Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

What, you aren't a Potterphile?? icon_biggrin.gif

We are off to cache for a few hours this morning. Pat only needs four to hit 300..I think I ONLY need 50 to hit 300! icon_rolleyes.gif

Potterphile? Isn't that when you get to be on the Megan's Law Database?? icon_eek.gif

I think if I just picked up another 234 caches today, I'd have 300 too! Congratulations in advance to Fatthur. I'm right behind you. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"Why is 'Tourist Season' not mentioned in the Fish and Game Manual?"

Just wanted to let you all know that I have the "Tag" cache. We found it on our second trip out there. Pat called George for some help, and I eventually found it. Nicely hidden!

Mike posted a note on the page saying I have it, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew and didn't head out that way. I will be hiding it somewhere tomorrow.

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

I thought you'd be FTF Jaimee. That makes you cacher A. Who's going to be B and C now? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif [Just kidding]

Meanwhile, I was out on a wild goose chase. After spending way too much time with the geese, I found out I was doing ok on my geohunt. Guess the cache is just missing so I'll return and get it back in order in the next few days. icon_frown.gif It was cold and windy and way too many tourist there. Good thing they're out of season. icon_biggrin.gif

I need a vacation... hey, that would make me a tourist!

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

I thought you'd be FTF Jaimee. That makes you cacher A. Who's going to be B and C now? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif [Just kidding]

Wouldn't YOU like to know???? heheheheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeee icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

Man..that was a looonnnggg day of caching! We left home a bit after 9 a.m. and got back after 5. Pat did hit 300..congrats icon_smile.gif

I am at 264, so I only need 36 more to make my goal of 300 before January 1. Actually, I think I will change my goal date of January 6 since that is when I start back to school. A couple of trips up to Sacramento should get me there no problemo!

Fun day..but I am bushed now. I do believe I need some Kringle Krunch, a warm bed and a good book!

Have a good week all.

Jaimee

Well, Matt and I went after T4 today. Some thoughts:

*It was VERY wet. I posted a couple pics on the T4 page if you want to see - we think we know where it is but we couldn't get to it because of the water.

*Matt may NEVER have kids now. Zach and Liam might have removed any desire he had for them! icon_smile.gif

*It was so pretty with all the water that it wasn't really a disappointment. It was a lot of fun anyway.

We'll be back. When it dries up a little!

Thanks Matt! Even though the kids didn't seem to enjoy it all that much, that's all they can talk about today!

Randy

guy.gif

cvcth.jpg

They just logged one of my caches.

As for LO goal of hitting 300 by end of break, I'd recomend going South Bay area right now. Marky's babies are spreading like wild fire. Plus you can always run by the Great Mall of Milpidas and find the store where I got my surprise container.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up and let you know I am heading out to replace "Tag" in just a few minutes. I will post a note here when I am done and will post the coordinates on the cache page.

Jaimee

Okay..no coordinates for the Tag cache yet. I ran into some technical difficulties which required me to come home for a bit. I will go back out after we have dinner.

Sorry!

Jaimee

The cache page was looking really weird for a while and I couldn't figure out why. I then realized that Carolyn's log had one really long word (all the !!!!!!!!'s) on in that made the screen really wide.

I couldn't edit it so I had to delete the log.

I wonder where it's going to end up.

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:

Okay..no coordinates for the Tag cache yet. I ran into some technical difficulties which required me to come home for a bit. I will go back out after we have dinner.

Sorry!

Jaimee

Cacher B couldn't make it. LOL [still joking] Good thing I have extra batteries for my flashlight. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

I wondered why the Tag page was so BIG!

The new coordinates are posted. As I said on the page, my apologies for not making this a scenic, quality hide. I had limited time in which I could place it because of my work schedule this week.

In all fairness to everyone, Pat will most likely jump on the computer as soon as I am done and head out to find the cache. We are the closest to it (I think we are at least), but that doesn't always matter.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:

I wondered why the Tag page was so BIG!

The new coordinates are posted. As I said on the page, my apologies for not making this a scenic, quality hide.

Don't sweat it. It's suposed to be low pressure and casual. Hide it easy/hard, near/far, oridnary place or on the trail.

I'll try to keep it off baby plant... it was dark.

george

39570_500.jpg

After looking for too long, I called for help. My wonderful wife looked up this forum (which she never does) and relayed Georgeandmary's message. It kind of sounded like they scooped it back up so we came home empty handed. icon_frown.gif Guess I'm not going to be cacher B [on going joke]. icon_biggrin.gif

Suggestion for the next to find... it would work to find this cache, take it to the next stop (even if only a few yards away) and then log the find and hide at the same time. Quick and simple. Of course, you have to find it first. icon_wink.gif

Bill of Green Achers

What time did you get out there? You must have been pretty quick.

As for your suggestion about finding/hiding logging at the same time, that would work for those who don't just pop by and grab a cache real quick like. I know that if I would have been the one to find it tonight, I most likely wouldn't have turned around and rehid it.

Jaimee

Sorry Bill for the adventure you went on. It is my fault for not logging the find quicker. I got home after finding the cache, and dinner was ready. Then I got into a show on TV. My fault, please accept my apology. I found the cache within a foot of where I left the marker, so I didn't encounter any trash. LuvOzzy didn't see any when she hid it either. As for the next hide of the cache. I will probably do it on my way to work in the morning, and post the coordinates soon after I get there. icon_biggrin.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

We got your cache log via email... left before your forum log and we live 15 miles away. I'm guessing we were there about 7:00 PM and left about 8:00 PM. Found your clue with in 2 minutes. It was a great effort. Just missing the skill now. icon_frown.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Bill..I was curious as to what you meant about the indicator that you were close. After Pat told me he built a little teepee out of sticks to show the cache was gone, I realized what you were talking about. The cache page asks to leave some kind of indication that the cache has been found, and that is what Pat did. I left a note under a rock at the first spot yesterday.

If you were there at 7, you must have missed Pat by minutes. He left here about 6:40 or somewhere thereabouts and was home just a few minutes after 7. He apparently had no trouble finding it. I purposely left it pretty much out in the open so no one would have trouble with it.

Jaimee

An uneasy fell over the place... the horses became restless... then walks in... cacher B! [nice joke! Huh?] icon_rolleyes.gif

But really, that's funny. icon_biggrin.gif This is what makes the game so fun. Only... how did Fattuhr get the coordinates so much faster if he was on his way home? Humm. The mind starts to wonder.

quote:
LuvOzzy posted December 23, 2002 05:17 PM

Grrrr

quote:
Fattuhr posted December 23, 2002 09:30 PM Tag

Sorry Bill for the adventure you went on. It is my fault for not logging the find quicker. I got home after finding the cache, and dinner was ready. Then I got into a show on TV. My fault, please accept my apology.

Humm.

[still humored - wondering who's cacher C]

Bill of Green Achers

[This message was edited by Green Achers on December 23, 2002 at 10:17 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

An uneasy fell over the place... the horses became restless... then walks in... cacher B! [nice joke! Huh?] icon_rolleyes.gif

But really, that's funny. icon_biggrin.gif This is what makes the game so fun. Only... how did Fattuhr get the coordinates so much faster if he was on his way home? Humm. The mind starts to wonder.

quote:
LuvOzzy posted December 23, 2002 05:17 PM

Grrrr

Okay..no coordinates for the Tag cache yet. I ran into some technical difficulties which required me to come home for a bit. _I will go back out after we have dinner._

quote:
Fattuhr posted December 23, 2002 09:30 PM Tag

Sorry Bill for the adventure you went on. It is my fault for not logging the find quicker. _I got home after finding the cache, and dinner was ready._ Then I got into a show on TV. My fault, please accept my apology.

Humm.

[still humored - wondering who's cacher C]

Bill of Green Achers

Well you could be. icon_biggrin.gif

On to the Tag cache. I got to work at 4:00 and I have hidden it. I will put the coordinates on the cache page as soon as I am done with this post. As for LuvOzzy's technical difficulties, I forgot to put gas in her car after I drove it last, and she didn't have any money to put gas in it. icon_redface.gif

The new coordinates are up for Tag.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

[This message was edited by Fattuhr on December 24, 2002 at 04:58 AM.]

Someone has way too much time on their hands and is also reading WAY too much into the Tag game. As for the before/after dinner timeline, I didn't realize I had to report everything I was doing yesterday..but to clarify, I decided to wait and cook dinner until LATER. I guess I should have made sure Pat knew what I had posted so that he didn't get our stories crossed icon_rolleyes.gif

Sheesh..I knew without a doubt that if Pat were the one to get the cache after I hid it that things would be said. I even told Pat that I hoped someone else got it before him just to avoid a situation like this.

Think about it..wouldn't it have been MUCH easier to just place the cache in my front yard or down the road if I wanted to be sure Pat got it? Where it was placed, someone else could have easily gotten it before him.

I wish I had never even hunted the thing now, but I wanted it off my front page.

Jaimee

Okay..I have been sitting here stewing and decided to say a few more things. I certainly can't just shut my mouth, right??

It appears that Bill is upset because he thinks I set this up for my husband. I just discovered Bill changed his user name to "I Quit" and also shows as being not active now. So, did he really quit the game over THIS???? I have sent him a private email as well.

What I don't get is what the big deal is. Bill apparently thinks he "busted" me somehow. What I can figure out is this: Bill read my post and Pat's post and decided that while I was cooking dinner, Pat already had the coordinates and was hunting the cache before I posted them. A really odd thing happened there....I didn't cook dinner until later..simple as that. I can't provide anyone with solid times because I wasn't watching the clock. We did have chili dogs (with cheese and onions) though, if anyone feels the need to know that.

The cache set for two days before even being found the first time, and it would have been a bit closer to Bill than it was last night.

If I was trying to do the A-B-C thing, the cache would have been set down in my front yard for Pat to find, and then it most likely would have been left in the Morris' driveway (that is coming from ME, not THEM). There are lots of underhanded things I could have done if I wanted to assure Pat was the next to find the cache.

Sorry to ramble, but I don't appreciate being called a liar/cheat/whatever just because someone was beat to this cache. I certainly wouldn't have been making assumptions and accusations if one of George's friends had been the FTF (well, I might have called one or two little names, but not publicly icon_wink.gif)

so, with that, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Jaimee

Just a reminder, this is a game and games are meant to be fun.

George got the idea for the tag cache after attending a Fresno area get together. He chose to do it because the cachers down there spoke so highly of it. We thought it would be something new and fun.

When we start to accuse people of cheating we start to erode our local geocaching community. I know this first hand.

I know Jaimee and Pat, they are like George and I in the fact that if there is a cache nearby they are going to go for it. I also know that it bothered them to have the cache pop up on their first page, sop they went for it. That is where it stops.

Remember games are fun.

Mary

39570_500.jpg

Randy and Matt tried for T4 on Sunday and didn't make it. So today, Matt and I decided to go for it since I still needed Single Barbless. It turned out to be the start of a good caching adventure.

Sunday the water was too high, the little water fall that is by T4 was raging. Today the water was a lot lower but it was still high around the T4 cache. Matt had to cling to the rock face and carefully make his way to the cache area. I watch for a safe distance since I had already found the cache months ago. I watched as he looked and looked until I could take no more, from what I remembered, he was in the right area and should have found the cache by now. At this point I scrambled over the itty bitty ledge that lead to the area and we both looked and looked. When I finally remembered where it was, I let Matt find it. Tomaski had left some cash in the cache for the next finders so Matt and I split it.

On to Single Barbless.

The first time I tried for single barbless, I didn't know that the coords were off. The second time I went for single barbless I knew the coords were off, but I threw my back out at the cache site. This was my third time.

We still had the off coords but at least I knew they were off, it still took us a good 1/2 hour of searching before we found that one. In the end, it's an easy obvious hide.... if the coords are right.

Sacto District...

Now, Sacto Dist is only .5 miles form Single Barbless, the normal way into Sacto Dist is though the 8 mile bar entrance but that was closed so we dicided to try to walk from single barbless. When I had throw my back out before, I had found the flume a couple hundred yards form the cache, I also remembered that Sacto dist was along the flume. It had to be the same flume so we tried to follow it.

I don't know if you've walked along the flume before but it's an easy walk and it's an interesting walk. Last time the flume was completely full and flowing fast, today it was empty. We got with .25 miles of Sacto Dist and then the flume just disapeared into the mountain side.

What to do? It was not an option to go up, and going down was out also, we either turned around now or walked through the dark tunnel. I did have a flashlight with me but the sides of the flume were tall and steep. If we got in, could we get back out? What if someone up stream turned on the water? Was it worth the risk?

Well, no, we turned around, but the area was so cool we left a micro near by.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=47195

So, if you haven't found T4 or Single Barbless, just walk a little bit further and find this little cache to make it 3 for the day. If you've made it all the way to Single Barbless, the terrain is just a 2.5 from there to the new cache.

george

maybe we should have tried it.

39570_500.jpg

LO, It seemed to me the whole time Bill was conversing about tag game, he was only joking. Hope that is the case. And, I think you should have gone for it the way you did. Who cares who finds it next? I for one, do not. Even if it was Pat. This sport/game/hobby is just something to do for the fun of it. At least, that's how I see it. If it was a fun cache to find, mission accomplished. Just think, a few more hides and you can go for it again. But, if you do, could you please leave it a tad bit closer to Merced county this time?? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Hope each and every one of you have a great Christmas

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

Did anyone see the story on the news earlier about a 28-year-old woman missing in Modesto? She is 8-months pregnant as well. Apparently, she left yesterday morning about 9:30 to walk her dog in Dry Creek park, the home of many a cache, and never returned home. A neighbor found her dog in the neigborhood about 10:30 and put him back in the yard.

How scary, and what a sad thing for her family. I would not hesitate to go hunt caches in this park by myself, especially in broad daylight! I guess it goes to show you just never know. I, of course, am working under the assumption that foul play was involved just because of everything that was said on the news.

Jaimee

That is a scarry situation. I remember about a year ago someone was killed in the park. It sorta freeked me out for awhile and I was nervous in the park. Let's hope evrything works out o.k. for that family, but it doesn't sound good.

On a lighter note, is anyone planning any fun geocaching trips over the holidays. We are going to go to Monterey on Friday and down to L.A. around the first of the year. George noticed that there are over fifty caches in the La Brea area(with in a few miles of each other).

I hope everyone has agreat holiday!

Mary

39570_500.jpg

We aren't even celebrating until Friday evening so we most likely won't be doing any/much caching over the weekend. We do want to find a time to head over to the South Bay as George suggested. Also, we will probably go down to Ventura some time after the first of the year to visit my dad and nab some caches.

Anyone have any fun plans for New Year's Eve??

Jaimee

Originally posted by Brute-Force:

I made a cache plant over in your neck of the woods. Was in Cupertino today. Watch for it. icon_wink.gif

QUOTE]

Cool, I saw it pop up. We won't be able to go for it for a couple of days because we are heading north for a bit.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

....and have finished reading a ton of watch list notifications. A sacramento group...11 cachers...came to the Stockton/Lodi area and of course each had to log their finds for my caches and GeoCricket's. I finally just started going to the cache pages and reading the find logs instead of reading all those emails one at a time.

In Kansas I found a few and placed a few, including what I think is the first magnetic (at least in the Manhattan area). No, it wasn't in a newspaper vending machine. I'll post it here after I publish it...a nice place for a magnetic.

Glad to be back and will have some time this week for some caching though my laptop needs major work too.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas...and New Year's is almost here too!

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.