Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Ok so I love going to the library. Have any of you found a cache somewhere in a library. Like a log in a book thats never checked out? I've read some where on the net about them. I think it would be fun to set one up but would probably be a high maintenance one?

I think there was a multi that one of the parts was in a book. Boga didnt you have one like that?

P.S. See we are at page 200?

Edited by GO CACHN

Ok so I love going to the library. Have any of you found a cache somewhere in a library. Like a log in a book thats never checked out? I've read some where on the net about them. I think it would be fun to set one up but would probably be a high maintenance one?

I've found several caches inside libraries. One was a regular tupperware container, one was a magnetic altoids, one was a flat strip magnet and a couple were actual books. One used the dewey decimal system.

In each case, someone on staff was involved and all had the head librarian's permission.

Ok, I need to start the discussion. It's been quiet here so hopefully this will start some chatting.

Who is going to volunteer to host the CVC Birthday Event - Third Quarter? That would include any cacher's birthdays in July, August, and September. If you know of any one who celebrated a birthday during those months, respond to this and put their names and the date. You do not have to reveal the year thus their age. We just want to make them feel special at the event by recognizing their special day! I've already hosted as well as StashSeeker. It would be nice if someone else stepped up. All you have to do is choose a place that would hold about 20 cachers (we've never had more than that) and buy the cake with the names on it. All cachers buy their own food and drinks. It's a no frills event. Meaning no raffles, etc...

July 21 - "Anja" of Deranja

July 25 - Super Grrl

August 29 - Mario Party

September 6 - "Der" of Deranja

Ok, I need to start the discussion. It's been quiet here so hopefully this will start some chatting.

Who is going to volunteer to host the CVC Birthday Event - Third Quarter? That would include any cacher's birthdays in July, August, and September. If you know of any one who celebrated a birthday during those months, respond to this and put their names and the date. You do not have to reveal the year thus their age. We just want to make them feel special at the event by recognizing their special day! I've already hosted as well as StashSeeker. It would be nice if someone else stepped up. All you have to do is choose a place that would hold about 20 cachers (we've never had more than that) and buy the cake with the names on it. All cachers buy their own food and drinks. It's a no frills event. Meaning no raffles, etc...

July 25 - Super Grrl

August 29 - Mario Party

I'm on 8/14, but I am starting to think I'm destined to never be home on the day of these events, LOL...whenever people throw the dates around, it's never one of the originals they pick ha ha! We will do our best to come this time, if we can :-)

BTW I had fun at the Target Caching Event the other night, ha ha!

July 25 - Super Grrl

August 29 - Mario Party

I'm on 8/14, but I am starting to think I'm destined to never be home on the day of these events, LOL...whenever people throw the dates around, it's never one of the originals they pick ha ha! We will do our best to come this time, if we can :-)

BTW I had fun at the Target Caching Event the other night, ha ha!

Wanna combine this with "Ride the Bull??" :)

I don't know if I can make the merced event, although if there is one closer to Modesto I will probably attend.

Another question! Are there many night caches near Modesto? Or do you pretty much have to travel pretty far out of no where to get to some?

I am sure there are a few that would tell you that all caching is night caching. but there is one out by folsom that I am hoping to do here soon. and one out by alamo. and one in fremont. but I have not heard of any out here.

I don't know if I can make the merced event, although if there is one closer to Modesto I will probably attend.

Another question! Are there many night caches near Modesto? Or do you pretty much have to travel pretty far out of no where to get to some?

Pretty Far - but worth every mile. :wub:

Nocturnal Immersion

Wait Until Dark

2 by Night

I would be willing to go any saturday night. due to right now my saturday days are so full with andrew playing footbal.

Hey all, :mad:

Remember last year when at the last minute we all gathered with our own picnic food at the park in Riverbank and had a non-geoevent? It was fun and we all had a great time. Is anyone interested in doing that again? Maybe at a different park? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, opinions?

Remember last year when at the last minute we all gathered with our own picnic food at the park in Riverbank and had a non-geoevent? It was fun and we all had a great time. Is anyone interested in doing that again? Maybe at a different park? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, opinions?

I'll come if you promise to come to the Bull Ride!

UNLESS we go to see my mom in the Bay Area, I would definitely come. That was fun.

StashSeeker made the following suggestion in the cvgeocachers.com forums:

Just and idea....Ripon is having a hot air balloon launch on labor day. There's a huge grassy area where we could throw up some tent covers (I have 2) and bring our picnic lunch. Not sure they will have bbq's available though.

Also, There is a new park area in Lathrop along the levee with BBQ's, tables etc. The park is located near a dog park.

I like the Ripon idea. I am sure it is a popular place to go to with the hot air balloons so I am not sure how early we would have to be there to stake some claim on the green. I also have an EZ-up and will be happy to bring it. Like I said in the other forum...none of us used BBQ's last year. We all just brought cold type food; sandwhiches, pasta, etc... It was last minute, casual and just plain fun! Even our Merced, not sure if they still exist caching friends showed up...LOL :ph34r: Maybe if we all place new caches they will appear. :lol:

I'll come if you promise to come to the Bull Ride!

On that subject Doug...is that place for 21 and over or is it a family restaurant? Normally establishments with mechanical bulls are for 21 and over. If it is a family restaurant then we will more than likely be there. I am trying to get The Hubby to get off work in time. However, not sure if he would be able to and well heck...I think me and my two girls can have a dinner without him, right? :ph34r:

Just and idea....Ripon is having a hot air balloon launch on labor day. There's a huge grassy area where we could throw up some tent covers (I have 2) and bring our picnic lunch. Not sure they will have bbq's available though.

Also, There is a new park area in Lathrop along the levee with BBQ's, tables etc. The park is located near a dog park.

I like the Ripon idea. I am sure it is a popular place to go to with the hot air balloons so I am not sure how early we would have to be there to stake some claim on the green. I also have an EZ-up and will be happy to bring it. Like I said in the other forum...none of us used BBQ's last year. We all just brought cold type food; sandwhiches, pasta, etc... It was last minute, casual and just plain fun! Even our Merced, not sure if they still exist caching friends showed up...LOL :unsure: Maybe if we all place new caches they will appear. ;)

I like the Ripon idea. I am sure it is a popular place to go to with the hot air balloons so I am not sure how early we would have to be there to stake some claim on the green. I also have an EZ-up and will be happy to bring it. Like I said in the other forum...none of us used BBQ's last year. We all just brought cold type food; sandwhiches, pasta, etc... It was last minute, casual and just plain fun! Even our Merced, not sure if they still exist caching friends showed up...LOL :unsure: Maybe if we all place new caches they will appear. ;)

Ops pressed the wrong button again? Yes count the family in on this one it's been a long time and is well due.

OK lets make this a reality. Park in Ripon where do the water dance is. there is a playgound for the kids a water thing for them to play in. Now we need a time. I am problly sure we will get here early to get a place. Anyone else? The merced folks mmight need to leave the night before to get here by noon if they cache on theway. LOL so See you all monday.

OK lets make this a reality. Park in Ripon where do the water dance is. there is a playgound for the kids a water thing for them to play in. Now we need a time. I am problly sure we will get here early to get a place. Anyone else? The merced folks mmight need to leave the night before to get here by noon if they cache on theway. LOL so See you all monday.

Are we talking monday as in Labor day monday?

Yes

Yes

I'll be working [surprise!] but if this goes into the evening... I'd be there.

OK lets make this a reality. Park in Ripon where do the water dance is.

Wow. I replaced Dew A Water Dance a few days ago and verified a Puzzle cache too. With any luck, I'll be able to verify/replace Bar None before the holiday. :(

Bill I was out by Bar non a few weeks ago with Stashseeker and It was not there. I even looked all over the ground below what I could.

The balloon festival is ONLY on Saturday and Sunday. Therefore, since there will not be any hot air balloons do we wish to change the location of the picnic on Monday, September 7th?

I am up for anything. anywhere. we just need to figure it out and get the word out to where and when. Anyone have any ideas we can decide on?

It's that time of year again. The Hubby will be hosting his annual event Boo Bash. This year it will be on Saturday, October 17th from Noon to 5:00 p.m. We will be working on the event cache page over the next few days. We wanted to give everyone a heads up. We hope to see every one there!

The balloon festival is ONLY on Saturday and Sunday. Therefore, since there will not be any hot air balloons do we wish to change the location of the picnic on Monday, September 7th?

I am up for anything. anywhere. we just need to figure it out and get the word out to where and when. Anyone have any ideas we can decide on?

TinkyBug and I will be there (wherever it turns out to be) but probably closer to noon-ish (not sure what time the earliest people would go). We're not going to he bay area this weekend, so looking forward to this! :P

We could or there is a park not far from Bass Pro on that back road that has a great playground area. I forget the name. If you take the backroads from Bass Pro towards Ripon it is on your right hand side. I will try to look it up. That might be a nice one to go to. However, we don't know too many parks by heart just by caching... :blink: so if any one has a better idea, do share.

We could or there is a park not far from Bass Pro on that back road that has a great playground area. I forget the name. If you take the backroads from Bass Pro towards Ripon it is on your right hand side. I will try to look it up. That might be a nice one to go to. However, we don't know too many parks by heart just by caching... :blink: so if any one has a better idea, do share.

That is Woodward park. Last night when I got to work I was thinking about that park all night. I will get some Cords If anyone has some pop ups they would be great. There is a huge area for the kids to play. I am sure the picnic tables there are reserved but we can use the Grass area there. I will plan on being there early. so After I get up today I will go over there and get cords.

I believe that park is where Slides and Swings GC10R3C cache is. Funny, I just saw your post GO CACHN! That is a cache I have yet to grab...woohoo for me! Also 3 others within a few blocks that I haven't grabbed yet. Including a StashSeeker cache!

We have an easy up and we will definitely bring it. We can also bring our beach umbrellas. This is going to be a fun and relaxing day! We are so looking forward to it.

Edited by Wolf Grrl

I believe that park is where Slides and Swings GC10R3C cache is. Funny, I just saw your post GO CACHN! That is a cache I have yet to grab...woohoo for me! Also 3 others within a few blocks that I haven't grabbed yet. Including a StashSeeker cache!

We have an easy up and we will definitely bring it. We can also bring our beach umbrellas. This is going to be a fun and relaxing day! We are so looking forward to it.

It is really a beautiful park. I will bring a frisbee also.

Sent text to a bunch...it's final...at the park in Manteca on Woodward Ave. where Slides and Swings GC10R3C is located. If any Manteca or Ripon people can get there at a reasonable time to reserve lawn that would be great! Oh yeah...what time?

Thanks for the correction Yosemite Girl!

Edited by Wolf Grrl

Ok...due to the lack of volunteers, The Hubby is hosting the CVC Birthday - Third Quarter event. It will be Saturday, September 19th from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We are working on the page tonight and hoping to have it published by tomorrow. Mark your calendars!

If you happen to know of any cacher that had a birthday during July, August, or September, please let us know so they can be included on the cake. No worries, not necessary to reveal ages, just dates!