Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

YES, I need to do some venting on that new cache in Oakdale "GC1JZR2". :lol: I understand you don't even have to look for them anymore, just be on the phone with the owner and they will tell you where it is. I knew I was doing it the wrong way. ;):)

Darn Now I know how to do it. I will never DNF agian lol. Unlike the two DNF's I did tonight :):lol:

YES, I need to do some venting on that new cache in Oakdale "GC1JZR2". :lol: I understand you don't even have to look for them anymore, just be on the phone with the owner and they will tell you where it is. I knew I was doing it the wrong way. ;):)

Darn Now I know how to do it. I will never DNF agian lol. Unlike the two DNF's I did tonight :):lol:

so thats the new caching way...lol...sorry guys i just got home and got ur email! :D

so thats the new caching way...lol...sorry guys i just got home and got ur email! :D

GeoBandits don't seem to shocked at something that DID NOT happen! You don't know me and therefore don't believe everything you read or some one else's assumption.

I have made some great friends caching here. That is what I enjoy. Not about getting the first to finds but spending time with great friends. P.S. We had a police officer in rippn drove by us and did not even stop. Wew. Maybe I am not on there radar anymore.

I doubt it! They where likely off to a higher priority call (like a bank robbery in progress or worse). ;) Regardless, I'm sure they have your picture posted at the station. :(

BTW, it took the master four days to break my Green Achers Code Cache III. I'm guessing it will have less than a dozen finders total. Like I said, it's a good one to ignore.

Now, if I can just make a camouflage cache that can give people fits, I'd be a happy farmer. :D

YES, I need to do some venting on that new cache in Oakdale "GC1JZR2". :D I understand you don't even have to look for them anymore, just be on the phone with the owner and they will tell you where it is. I knew I was doing it the wrong way. ;):D

Darn Now I know how to do it. I will never DNF agian lol. Unlike the two DNF's I did tonight :(:D

GeoBandits don't seem to shocked at something that DID NOT happen! You don't know me and therefore don't believe everything you read or some one else's assumption.

Its all good to us :D if that's how you roll then let's roll.. :D However I sure would like to know what I missed out there in the RAIN! :D

Why are you so peeved that you need to vent...

Wolf Grrl I am not peeved I just wanted to give you a little raz about it. :D

Ok...thanks for the clarification SCCS! ;) I did read that early in the morning. Plus a lot going on personally so I'm a bit more sensitive right now (sister - breast cancer, mother-in-law - just diagnosed breast cancer). My bad...sorry.

I doubt it! They where likely off to a higher priority call (like a bank robbery in progress or worse). ;) Regardless, I'm sure they have your picture posted at the station. :D

In Ripon!!! :D:(

Oh, Ripon is a dangerous town in spite of the low crime rate.:D

Ripon Man - Bank Robber

Ex-Deputy Sheriff - Bank Robber

Ripon Bank Robbery

Police Station Shot Up

Speaking of dangerous... Someone made it past the guard rattler at El Camino Viejo Cache after 2 and a half years without a successful find (and living to log it on the internet). :D

I doubt it! They where likely off to a higher priority call (like a bank robbery in progress or worse). ;) Regardless, I'm sure they have your picture posted at the station. :D

In Ripon!!! :D:(

Oh, Ripon is a dangerous town in spite of the low crime rate.:D

Ripon Man - Bank Robber

Ex-Deputy Sheriff - Bank Robber

Ripon Bank Robbery

Police Station Shot Up

Speaking of dangerous... Someone made it past the guard rattler at El Camino Viejo Cache after 2 and a half years without a successful find (and living to log it on the internet). :D

:D yeah i had a family member working in the police st. the night it was shot up! :D

Ok I have to VENT!~ LOL....Wanted to see if any one else has had this happen to them. I posted a new cache about three days ago and it was listed a ok.....this was going to be a new series of caches here in ripon..so off i go to place #2 cache and another cache reviwer said no way cant place a cache there....so i was like hummmm...one was just posted two days ago and it was ok then? The caches are placed in the roundabouts here in ripon....theres like a million of them here..lol...and we all know there are other caches in roundabouts all over the place!! I know riverbank has one or two that come to mind......any way i just had to vent..lol...life goes on and ill think of somewhere else to hide them. :)

By round-a-bouts, I assume you are talking about traffic circles? Are you Brits? What did the reviewer say? I have found at least a half-dozen like that, and had one of my own until it was archived...

was more or less this:"My concern is about the legal aspects " with out saying to much more...I was like ok you want to go there legal aspects, then theres A HOLE LOT of caches that have legal aspects is what I was saying to my self at that point....... :blink: but oh well they say ya or na on this stuff and I dont want to be a azz about a few caches I wanted to hide~ :D

Here is a quote on a blog of an Iowa reviewer:

Roundabouts

On my way to and from one of my office locations, there's a newly constructed roundabout that I now pass through. It's so new that occasionally drivers in front of me seem to be confused about what to do so they slow down or even stop before entering. It's all I can do to keep from yelling, "Keep moving!" But I tell myself not to get too excited. After all, it's something new to them. They'll get the hang of it...eventually.

Yesterday I reviewed a geocache that was placed in a roundabout (the first geocache in an Iowa roundabout submitted to www.geocaching.com that I can recall). Since I had not come across this before, I had to do some research to find out how other reviewers are handling roundabout caches, and to find out if there are any applicable local traffic regulations about walking inside roundabouts. Some reviewers say they use the rule of thumb that if there does not appear to be any pedestrian walkway into the center portion of the roundabout, it would appear that pedestrians are not welcome in the center portion, and therefore neither are geocaches.

Think about it -- how distracting would it be to some drivers if they saw someone poking around in the bushes or rocks inside a roundabout when they're already trying to watch for merging vehicles while trying to find their exit? And it's not just me saying this. The Iowa DOT has a web site that gives advice about roundabouts. (I orignally wrote that previous sentence as "the IDOT gives roundabout advice" but that didn't sound quite right.) The IDOT says this: "Never walk though a roundabout or cross the center island."

Bottom line, unless you seek and obtain special permission for your specific geocache from the local governing municipality, I'm not going to publish geocaches that are placed inside roundabouts .

And I have known a geocacher to drive right over a traffic circle because they were distracted by the "stitching" on someone's clothing. (wink wink, you know what I mean, you know what I mean?)

I just wanted to let anyone know that if you have an Iphone and do not have the Geocaching app yet. It is only 2.99 till january 1 then it goes back to the 9.99 that I paid for it and alot of others have also. Please no Trashing apple. I just wanted to let everyone know that has not already bought it yet. Thanks

First Hope you all had a great Christmas and hope 2009 is good to you.

Now down to the nitty gritty of this post, just received this guideline that may affect us all in California.

California State Park System

Geocaching Guidelines (Public)

(To be placed on park’s website cover page and linked to individual parks that allow geocaching)

Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity for individuals, groups and families that

involves finding hidden containers known as geocaches by navigating to them using a

hand-held Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver. Many land management

agencies have legitimate concerns that geocaching and the hiding of geocaches may

have an adverse impact on environmentally sensitive lands, sites of historical or

archaeological significance, and the like. California State Parks has reviewed the

issues and concerns associated with geocaching activities and has determined the best

method for the management of this activity is to leave it to the discretion of the District

Superintendent. The 278 units of the California State Park System are diverse and

varied and there are parks and management units where geocaching is appropriate and

others where it is not.

The Department has developed the following general Geocaching Guidelines to inform

the public and help park operations staff properly manage this emerging and popular

recreational activity. Additionally, those interested in engaging in geocaching activities

at a specific State Park are encouraged to talk to the park staff to learn if the activity is

permitted and the rules and regulations associated with that park unit.

For general information about geocaching, go to Frequently Asked Questions, written by

www.geocaching.com, the global GPS cache hunt site.)

Cache Locations

􀂃 Caches may be allowed where they do not affect natural, cultural and historical

resources, visitor safety or other park users. The following is a list of terrestrial State

Park System unit classifications where geocaching may be permitted (when

approved by the District Superintendent):

- State Beach

- State Seashore

- State Park

- State Recreation Area

- State Vehicular Recreation Area

􀂃 Caches are typically not allowed or encouraged (unless approved by the District

Superintendent) in the following terrestrial State Park System unit classifications:

- State Cultural Reserve

- State Natural Reserve

- State Historic Park and State Historic Monument

􀂃 Caches are not allowed in the following terrestrial State Park System unit

classifications:

- Cultural Preserves

- Natural Preserves

- State Wilderness

􀂃 Virtual caches are encouraged and must adhere to the applicable requirements used

for physical caches. With district superintendent approval, virtual caches will be

permitted in those State Park classifications where physical caches are not generally

allowed.

􀂃 Caches may not be buried, nor may vegetation, rocks or other features be marked or

damaged in the process of placing, accessing or maintaining the cache.

􀂃 Physical caches are not permitted inside or upon any State Park facility or structure.

􀂃 Caches may not be permanently attached (glued, bolted, or screwed) to any historic

structure, monument, archaeological, natural or geologic feature.

􀂃 Caches are not allowed within 300 feet of streams, marshes or sensitive water

features.

􀂃 Caches may not be placed more than 3 feet from a designated trail.

Questions

􀂃 Contact the District Superintendent or their representative.

Edited by Krypton

Thanks Krypton! Does this mean you will finally bring them back since they will allow virtuals. Groundspeak...PLEASE bring back Virtuals!

Hmmm...there is a Central Valley cacher that claims he/she can not attend a Central Valley event called the Winter Formal. If you look it is because he/she is attending an event in the Bay Area. That stinks! Especially since the Central Valley event has been posted since Novemeber. I just feel you should support your group before supporting the Bay Area. :laughing: That same cacher put out a puzzle cache in the Bay Area and actually said "the CV cachers could not figure it out but I plan on putting one out in the Central Valley that they could". So now all Central Valley cachers are dumb? Or at least in comparison to Bay Area cachers? :anitongue: That isn't a nice thing to say. I was actually offended by that. No, I am not the smartest person in the Valley or the world but I certainly am not dumb. I'm sure if I researched it enough I could eventually figure it out. However, I have a life! I have actual caches to go find, I have my family, I have a father dying, I have friends to hang out with, I have a mother-in-law and sister both diagnosed with breast cancer, I have a husband...I have a life. So I'm sorry that you feel that us Central Valley Cachers are not smart enough to figure out a certain puzzle but I can guarantee you if any of us wanted to and wanted to spend the time eventually one of us would figure it out. I don't know a DUMB Central Valley cacher and I know a lot of them. We're all very smart, just in different ways. I just thought the Central Valley was so different from the Bay Area as in nicer and more accepting. However, I won't let one misguided opionion of one Central Valley geocacher get in the way of my outlook on others. I just hope that one geocachers changes his/her tune. However, I still like you regardless of your opinions of Central Valley geocachers intelligence.

I hope everyone has a SAFE & Rockin New Years Eve!

:laughing: HEY!...not nice! I don't drive over traffic circles...I'm a good driver! No tickets, no accidents, thank you very much! You are not playing nice. :anitongue:

What did I do to deserve that nasty comment? So much for the holiday cheer! :laughing:

I was just trying to be funny. It flopped. Sorry my friend.

Edited by Green Achers

:laughing: HEY!...not nice! I don't drive over traffic circles...I'm a good driver! No tickets, no accidents, thank you very much! You are not playing nice. :anitongue:

What did I do to deserve that nasty comment? So much for the holiday cheer! :laughing:

I too was kidding. No worries there. I was going to put "I go thru traffic circles as in drive thru the center of them" but didn't think people would get it. As in me not explaining it right. I got the joke, no worries. I thought it was funny. I was just giving it right back is all. :laughing:

I too was kidding. No worries there. I was going to put "I go thru traffic circles as in drive thru the center of them" but didn't think people would get it. As in me not explaining it right. I got the joke, no worries. I thought it was funny. I was just giving it right back is all. :laughing:

OK, You're one up on me. You know what that means!!! :laughing:

:D:D:D just tried to post a code only cache!

When did they get the BOOT!!?? Guess we will only have the great ones that Ron used to hide! :D

Guess the good old days are long gone!

That has been for a few years now. by the way loved your No Camo needed cache tonight. Keep them comming....

THANKS! ;) workin on a few other new ones have to see how they come out! :D

When did they get the BOOT!!?? Guess we will only have the great ones that Ron used to hide! ;)

Also just go put some out in bakersfield and they have no rules down there. I saw a Traveling cache there that they started in June and a number of caches that we could not do here. Obviously they have a reviewer down there that does not know the rules..

When did they get the BOOT!!?? Guess we will only have the great ones that Ron used to hide! :D

Also just go put some out in bakersfield and they have no rules down there. I saw a Traveling cache there that they started in June and a number of caches that we could not do here. Obviously they have a reviewer down there that does not know the rules..

Yeah sounds like the RA series I wanted to do..#1 was posted and the next day got the boot on that idea. :D

Sounds like GS needs to law down the law... ;)

Are you talking CVC Tag?

Super Grrl still has tag. Photom, we are really sorry! My sister was here from Texas and we've been busy visiting with her. Then our dad just passed away today. I will do my best to have her get that out in the next few days. Again, very sorry and please no tar & feathers!

Are you talking CVC Tag?

Super Grrl still has tag. Photom, we are really sorry! My sister was here from Texas and we've been busy visiting with her. Then our dad just passed away today. I will do my best to have her get that out in the next few days. Again, very sorry and please no tar & feathers!

Tears & Flowers this time. Besides, tar & feathers are reserved for people taller than 4 feet. So sorry to hear this. :sad:

---------

BTW, The CVC Camo Challenge lost it's energy I think. I haven't been able to get my works out and Red sold his GPS before hiding himself and I've only heard of one CVC Cacher planting a truly evil camo cache... Think Outside The Box I think it is called. Did I miss the other efforts? :unsure:

Are you talking CVC Tag?

Tears & Flowers this time. Besides, tar & feathers are reserved for people taller than 4 feet. So sorry to hear this. :sad:

---------

BTW, The CVC Camo Challenge lost it's energy I think. I haven't been able to get my works out and Red sold his GPS before hiding himself and I've only heard of one CVC Cacher planting a truly evil camo cache... Think Outside The Box I think it is called. Did I miss the other efforts? :unsure:

Are you talking CVC Tag?

---------

Thanks for the info Bill! We where kind of looking for new caches to be posted on the 1st and we just wanted to know more about it! Sorry to hear it may not work out, however maybe it still could be pulled off with a little work? we would be game for it! :huh: Ok iam off we are hitting the Porterville area on sunday!