Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

quote:
Originally posted by forman:

Brute-Force

Of course it is not an addiction, we are normal and the others are not. Altho, my wife is thinking

about starting a GEOCACHERS ANONYMOUS group in our area. At lease they do not throw us in jail for this addiction. All we do is bore every one around us.

Don

Tomiski Went to Geocacher Rehab. He fell off the wagon once but I think he is back on the wagon icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_cool.gif

Brute, YES!!YOU ARE ADDICTED!!!! keep it up icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

Good job Mr. Force.

You've almost made it to the first step... admitting your addicted (which you have not yet admited).

The second step is to go out and submerse yourself in caching so it becomes distasteful. This step takes longer for some than it does for others. Try 100 cache finds. If that doesn't work, maybe it's 200, or 2000.

No one's ever made it to the third step, so it's uncharted at this time. I have heard rumors that step three is the same as step one, but that's unconfirmed.

BTW, when you do these night cache runs, do you do the muddy ones first and then the ones involving water after? Or is it random/unpredictable? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"Happy Trails make Happy Tails."

Found a new addition to the local hunters. (or is that loco hunters?) Welcome Mr. Bill (not related to me). I sent him an email inviting him to the Pizza. I can't make it but I'm sure you'll do a great job of welcoming him... He's a Manteca Teacher and I believe one or more of the CVC's are too. icon_biggrin.gif

Hope everyone had a great day in the mud. icon_razz.gif

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

Ok, that's it. With my last find today, I'm done. Doing no more cache finding. At least not for 4 days! Will I be able to stand it?? Gee, what could 4 days mean? See if you can tell. I planted 2 more today. Keep a look out. icon_biggrin.gif

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

First denial (you still haven't admitted - only questioned) and now tapering off. No! There's no problems here. You're just fine. (Everything will be ok... just slowly put down the flashlight and back away.) Shwew icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Way to go George! 500... and you don't look a day over 100. icon_wink.gif

Anyone want to explain why I'm the first to fail at Fear Factor? I aint no chicken you know! icon_frown.gif The only thing there that got to me was getting [out]. Never did figure it out but I'm guessing... it's right [censored - spoiler]. Am I right? Is that where Fizzy took Pepper? icon_razz.gif Thanks George. I'll be back if time allows next summer. Congrats again.

Bill of Green Achers

...Windwalker...you'll get plenty of windwalking in this winter! Glad to have another new cacher in the area. Feel free to ask question here or email any of us.

If you want to go on a hunt together just drop me a note at my email address...I'm free everyday but Tuesday and Thursday except when golf gets in the way.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

What's this I hear about no caches being in Manteca?? It ain't so!! I planted today so keep a look out. It may not last so grab it soon. icon_wink.gif

Also: Congrats GerogeandMary! Hope I can ever get that many. I did get to 99 in 43 days though. Lemme see, 500 divided by..... dang, now I have a headache. icon_biggrin.gif Gonna eat pizza to celebrate 100th..

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

...from the NCFlyers who are doing some cache approvals now.

Seems my MANN-Teca cache is very close to Bill's, but since they were both submitted at the same time (though my was dated for the Friday I placed it) they went ahead and approved.

I don't think they would disapprove a cache this close even if it was done a year later, but maybe.

I have placed several caches within .20 miles of other caches and have gotten some complaints (mostly from purist cachers), but when people go after some of them and see there is 500 feet of elevation change, they suddently don't think it's as close as they thought.

I enjoyed my two day outing n the 680 corridor on Saturday and Sunday, and relearned what it means to hike the hills in somewhere like Mt. Diablo foothills. Makes the flatlands look good.

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by one_windwalker:

Newbie here! I'm in Porterville

Bought an eTrex ( basic yellow) and I'm ready to get out and learn how to use it. There are a couple of dozen caches that are 20 miles or less from my home so I guess I'll start there.

Just wanted to say Hi...I'm currently reading the FAQs, trying to learn something icon_wink.gif

You are always welcome here! Nice to meet you.

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Way to go George! 500... and you don't look a day over 100. icon_wink.gif

Anyone want to explain why I'm the first to fail at Fear Factor? I aint no chicken you know! icon_frown.gif The only thing there that got to me was getting [out]. Never did figure it out but I'm guessing... it's right [censored - spoiler]. Am I right? Is that where Fizzy took Pepper? icon_razz.gif Thanks George. I'll be back if time allows next summer. Congrats again.

Bill of Green Achers

I don't know. I didn't think it was all that difficult. Maybe next time we could both go out and I could see where you are(n't) looking.

Wow. Just got back from being gone for 3 days and SOOOO much has happened. Will you all slow down?!?

70546_800.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

I enjoyed my two day outing n the 680 corridor on Saturday and Sunday, and relearned what it means to hike the hills in somewhere like Mt. Diablo foothills. Makes the flatlands look good.

Joani and I are still the only finders of this cache, which requires a 6.5 mile hike in, the last .5 mile on a 'trail' that is so overgrown that you feel like you are bushwacking. It also involves an elevation gain of about 2400 feet. I was so proud of Joani, who has lost 75 pounds last year and is much more active now (200+ caches since July is active!).

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

....several incredible feats there on your FTF ...and OOTF (only one to find)!

Since only the last .5 miles is rough trail, was the first part a fire road or something that could be biked? If so, George and Fallen may want to give it a try.

The longest hike I take...one way...is usually no more than 4 miles, and normally I like a 4 mile round trip.

Ron

That was a fun cache. I'm suprised that no one else has went for it. This time of year might be a little better. The river can push you a little more. I think George and I spent have to time paddeling.

Congratulations George and Mary for hitting number 500. I'm right behind you guy's, You better start getting more caches Ron Or i'm going to pass you. icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding, An early april fool's

Mike

quote:

Since only the last .5 miles is rough trail, was the first part a fire road or something that could be biked? If so, George and Fallen may want to give it a try.

Yes, definitely bikeable. The trails are fire road in width and pretty much smooth. Very popular area for mountain bikes. Plus there are four other caches on the way up to that one if you take the right route.

Priest Rock Hopper

Priest Rock

Sierra Azul Bike Parts

El Sombroso

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:

The longest hike I take...one way...is usually no more than 4 miles, and normally I like a 4 mile round trip.

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

Are you trying to injure us Ron?

70546_800.gif

....remember it's only a game ! (but do be careful when you go after my caches while riding a bike....special bike detecting equipment may be operational which would cause an automatic dismount and hurl biking cachers down a canyon, never to compete again!)

Ron (it's only a game) Streeter

Hey all

On last count, there were 27 for the pizza party. I called to confirm our tables, and we are set for 30 at 6 p.m. After talking about all this, I realized that I don't get out of class until 5:45 that night!! OOPS!!! icon_eek.gif

Pat will be going over earlier though to make sure everything is cool. I look forward to seeing everyone!

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

...sorry I'll be working that night, but I'll be there in spirit. One of these days I'll get to meet all the new people who are joining our fun.

In some of my member only caches I am seeing some new names from people in the valley who are just beginning to become active.

Ron

Hey Bill

Want to be sure to make the next gathering?? Put one together!! icon_biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, sorry you can't make the pizza get-together.

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Hey Bill

Want to be sure to make the next gathering?? Put one together!! icon_biggrin.gif

Jaimee

"In all seriousness" ...can that happen? icon_smile.gif

See you all there.

70546_800.gif

Fallen,

Pat just pointed out to me your heading of "Rude Pizza Post", which I had missed earlier.

What I said to Bill was not rude..I was JOKING, hence the little icon_biggrin.gif after what I said.

Not sure what you were trying to say there, but I don't appreciate being called "rude" when that wasn't the case at all.

Jaimee

quote:

Not sure what you were trying to say there, but I don't appreciate being called "rude" when that wasn't the case at all.

Jaimee

Jamie,

You were not rude! It was very obviously a joke.

I guess on the internet it can be hard to decipher tone and that is why we use these..... icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

So don't worry you were fine.

Tammi icon_wink.gif

guy.gif

cvcth.jpg

Thanks Tammi! I thought the big silly smiley face would clue people in as to the tone of my note. Since Bill seems to have a pretty good sense of humor, I felt pretty confident that I could say that to him without getting him all worked up. I guess I really shouldn't worry if someone else thought I was rude, especially someone whom I wasn't directly addressing, huh?

Jaimee

quote:

Hey Bill

Jaimee

Thanks Jaimee! I've been toying with that so don't rule it out. I contacted two new cachers from Manteca today... PoohnTiger. Never met them (I think) but if they go, I know you'll all greet them.

Speaking of Manteca... Great job getting the place onto the Geocaching map. Four new caches (the one I did is weak) and no one's visited them yet. Great time to get a hat-trick (plus one) of FTF's!! Thanks to Ron and Mr. Force for planting the new city. (While you're hunting, look around and see why Manteca is so hard to find locations).

I think George would be over joyed to see an ivy planting. If I get there before him, I'm planting a black berry bush. Are they still meeting with the Hot Rods at that location every Friday Night?? icon_rolleyes.gif

Bill of Green Achers

quote:

Thanks Tammi! I thought the big silly smiley face would clue people in as to the tone of my note. Since Bill seems to have a pretty good sense of humor, I felt pretty confident that I could say that to him without getting him all worked up. I guess I really shouldn't worry if someone else thought I was rude, especially someone whom I wasn't directly addressing, huh?

Jaimee

Hey, I love humor. No problems here. Just eat a piece for me and know that I'm hard at work... slaving a way... blisters and breaking back. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif I've also let Jaimee know on the side a while back that I wanted to go. No problems and thanks for the fun. icon_wink.gif

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen:

quote:

Hey Bill

Jaimee

See you all there.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/70546_800.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

icon_smile.gificon_frown.gificon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_smile.gificon_frown.gificon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen:

quote:

Hey Bill

Jaimee

See you all there.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/70546_800.gif

Now I see a smiley there too, I think the comment is also a joke. I'd interpret it as how can we ever be all serious.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Yes, I see the smiley face next to Fallen's post as well...but, since he used the subject of "Rude pizza comment", it kinda makes me wonder what he was really trying to say.

I guess it really doesn't matter, but I was just curious as to why he chose "rude" to describe my post to Bill.

Jaimee

quote:

Yes, I see the smiley face next to Fallen's post as well...but, since he used the subject of "Rude pizza comment", it kinda makes me wonder what he was really trying to say.

I guess it really doesn't matter, but I was just curious as to why he chose "rude" to describe my post to Bill.

Jaimee

I thought it Rude was in reference to his comment to you. Not your comment to Brute.

The title doesn't quite match the his comment.

george

39570_500.jpg

After reading some logs about the key cache I think I can put some minds at easy to say that I have a spare key.

I thought of the possibility that someone might have locked the key in the cache, like today, or that the key bug would just get lost. So incase that happens, I'm prepared.

george

39570_500.jpg