Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

When I checked my email a bit ago, I was looking through the new cache listing. I noticed yet more micros placed. Since I was sick of working at that particular moment, I decided to check out some stuff.

I looked at all the caches placed within 25 miles of my zip code since 12/01/2002; there was a total of 56. Of those caches, here is the breakdown of how they are listed:

REGULAR: 13

MICRO: 37

VIRTUAL: 3

OTHER: 3

I included multi-caches in the category that the actual cache container falls under. Don't start choppin' at me if I am a number off somewhere; I just was curious as to how it would break apart.

The micros are almost three times more than the regular caches..YIKES!!! icon_eek.gif

I have a guess as to why this has happened. I think that we had quite a few micros placed in easy to access places around towns here in the valley. New people find those and then get the idea to turn around and place a similar cache. Not just new people placed all those micros though..there were plenty of us "established" cachers as well! I am not bashing new people at all..just making a statement about my idea on the micros.

Others have voiced that they would like to see some regular caches, and a few have been placed. It is tough to find anywhere suitable to place a regular cache now because pretty much every park in the Modesto/Turlock area is saturated.

The micros are easiest to hide because of their size, but I, personally, am getting bored with them. It was so fun when I first started caching to go out and find a big cache full of stuff to dig through. Some say it's not about what is in the container, but I do believe that is part of the fun for many, myself included.

I do believe the valley here has become the micro world!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Too bad closed minds didn't come with closed mouths.

Where are you going to hide a full sized cache?

Full size caches get disapear. Especially ones in urban parks. I'd be very hesitant to hide a full size cache in most parks in modesto with exception of a very few parks. Dry Creek, and Toulumne... and we all know what's wrong with Toulmne Park.

I place all my full size caches in the country. This weekend I recenlty placed a full size cache in Volta, but it won't get visited much.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=51138

Placed this one the week before.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=50741 not really in the valley though.

These have been there for a while

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=43530

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=41659

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=38255

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=44257

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=44095

Another

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=39828

Another

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=39828

Another

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=42333

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=16990

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=32436

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=26929

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=26935

They're all in the valley and they're waiting for you. What most of them have in common, is that they're not in the middle of town. They all require a drive or a hike and a couple require math or puzzle solving.

What I think happens, is new cachers show up and most if not all the places that can hold a big cache are taken up. Look at the map. The new people want to place a cache so they have to resort to micros. And I'm fine with that.

What we can do is start archiving old caches. I've pulled a couple of caches that were no longer getting hits because they had been visited by most of the people in the valley. This give other a chance to hide a NEW cache in the same area.

Think about pulling some of the old ones to make room for the new batches.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

I had specifically looked at caches placed since 12/01/2002. I know there are lots of regular caches floating around. BUT, I have no desire to solve big puzzles or try to figure out computer coding stuff in order to hunt a cache. I also don't have the physical capability to hunt many of the higher terrain caches.

The big caches do disappear more often, as evidenced by three of mine within the last few months.

Even micros with a bit of imagination/creativity would be nice. The Jamestown cemetery cache is unique, and it's a micro. I have tried to add some twists to the newer micros I placed as well. Anything but another film canister magneted to a piece of metal! icon_rolleyes.gif

I wasn't trying to b*tch and moan about micros..but I guess I will now. icon_biggrin.gif I basically was surprised by the numbers of micros that have been placed in the last few months.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

No more room. I think that's the basic problem. I suggest we start arching caches that are over a certain age or have had so many visits.

If there is a cache somewhere that most of the locals have hit, and is only being hit by people visiting from out of town then maybe it would be nice to archive it so a new cache can be placed in the area?

Do you think this would work? Is it worth while? I don't know?

I get email once in a while, asking me to recomend an easy traditional cache in the modesto area for begginners to try. It's hard for me to think of one.

Glory Hole Day fits that, but the park sucks. Skunks Toybox is not that easy so I don't pick that one. That leaves Kassie's Cache 2.

So out off all the caches in Modesto, I can come up with about 3. Which ones am I missing?

george

39570_500.jpg

Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

"Even micros with a bit of imagination/creativity would be nice."

Well, hold on, I've got one on the way. It's all done and I just need to find a spot. And, it's still bigger than a film container. 4x bigger. icon_smile.gif

I don't think you have found my Yikes have you? I think it would be fun to find. And, my new one out on Sandy Mush Rd isn't so tiny. That should be enjoyable. (if you don't have to drive to Fresno to find the road) icon_biggrin.gif There's a new big one out by Yosemite Lake here. It was fun. I really like trying to come up with new ideas for caches that haven't been done. I think I have 3 or 4 ready to go. hehehe<---- Evil Snicker.

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

Probaly would be. That &*^&% container eluded me for some time when I went looking!

Heh. Guess I'm in the same boat. Thing is, I went out to look for it and found a pointy-ended stake pointing right to where the coordinates zeroed out. I figured that to be "the teepe", but looked around anyways and no dice. If someone did find it, they have not posted it in the last 36 hours. If someone did not find it, I guess I'm just not a good enough looker yet icon_smile.gif

CVC Tags bigger than the smallest micro and smaller than the biggest regular cache. icon_biggrin.gif Sorry about being funny but one of the neat things about Tag is you just don't know what you're looking for... I'm sure George will one day trade the container to throw everyone off again. icon_wink.gif I think where looking for cacher M to step into the scene and pick it up. The 4_hearts would make a good cacher M.

Other regular caches that George forgot would include Scenic Surprise (I still can't tell you what finding that did for me), California Redwood, Bullwinkle Is Looking For His Friends (if the park has reopenned). I also think Cache Ninja is a good one but it may take a little time.

I had one new cacher ask me about Spike and Ivy Go Shopping and I replied that they needed to learn more about how Ron thinks before going for that one!

Bill of Green Achers

"I'm Not Sure I Understand Everything I Know About This."

Hey all

My point on the regular/micro caches was specifically related to the numbers and types of caches placed since 12/01. I know of all the others that have been around longer. I must be losing my touch with getting my points across icon_rolleyes.gif

Tag is still loose??? I figured the Morris bunch would have jumped on it. They must be slacking. Tsk tsk tsk

I will sell clues to whoever needs some help. Wait..maybe I can talk the cache placer into leading you directly to it, for the right price of course!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Jaimee

We havent been following the tag cache!! I havent cared to go caching lately. I think Carolyn get's the urge once in a while. I just dont get excited about hunting a film canister. I do enjoy looking for a NORMAL cache. George is right though. There is just no more room anymore in the valley. I have a bunch of regular caches that I need to go hide. Maybe one day I will get them hid.

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

Any local CVC'ers out there with any FRS/GMRS hand-held radios?

We just picked up a pair at Costco as I had a $83 "Customer Rewards Certificate."

The kids (2.5 & 4.75) were having a blast with them, and I was suprised I could actually get 2-3 miles of range while driving away from home and still talking with my son (turns out I was in GMRS mode at 1-watt, tho, not FRS at .5-watt).

I know the official GeoCaching FRS Channels are 2 and alternate is 12. Minor problem with these units on FRS Channel 2 as it doesn't allow FRS-only on Channels 1-7, so we were using FRS 12 until just a few moments ago when I paid the FCC $75 so they can't fine me $10,000/day for illegally using GMRS.

Anyway, just curious how many other folks have them. My brother and I are thinking about both getting Garmin RINO 120's since the radio is so handy (plus the RINO 120's let you "send" your GPS coordinates with a click of the button).

Jason Roysdon

jason.roysdon.net

Originally posted by Fattuhr:

Congrats LuvOzzy on reaching the 300 mark. Glad I was there to see it. icon_biggrin.gif Would have taken a pic but she didn't want me to.

CONGRATULATIONS Jaimee on your 300th find! I would of liked to of seen a pic; maybe you'll pose for the next milestone? I'm up to 50 now.......woo hoo!

Wish we could make the March 1st dinner; but we've got a prior engagement. We hope to meet up with you all another timeicon_smile.gif

Haven't been caching too much in the last week or so - but we'll be out and about again soon. I noticed there are alot of new caches placed recently, so I've got a list ready.

After playing batman, superman and spiderman on the Wair Stell cache, I had to take a break!

TGIF

Cathyicon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Catmit:

After playing batman, superman and spiderman on the Wair Stell cache, I had to take a break!Cathyicon_smile.gif

Now THAT would have been worth a picture or two!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

We need to make another run out to Y.S.Y.L and see if the third time is a charm. My caching time has been limited also lately, like lots of other people..doesn't that just stink??!!

Jaimee

quote:
Originally posted by 4_Hearts:

Well, the Tag cache is sitting right here next to me. I'll get it placed sometime today. It will either find a home here in Turlock or it will go to the foothills somewhere. Depends on what the weather does today I guess.

Yoiks! That picture I tried to put here didn't work too well. Sorry 'bout that. Anyways, it is placed.

[This message was edited by 4_Hearts on January 24, 2003 at 01:59 PM.]

quote:

Well, the Tag cache is sitting right here next to me. I'll get it placed sometime today. It will either find a home here in Turlock or it will go to the foothills somewhere. Depends on what the weather does today I guess.

Was it everything you expected, and more?

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

quote:

Was it everything you expected, and more?

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/39570_500.jpg

The unabridged dictionary of the English language does not contain the words to describe the joy that I feel right now. icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I have some feeling about micros, so here goes.

I think they're fine, IF some imagination is used, but if you think about it, one could place micros in every gas pump, newspaper vending machine, ice/water dispensing machine, cola dispenser, etc, etc. Do you know how many of these spots there are in a 1 mile area in the middle of a town.

A lot. BUT, what fun is there in doing that over and over again. From a seekers standpoint I don't think there's much fun. If I drive up to a spot and I think that's what it is, I often won't even look. One time yes, maybe two or three, but after that?

I realize my *prejudice* is to take people to a nice spot on a nice walk, and I guess hiding micros in any available piece of metal is someone else's idea of fun, so that's just life.

As far as *larger than micros* disappearing, I found a pint sized container in a spot the other day that was only about 6 x 3 feet in size, but it certainly was enough to hide something larger than a micro. I suspect there are a lot of spots like that.

Micros are easier to carry in a pack that's for sure, and I have put micros in the woods, but not so much to *stump* someone, but to get them away from the micros of the city.

All that said, I enjoyed spending time with LO and Pat today in Stockton where they found a micro of mine, one of Fallen's, and two larger caches of mine. I regret they couldn't go for my Century Plant which is no micro, but is on a rest break right now.

I'll be placing some more micros myself, but I hope they incorporate some imagination like say....Unknown.

As for micros in the base of lamp posts....been there, done that...in half a dozen cities...and even did it myself !

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

Glad to see someone else was able to find the Tag cache..good job Darren. I haven't looked to see where it is yet since I am not eligible to log it. Whoever gets it next needs to place it on Redwood Road in Ceres. icon_biggrin.gif

As Ron already said, Pat and I did some Stockton caching today. We had several on our to-do list and got a few of them done today. We also had a nice visit with Ron over lunch.

We went and did the virtual at Pollardville and got some information on their banquets at the restaurant. If you have groups of 25 or more, you can have a banquet for $15/person. You get either tri-tip or chicken, spaghetti, tossed green salad, dinner rolls, beverage and dessert. Might be a future spot for a get-together. I have never eaten there and know nothing about the quality of the food though. Anyone else eaten there?

Have a nice weekend all.

Jaimee

Just here to say I have placed a normal cache up here in the Motherlode. A hike, and a normal cache to be found. There is a virtual here also, a good trek away from this cache. These 2 are down at Natural Bridges. I'm gonna place a fun one this summer, in an area most of you CVC have not visited. You want fun areas up here..you ready to HIKE?

"Whoever gets it next needs to place it on Redwood Road in Ceres."

Be careful, the woman that lives there may start yelling at you from the doorway if she sees ya. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Virtual troubles on logs, answers, etc. My own personal solution is, don't make em, don't seek em. I just don't like em. I've done 4 and only because another cache was very nearby. However, Fallens 'micro' that requires answers to questions intrigues me. I'm missing something there?

Congratulations to LO on reaching 300. You've worked hard for it (along with school and all the other things you have to do).

As far as micros, I do agree there should be something clever about them. Fallen does a great clever micro if I do say so. I've found a few of his and watched him plant one too. He set a good micro example! (huh?) icon_biggrin.gif

I think it's been said, anyone can drop a micro in a field, but it takes skill to plant a bucket in a barren area... and then have kids running around, digging paint ball trenches a couple feet away - and they never see it!

As far as lack of land, I have to disagree. Modesto has a lot grant you, but I think Riverbank has three. Does Lathrop have any? Tracy has room and I'll be planting my next - LARGE regular in

-envolope please-

Manteca! I found a new place in the worlds most ''unfriendly to geocaching city''. icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, there are many other cities right around us. Go explore and leave a bucket, or coffee can, or atleast a bean can cache.

Oh, Ya. Congratulations to Cacher M on finding CVC Tag!!! Look out, I'm coming to get it now! icon_smile.gif

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by SpecialDelivery:

Just here to say I have placed a normal cache up here in the Motherlode. A hike, and a normal cache to be found. There is a virtual here also, a good trek away from this cache. These 2 are down at Natural Bridges. I'm gonna place a fun one this summer, in an area most of you CVC have not visited. You want fun areas up here..you ready to HIKE?

We like to go up to Sanoma but I can't get the family way from the car. So long hikes are most likely not going to happen. Short one's maybe. 4x4 more probable.

I've been wanting to take the Bronco up to Red Hills (where ever that is) and take the ATV where no jeep has been... then plant a cache there! icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

When I was talking about micros I wasnt talking about all micros. George hid a very cool Micro up in Jamestown, I think it was called Pushing Daiseys. It scared the Hell out of Carolyn. Brute hid a Micro called in the middle. That one was my favorite. I should have said that I like creative micros. Thats what I ment. The regular old stuck to metal micro is what I'm bored with. This is just my oppinion and my preferance so nobody get bent out of shape.

Congrats. Jaimee on 300 and to unclegene for his 100

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

quote:

Glad to see someone else was able to find the Tag cache..good job Darren. I haven't looked to see where it is yet since I am not eligible to log it. Whoever gets it next needs to place it on Redwood Road in Ceres. icon_biggrin.gif

You have no idea how close your wish was to coming true. I snuck by your house about an hour ago looking for the decoy. It looked like the decoy is not the cache so the evil plans I had went up in smoke.

I'll be placing it somewhere soon. I'm getting ready for a mountain biking trip / geocaching trip for tomorrow. I'm not going to be able to plant it locally until Sunday.

I went to Turlock and Modesto after work to get a couple caches and the TAG. I loaded the gps with the new waypoints but forgot to update the pages.... dadgum! I got skunked on three caches but found the tag the first time.

After reading the cache pages while logging my DNF's I read the pages and one clue gave me an idea of where I should have looked.

I probablly would have had DNF'ed the other two anyway. It was getting dark.

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

I went to Turlock and Modesto after work to get a couple caches and the TAG. I loaded the gps with the new waypoints but forgot to update the pages.... dadgum! I got skunked on three caches but found the tag the first time.

After reading the cache pages while logging my DNF's I read the pages and one clue gave me an idea of where I should have looked.

I probablly would have had DNF'ed the other two anyway. It was getting dark.

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/39570_500.jpg

You have no idea how funny I find this ;-p The number one GeoCacher in California couldn't find my cache. Woohoo, you made my day, Geroge.

Ok, sorry, just couldn't resist that little shot.

Jason Roysdon

jason.roysdon.net

I think that's great that George logged a DNF - not because he couldn't find it - but I oftened wondered if some geo-cacher's just didn't log DNF's.

I have logged everyone of my DNF's and quite often I feel stupid and frustrated that it seems like it's only me that can't get them.

But as I read more cache posts it doesn't seem to be the case. And of course I don't give up on the DNF's - I keep going back until I nab them.

What is the criteria for logging a DNF? I give it a good search and if I'm stumped I log it. If I show up and it's too busy of a place to look, or other circumstances present themselves that I'm unable to look for it, I don't log.

Hey George - Patterson High's Girls and Boys basketball teams will be at Riverbank High today for an all day tournament. Do you follow the sports at your School?

Cathyicon_smile.gif

...you asked how people treat DNF's, so here's my answer...pretty much like your approach.

Depending on the cache, if I look for a good 20 to 30 minutes and can't find it, I will USUALLY post a DNF as it lets people know about the difficulty (a bit) and it might let the placer know there's a problem...this is especially true if it gets three or so consecutive DNFs.

On the other hand a DNF from someone who has found a handful of caches is not NECESSARILY an indication it's not there. ALSO, a DNF from someone who has found 500 plus does not NECESSARILY indicate it is not there.

All the DNFs are simply "possible indicators".

I looked for one in Kansas in the plains that was rated a 1/1 and was an ammo can. I was 99% sure it wasn't there and turned out, it wasn't.

I have also thought they were not there and they WERE there.

As I said, only indicators. There are too many variables to say with CERTAINTY that something is gone or not gone.

Like you, if I take a cursory look because of too many people around (compromising the continued existence of the cache) I won't post a DNF. I might post a note or I might not.

We all have our precious egos to protect and I suspect that comes in to play too.

On related notes:

Many people use the clues either before going or during the search. That's what they are there for. This is especially true if you drive for an hour to find one cache, maybe two or three. I sure am not going to make a return trip for a film cannister to sign my name. Gas costs money, time is precious. Which leads me to my next point.

I have had the same experience George did. I updated the coords in my gps, but did not have the related PDA updates to go with them ! That's just imperfect prep on our parts. The PDA sheets are great though.

Phoning people for clues:

I pretty much subscribe to something Brute Force suggested. I try to call the cache OWNER if I need a clue. If I don't have the cache owner's number, I guess I MIGHT call another cacher, but I look for generalities pretty much, not "where is the cache". It's also possible to email the cache owner from home if a return trip is not out of the question ... i.e. if it is reasonably close by.

Guess I felt like typing this morning !

Ron

Jaimee,

Yes I was there and Jacob and Kelley too. I guess I have to follow up on Georege next time about making sure he loaded the pages. Men forget everything. It does increase the difficulty some when you have no idea what you are looking for. We will try to redeem ourselves on Sunday.

Did you wonder who was sneaking around your yard last night? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Mary

39570_500.jpg

I had something I wanted to comment on for a moment. I have noticed recently that lots of people are making comments about cache locations. Probably, most of us have been guilty of doing this at some time or other. You get to a spot and discover it just really isn't pleasing to the eye, there is garbage around or maybe undesirable people.

I really think that everyone needs to keep in mind that the great majority of cache placers are NOT going to purposefully place a cache somewhere dirty or unsafe! When I read some of the comments on cache pages, I get the idea that the hunters are upset at the placer. I could be totally misinterpreting things too though. I think we will also run across caches placed in nasty spots from time to time just because some people are in such a hurry to get one placed and don't really care what's around.

I have been to caches and thought "Why on earth would someone place a cache here?" and I have had others respond in a similar manner to some of my caches. I still complain about cache placements from time to time, but I am trying to be more focused in my complaints to be sure that the cacher owner doesn't feel as if I am taking it out on them (unless they deserve it! icon_razz.gif)

My guess is that most people don't see garbage, condoms, needles, bums, etc., when placing a cache. If they did, why on earth would they put a cache there?? I didn't see men doing the nasty in bushes when I placed the first cache in Tuolumne Park, but they are there.

Just my 0.02 on something that I have been thinking about recently!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:

I think that's great that George logged a DNF - not because he couldn't find it - but I oftened wondered if some geo-cacher's just didn't log DNF's.

I have logged everyone of my DNF's and quite often I feel stupid and frustrated that it seems like it's only me that can't get them.

But as I read more cache posts it doesn't seem to be the case. And of course I don't give up on the DNF's - I keep going back until I nab them.

What is the criteria for logging a DNF? I give it a good search and if I'm stumped I log it. If I show up and it's too busy of a place to look, or other circumstances present themselves that I'm unable to look for it, I don't log.

Cathyicon_smile.gif

Yeah, always nice to see other's logging DNFs. I've logged the two I've had so far, but fortunately none to log today, just 3 finds (one FTF of a cache left by george and Fallen!)

Jason Roysdon

jason.roysdon.net

.....in regard to caches which also feature old tires, used syringes, and sometimes homeless people, there is also the thought that sometimes those things come AFTER the cache has been placed.

On the other hand, a homeless camp that looks quite active which is nearby a cache that is found one day after a cache was placed would seem to indicate the cache placer didn't care if there was a homeless camp (and usually trash) nearby.

My Century Plant cache was a maybe a hundred yards from a homeless encampment which was well protected inside a big tree, and it was out of sight of the homeless person because of other trees which blocked the view. It seemed to work out OK.

A paintball course was about 400 yards away, but then those folks came near my cache and dug a pit about 12 feet away. My cache went undetected, but I took it out anyway as it was bound to be discovered as the combatants jumped around tree trunks, etc.

I had another cache suffer the same paintball invasion and I pulled it.

Unfortunately some of the places that make for good hiding of caches also make good resting spots for those folks who can hardly afford shoes let alone GPSs.

Even at the Natural Bridges caches today there were signs of humanity not at its best. I have never been able to figure out why some folks just think it's OK to throw a beer bottle (or 3 or 4) into the woods or drop them along the trail. I guess they think no one will ever know who did it so what's the difference? In fact I have a neighbor who does that in his own yard area, and he KNOWS we all know it's him. Some people just don't care.

Ron

Actually, one of the challenges that can be added to a cache could be all the elements. And that's fine if that's what the Stasher intended (Lamneth's comes to mind). icon_cool.gif

But if the Stasher doesn't somehow reference it, then I feel free to do so... not as a complaint, but more as an observation. Complaints if needed are sent to the Stasher.

It's my intention to log my find in a manner that the Stasher and other Cachers can share my journey. If I can get my humor in there too, that's even better. If my journey includes seeing women's underthere's and I think it's odd, I'll add it (and make people laugh). icon_biggrin.gif

I think the safe thing to do is to always assume whatever you read it good. Think about the author as laughing while they are writing it. If that can't be, then maybe there's a problem. Remember that swear words &*(^%^$ icon_mad.gif can be added to show emotions that we can have even thought the over all experience is good. icon_wink.gif I think I did that on one of Ron's caches that I really liked... after I found the cache. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

If the cacher's upset, let them step forward and contact the person they're upset at... not a forum. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Green Achers on January 26, 2003 at 08:40 AM.]

My take on this (if anyone cares, lol) is that no one is MAKING me cache. It's my decision to go the places that I do. It's my responsibility if I take my children to "undesirable places". And I have. I read Brute's description of Jerky Stuff. I went ahead and took my children to that cache. I parked in a dangerous location, and we searched under that bridge. Ya, I got scared. I saw drug making items and a dead animal. But I searched. For me, some of these can be a challenge.

I usually cache with my kids but without my husband. But I've taken him on a few (Tuolumne Park for instance) caches where I've been worried. I think all of the caches that I've found have been descripted very well and have warned us in advance if it's an undersirable location. Heck, one can't help it if you placed a cache and then someone decides to have a party, sleepover or whatever else after that!

Cathy

Good point Cathy. I did totally forget to mention that at one of my caches, I stop in from time to time to clean up the trash. I do this because I don't want it around that cache, I have pride in my area, it doesn't add to the caches quality and bottom line, it keeps the city grounds keepers from spending a lot of time near the cache - which would make them find it or clean it up with the rest of the trash.

I've also cleaned area other people's caches before as I don't believe in ''not my job''. Keeping caches in good order is every cachers job. Properly place them back were they go... add a Geo-note if needed... exchange a zip-lock bag when it's time... add a log sheet. It just takes a moment and you feel good knowing that the next to find will have a good hunt.

Bill of Green Achers

Great job, Jaimee. Sorry I didn't say that sooner! Got 3 of 4 this morning, just before the superbowl and hid one of georgeandmary's babies that we got this morning. It's a Members Only for now, but I'll probably change it later.

It's very close to where we live, and we haven't tried that yet, so we'll see how it goes!

Go Raiders!

Randy

PS. Here's the cache page, when it finally gets approved:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=51945

guy.gif

cvcth.jpg

Sometimes, the cacher never goes to places seen by others and doesn't know what lies ahead. (or below in this case)Jerky stuff is actually very close to street level. I never went down under the bridge to check out the area. Perhaps I can write that into the description to stop future seekers from heading into that area.

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

"Whoever gets it next needs to place it on Redwood Road in Ceres."

Be careful, the woman that lives there may start yelling at you from the doorway if she sees ya. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Virtual troubles on logs, answers, etc. My own personal solution is, don't make em, don't seek em. I just don't like em. I've done 4 and only because another cache was very nearby. However, Fallens 'micro' that requires answers to questions intrigues me. I'm missing something there?

I have a micro that you have to answer questions to get? This is news to me.

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

quote:

Hey George - Patterson High's Girls and Boys basketball teams will be at Riverbank High today for an all day tournament. Do you follow the sports at your School?

Cathyicon_smile.gif

I do believe this topic has come up before but... since you weren't here here I go...

I think everyone really has their own definition for DNFs. I think if you go out a look around for 15 minutes or more and don't have a good excuse (it was dark and I didn't have a flashlight) then log a DNF. If you can't seem to get to the area or got there and there was people in the area then I usually post a note to let the owner of the cache know that I was there.

Anyway,

70546_800.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Hey Fallen! Wha'cha doing today? Want to get together and go out after http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=50583? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I'll drive! icon_wink.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Too bad I was late reading this Bill. I need to go back to the Stockton area sometime again so let me know when.

70546_800.gif