at Sonora Siesta for me. icon_biggrin.gif

I've got some new hides in the works, since they are not "log only micro" hides, they are taking a bit more time/thought to prepare. I hope to have them available soon.

While folks have been "slumping" I've been sneaking closer to 1/10 of George&Mary's finds. icon_biggrin.gif

Enthusiasm may vary.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Can't find them if no one's hiding them.

george

According to the statistics from MY zip code, there are *around* 2,500 caches within 100 miles. That leaves ME with about 1,700 caches yet to find if no one EVER hides another new one !

Ron