Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Just incase there is one person here that does not have CVC Tag on there watch list. it is in the Hands of BOGA>>>

I was just curious if anyone know if there is a way to run a pocket Quirery and filter out one cachers caches from it?

Is there a connection between these two comments?! :laughing::laughing:

Tag should be out later today (after I do some homework). B)

Just incase there is one person here that does not have CVC Tag on there watch list. it is in the Hands of BOGA>>>

I was just curious if anyone know if there is a way to run a pocket Quirery and filter out one cachers caches from it?

Is there a connection between these two comments?! :D:unsure:

Tag should be out later today (after I do some homework). :D

Can Tag come out and play?

Yes. Tag is out to play. But I don't want to hear any sob stories this time. If you can't find her, just admit Green Achers is better at placing caches than your abilities to find them. Ok?! LOL

(How's that for throwing down?!)

Very well done BOGA. hopefully I can find the perfect place to put her down tomorow..

Yes. Tag is out to play. But I don't want to hear any sob stories this time. If you can't find her, just admit Green Achers is better at placing caches than your abilities to find them. Ok?! LOL

(How's that for throwing down?!)

Very well done BOGA. hopefully I can find the perfect place to put her down tomorow..

Good job, Greg. I was wondering how long that would take. I'm impressed. :unsure:

Kick, kick.

Is this thing alive?! :sad:

SSSSHhhhhh sleeping here lol

I'll tell you who's NOT sleeping...ME. Last night I dreamt I was (stupidly) alone in the woods, and being stalked by a mountain lion. It eventually pounced and I struggled and ran from that thing all night long. Every time I woke up, and realized it was just a dream, and finally get back to sleep, there it was again!

I hate nights like that! :lol:

Hope everyone else's day is better LOL!

I'll tell you who's NOT sleeping...ME. Last night I dreamt I was (stupidly) alone in the woods, and being stalked by a mountain lion. It eventually pounced and I struggled and ran from that thing all night long. Every time I woke up, and realized it was just a dream, and finally get back to sleep, there it was again!

I hate nights like that! :lol:

Hope everyone else's day is better LOL!

Chased by a mountain lion?

That reminds me - several of us are headed to Folsom on May 30th to do some caching.

The last planned cache of the day is one that is getting rave reviews, Nocturnal Immmersion

Pop me a note in you want to tag along. :sad:

To all you lurkers out there... I sent out a Geo-Zine to everyone I have an e-ddress for. If you DNF my email, you'll want to send me a private message so I can give you this cool tool as well.

----

I hope everyone's having fun in this mild weather. At least caching in the early mornings. :)

I just found Both COORDS to sanrufts and camel680s event. B) Now I hope I can make it. :)

Groundspeak wouldn't let us do that idea. The event has the correct coordinates on the page now. Something about some stupid rule that eliminates any and all fun cachers can have while trying to plan something a little different.

BUT I hope everyone attends our event on the 30th. 90020350 PLease come for some good times and a few games.

Dang it Kenny. I have that day booked. Drats. B)

Bill, We are beginning to wonder if the great BOGA is just a myth. It has been years since a "sighting"

Huh?! I was at the last MAC Event. Photom can vouch for me as well as some guy that was 'going to the store to get some paint' and a bunch of other characters. I even got skooled on finding caches. :( It's no myth... BoGA lives and is at large. I'm even planning a run in the next couple days with an infamous puzzle slayer. :D

Bill, We are beginning to wonder if the great BOGA is just a myth. It has been years since a "sighting"

Huh?! I was at the last MAC Event. Photom can vouch for me as well as some guy that was 'going to the store to get some paint' and a bunch of other characters. I even got skooled on finding caches. :( It's no myth... BoGA lives and is at large. I'm even planning a run in the next couple days with an infamous puzzle slayer. :D

Well to me it is more liek the Loch Ness Monster. others have said that they see it BUT no one really knows!! HAHAHAHA Tim and I were myths for a while there.

Well to me it is more liek the Loch Ness Monster. others have said that they see it BUT no one really knows!! HAHAHAHA Tim and I were myths for a while there.

You mean you're not a mythological story any more?! Great to hear. [Lucky dog Camel]

Hey Monty Wolf. How's that Off-Road Navigational Rally coming?! Can you tell CVC what's going on and how to get more info?

Are you crazy Bill? Monty doesn't know how to send out SHORT emails!

I can forward a few to you if you want.... :P

Huh?! I was at the last MAC Event. Photom can vouch for me as well as some guy that was 'going to the store to get some paint' and a bunch of other characters. I even got skooled on finding caches. :P It's no myth... BoGA lives and is at large. I'm even planning a run in the next couple days with an infamous puzzle slayer. :D

BOGA at the last MAC event??? Yeah - he was there for the daylight part. :D

That reminds me - several of us are headed to Folsom on May 30th to do some caching.

The last planned cache of the day is one that is getting rave reviews, Nocturnal Immmersion

Pop me a note in you want to tag along. :P

If you haven't done this one, put it on a short list of MUST DO caches.

Six of us (JimnAde, TerryandJanet, JPD43 and me) did it last night.

It was a total BLAST! :D:D

birthday_graphics_08.gif

DATE: JULY 11TH

If you missed our 1st quarter get together to celebrate CVC cacher birthday's

here's your chance to have some fun!

Come join us at Kelley Brothers Brewery Company & Restaurant located

at 112 E. Yosemite Avenue, Manteca, CA 95336 (www.kelleybrewing.com).

Cache on your own in the morning and gather for lunch to celebrate!! We

will all be purchasing our own lunches at Kelley Bros., dessert will

be provided.

Our 2nd Quarter birthdays are as follows:

APRIL: ???

MAY:

02 - Sanruft

18 - Tinkybug (10 yrs old)

18 - ~Ninja~

20 - Wolf Grrl (40 yrs old)

22 - StashSeeker

JUNE:

03 - Andrew (15 yrs old)

19 - SissieBunns (Alyssa - 8 yrs old)

If you know of any CVC cachers with birthdays in APRIL, MAY OR JUNE

please let us know so they can be added as well

Pop me a note in you want to tag along. :rolleyes:

If you haven't done this one, put it on a short list of MUST DO caches.

Six of us (JimnAde, TerryandJanet, JPD43 and me) did it last night.

It was a total BLAST! :laughing::)

I heard that was a good cache to do. BUT because of it you guys missed out on a great event here in Modesto. Lots of fun was had by those in attendance.

Hey Monty Wolf. How's that Off-Road Navigational Rally coming?! Can you tell CVC what's going on and how to get more info?

hi bill, et al:

it seems i can't write a short email message. :):anibad::anibad:

so, let me pontificate:

the rally is coming along swimmingly! rick and i have been out refining the course; we're taking our last plotting run for the next rally.

the nevada rally v. 0.1 will take place october 3, 2009 in fallon, nevada; the site of the world's first geocache navigational rally.

i have refined the rules from the rally that i previously produced to make them easier to understand and bring more geocaching elements into the event; there will be no competition between 2-, 3-, or 4-person teams: each category will have its own champions. the caches will be concealed more than the previous rallies, too.

since i'm starting from scratch with no support from gbes, or any other club, we do not yet have a 'real' website. we do, however, have a blog with many details on how the event is coming together, how to enter and what to expect for october and the coming years. nevada rally blog.

beginning may, 2010, we will be producing two rallies every year: one in the spring and one in the fall.

all of the fall rallies are limited to just 15 teams and beginning in 2010 the fall rallies will be open only to those who have participated in a previous nevada rally; an invitational event.

the spring rallies will be limited to 40 entries.

entry fees for the nevada rally v. 0.1:

two person team: $130

three person team: $195

four person team: $260

there will be approximately 50 gc.com approved caches hidden along the route, plus the event cache, which is open to anyone who comes to sign the log.

instead of two days the new rally will be just one; we'll start noonish to 1ish and go into the night until 10ish with a hot meal waiting for you and your team at one of the checkpoints.

you can always email me if you have questions: montywolf@gmail.com

hi bill, et al:

it seems i can't write a short email message. :lol::mad::D

so, let me pontificate:

the rally is coming along swimmingly! rick and i have been out refining the course; we're taking our last plotting run for the next rally.

the nevada rally v. 0.1 will take place october 3, 2009 in fallon, nevada; the site of the world's first geocache navigational rally.

i have refined the rules from the rally that i previously produced to make them easier to understand and bring more geocaching elements into the event; there will be no competition between 2-, 3-, or 4-person teams: each category will have its own champions. the caches will be concealed more than the previous rallies, too.

since i'm starting from scratch with no support from gbes, or any other club, we do not yet have a 'real' website. we do, however, have a blog with many details on how the event is coming together, how to enter and what to expect for october and the coming years. nevada rally blog.

beginning may, 2010, we will be producing two rallies every year: one in the spring and one in the fall.

all of the fall rallies are limited to just 15 teams and beginning in 2010 the fall rallies will be open only to those who have participated in a previous nevada rally; an invitational event.

the spring rallies will be limited to 40 entries.

entry fees for the nevada rally v. 0.1:

two person team: $130

three person team: $195

four person team: $260

there will be approximately 50 gc.com approved caches hidden along the route, plus the event cache, which is open to anyone who comes to sign the log.

instead of two days the new rally will be just one; we'll start noonish to 1ish and go into the night until 10ish with a hot meal waiting for you and your team at one of the checkpoints.

you can always email me if you have questions: montywolf@gmail.com

:o Bummer..John will be at sea and he knows Fallon now like the back of his hand! So sad! Maybe we'll make the next one. Have fun Monty!

For what it's worth, these rallies are the most fun weekends I've ever had caching. I highly suggest everyone go. Level of caching and/or driving is not a factor as they run classes for everyone before sending them out. Fun stuff!

Thanks for the plug Monty. (Who came up with the word, 'Briefing' anyway?! LOL

Geowoodstock 8 is being held in our (extended) backyard! July 3, 2010 in Carnation, WA.

According to the ever-reliable Mapquest that's only a 14 hour drive from Modesto.

I'm thinking the CA Central Valley contingent needs to rent a van (or two or three) and represent. Estimated vehicle rental costs would be $350 for something that'll hold 7 geocachers plus GPSr's and a change of underwear for everyone. I'm volunteering to organize the activity. Let me know if you're interested. As we get closer it'll take cash money up front to be included (also known as Judd ain't paying for everything).

I have this vision of a van full of cachers glowing with all the electromagnetic energy from multiple GPSr units and iPhones all powered up and interfering with each other. Come, share the vision.

Geowoodstock VIII or bust!!!

Geowoodstock VIII

Edited by The Hubby

Geowoodstock 8 is being held in our (extended) backyard! July 3, 2010 in Carnation, WA.

According to the ever-reliable Mapquest that's only a 14 hour drive from Modesto.

I'm thinking the CA Central Valley contingent needs to rent a van (or two or three) and represent. Estimated vehicle rental costs would be $350 for something that'll hold 7 geocachers plus GPSr's and a change of underwear for everyone. I'm volunteering to organize the activity. Let me know if you're interested. As we get closer it'll take cash money up front to be included (also known as Judd ain't paying for everything).

I have this vision of a van full of cachers glowing with all the electromagnetic energy from multiple GPSr units and iPhones all powered up and interfering with each other. Come, share the vision.

Geowoodstock VIII

Don't you think the rental company's going to get ticked when you return it painted in flowers and reeking of nature?! :D I hope everyone has fun. Call me if you can't make bail. :D

Geowoodstock VIII

Don't you think the rental company's going to get ticked when you return it painted in flowers and reeking of nature?! :D I hope everyone has fun. Call me if you can't make bail. :anicute:

Hey I hope you all behave while you are in my backyard.

I live about 7 miles from the event.

Oddly enough I will be visiting Lindsay, Ca Thursday to Tuesday and hopefully getting some time to cache.

Just look for the guy doing his best impression of a baked lobster.

Geowoodstock VIII

Don't you think the rental company's going to get ticked when you return it painted in flowers and reeking of nature?! :D I hope everyone has fun. Call me if you can't make bail. :D

Hey I hope you all behave while you are in my backyard.

I live about 7 miles from the event.

Oddly enough I will be visiting Lindsay, Ca Thursday to Tuesday and hopefully getting some time to cache.

Just look for the guy doing his best impression of a baked lobster.

Behave?! This group?? Ha. That would be the day. :anicute:

There's a lobster loose. Lindsay is 150 miles close (a little further South than the edge of the earth) so I hope you'll be stopping by (at least on visitation day)! :)

Hi Folks. Does Sacramento count as central valley or is it more Stockton/Modesto?

Anyway, howdy!

If you cache down here too many times, we'll consider you kin folk. Showing up to any of our Geogatherings is another way to get hitched to the group. Otherwise, by location you're in the RCGD stomping grounds (which are near cousin's and good people in spite). :)

Hi Folks. Does Sacramento count as central valley or is it more Stockton/Modesto?

Anyway, howdy!

If you cache down here too many times, we'll consider you kin folk. Showing up to any of our Geogatherings is another way to get hitched to the group. Otherwise, by location you're in the RCGD stomping grounds (which are near cousin's and good people in spite). :)

Ahh, yes, I see.

I've been meaning to take a caching trip down the stockton some day. It's a shame I work weekends, I'd love to get involved in some of these events.

Hey guys, I've found a few light post caches in the central valley. I am new at this and I am trying to read everything on geocaching. What is your opinion about them? I've read they aren't good and dangerous. They are great for me because once I discovered the secret about them they are easy. What is your guy's opinion?

Well, I think one of the great things about Geocaching is that everyone gets to set their own standards on what they will and won't do.

For me, standing in the middle of a parking lot and lifting someone's skirt is shameful. I'd rather drive off without a find and often do so when I realize it's a skirt.

On the other hand, I'll work endless hours talking to an AI (Euclide) or hike the highest mountains (Burning Bush) or solve the most impossible cipher (Deep Thought). [i know several of you are bummed because Deep Thought wasn't placed in CVC. Take it up with Fizzy because I took enough heat when I placed GACC III on the edge of our stomping grounds. :D ]

These are adventures to me. I already know what the underside of a skirt looks like and now they're just a black eye to me! :D

BTW, Welcome to the group Chillin209 and Arrow42. We're always glad to see more people in CVC.

Thanks Green. Believe it or not me being new I thought the hiding in the lamp post was clever. I think its just because I would have never even thought of hiding something there. But I suppose that was my first challenge and I will find even more clever spots where people hide them.

Without giving away the cache what was the most clever spot that you have found?

I agree with Kenny on those old caches (they're not Members Only btw) and will add that darn near any Ron Streeter is well thought out. [sniff, I miss him playing but know he still maintains his works so I guess he's not all that far gone. LOL] Here's my Top Ten List. I know it has 11 but that's because one's an archived virtual which I think was so informative that I left it when it was bumped.

As far as drug related finds... I have found their trash a few times. I know someone reported they found a pipe near one of my caches once and asked me what to do... akem, Call the police.

Which reminds me that one of my friends once found a few bricks of meth that was at a interstate highway rest stop. He always reminds me that I may have found more caches than he has but he's found the most drugs. Anyway, man did he get a load of attention when he called the local keystones and they said it was 'too much for them to take the report' so they had to call in some keystones with bigger guns [or whatever]. It appeared to be a drug trafficing station and my friend's life was in grave danger - until the police arrived and started accusing him of being involved. Never mind the fact that he called them. [Duh, yep]. Lucky thing for my friend was that after hearing his 'story about Geocaching' several times, one of the highly trained (and well educated) officers found the Geocache a few feet away from the drugs. My friend signed the log before leaving but couldn't log the find, in fear of the dopers being a little rattled over losing a few hundred thousand of their product. :)

My most clever find... I could tell you but then I have to [you know]. :D It was last month though and not far from CVC. :)