Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Yes, George, great story about the keys..too bad you left out the "Here-comes-George-commando-style-with-his-headlamp" portion!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Yes, George, great story about the keys..too bad you left out the "Here-comes-George-commando-style-with-his-headlamp" portion!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

Do you mean the headlights when I drove up on Pat or my cool little led headlamp that helps me find those oh so hard to find caches.

george

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

I was referring specifically to your headlamp that you were wearing (very reminiscent of an OB/GYN doctor I used to work for!!!), but I guess the head lights on your van as you slid into the parking lot would fall in that category as well!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Hello all

Anyone read the paper yet? I think the article turned out pretty good! It will be interesting to see if there are any new recruits from the Modesto area because of this.

In case anyone missed it, here's the URL for the article

http://www.modbee.com/life/friendsfamily/story/4781125p-5794892c.html

Good job CVC!

Bill of Green Achers

Thanks to Randy, Tammi and Randy's parents for the great time tonight. I am really glad that we were able to attend.

It was nice meeting the folks whom I hadn't met before...too bad we didn't have more time to chat!

Thanks again guys!

Jaimee

Hey George

The O'Briens weren't there. Tammi said they had something else going on.

We need to plan another get-together soon..maybe just another one where we meet at a local restaurant for dinner or something.

Jaimee

I just wanted to thank everyone for coming to the BBQ last night. It was great getting to meet some new people, and catching up with the others we already knew. Thanks for all the munchies you all brought...they were great! (Mary, I need that recipe. icon_smile.gif ) And Pat, thanks for BBQing!! You saved me from turning those poor burgers into briquettes.

Anyway, the Cenral Valley Cachers are a great group and I am glad my family is a part of it.

Thanks again!

Tammi icon_biggrin.gif

Like Waldo, Carmen Sandiego and Matt Lauer, I am somewhere in the world. Can you find me?

Here is a clue:

Marilyn and I bought city bus tickets in a little shop where the old cowboy star Gabbie Hayes would have bought his...toe-backy.

In a few days I will post the url for a cache I hopefully will have found...in the meantime, feel free to guess.

I read the Mod Bee story on the internet...came out pretty good. Since the Cache Ninja was hidden on September 7 and the story didn't come out for 5 weeks, the stats are a little out of date. I see no one has gone for it yet. Maybe the ninja will get some visitors in the next couple of weeks.

Anxious to look up the bbq posts...will do that now.

More later .... from somewhere in the world.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

I thought Cache Ninja was just put up...am I totally lost?? Yes, I know it was placed for the article, but has it been posted as a cache page since that time?

I thought the Bee article was a bit interesting in one spot..said Randy was stumped by Ron's 100th cache placement..but then went on to say Ron had hidden 88...????????

Jaimee

I said it on geocaching and I figure I will say it here too. I'm glad I went to the BBQ. I had a lot of fun! I even found a travel bug. We must do this again! icon_smile.gif I would like to thank everyone that came to share stories of the interesting cache experiences they all had. This is one of the fun parts of caching. Thank you Randy, Tammi and The Parents!

George I have your diamonds. If you are home tonight I will stop by and try to donate them to you.

Just put up some new caches. Let me know what you think of this one... Margarite's Coding Cache

Have fun all!

~`Fallen`~

I am always confused, lost, or heading the wrong direction... Who cares?!?

I was surprised by the lack of chatter on this forum. I know my life has been pretty hectic lately--end of the quarter and my grades are due.

I know George already mentioned how much fun we had at the bbq, but I wanted to state that team Zach and Liam really uped the antity in party throwing. We had a great time visiting and enjoying all the wonderful food. Thanks again.

I hear tell the Morris clan was caching in Monterey on sunday...anything interesting to share.

Mary icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

I got the 'diamonds' today. Looks like I better start crackin'. Thanks for the gift.

george

Funny! You, of all people don't need to get cracking. icon_wink.gif You're faster than the aints after a feast of snickers! [Yes, George has once again solved the unsolveable and found a cache... faster than a speeding ticket.] Congradulations at being the FTF on the Margarite's Coding Cache. Thought I would be the man there but found out that I need more edumacation in C++ icon_frown.gif

Oh, well! Maybe I can beat Ron... He's in Timbucktoo (my spelling may be smelling). Or maybe I can just find Ron and bring him home. What are you up to Ron???

As far as the IQ Test Cache... I figured that out in about 5 mintues but now need to make the trip to prove it! Why did I keep getting challenged with caches that are so far away? icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

"Happy Trails become happy tales."

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Why did I keep getting challenged with caches that are so far away? icon_biggrin.gif

I think it is because you live in Ripon. I don't think anyone else lives in Ripon. icon_smile.gif I'll stick a good one out there for you sometime.

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

I need more edumacation in C++ icon_frown.gif

At least you knew it was C++. I had to just follow the code and figure out what things meant. I was a computer science major for a while before it bored me and I switched to physics. I got better grades in computer science than physics though. Go figure.

george

When I place Cache Ninja, I told the folks involved I would publish it the weekend the story appeared in the paper.

We thought it would be a week after the hunt ZachandLiam went on. Turned out it was 6 weeks from Sept 7th when we went walking, and October 13 when story came out. Randy could have backdated his find to September 7th, but he didn't. It has been there since 9/7 and should be extra camoflaged by now.

Ron

I think a 20 to 30 mile radius is a close distance from home. From Ripon, that would include many, many caches. I feel blessed.

It just turns out that the brain challenging caches keep taking me much further. It's really not a problem that needs correction but more of an observation. It's always nice to have more around but I know that I'm in the land of pleanty.

Hey, I non-cacher stumbled upon my Burning Bush Cache and did a wonderful job of logging the find and becoming a Geocacher!

[http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=31735]

It's nice to have so many good, honest people in the world... but how the heck did he find this without hunting it. (Guess you'd have to see it to truely be as surprised).

Anyone know where Gabby Hayes is from? (He's just a little out of my time period).

Bill of Green Achers

He's around. He lurks on the forums once in a while. Lately, he's been focusing on cycling. I've been spending more of my time cycling too but I'm trying to keep up the geacaching as I enjoy both. He said he's saving the geocaching for the rainy season when it's too wet to ride.

While many people loose weight geocaching, I've actually gained about 10 lbs. I'm trying to loose that 10 lbs so my cycling improves. Of course I say that with a bowl of cookie dough ice cream in front of me.

george

where are you? Now I'm pretty sure Fizzymagics's new cahce shows up on your first or second page and it is right up your alley. All the way to the top yesterday I just knew I was going to see your post in the log book saying hehehe FTF. I was really shocked to find out lil ole Pepper got there first. Congrats on the up and coming lil Vic.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

I'm around, I've just been very busy. I was traveling last weekend on business and we are in the process of moving in a couple of weeks. I'll check out Fizzy's today, I might be free tonight.

Thanks for the congrats! We're still trying to come up with a name. My wife won't let me name him Garmin. icon_wink.gif

-Mark.

Will cache for food

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

I was looking at caches above Oakdale today, planning our Big Adventure for next week, and I saw a couple by tomaski, but I haven't seen him around here...

Did he just get bored with geocaching?

I hope you manage to make it all the way to The Grotto. It hasn't been hit in a long time.

george

quote:

I was looking at caches above Oakdale today, planning our Big Adventure for next week, and I saw a couple by tomaski, but I haven't seen him around here...

Did he just get bored with geocaching?

hey fizzy,

thanks for noticing that i wasn't here.

i spent most of summer on my mountainbike.

now my wife and i are preparing for the stork

to arrive. we already have names so you can all

take off your thinking caps icon_wink.gif if we had a boy

his name would have been "fisher"hows that mr.V

i should have plenty of caches close at hand so

after dec 5 +/- my older girls and i will

probably be out on the hunt again.

see ya'll on the trails,

tomaski

kk

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Of course I say that with a bowl of cookie dough ice cream in front of me.

We all have our downfalls. We'll see what the ice cream did for you this weekend!

~`Fallen`~

At this point I am so worn out I almost don't know myself.

I am far away from home and when checking my email on this Friday the 18th of October, I saw 250 emails...many of them notifications of posts about my Fac-Pac cache in the forums. I have not gone to read all the recent discusssion, but I gather from GreenAchers comments that the discussion has spurred him to come look for it !

I will be posting a new cache soon from my remote location....hope it meets all the criteria for a cache people would want to look for !

Watch for Where's That Valet III coming soon to a computer screen near you.

A couple of the more personal emails I did check were from cachers trying to guess where I was....all will be revealed when you see the Valet III come up. I doubt any of you will be close enough to be a first to find !

I have not answered emails sent to me with answers to virtual cache questions. I hope this note will give Hotfoot and others notice that I am indeed alive and well, and will answer those emails when I get home around October 30.

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

I have not gone to read all the recent discusssion, but I gather from GreenAchers comments that the discussion has spurred him to come look for it !

Here's my final log on that thread (BELOW)... I'd say it's not as much spurred as it is well wridden. (How 'bout that for messing with english) Hum, Maybe I should change my name to Lamb-bo - the attack sheep.

I'm getting green lights for a cahing weekend... ya hoo! Tally Ho!!

Bill of Green Achers

"Happy trails make happy tales"

Ref Log:

Ever See a TV-Nut? posted October 18, 2002 09:57 AM  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice Try CJ!

quote:

Originally posted by ClayJar:

Okay, time for a thread summary by an uninvolved third party. I am not claiming to have a complete lack of opinion;

It's funny that you would attempt to summarize in such a polarized way. One can already detect your options before they get to that part.

The real question that should be at hand here is, "Why is someone that has no intention of hunting a given cache, so involved in ruining this cache for others?" I understand why Jeremy would be pondering such a question as he wants to keep some order (Thank you Jeremy). To everyone else I say... just like a restaurant, if you don't like it, STOP GOING TO IT! If everyone stops, they go out of business.

If you're just trying to protect yourself from this type of cache from infesting your State, (BTW, this one's in California... and where do you hunt caches???) consider the fact that there are 31716 active caches in 149 countries and TWO of them have ruffled everyone's feathers!

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news it that leaves 31714 caches for you to enjoy! The bad news (or more good news) is that Jeremy and the creator of a cache are the only two that absolute sovereignty over a cache. The finder only gets to choose to participate and then enjoy (or not) the experience.

I choose to hunt this one. Don't tread on me!

Bill of Green Achers

Bill of Green Achers

I had avoiding getting involved in that whole "FAC-PAC" thread, but now I had to chime in!! icon_biggrin.gif

As I said in my post on that thread, what a bunch of whining friggin' babies..sheesh!

I especially loved skydiver's words of wisdom on the subject. He says that caches should have a reason to exist beyond just being a cache...HUH???? Is that lamer than lame, or I am just slow today???

I haven't looked for the cache in question because I haven't had time to drive that far to cache lately..but I certainly would find it and then place another if time permitted..and I wouldn't even cry about it. icon_razz.gif

On another note, we get to go to the World Series Wednesday night! Do we get to sit in field-level seats? Nope icon_frown.gif Modesto High Band Boosters work at PacBell Park in some of the various food/drink stands and get a portion of the money collected. I figure I will go serve my time, buy a World Series t-shirt and get to BOOOOOO the Giant's all in the same day! From what I understand, we do get time to go watch the game. The concessions stand close after the 7th inning, so we can watch at least 2 innings. This will probably be my only chance to attend a World Series game..especially for free!

Have a good weekend all.

Jaimee

I've made a few post's on that subject myself. Jaimee is right. There is just to many babies crying about that cache.

It's cool that Jaimee and Pat get to go to the world seires. Tell Pat to watch out. You know what they say about San Fagsisco.

We are off for another day in Monterey tomorrow. Hopefully we will get to do more caching this time.

Have a good weekend. Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

I don't think it is entirely babies crying; I think there is a decent point about not getting credit for a find when you've found it and signed the log.

There is a trivial solution: What Ron could do is make it a requirement to place a cache in a specified area before giving the cacher the coordinates of the actual cache. I suppose that would be PAC-FAC, but the result would be the same without the objections, since by the time you find the cache you would have already fulfilled the requirements.

Hey Fizzy

I really don't think it's even an issue of anyone really wanting a solution. Sure, there were a few logical points made by a few sensible people, but the greatest majority of posts are just people typing so they can read their own words later (myself included) icon_wink.gif

It doesn't make one ounce of difference to me whether or not those types of caches are approved..and I don't know why such an issue needs to be made. I know this has been said a million times already in a million different ways, but if you don't like the cache, don't hunt it. Why is that such a hard concept for folks to get?? Why does there have to be any solution to Ron's cache or to any other caches of this type??

Makes no sense to me..but what do I know?? icon_confused.gif

Jaimee

Ron's in Italy???? You missed the CVC BBQ for a trip to Italy?? Sheesh..some nerve YOU have Mr. Streeter!

Hope you are having fun..too bad I won't be able to hunt for the newest "Valet" cache anytime soon!

Jaimee

quote:

I suppose that would be PAC-FAC, but the result would be the same without the objections, since by the time you find the cache you would have already fulfilled the requirements.

Excuse my ingnorace, but is there some significance to the name that I don't understand. I think there was an orginal mention of statistics (sadistics) when the cache was first mentioned. I've never taken sadistics so I don't know.

george

I've said it on the other thread and Jaimee has said it here. If you dont like the cache dont do it. How hard is that. If you read alot of the threads on this forum you will see that it's 50% cry babies. I have never seen so many grown people whine over spilled milk.

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

Here is the url for a cache I placed on Friday the 18th. It should be approved soon.

Enjoy !

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=40236&Nocache=0.7055475

I'm out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean looking for Ron's Italian cache... Is that the makings of a joke or what??? icon_razz.gif Wow, I haven't been to Italy in years. I still have some Leirra (my spelling is smelling again). Hey Ron, how about bringing some of that funny change home to plant in those future FAC-PAC's. They can go into non-FAC-PAC's too.

Now I'm wondering... do they really sell Toe-Baky out there! I didn't think they had enough room to spit with all those people everywhere.

I'm off to do some caching tomorrow so I better hit the hay. I reached 40 today (finds that is) and I'm beat. How do you guys make it to 100? icon_confused.gif

Bill of Green Achers

I was wondering if anyone was still planning on hitting the rally in December? My husband just notified me that he is planning on us attending. I can remember some men vs women comments that arose on this very forum about this rally.

Mike,

Two weekends in a row to Monterey, is this something going on or are there a lot of new caches over there?

Mary icon_biggrin.gif

Today I made one of my goals... to get 10% of Ron's finds. This may appear stupid but consider that he's retired and I have to work, and work, and work. Now all I need to do is maintain the 10%. I'm going out tomorrow to put a buffer in, incase he's going wild in Italy.

We we were in Hawaii, I hunted the first two days (a bit) and planted one and then didn't do any more. I thought I'd be hunting all 12 (now there's 13) on Kaua'i but the family just wasn't into it. That said, maybe Ron, and Mike for that manner, have vacationing on their minds and Geocaching will just have to wait.

I solved Fallens code cache and bagged it today. Matt did a good job on it. I love a good challenge and I love it when people think outside the normal. (Did I just call Matt abnormal?) icon_razz.gif

I think that's why I defended Ron's FAC-PAC... He's gone to new ground (sacrade as it may be). If people get questioned every time they do something new, soon they'll stop trying new things and caches will become the same old thing. I give independent thinkers latitude.

Bill of Green Achers