Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Hey Everyone, Thanks for placeing a bunch of caches soooo close to my house. I will be getting them in the next couple of days.

NOW!!! if you all would be so kind as to place about 290 more in the next couple of weeks I can get cought up with the Crawford Clan and Ron.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Hey Patt, looks like we had some similar ideas in down town modesto.

I noticed that. Might be simialr structures, but I think hiding spots might be a little different.

Pat icon_biggrin.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

quote:
Originally posted by C&MMorris:

Hey Everyone, Thanks for placeing a bunch of caches soooo close to my house. I will be getting them in the next couple of days.

NOW!!! if you all would be so kind as to place about 290 more in the next couple of weeks I can get cought up with the Crawford Clan and Ron.

If we do that then that will just mean that they will still be 290 ahead of us. icon_eek.gif

...Pat is right, George (and Mary) and I would just find those same 290.

Famous safecracker Willie Sutton was asked, "Why do you rob banks?" His response was, "Because that's where the money is."

If you want to find caches, go to where they are. icon_wink.gif

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on December 04, 2002 at 11:13 PM.]

I agree that it is strange that certain caches go unfound and at the same time I wonder why someone who finds them waits to post them. Especially if the person is the first to find on the cache. Maybe someone can explain this logic to me. icon_confused.gif

By the way football fans little Gustine is going up against Central Catholic for the division 5 state championships this Friday. icon_smile.gif

Mary

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

If you want to find caches, go to where they are. icon_wink.gif

Some interesting stats.

Caches within 100 miles of my house: 1351

1/3 of all the caches in California are in the same 100 mile radius.

Caches in New York: 1380 (all other states have less than 1351)

Caches in Canada: 2,123 (all other countries have less than 1351, not counting the U.S., of course)

Apparently, we don't have to go far... icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

Some interesting stats.

+ Caches within 100 miles of my house: 1351

+ 1/3 of all the caches in California are in the same 100 mile radius.

+ Caches in New York: 1380 (all other states have less than 1351)

+ Caches in Canada: 2,123 (all other countries have less than 1351, not counting the U.S., of course)

Apparently, we don't have to go far... icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Some of the east coast folk are posting their maps on the forum. Look at New Jersey, it a fractioin of the size of California and it has over 1000 caches. But then I'd have to live in New Jersey.

george

39570_500.jpg

I'll make you a deal.

You explain why you haven't told why you pulled your Pushing It cache, and I'll explain why I haven't posted some of my finds yet.

In fact, I'll go first.

Yes, I was first to find Aracnophobia and some others, (surprise you when you got there?) and that was one of the reasons I didn't post them, but the main reason is that I have begun to enjoy posting 20, 30 or 40 at a time instead of piecemeal 2 or 3 at a time. I'll be posting some today from a variety of areas from the last week.

Ok, now it's your turn....what is the story on why you pulled Pushing It?

Edit:

Whoops...that was Mary's post I was addressing. Well, I would guess she knows the answer too as they are a team.

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on December 05, 2002 at 10:25 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Marty,

I was just looking at the state map zoomed into your area and I can't believe how many caches there are around you. I think you can thank Marky and Joani's Take a Cache, Place a Cache cache for some of this. I think a weekend trip is in order. icon_biggrin.gif

Mary

It's all your fault, you know. If I hadn't found some of you and George's micros on my first central valley cache-a-thon, i'd have never started hiding micros, and Marky would never have thought to ask me where i get 35mm cans. icon_wink.gif

Marty Fouts

ae6ip

Great idea Mike..where'd you come up with it?? icon_biggrin.gif

I think it's a very good idea. There are some snobs around who don't have young children and who don't like the idea of having to play gift exchange games with kids. Don't hurt your brain trying to figure out who that might be..I would be happy to share a name or two if anyone realllllyyyy wants to know!! icon_wink.gif

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

I have a wonderful idea!! I think Randy and Tammi should try for a fourth boy. My reason for this is then you two can hook up with the Kee's and do some fancy arranged marriage stuff!!!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

...after a marathon caching extravaganza...finding 100 caches in 10 days or so...I am throwing in the towel!

George was first to 500...I was first to 600...but only by a few caches.

As I've said many times before, it's mainly a matter of how much time you've got and of course how much committment to being a driven cacher.

As for myself, I'm not going to rush on to 700...or to 1,000. I'm still going to cache of course but I'm cutting back...just because they're there doesn't mean I have to have them in any given time frame...in fact if you wait awhile you can get three or four in a place instead of just the first one in there...all you experienced cachers know that.

As to my disagreements with George (and Mary) I must apologize. I let things get out of hand and I admit it. Though I'm older than they are, I'm not necessarily wiser and I make mistakes. I hope they accept my apology. Perhaps they have said things too (publicly and privately) that they regret, I don't know.

Anyway, I've enjoyed caching for almost two years now and I suspect it will be a part of my life for a few years to come.

Thanks again George for providing a challenging cache which I chose for my 600th find.

Ron

I was trying to make the event #600 but it looks like I might be 1 or 2 short. I'll be hitting a couple on the way down but I don't know if I'll make it.

I've got a pocket full of micros so I hope to spread some love around the Fresno area. I'm surprised how few caches there are in such a big city.

george

39570_500.jpg

Congradulations to Ron and George/Mary on the big Six, Owe, Owe! Looks like it was a tie. One day I hope to be in the triple digits too. I don't think I'll ever make it to 600 though. My hat off to you.

Also, thank you Ron for posting your heart felt apology. Many of us look up to you as well as George. EOS

Hey, I went out on my first night run last night - 12/6/02. Of the five caches, I found 4 and one of those was Fizzy's Magic Trig multi cache with a 4/2 rating! Talk about raising the difficulty... man. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif I wanted to take my large flash light but maybe it was better that I forgot it and had to use a little pin light instead. That was I could hold it in my mouth while writting my logs. (No, I'm not interested in a head lamp, either.) icon_cool.gificon_razz.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"Why is 'Tourist Season' not mentioned in the Fish and Game Manual?"

[This message was edited by Green Achers on December 07, 2002 at 03:06 AM.]

quote:
Bill, hope you enjoyed your night caching out here in Pleasanton, Pleasant place huh! icon_wink.gif

Pepper

Thanks Pepper for making my night caching fun. Although I grew up in Livermore, my best friend lived in P-Town. We both were licensed road racers so I've biked through there thosands of times back when. All I can say is that town has sure grown. The park that I got your caches in once was nothing but junky fields that did nothing other than grew wild grasses. Now it looks like a millionairs club. [i picture our farm looking the same one day - LOL]

I started the night with dinner at the goldenplasticfoodarches were I sat outside during the dinner rush to eat. It was kind of nice, sitting there next to the cache, looking at my GPS, eating, dropping things and having to pick them up [wink]. It funny when you know you're in the right area and you can see everything that could hide a cache but never the less, you're still missing. Great job Fizzy!

Now I'm tried. Do you think I'll get my second wind before flash light time tonight? icon_cool.gif I think I'll try wearing sun glasses to increase the challenge. icon_cool.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"Why is 'Tourist Season' not mentioned in the Fish and Game Manual?"

After deciding against sleeping in and being lazy all day, we headed out to cache a bit today.

Tried for a multi cache up in Sonora that ended up being all screwy at the end..not sure what was up with that, but I do know we spent wayyyyy too much time looking! I knew there was a reason to avoid multi caches!

I tried for help on another cache but couldn't seem to find any. Remember..what goes around comes around. Is that my phone I hear ringing? Who wants help with a cache?? Oh..sorry..no can do!! Pat has also been instructed to do the same. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

The day wasn't a total waste though. We found 8 caches AND hit the candy store in Columbia. I was surprised at how few people there were there for such a nice day.

I hope everyone has a good week! Last week of school before finals..yipppeeee!!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:

Bite your tongue woman, and hard! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

If I get pregnant, think nothing of the little bundle of "joy" that arrives on your doorstep! hehehehe icon_razz.gif

Tammi

Or will that be in a cache container. I think there's one nearby. icon_biggrin.gif

I love to look at babies..from afar. My baby will be 15 in March, and I can't even begin to imagine starting all over again with a little one...UGH!!

By the way..my apologies if I offended anyone with my comment about not wanting to exchange gifts with kids.

Jaimee

...I think it's just more proof there is life beyond caching. Unfortunately the wet and short days don't allow for much golf though!

I went hiking at Pardee Resevoir on Sunday and put in a cache there. I have 4 in there that will probably go undisturbed for awhile. Three of them are within 1/2 to 3 miles of the trailhead, but one of them is almost 10 miles from the trailhead...most cachers aren't into hiking that much, so it might have a long wait for it's first visitor.

I will be publishing one more cache there which will result in caches at 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 3 miles, 5 miles and 10 miles from the trailhead. This way people can go as far as they want and still be able to find a cache or two.

Ron