Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I looked it up and it is a family restaurant. We will definitely be there! I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Here is a link Big Bubba's Bad BBQ

For : Ride the Bull

Note to Super Grrl: The minimum age for bull-riding is ...........6

...Because if anyone knows about 'bull', it would be Photom. :anibad:

Last I saw the CVC Banner I think was at Tom's event at the lake. I hope he didn't forget it there!

This thread is rather old and was the leader for number of postings for the first few years of Geocaching. If everyone in CVC were as gabby as the old farmer... it would still be the un-contested leader too. :laughing:

Last I saw the CVC Banner I think was at Tom's event at the lake. I hope he didn't forget it there!

This thread is rather old and was the leader for number of postings for the first few years of Geocaching. If everyone in CVC were as gabby as the old farmer... it would still be the un-contested leader too. :laughing:

The banners I borrowed are in the hands of the 2 Fers. You remember them don't ya? :anibad:

Edited by Photom

This thread is rather old and was the leader for number of postings for the first few years of Geocaching. If everyone in CVC were as gabby as the old farmer... it would still be the un-contested leader too. :D

The banners I borrowed are in the hands of the 2 Fers. You remember them don't ya? :laughing:

LOL. Ya, I remember most everyone in CVC. What I don't remember is where I put my GPSr and I hope I removed it's batteries before letting it sit for so long. ;)

If Mrs. 2 Fer has it... I'm guessing she'll return it with some of her famous 'missing cookies.' :D

We had SO much fun today--thanks everyone! I also want to announce (ahem) that I got Gabriel (GC1HV8R) to give up his coordinates tonight. I have a way with chatbots I think! Next time we're on our way to Porterville, we WILL be pitstopping to look for the actual cache. I've asked the owner to doublecheck it's still there, since there are no logs for the last 8 mo. WOOHOO!

Nice seeing everyone today. Hope you all have a great evening as well!

We had SO much fun today--thanks everyone! I also want to announce (ahem) that I got Gabriel (GC1HV8R) to give up his coordinates tonight. I have a way with chatbots I think! Next time we're on our way to Porterville, we WILL be pitstopping to look for the actual cache. I've asked the owner to doublecheck it's still there, since there are no logs for the last 8 mo. WOOHOO!

Nice seeing everyone today. Hope you all have a great evening as well!

OMG! Thanks Trish for the reminder - Gabriel told me where he lived BEFORE I PLACED EUCLID! But, I've never gone down to grab it. Let me know what Crew416 says about its status please.

Yep - it was a great non-event today. WE HAD FUN! :laughing:

I thought while I was on a roll I would try Green Achers Code Cache II (GCXGJP) and I have hit a TOTAL roadblock. UGH! LOL. I have decyphered some information, and the last half of it makes some sense, but the first half doesn't, and I am nowhere NEAR having any numbers that could be coordinates!! This is evil evil work indeed. I am a woman obsessed (or maybe POsessed!)

OMG...Bug'sMom! You are obsessed and possessed! I don't know if I can keep up. So far so good. I will try to crack that code. You motivate me! :laughing:

i hope nobody is trying to use texting on their iphones in riverbank tonight...wolfgrrl and i are sucking up all the airwaves!!! can u guys smell the smoke???

OMG...Bug'sMom! You are obsessed and possessed! I don't know if I can keep up. So far so good. I will try to crack that code. You motivate me! :laughing:

i hope nobody is trying to use texting on their iphones in riverbank tonight...wolfgrrl and i are sucking up all the airwaves!!! can u guys smell the smoke???

there has been a breakthru!! I am drinking my ovaltine!

there has been a breakthru!! I am drinking my ovaltine!

GOT IT! OMG. I need to quit while I am ahead. WolfGrrl and I make a good team. I had the first thing figured out, but didn't know what it meant, and she said "Oh! a blankety blank?" and I said "what's that?" and she provided me a link, and once I visited that link, it was a done deal! WOOT WOOT WOLFY!

LOL! Love it! :grin:

We make a great team! Hmmm...what others can we solve?! I am glad I have a great memory! Remembering where I saw a certain something something and we were on it!

Oh WolfGrrl, you are SO BUSTED LOL!!! :):P:laughing:

"Team" huh? SO I THOUGHT! I am devastated...DEVASTATED I tell you!!! Here I thought we were working TOGETHER on these code caches, but nooooooo, apparently, there was a super secret agenda? Hmm? :D

I'll have you know the first words out of SuperGrrl's mouth this morning when I picked her up for school were "My mom's on a mission to crack more code caches than you."

GASP! :o Oh Wolfy, we could have been SO GOOD together, but alas, we simply cannot compete against each other. :D I can't! :D I WON'T! (and I really "can't" during WORK during the week :D LOLOL)

You have The Hubby, a little more time, AND an extensive caching network "phone list" for hints in YOUR arsenal. I don't have those LOL! I only have like 4 ph#'s and one of them is YOURS (and we know YOUR angle now, ha ha!) ;) I don't stand a chance against you :( waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Seriously, though last night was fun! hee hee. :D Now we just need to pick those up! ;)

LOL...Oh Bug'sMom you should NEVER listen to Super Grrl! :) She mis-spoke! :laughing:

I said you have motivated me to solve puzzles! If you hadn't solved those chatbots I would have never tried. Due to the fact you did, I just had to. It was a very frustrating 2 hours for me but it was so cool to finally figure them out! Then to figure a BOGA puzzle out man o man we were on a roll! By the way who is BOGA? :grin: Does he even exist? No fear, we are still a team! We still have quite a few more to solve! Yes, I have lifeline's but I do not use them to solve puzzles. I did receive a bit of a hint for one of them which I told you about but it wasn't much of one.

Yes, now time to go grab these...hmmm...

Geez BOGA :) You cannot even manage to make it to a picnic that happened to be 5 minutes from your house! So antisocial! :grin: The MAC group made it! YEAH!!!

You missed out on a lot of fun! It was nice and relaxing and so good to see everyone!

My boss pointed out that it wasn't ''Non-Labor Day'' nor ''Day Off Day''. At least everyone else still had fun. :laughing:

LOL...Oh Bug'sMom you should NEVER listen to Super Grrl! :) She mis-spoke! :D

I said you have motivated me to solve puzzles! If you hadn't solved those chatbots I would have never tried. Due to the fact you did, I just had to. It was a very frustrating 2 hours for me but it was so cool to finally figure them out! Then to figure a BOGA puzzle out man o man we were on a roll! By the way who is BOGA? :D Does he even exist? No fear, we are still a team! We still have quite a few more to solve! Yes, I have lifeline's but I do not use them to solve puzzles. I did receive a bit of a hint for one of them which I told you about but it wasn't much of one.

Yes, now time to go grab these...hmmm...

Keep it up Ladies. Just keep it up, and I'll place my next code cache so near your home, you won't sleep for weeks! :laughing:

It's good to see interest in puzzles in CVC. It will help for this years 'Activities' which of course starts around the holidays (and takes teams of people to solve). :D I couldn't believe it last year when Wolf Grrl was not able to get one of the drops - which would have earned her an Order of Venona (that's a RARE Geocoin plus permission to solve a RARE Geocache plus Bragging Rights). I sure hope no one makes that mistake again! :grin:

WOW...the elusive BOGA emerges! :)

Place a cache? BOGA? You don't even cache nor attend events! You plan on placing one! That will be the day! :D

Why don't you keep me posted on that supposed Venona stuff? I haven't a clue about any of it! :laughing:

If you like to see it, does that mean you won't mind giving a bit of help when we need it? :grin:

WOW...the elusive BOGA emerges! :laughing:

Place a cache? BOGA? You don't even cache nor attend events! You plan on placing one! That will be the day! :D

Why don't you keep me posted on that supposed Venona stuff? I haven't a clue about any of it! :D

If you like to see it, does that mean you won't mind giving a bit of help when we need it? :D

Of course I'll help. What do you think I am? A cold hearted, snob?! :D Don't answer that!! :) Anyway, teaming up is a huge value in breaking super hard puzzles. Nudges can also be useful when you're stuck.

And for the record, I never said WHEN I'd be placing my next code cache... just WHERE. It may take me a year or so, but I will do another one sometime/somewhere! :grin:

Listening to the radio I hear a commercial. Did my ears hear correctly? I could have sworn he said geocaching. You know us geocachers, we hear certain words and it grabs our attention. I look it up and wouldn't you know...he did mention geocaching! :blink: Colleges promoting geocaching...cool! :blink: Check it out:

College Fishing/Geocaching

that is great another company making GPSrs and promoting Geocaching. Cause a high majority of people buying hand Held GPSrs are Geocachers.

Oh my. I'm late to another lesson! Drats.

University of the Pacific

Geocaching Online Registration Deadline: September 15, 2009

Geocaching Registration On-site: Walk-up registration available on event days - September 19 & 20 @ 11:30am first come – first served after pre-registered participants.

Geocaching Event: September 19 & 20, 2009 / 12:00pm-4:00pm

The sign-up deadline for Geocaching has passed.

To some of you that are not aware our very own Yosemite Girl has a voice that will amaze you! I have heard for the last 3 years that she could sing but never have I had the pleasure of witnessing it. Last week, Bug'sMom, The Hubby, TinkyBug, Super Grrl and myself attended Manteca Idol. Yosemite Girl performed one of my favorites, "Kiss Me" by Sixpense None The Richer. WOW! She nailed it! Truly a beautiful voice. Unfortunately we did not attend this week's which theme was "Movie Soundtrack". I was told that she performed a song from the Little Mermaid. After reading the Manteca Bulletin, I wish I would have gone. Here is what the reporter had to say about our very own Yosemite Girl:

The hands-down performance of the night, however, had to go to Dawn Thomas who took a page out of “The Little Mermaid” when she absolutely nailed the theme “Part of Your World” that should have been good for at least two passes. It was her soothing voice and her ability to hit every note from the Disney classic that appealed to not only the younger contestants or the children in the audience but everybody inside of the packed house.

Manteca Idol takes place at Chez Shari's on Wednesday nights. There is a cover charge of $5.00. It goes to a great cause and well I feel it is worth it. She really has such an amazing voice! You should go one week (I believe there are 10 more weeks) and cheer her on.

Y'all missed a GREAT event yesterday, Cacheport Clovis

There were 30 new caches placed.

179 cachers signed in and all departed at 11:00 in all directions.

There were bunches of brand new cachers -- some were teamed up with seasoned helpers.

It was covered on Fresno's ABC news (30) at both 6pm and 11pm.

At 5 pm - everyone returned to claim their FTF prizes along with tons of raffle prizes.

Stay tuned -- MAC is thinking about stealing that idea.... :lol::D

Y'all missed a GREAT event yesterday, Cacheport Clovis

There were 30 new caches placed.

179 cachers signed in and all departed at 11:00 in all directions.

There were bunches of brand new cachers -- some were teamed up with seasoned helpers.

It was covered on Fresno's ABC news (30) at both 6pm and 11pm.

At 5 pm - everyone returned to claim their FTF prizes along with tons of raffle prizes.

Stay tuned -- MAC is thinking about stealing that idea.... :lol::D

Is there a link to that story? If you do one I will be there.

Yesterday was AWESOME!! Special thanks to Photom & JPD43 for offering to combine forces to attack the 30 new caches placed for the event. We got 'em all and 9 extras! The Gruesome Twosome really showed the kids and I how it's done. We learned SOOOO MUCH about super-hyper-efficient-caching and even a little somethin' about personal relationships, ha ha ha!!

Seriously, we had a blast. I'm glad Photom didn't actually leave any of the caches without me (even though he thought about it...and even though I halfway climbed into someone else's car at one of the caches sites!!) We shared a lot of laughs yesterday and loved every minute of it!

Not sure if anyone has seen this new site. It has alot of neat stuff. They say it is free till the 15th of october so if you sign uip by then you get a free year. www.worldcacher.com

Oh Thanks, Greg, LOL I must have gotten distracted yesterday and forgot to put it here, too.

This is TeamForwardMotion's new site, that he mentioned at the Cacheport Clovis event. I think he envisions it being part resource, part social network, but all caching. He said he thought it would be a great way for different individuals and groups to come together. Membership will be $10/year ultimately, but like Greg said, sign up before Oct 15th and your first year is free. Looks like he has big plans for this site..can't wait to see it all come together!