Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I thought I read this yesterday:

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

I understand the coordinates to be N37*44.098 W121*09.985. Fizzy will need to verify. I'll look in the light tomorrow and place it with Pheromon if I find it! icon_wink.gif Otherwise, Cacher K can have at it.

Bill of Green Achers

So, does that mean that the Tag cache was moved to Pheromone sometime today, or is it still where Fizzy left it?? I hope it wasn't in a spot other than what was listed on the cache page, but stranger things have happened! We spent about 30 minutes looking but gave up when it got dark and very cold. BUT..we were looking in the area of the given coordinates, which may have been a waste of time. icon_confused.gif

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

It's where ever Fizzy let it... I've been looking for hours today. If I were to find it, I would put the bigest teepee on top of the flat bed trailer there that I could manage (and put the darn thing on the Pheromon cache lid.

I did start burning the loose wood in the fire place. That will keep some order. I'll be back out in the morning with coffee and warming my hands by the fire. Good thing it's a holiday. icon_smile.gif

Fallen, we hear you. I sure hope it wasn't me but I guess it's possible. It was Cortnie that found it and put it back. I watched to make sure and she assured me she put it back so I can only assume. I know it was real close but I'll apologise if it was us. I do believe in leaving things as good as when we find. Point noted. icon_wink.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"I'm Not Sure I Understand Everything I Know About This."

If that dude is out in plain sight, then I certainly am overdue on my eye exam!! I would think that with three people looking who already know what it looks like, it most likely would have been found..wouldn't it?? I even went way away from where the coordinates led me. For the majority of my hunting time, I kept my eyes directly on the ground and wandered around that entire area. We spent some time looking in an area where the cache might have blended in, but that revealed nothing either.

Maybe we will give it another shot tomorrow since we both have the day off. Might be just a touch easier in daylight also!

Bill...was that little husky mix pup yours too? We saw it when we were there to find Pheromone but didn't see it today..only saw a big golden retriever and a spaniel of some sort..oh, yea, and one old sad looking black dog.

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

That little husky belongs to a neighbor but the rest of the pack is ours... even the old guy. I'm sure none of them would have picked up Tag. You know, It's almost like that cache vanished... like, ahm, Magic? I'll have coffee going in the morning.

Welcome to Jason Roysdon! Glad to see you on board. We're in a hunt for the CVC Tag !!! cache. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

I decided that I am not going to make the Olive Garden dinner a cache to "find." It will be a get-together but not something you can log.

If you are interested in going, just email me with the number of people in your party. I am looking at March 1 right now, which is a Saturday.

I have no clue about what size party they can accomodate at Olive Garden, but I figure if I have plenty of notice, things should be fine. Based on that, I would like to have a final count by February 15. I will then call and make a reservation for everyone.

Jaimee

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

I decided that I am not going to make the Olive Garden dinner a cache to "find." It will be a get-together but not something you can log.

If you are interested in going, just email me with the number of people in your party. I am looking at March 1 right now, which is a Saturday.

I have no clue about what size party they can accomodate at Olive Garden, but I figure if I have plenty of notice, things should be fine. Based on that, I would like to have a final count by February 15. I will then call and make a reservation for everyone.

Jaimee

Any particular reason to not make it a cache?

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

FOUND IT! But I'm cacher i and there's a two letter rule... However, due to it's location, I have relocated it to N37*44.100 W121*09.902 and will never be so easy to find again!

In case you're wondering, it was located behind the barn, past the trailer by 5 feet, 2 feet short of the debris pile. It had grass cover at first (guessing), then stepped into the ground later (rather sure), then wood mitgrated over it (known). The funny thing is that it would have been so obvious if it was placed at any of the better hiding places.

Cacher k must now take over.

N37*44.100 W121*09.902

Bill of Green Achers

Originally posted by Fallen:

Uh, because it's not a cache..?? icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I was thinking about it, and I really thought it was silly to make a dinner a cache that people can log as a find. There will be no caching games involved..just a time to get together and eat.

I figure that if folks are going to attend/not attend based on whether or not it adds to their numbers, then that's pretty sad. It's not about another find, in my opinion; rather, it is about getting together for some good food and good conversation with some fun people!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

I was in Sacramento for a wedding this weekend and between 'I Do's' found five caches. Interesting, good coordinates, regular sized and nicely hidden even in heavily trafficed areas. It was a lot of fun. Now if only you'd do something about the fog and the cold....

Will the Olive Garden Event have a web page? I can understand it not being a cache but relying only on the forum might cut out some neat folks.

quote:

No cache

Uh, because it's not a cache..??

quote:
Originally posted by hotfoot:

Will the Olive Garden Event have a web page? I can understand it not being a cache but relying only on the forum might cut out some neat folks.

Unless your purposely trying to exclude non-forum readers, then I'd say that making it an event is the way to get the message out to the most people. Just my opinion. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Okay..here's the scoop. I think it's lame to make this kind of a dinner a "find"..if it's an event page, it will be a "cache" that can be logged..correct?

I am not trying to exclude anyone, but, take a look at who has been at the last several CVC gatherings; that would be the people who read the CVC forum. The dinner was an idea based on the fact that most of the CVC people started caching right around the same time last year.

The Sacto area folks get together regularly for dinner and conversation, and they don't make it an event each and every time. Are they trying to be exclusive?? I think not...

It's a waste of time and energy to try to please everyone in the Geocaching community. I simply was trying to put together a fun night, and I really didn't ask for opinions as to whether or not it should be an event; that was something I decided on my own and had no concerns over. Pat and I will be at Olive Garden for dinner that night. If anyone else cares to join us, cool!

Jaimee

Too bad closed minds didn't come with closed mouths.

Jaimee,

There will be two Crawford's in attendance at the Olive garden on March 1, 2003. Just let us know what time.

By the way for those of you that live in Modesto, you were "royally dissed" on The View this morning. They were talking about the Laci Peterson case and said that they didn't know why anyone would live in Modesto because very bad things happen there. I guess Modesto has a sort of sketchy reputation now.

Mary

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

That's pretty funny, actually. A woman disappears and now Modesto is horrible. The media keeps mentioning Chandra Levy in relation to this case. I know there was the connection with Condit (who is from Ceres, not Modesto), but I do beleive Levy's body was found in D.C. and not anywhere near Modesto!

Just a few years ago, Modesto was on one of those "25 safest places to live" listings...how things change, huh?

Jaimee

quote:

That's pretty funny, actually. A woman disappears and now Modesto is horrible. The media keeps mentioning Chandra Levy in relation to this case. I know there was the connection with Condit (who is from Ceres, not Modesto), but I do beleive Levy's body was found in D.C. and not anywhere near Modesto!

Just a few years ago, Modesto was on one of those "25 safest places to live" listings...how things change, huh?

Jaimee

Don't forget the Yosemite murders... the wallet was found on Brigsmore.

george

39570_500.jpg

....I tried to post a message about caches moving around and it disappeared into the ether. If anyone sees it on another forum, let me know...it was incomplete.

Basically it said that caches DO seem to move....though not on their own most of the time.

Today I ran into one (Impaired Vertical Clearance) that had only moved about .50 to .75 inches, but it was enough to completly hide it and make it different than the cache hider intended. Brute's description said it could be seen, but it couldn't.

That happens all the time even with large caches I know. I have seen my own quart sized containers move two to three feet!

I found one today and put it back a little too deeply I guess and when Fizzy found it later he pushed it (I suppose when feeling around for it) and it fell into a deeper space. So, it happens to all of us.

Anyway, those two experiences made me think of a cache hide technique that won't be able to move, so I think I'll try it.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

Hey CVC folks. Mark in Sonora here. Finally made it to the forums. Although I'm approaching 50 finds, I still feel pretty new at this. I have a question about deleting Logs...I placed a virtual here in Sonora with a mis-directing description. The title was a clue, but the description was meant to destract a bit. A cacher went to the location that the description seems to refer to, spent about an hour researching the answer then posted a FOUND IT log. Well, the answer was wrong...and was an answer about a location located about 3 blocks from where the virtual actually is...I felt bad about deleting the LOG because he had spent so much time at the museum...but dang, I don't think he used the GPS?!? icon_confused.gif Was it proper to delete the LOG, and send an email telling why it was deleted???

quote:
Originally posted by SpecialDelivery:

Hey CVC folks. Mark in Sonora here. Finally made it to the forums. Although I'm approaching 50 finds, I still feel pretty new at this. I have a question about deleting Logs...I placed a virtual here in Sonora with a mis-directing description. The title was a clue, but the description was meant to destract a bit. A cacher went to the location that the description seems to refer to, spent about an hour researching the answer then posted a FOUND IT log. Well, the answer was wrong...and was an answer about a location located about 3 blocks from where the virtual actually is...I felt bad about deleting the LOG because he had spent so much time at the museum...but dang, I don't think he used the GPS?!? icon_confused.gif Was it proper to delete the LOG, and send an email telling why it was deleted???

I would do it because you asked a specific question and got the wrong answers. If it were a traditional cache and someone found a film canister and stuck their business card in it and logged it as a find when it wasn't really the cache should you accept it. Its really up to you, but I would delete it.

70546_800.gif

quote:

Uh, because it's not a cache..?? icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I was thinking about it, and I really thought it was silly to make a dinner a cache that people can log as a find. There will be no caching games involved..just a time to get together and eat.

I figure that if folks are going to attend/not attend based on whether or not it adds to their numbers, then that's pretty sad. It's not about another find, in my opinion; rather, it is about getting together for some good food and good conversation with some fun people!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

I hate when things get a little out of hand when I ask a simple question. I think Jaimee can do whatever she wants. All she is doing is saying she wants to meet some friends at the Olive Garden on Feb 15th. No problem.

I will be there Jaimee! (I'll see if Uncleugene will be there too).

70546_800.gif

I was looking for Pepper's You've Got Mail cache and found a Letterbox cache about 15 feet away from hers (stage 1). I wrote in the log, but didn't count it as a find on Pepper's. icon_wink.gif I eventually found both stages of Pepper's but it was tough because some of the crucial info was no longer legible in stage 1.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:

Pat and I will be at Olive Garden for dinner that night. If anyone else cares to join us, cool!

Jaimee

Since it's on a Saturday, there is a good chance Joani and I can make it. We will try to let you know in advance when we know for sure. icon_smile.gif I'm sure there will be more caches in the area to keep us busy until dinner time. I can almost taste the garlic breadsticks already. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

Hi SD

I don't think there is anything wrong with deleting a find ever. I have begun to put this on my virtual pages "Please wait until I answer your email before posting your find", or something to that effect. That way, I shouldn't have to worry about deleting a log later; if someone doesn't send the correct answers, I can let them know before they ever log it.

Speaking of that, looks as if a couNple cachUers visited onTe of mine receRntly and had a touEgh timNe with one of the queAstions!!! icon_biggrin.gif

BTW...Olive Garden is March 1, Matt.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:

Hi SD

I don't think there is anything wrong with deleting a find ever. I have begun to put this on my virtual pages "Please wait until I answer your email before posting your find", or something to that effect. That way, I shouldn't have to worry about deleting a log later; if someone doesn't send the correct answers, I can let them know before they ever log it.

Speaking of that, looks as if a couNple cachUers visited onTe of mine receRntly and had a touEgh timNe with one of the queAstions!!! icon_biggrin.gif

BTW...Olive Garden is March 1, Matt.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Well the cache did say that you had to research one of the questions. I just didn't know which one. I guess I could use the weather as an excuse but oh well.

When did the date for OG change? I guess I haven't gotten enough sleep or something lately. icon_confused.gif

70546_800.gif

Matt..the one answer is there, but not right in front of you. You have to wander around a bit. Did you figure it out now??

I think you might have seen me mention 02/15 as the date I wanted to try to get a final head count so I could make a reservation.

Jaimee

quote:

Matt..the one answer is there, but not right in front of you. You have to wander around a bit. Did you figure it out now??

I think you might have seen me mention 02/15 as the date I wanted to try to get a final head count so I could make a reservation.

Jaimee

No icon_frown.gif

"Too bad closed minds didn't come with closed mouths." Sounds like an idea to me! icon_smile.gif

70546_800.gif

quote:
Originally posted by 2 for the road:

We'd love to join you in March at Olive Garden if that would be okay. Thanks! 2 for the road, Merced.

Anyone and everyone is welcome. Just email me with the number of folks who will be coming.

Jaimee

quote:

Anyone know what ever came of the idea for a picnic that some new people posted?? I haven't seen anything posted since but wondered if maybe I just missed it.

Jaimee

I've emailed them and they're still working out the details. The basically want to do an event where before you come to meet, you bring an envelope with coordinates to a cache. Inside the envelope would be the clue.

Everyone would swap envelopes, and then whatever you found you got to keep. Meet back in an hour or so... I forget the time.

There are more details and I have their email address if anyone wants to suggest ways to do it or if you see obvious problems with the scenario.

george

39570_500.jpg

Hotfoot..when did you send me answers to T.M.L? I always reply immediately when someone sends me answers to a virtual. If I didn't reply to you, then that means I most likely didn't receive the answers.

I was not referring to T.M.L. in my previous post about cachers missing questions; that was in reference to another virtual I recently placed, and I was basically giving the answer to those who missed it.

Not sure why you have a bone to pick with me icon_confused.gif I am not in any state of unrest about anyone posting finds on my caches, so your comment about "resting easy" was taken as just snide. I think I have deleted 2 finds since I started caching last year; those were both from people who never submitted answers to a virtual but logged them anyway.

Jaimee

I posted a new cache, and typo'd the Lon coord as 120 instead of 122, and then didn't look at MapQuest to verify that I had entered them correctly. I apologize in advance to anyone that might have wasted any time on this one. The cache in question is Met Creep Yet?

--Marky