Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

quote:
Originally posted by Pure Evil:

I'm a new cacher BUT!! I'm thinking of not going on with it. I was real excited at first but after reading this forum a few times I dont know if I want to continue. The Ron and George thing. I can see good points on both sides but it should be left for private email.. NOW it looks like This MR Toad is trying to start something with Jaimee G. with his remarks in his signature foot notes. I think Jaimee G. has just been speaking her mind and I have not seen anything negitive from her. The few caches that I have found were fun and some not. (I have not logged them yet) In my Oppinion these little film canisters that are everywhere are pretty lame. Thats just my oppinion!!

Evil

Interesting Profile for Pure Evil.

As for my tag line.... freedom of expression.

"If you point a finger at me, you've still got three pointed at yourself."

Hypocrisy = claiming to be "open minded" yet demonstrating judgementalism and intolerance.

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

The only way to get something un-archived is to e-mail Jeremy or one of the approvers. Try the approver of the cache listed at the bottom of the cache page.

--Marky

Thanks for the tip. icon_smile.gif I emailed 9Key who helped me out. The cache is now only temporarily unavailable until I replace it. Nice to know that there is help for those who make rookie mistakes.

[This message was edited by Camelot Cache Hunters on March 04, 2003 at 09:00 AM.]

Well Toad, Unless you have fought for freedom you dont know what freedom of speech is.

As for my profile, I really didnt care to fill it in But if you must know......

I fly for a commercial airline...

My hobbys are the out doors..and anything to do with aviation....

The name 100% PURE EVIL is an inside joke that i'm sure you wouldnt understand.

That's all I will say about myself weather you like it or not I dont care.

Play your little finger pointing games all you want. (be sure to wash your hands when your done)

I'm not going to respond to your childish behavior any more.

Thanks for the back-up Jaimee G. Hopefully that kid will leave you alone.

Wade...(100% Pure Evil)

...fellow cachers !

Isn't it enough that George and I have battled it out here off and on for several months !

I can't speak for George, but for myself this kind of thing really is quite taxing. I hope that calmer feelings will prevail all around. I know this may seem strange considering my part in such doings, but who better to comment?

Anyway, for whatever reason(s) sometimes these things get cranked up. Sometimes I think it's just an impression that one party has about something the other has said....maybe the thing that was said wasn't even directed at the offended party!

Pure Evil....

I hope you won't let any of this put you off geocaching. As you said, you have your opinions about some of the caches and other people have their opinions. Some people will support your ideas; some people won't. Room for everyone I guess, and I know I have to remind myself sometimes to keep my own advice close to home, so I don't propose I am any better than anyone else....just offering my perspective after having been in this kind of spot before.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

Toad = "A contemptible person or thing" (Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary)

Exactly.

Too bad closed minds didn't come with closed mouths.

What does your tagline mean?

icon_confused.gif

Hypocrisy = claiming to be "open minded" yet demonstrating judgementalism and intolerance.

...duke it out !

Meanwhile, are the forum pages showing up differently on anyone elses computer? As of 4 pm I am getting one long continuous page with some slight division between one post and the other, but not like it was before.

I hope this isn't permanent. I need that compartmentalization !

Ron

So, Tammi, I didn't see any pictures of your belly-dance at Strings. How did it go??

From the posts on the page, it looks as if there was a full house. I didn't even realize there was a Strings in Turlock and still can't place it in my mind!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Jaimee

Strings is on Geer Road next to Kinko's and Long's Drug Store.

There was a huge turnout last night. There had to be over fifty people show up. I think the staff at strings was overwhelmed, but the manager was ever gracious.

Mary

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Okay..I know where Longs is. I guess I have just never paid attention. We used to eat at Strings when we lived in Sacramento but never seem to think about the one in Modesto, and now Turlock.

Glad to hear there was a good turnout and everyone had fun!

I might try to put together another BBQ at our house later in springtime.

Jaimee

quote:
Originally posted by ZachNLiam:

[ In my Oppinion these little film canisters that are everywhere are pretty lame. Thats just my oppinion!!

Well here's my opinion. The next time you see a micro pop up, don't go find it! icon_razz.gif

Tammi

WOW!!!! what a concept. I will have to remember that next time I go caching.

So it seems my new tag line was offensive, at least to a couple folks. My appolgies to the other forum users. It also seems my comments about "consistant whining" back a few days was also deemed offensive.

Yes, somewhat barbed on my part, again I appologize to the forum users.

Heres the long story.....as it happened....

Back when I was at `30 finds I got this email from LuvOzzy (Jaimee G.) out of the blue.

1-26-03

User LuvOzzy has contacted you with the following message:

Hi Mr. Toad

I was reading through some of your logs on cache pages and noticed that you seem to come across lots of full/wet logs. Most of us carry around extra log sheets and then stick a new one in a cache if necessary.

I know a few of the caches you found "belong" to folks who aren't even caching anymore, so odds are the logs won't get replaced anytime soon.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

1-26-03 here was my reply.

I try to remedy bad bags and wet/full logs also, after finding a few in need.

I try to let the owners know if their cache needs maintenance.

If there are owner-less caches then maybe an adoption needs to take place or they need to be removed.

It's my opinion that if someone places a cache, they should take responsibility for it's condition. upkeep or removal. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

Thanks for the note.

Mr.Toad

1-26-03 Jaimee G. responsed.

If a cache is falling apart and not being maintained, then, sure, it probably should be removed or something else done with it. I think that is really isn't that big of a deal though for another cacher to stick a log note in there if it needs a new one.

I sent you the note because I had noticed on many of your finds you mentioned a problem with the log sheets. If it isn't that, you seem to have problems with where caches are placed. Of course, it is entirely possible to misinterpret computer-generated messages, but the emoticons you use seem to say a lot as well.

Since you are new to the caching world, I am sure you will continue to run upon caches that are not maintained properly and places that aren't the greatest. While the "upkeep or removal" idea sounds good, it most likely won't happen. People who quit caching usually just leave their caches to flounder. Others can then choose to check on them from time to time and replace what might need replacing, and others choose to just ignore what needs to be maintained and decide it's up to the owner to do all the work. Of course, one could appoint themself as cache police and go around removing caches that don't meet up to their expectations icon_smile.gif

Have a good night.

Jaimee

I reconsidered whether my logs were too negative, and started trying to be more positive.

I then read numerous logs posted by Jaimee G.

and found what could easily be construed as negative logs. I found it very hypocritical, but kept my thoughts to myself.

I let it all go and continued caching. I did hunt one of Jaimees caches that I found offensive due to the disubance of a grave. I later deleted the log as I wanted not to be associated with its disturbance. The cache suddenly became a "Member Only Cache".

I then posted the "whining" note on the forum page in response to someones reference to the George and Ron thing.

I then received another Email...

2-26-03 Jaimee G.

Hi Mr. Toad

Since I am a proponent of private email messages, I thought I would pop one out to you.

If it was my earlier email to you that you referred to in your post this morning, I am curious as to how you perceived my tone in that note. I felt that I was offering you constructive criticism after seeing your repeated postings mentioning the shape of log books, etc. I didn't know that you were, in fact, leaving new log sheets if you were able to.

As for the second email I sent you, I was being sarcastic when I said something about people pulling caches they don't like. Maybe you miscontrued what I said, but it was all in jest.

Anyway, just wanted to offer some explanation since it has been pointed out a time or two that you felt offended by me for some reason.

Have a good day.

Jaimee

I did not reply to it, to avoid another misunderstanding of my view. I hoped to talk with Jaimee at the Strings event, but she was a no-show.

I posted a note today about the Strings event and what a good time was had. True I have a new tag line.

In my opinion the tag line Jaimee uses implies that if your opinion is deemed "closed minded" she does not believe you have a right to speak it. I disagree with that.

So I was then berated on the forum.

I also recieved another email or two.

03-03-03 #1 Jaimee G.

Hi again

Your new signature line was just brought to my attention, and myself and a couple others were wondering if you were making reference to me or my signature line in that.

If so, I am more than happy to do some public sparring with you if you care to conduct it in that manner. I sent you an email apologizing if I had offended you, which you completely ignored.

Say what you will about me, but at least be an adult and let me know what I did to upset you so!

Thanks

Jaimee

I did not reply I was at work, and can't access my account from there.

This was the second email today.

03-03-03 #2 Jaimme G.

You really have me intrigued now. It is apparent that you are spineless and will not approach anything resembling a logical conversation with me. I understand that you know you are outwitted, and that's acceptable. Just keep making your little jabs on the forum. Other people see you for what you are as well.

By the way, by calling someone else judgemental, are you not, in essence, doing a bit of judging yourself? As for "intolerance", curious choice of words, one which demonstrates that you are absolutely clueless about any of my character traits.

*** and thats the story.

Mr. Toad

"In my opinion the tag line Jaimee uses implies that if your opinion is deemed "closed minded" she does not believe you have a right to speak it. I disagree with that."

I see it as some people are so closed minded that they never shut up long enough to ever listen to another opinion. Not implying that's the case with anyone here, but it sure makes me think of my sister in law. And, I don't like doing that. icon_mad.gif

Now, everyone go play nice.

icon_wink.gif

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by JaimeeG:

I didn't even realize there was a Strings in Turlock and still can't place it in my mind!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Now you have the coords on the event cache page! icon_smile.gif Both the dishes Joani and I ordered were really good, and I thought they did a great job handling such a large group. I would consider going there for dinner again the next time we are in town.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Strings *was* good food. And when you think about the fact that we probably doubled/tripled their normal load for a Sunday evening, it's especially impressive to see how well they handled it.

Any good place to eat in the Santa Nella area - that doesn't serve Pea Soup icon_biggrin.gif - we seem to drive near/through there about once a month now...

-J

Well if you have to eat in Santa Nella and Pea Soup isn't your cup of tea, then I'd suggest one of the truck stops. Seriously, I've heard that the food is really good. Now I've never personally eaten there, but my students have.

Good Luck! icon_wink.gif

Mary

39570_500.jpg

Help! Help! Help!

And I'm not talking about where to dine on the hiway.

Amazing to me when I have this new *outside* view of terrible rantings. I knew it was painful when I was going through it, now I see how the non-combatants have to endure it. It's dreadful all the way around.

I have never been a fan of Rodney King's *Can't we all just get along*, but there has to be some middle ground.

Sorry to say I don't know how that can be achieved. I guess things eventually settle out..we can all hope.

Ron

I can tell you where NOT to eat in Santa Nella, and that would be McDonald's! icon_biggrin.gif We stopped there on the way home from Monterey Saturday just out of desperation for a quick bite while driving home. BLECH (But, wait, is McDonald's ever really good??)

Ron...the fighting is ugly, stupid, etc., and I am doing my part to get rid of it on my end...deleting my posts as soon as I am done with this.

Jaimee

...people who make a living from the road will share information - and if a truck stop has bad food, it will go out of business. We'll have to try them next time we're around. Casa de Cache -- oops, I mean Fruita -- actually has some decent food as well, for those on the way to SJ...

Perhaps we should consider the "Cacher Food and Dining guide" - we already have a star rating system for other things.

I can just read the reviews... "Food lousy - staff surly - but it has a skylight, so GPS receiption possible. I give it 4 stars." icon_biggrin.gif

Where do people live in Santa Nella? I have only been there when going from Ceres to Monterey, so we always turn right off I-5. There are a few houses to the right, but there must be more somewhere else. We were wondering that when driving through there over the weekend. Are there schools and stuff there too?

Jaimee

quote:

I can tell you where NOT to eat in Santa Nella, and that would be McDonald's! icon_biggrin.gif We stopped there on the way home from Monterey Saturday just out of desperation for a quick bite while driving home. BLECH (But, wait, is McDonald's ever really good??)

I have to agree... your don't need to drive to Santa Nella to figure out that Mc D's is a good place to DNF!! And if a normal resturant doesn't cure you, try any one that's in a Wally World! (gag! Halck! - wow, I just eat!) icon_biggrin.gif

We once really like to go to The Banta Inn (which is no where near the town of subject). Their saying was rightfully, "The Banta Inn - The Best Steak In Town." This WAS not only a true fact, it was also an inside joke... they were the only place in town that sold any food (save a vending machine). icon_razz.gif With that said, the food has been very poor the last couple visits so we stopped going.

As far as Santa Nella, I thought the Mc D's was a good bathroom stop after solving Black Box. icon_rolleyes.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"I'm Not Sure I Understand Everything I Know About This."

46085_1700e%2013

Does anyone know the answer to this? Actually, I would like to know how to solve it from the beginning!

Rain falling vertically hits a car windshield vertically. If the car is moving, the rain hits and then moves across the windshield at a 45-degree angle. How fast is the car moving?

You have to work with vectors and stuff to solve that, right?? It was a problem that my daughter had in her homework, and I was not sure of how to solve it. icon_confused.gif

Jaimee

Well there are new houses going up all the time and then there is the trailer park. The trailer park was originally created to house the workers who built the dam, but now they house low income families. It is not the nicest place to live and raise a family.

Mary

39570_500.jpg

...I don't know the answer to your rain question, but here is another one for you or any of the other puzzle cachers.

If a geocacher, attempting to retrieve a cache from 20 feet up in a tree, falls, how many branches does he break on the way down, and more importantly, if no one else is in the forest to hear it, does his fall make any noise?

Ron

quote:

Rain falling vertically hits a car windshield vertically. If the car is moving, the rain hits and then moves across the windshield at a 45-degree angle. How fast is the car moving?

You have to work with vectors and stuff to solve that, right?? It was a problem that my daughter had in her homework, and I was not sure of how to solve it. icon_confused.gif

Jaimee

There are too many unknowns here. First off, it would depend on the curvature of the windshield. Would a flat windshield ever have rain moving across it at a 45 degree angle? I don't think so (not with vertically falling rain and assuming that you are driving straight). Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems almost like a trick question, or there are some details missing.

What class was this a question for?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

...I have made some changes in the Meet Larry cache which address the issues originally raised.

The folks who found this one are free to log it again if they choose to go for the new physical version of Larry and if they provide the new set of answers.

Ron

quote:

Wow. I could rant for quite a while about the current quality of school math textbooks, but I won't.

As stated, there is no way to answer the question. 45 degree angle to what?

What I suspect they are trying to say is that the rain hits the windshield at a 45-degree angle in the frame of the windshield, which devolves to the trivial answer that the car is moving at the same speed the rain is falling. But if that was the exact wording, then the author of the problem should be beaten with a noodle from Strings.

icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

...duke it out !

Meanwhile, are the forum pages showing up differently on anyone elses computer? As of 4 pm I am getting one long continuous page with some slight division between one post and the other, but not like it was before.

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

...duke it out !

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

Yep, it was all kind of odd here too. It's better now.

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

That problem is from my daughter's IB science class, a book called "Conceptual Physics." She will be at her dad's after swim practice today, but I am going to call her and have her read me the exact question..maybe I left something vital out!

Jaimee

First wanted to say that I regret not being able to attend the gathering at Strings as previously planned. From the sounds of it, there wouldn't have been any room for us anyway so I suppose it was a blessing in disguise. I am hoping that maybe something like this could be attempted again, perhaps outdoors at a park? That way it could accomodate more people and we could make a day of it. I know Pam from Pizzimenti-Scott Family mentioned that a while back....no better time than the present to plan the next get together! icon_biggrin.gif

I have a quick question, I was browsing some of the cachers logs checking out interesting finds, and came across one that was a "where's George" cache somewhere fairly local. I couldn't seem to find the listing again and have a george to swap.

Anyone recall a cache for the Where's George dollars? I know it was someone from the CVC ...

Anyway I also wanted to just really wanted say hello, I am still out here haven't been that actively seeking caches as of late due to lack of time, but looking forward to adding more finds to the log soon.

Sandy

That was our cache. It came up missing and we archived it. You can leave a Where's George dollar at any cache and someone will pick it up. Just record the serial number at WWW.where'sgeorge.com. It is a lot of fun to do we have had dollars take really traveled quite far.

Mary

39570_500.jpg

[This message was edited by georgeandmary on March 04, 2003 at 09:38 PM.]

[This message was edited by georgeandmary on March 04, 2003 at 09:41 PM.]

...The Record on Wednesday the 5th. Mike Fitzgerald accompanied me on a hunt for 4 caches on Monday. We grabbed two new ones in Stockton and two older ones in Tracy.

Hopefully it will be a good story and encourage some new folks in Stockton to take up our *sport*.

I'll post the internet link on Wednesday for out-of-towners who might want to take a look.

Ron

....I resemble those remarks!

The article came out pretty good. Fitzgerald and the photographer gave away a bit more than they should, but two of the caches are fairly easy and will be good introductions to any newcomers.

The third one this team placed *A Toast To Marky and Joanie* would be harder...stumped me for a bit...and wasn't part of the newspaper hunt or story. They are all in Weston Ranch in the southern part of Stockton.

As Jaimee said, you can check it out at Hide and Seek Goes High Tech

Ron

....OK, too much fun with Jaimee's new signature line.

I don't know if you have The Record available down there or not. Of course I could give you one of the 100 copies I have. icon_wink.gif

One of the pics shows me reaching for a micro in a gazebo...a little revealing...of the location, not of me. Oh well, can't win them all. I think the cache placers will be OK with it, and I certainly had no control over what pics they took or which ones they used. icon_cool.gif

Ron

Marky....Ron is really only 27!!!! Still think he looks good for his age??? icon_biggrin.gif

Ron...as for the new signature line, glad you enjoyed it. Mark Twain has the best quotes around.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

"Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she had laid an asteroid." Mark Twain