Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Camel680 and I dusted off our GPS's for a few hours of caching today...BOY were we rusty! We may have to dust them off a bit more often to keep our geo-senses in tune.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi you two! I beat you to the "dust off" and thats about all I can beat you too!

Hope to see you out in the field!

Janet a.k.a. StashSeeker

Edited by StashSeeker

Awesome Janet! Good to see you made it back out there as well!

Tim

Camel680 and I dusted off our GPS's for a few hours of caching today...BOY were we rusty! We may have to dust them off a bit more often to keep our geo-senses in tune.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi you two! I beat you to the "dust off" and thats about all I can beat you too!

Hope to see you out in the field!

Janet a.k.a. StashSeeker

Going to try and keep the batteries warm this time around. And I agree, we definitely need to caching together again soon. Maybe a little bike caching...(So long as Judd can show me how to lock down the bicycles on the rack!) :)

Hey Sanruft,

It is so nice to hear you are back out there again! We'll have to cache together some time. Now, don't let that GPS build the dust back up. :D

Has any one ever found one of these? looks lke there pretty cool...not sure if I would drop 5.49 on each one?

http://www.geogems.us/

They are pretty cool. However, with regular travel bugs and geo-coins being stolen on a frequent basis, want to bet on how long these would stay in circulation?

I have seen them online and would love to own an emerald one (birthstone). Not sure I could

release it though Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Has any one ever found one of these? looks lke there pretty cool...not sure if I would drop 5.49 on each one?

http://www.geogems.us/

They are pretty cool. However, with regular travel bugs and geo-coins being stolen on a frequent basis, want to bet on how long these would stay in circulation?

AND SPEAKING OF GEMS..............I would like to tell you all about a wonderful thing that happened about 3 1/2 hours ago. Happy to be First is now Happy to be married! Our friend was married today and it was a really nice ceremony at the groom's new ministry. Of course this was a beautiful and fun ceremony. Of course the photographer couldn't stand not being the center of attention, so he backed into the chimes on the wall behind the proceedings and the minister without missing a beat was thankful for the bells. (Way to go Photom!) I didn't think there was enough blood in a body to make his face as red as it turned! Congratulations Sue & Bert!

I have one of those Emerald Geo Gems and NO WAY am I putting that out for circulation! I take it to events for discovery. The Hubby has a sapphire one and Super Grrl has a ruby one.

CONGRATS to Sue & Bert! He's a smart man! One for marrying Sue and two for making his anniversary a date that is easy to remember! ;)

BOGA...if YAKSALOT is working at the time of the event well hey that is as good as attending as anything else! At least in my book...however it's not my event. In fact, if she is there before it starts is that a FTF? B)

GO CACHN...I am really looking forward to your event! I did email a bunch of out of area people that might not have our area on their mileage for notifications. Here's hoping they can come. I know GeoRana is in Paris, France he won't be making it. I know who would want to be there when you can be at an event?...I just don't get it. :mad: Qwestir & Tearmom are hoping to make it. She's been out of the area a lot. I'm trying to get people's attention. It's a great event to start off the season for events.

Now I have to go make reservations for my Spring Fling soon. That will be in April some time. Everyone write down April 18th for the infamous Micke Grove event in Lodi.

New to the forums and thought I would check in and say hello! I am from Hanford, Ca where me and my husband live. He is in the Navy and we have really gotten into this caching! Nice to see so many other people untied in an outdoor sport!!!!

Happy caching!

Jodi/ Pegasus3 :mad:

Hi Jodi, and welcome. Thanks to you and your husband for serving our country (military spouses serve as well just in a different way, and we couldn't do it without them). There is a really active group of folks down in your area that have a page called Dry Creek Geocachers http://drycreekgeocachers.com. They are a fun group of folks and some very creative and competitive people, there are a few that are really FTF hounds, but then every area has a few of those. Have a ball!

It's Crescent Supply Hardware...Great place for cachers. Lots of different container options as well as an assortment of ammo containers.

I am trying to get some ammo cans for the raffle tomorrow. any ideas where I can find some? with out mailorder

In Modesto there is a surplus. It's downtown. I don't recall the name but Deranja's know the name. It's about 3 blocks west of the DoubleTree Hotel.

for all that were there. I think the event went over Great. looks like we have 36 racers in the race. I should have all the Travel bugs listed and going to try to keep up on there current stats weekly. Trying to figure out how to do it in the CVGeocachers page now. Once again Thanks for all that attended.

Thank you GOCACHN for putting on the event. It was fun. It was so nice to see everyone. It feels like it's been ages since we all seen each other! I'm ready for the next event!

I'm thinking about having one in March just to celebrate ALL January, February & March birthday's. When I decide and date/time and venue I will NEED everyone's help on disclosing their birthday's so I DO NOT leave anyone out on the cake. Ok...I just looked at a calendar and I am considering March 21st at Suzey Belen's (Mexican) in Oakdale. It's affordable and good.

Please keep your eyes open for my annual Spring Fling event. I will be going to the city tomorrow to hopefully reserve the same park and area as Boo Bash on April 4th. This will be an ALL-DAY event. For those of you who did not attend Boo Bash it is at Jacob Myer Park in Riverbank.

I don't know about any one else but I am aiming to have at least one event a month for the rest of the year. WOOHOO! :yikes:

I have submitted my Spring Fling 2 event. It will be on Saturday March 28th at Jacob Myers Park in Riverbank. The date I wanted was booked.

I will also be hosting CVC First Quarter Birthday event on April 4th at Suzey Belen's in Oakdale. I have not made the cache event page yet but I will.

FYI - Keep your eyes open for MAC's annual Smores-n-Snores event that may be held on April 24th/25th.

FYI - Another event to keep your eyes open for is Micke Grove Event in Lodi on April 18th.

Looks like a great year of fun-filled events!

;) LOL...hey that was you're own fault when you decided to get all testy about the Steelers. Now you're stuck with it until we move on to another page. I don't know where everyone is. I wish people weren't so quiet in these forums. It seems like it goes in waves. I just realized that we may be doing the same thing as last year's Smores-n-Snores...leaving and coming back. I'm pretty sure Skyler will be playing softball at that time...darn it!

If you have any virtuals check this out because it seems fishy. Someone new today named The-Sledge is back logging oooogles of virtuals as we speak. Seems to be going alphabetical by state beginning with Alaska and now into Arizona.

Was there suppose to be a link? I'm going to go on gc.com and look this person up. I have to ask, why? Why do some people do this? It's lame! It's maddening! Thanks 2fortheroad for sharing!

If you have any virtuals check this out because it seems fishy. Someone new today named The-Sledge is back logging oooogles of virtuals as we speak. Seems to be going alphabetical by state beginning with Alaska and now into Arizona.

Was there suppose to be a link? I'm going to go on gc.com and look this person up. I have to ask, why? Why do some people do this? It's lame! It's maddening! Thanks 2fortheroad for sharing!

I looked the person up, and they apparently "logged" finds yesterday in Alaska AND Vermont...busy guy!

Sorry, Wolf Grrl, there was no link. I'm too lame to know how to do that!! I just meant, go look this dude up. I'm glad the situation was successfully resolved. It was probably just some dippy prankster trying to see how long it would take him/her to be caught. Or someone with no life. Our Alaska cache was one of the first logged because they only had 22 caches at the time I got my notification. Then I watched the count climb to over 200 in a heartbeat. Cut and paste is pretty quick.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. (And I hope this makes the yellow go away, Greg!)

B) Man o man...did I get my butt chewed a bit for posting a warning in each region about The-Sledge. I thought since he is logging phoney finds in all states meaning all regions why not help out cachers in that area and alert them. Right? I figured not all cachers cruise all forums thinking maybe just their regional forums so I thought I would help out. Some moderators got all pissy about it, telling me I violated some forum posting rules. NOTE TO SELF...don't help out ever again! Got it! :D

Some need to relax a bit!