Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Well I don't know who will be looking at this forum before heading put to the BBQ. I have now officially fired it up, and will have the Salmon and Tri Tip in the smoker by 1:00. If all goes well we will be ready to eat around 5:00. Hope to see you all this afternoon. icon_biggrin.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

Thanks to all who showed up. We had a good time with all of you. It was nice to see the fellow cachers that we have already met, and new meet the new ones. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. icon_razz.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Thanks for the BBQ, it was yummy.

I think I know why your photos were getting larger when you were trying to reduce them before.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/5867_200.gif

The reason that a picture will get larger in size after you edit that is compression. A lot of

programs that you edit with will not save a file in a compressed mode. You need to find a

program that will do that for you when you save the image.

Hope this helps..

Richard

That's exactly what I was going to say.

I showed Fatuhr a way to reduce the file size of his photos so he could post them on www.geocaching.com.

He was reducing the picture size but the file sizes were getting larger. Instead I showed him how to increase the compression rate on .jpg files. Of course, if you compress too much you will start to notice the picture quality going down but if you just drop it a little, you usually won't notice it too much.

george

5867_200.gif

I had my last treatment today! I can get up really early and go caching all day long. I don't need to schedule around my doctors appointments.

That being said.. I doubt I'll get up early and go caching. The pool is being filled up and now that all the work is done I have some landscaping to do. Looks like a war zone behind my house. Lots of trash to dump and bare ground to cover.

george

5867_200.gif

Sure George I remember when you said the house trim needed painting, you went caching the very next day. Hmmm...must of painted over night. Yea that's it you could clean up the war zone tonight and cache all day tomorrow. I'm sure the wife would understand NOT! Congrats on the last treatment I bet your Mary is a happy wife.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

Anyone home?? Our little corner has been mighty quiet here lately!

I have been busy working and finishing this class I was taking..two more days!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Is everyone out caching like mad?? I am hoping to find some time over the weekend to hit a cache or two, especially if the weather is nice.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

I'm still battling that back yard. I'm having a pallet of bricks delivered thursday morning so in the mean time I've been leveling a section of the back yard to become a patio, buying a buttload of plants and topsoil to continue with the landscaping, and popping vicadin since my throat has been hurting for the past few days.

Now that my treatments are over, I'm actually starting to hurt... go figure. I have one week of vacation left so I'm going to have to start making lesson plans, especially for the new class I'm teaching... I haven't even seen the book for it yet.

But tomorrow... tomorrow I will find time to cache.

george

5867_200.gif

quote:

Now that my treatments are over, I'm actually starting to hurt... go figure.

I think that's how it is supposed to work, actually...

quote:

But tomorrow... tomorrow I will find time to cache.

IQ Test 2 is still pining for a FTF. Should I sweeten the deal? How about an 8MB Compact Flash card?

What does "FTF" mean??? It's been wayyyyy too long since I have been able to run out and nab a FTF! icon_mad.gif Actually, we racked on that last batch that the Morris' placed..forgot about that day!

I was just looking at both of your "IQ Test" caches Fizzy, and they look quite interesting/challenging. Once my brain will work again, I am going to sit down and figure out the coordinates.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Wow...Lildevil is brave! I don't have a big snake phobia, but I sure as heck would not stick around anywhere that I saw a rattler! Heck, I would have been chasing Pat down the trail...he would have ran all the way home if he had encountered that dude! icon_eek.gif

Funny that he thought it might have been a joke..some joke! icon_biggrin.gif

Lildevil is a true cacher in my book..not gonna let some lil' ol' snake get in HIS way!!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

I'm not a big fan of snakes either. Jaimee, If we are caching together and see a snake I think Pat and I will be knocking each other over trying to get out of there. You will be chaseing both of us down the trail. In Oaklahoma, when we would kill snakes around the tanks (ponds to you west coast people) We would burn them. The cent of the snake burning would keep other snakes away. So the elder tribesman Of our reservation would say.

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man...Landing is the 1st

Ron's been busy hiding caches all around. I think I counted at least 6 or 7 caches in the last day or so. Since there is now another cache not too far from Doggies Best Friend, I'll probablly head out that way soon. I just don't think I can get away with Peppers method to get to it. I'll bring my bike.

I ran down to Atwater to get the cache near the airforce base. We took the time to hit see check out the planes... not that I could avoid them but entrance fee for the 3 of us was close to $20. That's a lot of coin for one cache. I guess that's why the sweet Lord provided me with 2 locationless caches at the same spot.

Mike even has a photo of the thing and he didn't realize it was a locationless, but I think he took it before the locationless was put up.

On the way back I hid a cache. It's a quick and easy one that Pat and Jamiee should bag easily.

By the time I got home I was in the mood for more caching so I went a grabbed 4 more in Plesanton.

george

5867_200.gif

The king of creativity strikes again! I love when Ron places new caches because his pages are always so much fun to look at and read. Pat and I are going to try to find a few of the new ones on Friday morning.

Has anyone done any of the caches near Stanford?? I have to go over there in the next few weeks for an information seminar..I have decided to stick with my original education plan and apply to the Physician Assistant program at Stanford and Davis. I figure we can nab a few caches while we are in Stanford if there are any nearby. I am still trying to recruit a PILOT to fly me over there once I am accepted and have to travel there four days per week. Anyone know of any PILOTS around here????? icon_biggrin.gif

Last day of class today..wooohoooooo!

See everyone later!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Mike even has a photo of the thing and he didn't realize it was a locationless, but I think he took it before the locationless was put up.

George, What picture is that. If Carolyn would let me I would have every inch of my wall covered in aviation stuff.

Jaimee, I might know a few pilots who would be willing to fly you around in a BRAND NEW CIRRUS SR22.

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man...Landing is the 1st

Ron's been busy hiding caches all around. I think I counted at least 6 or 7 caches in the last day or so. ........

Actually 10 from June 24 to June 29. Keep watching.

Check link here and look at all the new icons at top of list.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?u=Ron+Streeter

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on August 01, 2002 at 10:40 AM.]

....here's another one of those things where people just don't know if I'm kidding or not !

Actually, it was a little of both. My real feeling on using the quotes is this:

If a long post has a PORTION that needs to be quoted so others will understand what is going on, I think that's fine, ESPECIALLY if the original material was 6 or so notes back from the RESPONSE.

On the other hand, if someone responds to a post, long or short that comes immediately BEFORE THE RESPONSE, I see no need for it.

Totally confused? Me too !

Ron (reads the posts so much I have MEMORIZED what was said !)

I just noticed that I have 142 finds after the one we just did a bit ago..only 8 to go until I hit 150. If we do Ron's new ones tomorrow, that will help me get there pretty quick! We also plan on doing some out-of-town caching on Sunday..maybe I will shoot for 200 before I return back to school in September and have no life again! icon_eek.gif

I hope everyone is having a good nite.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

....and need to email some cache hiders. Had a good time. Got there about 11:30 and cached until 6:30 at which time I implemented my anti-traffic plan....went to a movie at the Regal theatre complex until 9 pm.

Traffic was still stiff at 9, but I got back to Stockton at 10 despite two complete stops and mostly 30 mph in the Tracy area.

Ron

Traffic really sucks from Pleasanton out to the Valley, doesn't it? I don't even think about heading out that way after about 1 PM. Likewise, if I am going out caching early in the morning, I never even consider going in towards San Jose or Berkeley.

Glad to hear you had a good time in Pleasanton!

Well George, there is that ONE cache you found in the middle of San Francisco on Friday. icon_wink.gif

I went to Twain Harte for a little craft fair and then visited the tiny bergs of Soulsbyville and Tuolumne City. Quaint towns, but not much doing there.

No gps on the trip.

Ron

I went shopping for school clothes.. not for the kids, for me. I tried for another one near by but it was gone so this virtual one was easy enough. It's the classic SF view of the different colored houses on the hill top. You've all seen it on TV. Think Full House opening credits.

george

5867_200.gif

....of going back to school for me, will be having to DRESS UP a bit more than my last 9 weeks of shorts, t-shirts and hiking boots !

But on the hot August and September days to come, I will be able to get by with shorts sometimes. When I taught at a business school for 13 years, we had a dress code which was slacks, dress shirts and ties for the men !

Anyway, school time is almost here for a few of us in that profession and is bound to put a dent in the old geocaching.

Ron

Pat and I did 7 today...back over in Monterey. We left the house about 9:30 this morning and just got home at about 10:45...longgggg day. We are both sunburned and tired!

I just logged all my finds and realized I needed one more...stopped at 149..UGH!

We are probably going to try to get to Stockton one afternoon this week to do Ron's new ones...hopefully!

G'night!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

I am sure we will be back there again soon. I would like to visit the aquarium, and we have several more caches we would like to hunt for while there.

For some reason, it seemed like most of the caches we did yesterday took some time. They weren't the "run up and grab them" sort!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Hello all

Well, I hit 150 today! I had started the morning out at the park where Ron and George have both placed new caches, hoping to make Ron's new one my 150th find. Due to being followed around the park by some creepy man, my friend and I decided to leave. He was much too quiet and sneaky to just be out for a leisurely stroll on the trails..he was obviously trying to not be seen/heard for some reason..very weird. icon_confused.gif

My 150th find ended up being "Hawaii" out in Ripon. I am hoping to head back out later today to find those others, but it will most definitely be in the company of Pat! I was in the direct location of Ron's cache when we decided to head back up to the parking area...grrrrrr icon_mad.gif

Anyone else out caching today?

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

....I got your email and have responded to it.

In regard to that park, George, did you see anything unusual as we did in the park by the airport?

Anyway, congrats on your 150th...sorry it couldn't have been my Bullwinkle cache. I may have to remove it from the park if I get a bad report from George (who found it) or any other cachers who go in this week(end).

Ron

Check out what happen to me this morning! How can you be first to find when the cache is posted, but there is no cache to find. GC7B13"There's gold in that creek" What a weird morning for me. The only reason I could not find the cache is because it wasn't there yet!

Pepper

Sorry about the double reply, but usually it shows up right away, something going on really weird in my corner. I'm going to the couch now and watch Lord of the Rings and i'm not getting up. I got up once this morning, and so far it has not turned out well for me.

Pepper

Either the boards or goofy or it's my computer. I couldn't even get to the forum a little bit ago..and now that I am here, there are messages that I can't see completely.

Anyone else having weird problems here today??

Ron...I didn't think that this park had the same kind of activity going on as Tuolumne Park..BUT, there were lots and lots of nice cars parked in the lot with nobody around. These cars could very well belong to people out hiking the trails, of course. The men that I saw were just your garden variety dirtbags.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Hi Pepper

My brother had a similar thing happen to him when he was still caching. He drove over an hour from home to find a cache, only to learn it hadn't yet been placed! When he contacted the cache owner about it, she was very rude and told him that it wasn't supposed to be approved that fast or something stupid like that! I don't get why people would post the cache before they even place the flippin' thing.

Enjoy your movie!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Due to being followed around the park by some creepy man, my friend and I decided to leave. He was much too quiet and sneaky to just be out for a leisurely stroll on the trails..he was obviously trying to not be seen/heard for some reason..very weird. icon_confused.gif

:

Sounds like a typical Geocacher! Did he have a yellow gadget hanging from his neck? icon_wink.gif

-Mark

Will cache for food