Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

GO CACHN...your COWBOYS lost!

My team won...GO BEARS!

The Hubby's team won...GO STEELERS!

Even Super Grrl's team won...GO DOLPHINS!

Yeah, they hid a cache in a subway tunnel that is active. We all know that would NEVER happen! Plus, how did they even get a reading down in a subway tunnel? I agree...they over reacted BIG time! We all have done a FTF dance but seriously! I guess what they say any publicity is good publicity? :) It was a terrible example.

Edited by Wolf Grrl

I guess the 14th of November is a big day for Flash Mobs. Has anyone done one or does anyone have a spot around that we can do one? what does anyone think?

They sound really cool! Does everyone really just come and go that quickly? Bizarre! Maybe I have the wrong understanding of what they are?

I guess the 14th of November is a big day for Flash Mobs. Has anyone done one or does anyone have a spot around that we can do one? what does anyone think?

What is a FLash Mobs????????? :(

A large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. Here's my favorite one on

What is a FLash Mobs????????? :(

A large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. Here's my favorite one on

Here's the Wikipedia page about FlashMobs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob

And here is some other info I found. I guess the date is announced by the people at the Podcacher Podcast? (available free on iTunes). I haven't listened yet, but downloading the episode now (#229).

http://www.podcacherforums.com/phpBB2/view...602adc2e501e198

And here is a running bookmark list for FM's planned on 11/14: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...46-92d891248197

Edited by Bug'sMom

That is exactly what they are...a large group of cachers gather at the given location. They are given a list of coordinates to area caches and they disperse at the same time. Some of them have all cachers parade around first and what not. Some will even have a gathering afterward's to have lunch or something. It all depends on the host.

What is a FLash Mobs????????? :rolleyes:

Thanks guy for all the Info. I never knew things like this ever happend.

From the Turlock POLICE LOG - 10/20/2009:

Suspicious Circumstance 0911 Markley Park 09-10211

City Crew found what looked like a pipe bomb under a sign at the park, attached to the pole with a magnet. Once the S/O bomb squad arrived, it was determined not to be dangerous, but to be part of Geo Cache, a web site where people put little treasures to be found at different GPS coordinates, and filled with signatures.

B):)

City Crew found what looked like a pipe bomb under a sign at the park, attached to the pole with a magnet. Once the S/O bomb squad arrived, it was determined not to be dangerous, but to be part of Geo Cache, a web site where people put little treasures to be found at different GPS coordinates, and filled with signatures.

B):)

LOL they really SHOULD learn to check all bomb reports on geocaching.com first!

:rolleyes:<_<

LOL they really SHOULD learn to check all bomb reports on geocaching.com first!

My last cache I placed is made from a black plastic sprinkler and sprinkler riser. I was thinking when I made it looks like a pipe bomb. I was thinking if a muggle finds it they will think it was placed by a tree terroist to blow up a tree. GO CACHN was first to find and did not blow up. :lol:

No I did not even blow up. Thank goodness cause the event in Ripon on Saturday would not happen if I was not there. OH did I say there was an event in ripon Saturday? Just a nice get together without all the frills. just a birthday get together. Would love to meet you Team red Jeep.

We have been thinking we need to come to one of your events. We already had plans the day of Boo Bash and we have dog herding event this Saturday. ;) Maybe next time!

No I did not even blow up. Thank goodness cause the event in Ripon on Saturday would not happen if I was not there. OH did I say there was an event in ripon Saturday? Just a nice get together without all the frills. just a birthday get together. Would love to meet you Team red Jeep.

TinkyBug and I are coming after all. We were supposed to be out of town, but that's been cancelled. See you guys Saturday!

TinkyBug and I are coming after all. We were supposed to be out of town, but that's been canceled. See you guys Saturday!

Dang - I'll miss it - and I'm on the 4th quarter list too! JPD43, Fresgo, and I are headed out bright and early for another run much like the "Yokol (sp) valley run."

If you haven't seen it - do a query on caches placed by the cacher "RALLYE" - in the Lancaster area.

NO CLUE?

We hope to get at least 200 in the next 3 days. :):D

Placed a couple cache's yesterday and this is the first comments I got from a person trying to be FTF on both cache's.

"As with the other one in this area...PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY IN THIS AREA...attracts drunk fisherman"

"While Im excited to try for a FTF so near the home grounds...Im also familiar with this area...and after scope'g it out hoping I was wrong, had to turn this one down....PLEASE BE CAREFUL IN THIS AREA WITH YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY...while the river provides beautiful views....it also provides drunk fisherman"

I think she is stereo typing fisherman as drunks?

I to am fimiliar with the area, I would not recommend my wife goes there alone, but I would recommend the same for many cache locations.

Maybe she is just pissed she could not find them? :)

My question is should I remove the post as to not scare geocachers away or leave it?

Thanks

Edited by Team Red Jeep

My question is should I remove the post as to not scare geocachers away or leave it?

It's a personal choice. Some folks delete log entries like that as it seems to snowball on subsequent visits/log entries (e.g. usually gets harsher in tone).

I'm from the school of thought that as long as it's not a Terms of Use violation of the website (e.g. harrassing in nature, use of Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words" and that sort of thing), I think it's part of the cache history and leave it be. I might be tempted in a few cases, like yours, to post a Maintenance Log saying that I checked up on the caches and made sure all the "drunk fishermen" in the area had a warm meal and a place to sleep for the night :)

My 0.02, which if you add with a couple of bucks will buy you a coffee at a Bistro.

It's a personal choice. Some folks delete log entries like that as it seems to snowball on subsequent visits/log entries (e.g. usually gets harsher in tone).

I'm from the school of thought that as long as it's not a Terms of Use violation of the website (e.g. harrassing in nature, use of Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words" and that sort of thing), I think it's part of the cache history and leave it be. I might be tempted in a few cases, like yours, to post a Maintenance Log saying that I checked up on the caches and made sure all the "drunk fishermen" in the area had a warm meal and a place to sleep for the night :)

My 0.02, which if you add with a couple of bucks will buy you a coffee at a Bistro.

Thanks for your comments and input. I posted a maintenace log. Maybe I was little harsh?

My Post

" Wow, stereotyping all fishermen as drunks? You were there November 6 and seen a fisherman? All Stanislaus river parks are closed to fishing November 1 to December 31 for protection of the fall Chinook salmon run. You should have called Fish and Game.

Yes, some fishermen drink to help pass the time waiting for the big catch but it is not against the law. I have always found fishermen courteous in the area. I also have had several occasions where I have seen Fish and Game, Stanislaus River Parks Rangers patrolling the area. As with any location in the world if you don’t feel comfortable being there alone then don’t be there.

Sorry you did not enjoy the cache."

Edited by Team Red Jeep

Thanks for your comments and input. I posted a maintenace log. Maybe I was little harsh?

My Post

" Wow, stereotyping all fishermen as drunks? You were there November 6 and seen a fisherman? All Stanislaus river parks are closed to fishing November 1 to December 31 for protection of the fall Chinook salmon run. You should have called Fish and Game.

Yes, some fishermen drink to help pass the time waiting for the big catch but it is not against the law. I have always found fishermen courteous in the area. I also have had several occasions where I have seen Fish and Game, Stanislaus River Parks Rangers patrolling the area. As with any location in the world if you don’t feel comfortable being there alone then don’t be there.

Sorry you did not enjoy the cache."

With all due respect, because I don't know either you or the person who posted on your caches, but I think you're opening a can of worms with responding like that (but it's too late to retract it now, especially if that person is "watching" the caches and gets a notification with your response).

I also would be careful about discussing your exchange with her on here, because this IS the CV thread and she IS in the "CV" so how do you know she's not reading THIS? It just seems like it has the potential to get very 90210 in here, LOL!

I'm only posting this because you seem to be asking for feedback on how you're handling it. Your caches have only been out for a day, and there are a LOT of FTF-Hounds in this area. I'm sure someone will pick them up soon!

With all due respect, because I don't know either you or the person who posted on your caches, but I think you're opening a can of worms with responding like that (but it's too late to retract it now, especially if that person is "watching" the caches and gets a notification with your response).

I also would be careful about discussing your exchange with her on here, because this IS the CV thread and she IS in the "CV" so how do you know she's not reading THIS? It just seems like it has the potential to get very 90210 in here, LOL!

I'm only posting this because you seem to be asking for feedback on how you're handling it. Your caches have only been out for a day, and there are a LOT of FTF-Hounds in this area. I'm sure someone will pick them up soon!

Point taken, Thank You

I plan on making the lunch today to find out more about CV. :)

Edited by Team Red Jeep

Point taken, Thank You

I plan on making the lunch today to find out more about CV. :D

Awesome!! I'll be there with my daughter TinkyBug... I sincerely look forward to meeting you :)

So How many Caches did Tom and Doug get this weekend? So we know what we have to beat in a couple of weeks. :):angry::angry::blink:

The gauntlet is tossed! 288 CACHES! Loads at night. What a great series - the CLUE series and amended by the NO series. We even met RALLYE!! You all should plan this awesome trip. :P:P