Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Got out of our caching drought (sp?) last night and went after a couple. Just missed Pat by about a half hour at one of them (Hilmar #1).

I expected to see a post from Carolyn after the "roll overs" to the effect of "Now we can start over, fresh!" lol.

BTW, Fallen, we need to set a date to go after T4 and SBH. After this weekend my work gets much less crazy...

Randy

guy.gif

cvcth.jpg

Pat..caching...last night. How funny. And I thought Pat was out running errands last night while I was at school!

Oh well..someone in our family has to be responsible I guess icon_rolleyes.gif

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

quote:
Originally posted by ZachNLiam:

BTW, Fallen, we need to set a date to go after T4 and SBH. After this weekend my work gets much less crazy...

Randy

http://www.garmin.com/graphics/guy.gif

http://www.jamzcheer.com/cvcth.jpg

I have the 28th - 1st off and my last day of work is December 12th. Pick a date, I'll check it, but basically I think any of those look good to me.

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

I honestly had to go get Food for the animals. I went to WallyWorld in Ceres and they were out of the kind we use. So I decided to go to Turlock, and I thought well I'm gonna be in the area what the heck. Isn't that what they call multi-tasking? icon_biggrin.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

...is out on the road placing caches.

When I placed one in the Snelling area on the 15th (and published it on the 17th), he was doing about the same thing. I think he was there the 16th and published on the 17th.

They both came up at the same time and as it turns out (like a couple of Manteca caches) they are VERY close to each other.

The terrain at the new ones is rougher than the Manteca caches though.

Ron (geocaching or golf?)

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

I dont have a problem with close caches. It is getting harder and harder to place caches in new places in the Valley because there are so many already (not that I am complaining). It seems every time I want to place a cache somewhere, already one exists. Maybe I should go ahead and do it anyway.

Ohh! Dinner is ready!!!

70546_800.gif

I've been around. Just not as much. Been training a new guy to take over my Fresno area run. Can't cache this week! I'm going to be getting more territory up around Concord, Antioch & SF. I got a couple this weekend and put out a couple. I still need to get the caches up by T4, so I'm available as a tagalong. icon_biggrin.gif

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

I still need to get the caches up by T4, so I'm available as a tagalong. icon_biggrin.gif

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

I don't have a problem if Randy doesn't.

70546_800.gif

Hi guys! (and girls),

I am back from the dead. Football season ended this past week, so NOW i'll have time to get caching again (and get a life again).

Congrats Bill on finally bagging the Blue Bandit, I am sorry about not checking on Kurt's Kache, it's just that I haven't had time. I'll do it tomorrow during the day and let you know if it's still there.

I made the mistake of looking at the page before this one (curiosity got the best of me after Mike's comment). Kinda disheartening for a newbie like me to read those threads. Esp. when I really look up to a couple of you guys.....

KURTULEAS

Glad to see you have been resurrected! Pat and I were just commenting a few days ago that we hadn't "seen" you around much lately. Glad to know all is well.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

Yes, dark gloom did settle here for awhile...mostly my fault I'm afraid...suffering from...???? None of this will stop the caching fun though.

I went out today and had a really good time...outdoors being great therapy.

Looked for 10

Found 8 (6 of which were FTF)

Frowny face 1

Note 1

Rehid my Cache Ninja cache as it didn't survive a couple of miscellaneous ninja enemies and avid cachers.

Ron

icon_confused.gif

Did we mess it up on Monday? I thought I left it reasonaby well-hidden... On the other hand, maybe we didn't get to see it in its icon_eek.gif virgin state.

Glad to see you stopped by Oak Say Can You See!

P.S. Do you want your current spreadsheet? I've been keeping it up-to-date, so it's ready to go on a moment's notice.

Hey Mike..did you find anything out about a potential spot for a Christmas get-together??

Congrats to the 500 club..and congrats to everyone else for whatever. icon_biggrin.gif

Jaimee

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

..and congrats to everyone else for whatever. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Jamie. I got a new rather large dent in my car today so I appreciate the congratulations!

Quiet today.

70546_800.gif

Fallen..

Glad to hear you got something today!!!! icon_razz.gif More than I got I guess. Oh..wait..I got new material to study for a test on Tuesday! Sounds like we were both rather lucky!

Any big caching plans for the weekend? I didn't realize how many new ones had been hidden lately. I would like to go out tomorrow afternoon for a bit and nab a few if possible.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen:

Thanks Jamie. I got a new rather large dent in my car today so I appreciate the congratulations!

Quiet today.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/70546_800.gif

It's amazing that you can still type, I know the pain must be unbearable. Practice the neck brace pose and find a lawyer. You might be able to afford all those new bike parts you want.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

I played hookey thursday from work to "do a little housework" which really means "do a little caching" The only problem was our babysitter couldn't babysit, So I had to lug the little guy around while I tried to bag a few 1/1. I was going to check on Kurt's Cache to make sure it's till there (90 days without a find), but I was worried about taking Peyton up there. I didn't think it would be safe. (esp on that road, or the walk to the cache)

Do you guys think that I Should close down that cache untill I get a chance to get up there? I have people telling me they can't find it, and being one of my caches, it's not too difficult....

KURTULEAS

quote:
Originally posted by kurtuleas:

Do you guys think that I Should close down that cache untill I get a chance to get up there? I have people telling me they can't find it, and being one of my caches, it's not too difficult....

KURTULEAS

Diable it if you're going to replace it. Or just disable it until you can check on it to decide if you're going to replace it.

Caching with kids can be fun. It's not always fun but I've never caches with a really little one.

Just think Just a few more weeks until xmas break.

george

39570_500.jpg

And, they're off!!! I decided to abandon studies/work today and do something remotely fun for a change...gonna hit the caches along 99 in Lodi, Stockton and Manteca. I have 22 outlined...think we can do it??

Have a fun day everyone!

Jaimee

....for this cacher...CLC.

CLC in Europe

Nothing extraordinary about it, EXCEPT, he is based in Europe somewhere and was brought to my attention by the fact that he looked at my MANNN-Teca cache.

That is one of the most interesting things about making a cache member's only. I am always surprised to see cachers looking at it whom I don't recognize. Clicking on the link shows their profile and then of course the hidden and find links give an idea of where they are from.

I've emailed CLC to see how he came to view a cache in Manteca from his spot in Europe. I don't think he's visiting our valley!

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by ZachNLiam:

Anyone know of some good caches South down 99? We're going to Marine World tomorrow and I have a couple bugs we need to drop off. Easy ones at a rest stop, stuff like that...

Thanks all!

Randy

http://www.garmin.com/graphics/guy.gif

http://www.jamzcheer.com/cvcth.jpg

I thought marine world was up by valejo. Is there another?

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Fallen..

Glad to hear you got something today!!!! icon_razz.gif More than I got I guess. Oh..wait..I got new material to study for a test on Tuesday! Sounds like we were both rather lucky!

Any big caching plans for the weekend? I didn't realize how many new ones had been hidden lately. I would like to go out tomorrow afternoon for a bit and nab a few if possible.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

It is possible I am going out sunday for a while, but I am not sure yet. Who knows!

70546_800.gif

We didn't quite get 22 today..but we did get 5!! icon_biggrin.gif Would have found six but we floundered around like idiots on one particular cache.

After hitting the new Manteca caches, I decided to mosey back towards home so I could finish up some other things I wanted to do today.

We might do a Sacramento run tomorrow. That's always good for at least 10-12 easy and fun finds.

Jaimee

Maybe I need to try after dark and see if it gets any easier!! We spent over an hour looking and found nothing. It is supposedly not covered and "visible"..if that's the case, I am really glad that my eye exam is coming up soon.

Good luck if you guys go for it..let us know if you find it!

Jaimee

Revenge is only a 3.5 in difficulty. If one is able to properly use the clue, the cache shouldn't be too tough to find. This is based on the idea that it hasn't been moved far away from its original placement though! Some people have found it right off..others haven't found it at all.

RSR is tough. Pat and I spent quite some time hunting on a hot, miserable day. We didn't find it, and we haven't gone back again. After doing some other Ron caches in the meantime, I have a better idea of what to look for now.

Oak Say seems tough, especially since I didn't find it my first time out! icon_eek.gif My guess, and this is ONLY a guess, is that who ever finds it first will do so with the aid of a clue of some sort. I am of the opinion that certain folks will be given clues for certain caches and certain other folks won't be given clues for other caches, and that's all good. I just hope that certain people remember that when they call certain other people for help!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Could that be a bit more vague?? icon_wink.gif Not naming names and not pointing fingers, of course, but it's happened frequently before and most likely will continue to happen. No one ever knows for sure when/if this occurs, but one can only speculate.

Anyway, now that I have rambled away, good luck to those who hunt for Oak Say. There is no real motivating factor for me to return anytime soon, unless of course a light bulb suddenly goes off in my head and I think of somewhere else to look icon_rolleyes.gif I have a few folks in mind for the FTF, and it will be interesting to see if my prediction proves true!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

I've emailed Fizzy with some of my thoughts on how the cache is hidden, and I'd be willing to bet money that I am right, but even given that, this is a tough hide considering conditions.

I think it's a good hide though and as I said in my note on the cache page, I'll REALLY be interested in seeing this cache.

As far, LuvOzzzy, as your circumnavigating the issue of people being given clues, and who the first or second person to find it might be, I have to ask this question.

If you, or I, or anyone, for that matter *hints* at such things as this intending to let people *know I know* without actually mentioning any names, does it really make sense? I mean if one hints at this kind of thing to let the interested parties know *something's up*, then you might as well say it out loud.

Whew, hope I made sense. I grew up in a family in the 50's and 60's where many things weren't talked about. When there were family arguments, things blew up and then over time, things got back to normal, but ever since then I think I've been more interested in putting things out in the open. I hope I did that with raising my children. Sometimes the *truth* (whatever that may be) hurts us...maybe us, maybe others, but I can't help think in the long run it's the better solution.

In this game we have *alliances* just as they do on those popular tv shows. They exist. People pretty much know who's *on their side* and who isn't. If we were all doing this for a million bucks it would make sense to *mislead* and *pretend* to me on one person's side when in fact we weren't, but as it is, I don't know, it's just a pain....I certainly include myself in this kind of thing, and I beat myself up about it too.

Well, as Fallen said...a long post. My main interest right now is in finding out where that darn thing is! I would go back in myself, but I think I looked in every one of the possibilities, so I may wait until someone finds it. I hope whoever that person might be, that he/she does it on his/her own.

Maybe if the cache goes unfound after 6 or 7 people look for it, Fizzy will give us ALL a hint, but if it's hidden the way I think it is, there will be no hint that will help find it...unless it was measured out from a fixed point.

Just my lonnnnnngggg thoughts.

Ron

..if anybody can do it, you can! But I can tell you exactly what to look for (if you don't already have an idea!).

My ideas on the identity of this cache should become first-hand knowledge to anyone as they approach the cache site. I think it's mostly a matter of intense searching more than anything else.....kind of like looking at some of my rock caches.

In fact, I went to my Diogenes (rock) cache the other day and couldn't find it! Sometimes cachers go to such length on those rock caches that the actual cache (which was pretty much on the surface) gets covered over by rocks being thrown around.

I was going back to my Diogenes to measure it out when suddenly JoRod from Sacramento found it. He's a good cacher with about 250 or so finds I think.

When it comes right down to it, we are all pretty good...people with 20 finds sometimes find one that a 200 plus person can't find...what does that do to our theory that the more we have found the better we are than others.

Go for it Mike..(and then measure it out and call me!)

Ron