Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I can't wait until Nascarfam, The Hubby, & Wolfgirl go for 23 counties up there.... :D

Hey, are you insinuating that we would blatantly copy, mimic, or otherwise emulate the plans and activities of fellow cachers? That would be a cruel mischaracterization. We made the Yokohl Valley run in a blue Jeep, not a silver Honda. Clearly a significant difference. :)

BOO BASH UPDATE!!!

Here are the coordinates for the poker run and the kids "letterboxing":

Poker Run:

location 1: N 37 44.534 / W 120 56.471

location 2: N 37 44.577 / W 120 56.489

location 3: N 37 44.593 / W 120 56.537

location 4: N 37 44.558 / W 120 56.544

location 5: N 37 44.532 / W 120 56.410

Kid's "letterboxing" locations:

location 1: N 37 44.561 / W 120 56.408

location 2: N 37 44.550 / W 120 56.422

location 3: N 37 44.540 / W 120 56.458

location 4: N 37 44.560 / W 120 56.487

We're providing this information so you can have the coordinates loaded into your GPSr ahead of time. Since neither of these are speed events it won't help if you come out ahead of time and scout the locations.

Hey, are you insinuating that we would blatantly copy, mimic, or otherwise emulate the plans and activities of fellow cachers?

Heck no, the kml's of this route as well as the Yokohl Valley are yours to use anytime. Public! :):laughing:

That would be a cruel mischaracterization.

mischaracterization?? Wow - that's more syllables in one word than BOGA uses in a paragraph!! And it is even spelled right! Way to go!! :D

GEOCACHING EVENT

This is a heads up! Deranja will be hosting a WINTER FORMAL GEO EVENT & GEOCACHING AWARDS. It will be on Saturday, January 10th, 2009 at 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

There will be:

Spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread dinner

Pictures under an arch

Talent show

A movie for the kids

A slide show

and for the first time ever...

Quad County Geocaching Awards! Voting will begin shortly on www.cvgeocachers.com

Please plan on attending this FABULOUS event! It is going to be so much fun!

We are also in the planning stages of a TB Race. starting on this date also. So keep your eyes pealed to the forum. Also look at all the pictures there from the last two events. WE are a great bunch here in the central valley. I am proud and happy to be part of it.....

I AGREE! Thanks Greg for all your help!

THANK YOU to everyone who attended The Hubby's Boo Bash! By all appearances, it seemed as if all had a good time.

Thank you JPD43 and Photom for calling me to see how the event went! I hope you all returned home safely and successfully.

Geocaching in IRAQ

ok I knew that would get your attention. I was looking at events and saw this EVENT I thought how cool for them to have this. It looks like they do this every year. Maybe we can keep an eye on this group and send a care package over there for them or something. Just as a thanks for doing what they are doing. Just a thought. or just a note to them. Just a thought..

Geocaching in IRAQ

ok I knew that would get your attention. I was looking at events and saw this EVENT I thought how cool for them to have this. It looks like they do this every year. Maybe we can keep an eye on this group and send a care package over there for them or something. Just as a thanks for doing what they are doing. Just a thought. or just a note to them. Just a thought..

That's so cool...and I LOVE your idea.

Due to my family deserting me and going onto there own screen names now. I have droped the Nascar Fam and gone to Gocachn. Happy Caching...

WOW!! Love the new look! If it makes ya feel any better--solo is the way to go ha ha!! Just ask me, Tinkybug, Noseyboy9, WolfGrrl, SuperGrrl & The Hubby, ha ha!

Thank you JPD43 and Photom for calling me to see how the event went! I hope you all returned home safely and successfully.

THANKS for asking too. Yes, we are home safe and sound, with 76 finds in 20 counties. We only drove 1600 miles or so to do it. :):D

Is this image from the boo bash???6df5b0ba-0b05-410a-bddf-31648c56490d.jpg

Finally, everyone send a note to BOGA who is recovering from some broken ribs. He decided to attack his truck bed. :laughing::anibad:

Hey BOGA...I'm sorry you're not doing so well! What in the world were you doing to break some ribs? :laughing:

JPD43 & Photom...sounds like you had a fun and successful trip! Will you be posting pics?

Greg...love the idea! Let us know what you need! The whole family? I think the wife is still Nascar Fam!

Hey BOGA...I'm sorry you're not doing so well! What in the world were you doing to break some ribs? :blink:

It was a stupid mistake that I made... I went to do some homework when I knew I should have gone caching. It's a simple as that. The rail of my truck was what stopped my error and imbedded the memory into me. :blink: Luck for me I had my cell phone with me or it would have been a long day on the farm!

BTW, Laughing hurts, TOM! (But otherwise, thanks for the card! :anicute: )

Welcome Yosemite Girl! I will keep all posted.

Formerly known as Nascar Fam...how did you change your name and keep your stats? I was under the impression Groundspeak stopped allowing that a long time ago.

BOGA...I'm so glad you are ok. We'll try not to make you laugh in this forum. We don't want to add to your pain. Get better fast!

Formerly known as Nascar Fam...how did you change your name and keep your stats? I was under the impression Groundspeak stopped allowing that a long time ago.

BOGA...I'm so glad you are ok. We'll try not to make you laugh in this forum. We don't want to add to your pain. Get better fast!

It is who you know wolfgrrl.

Well loddie da da da GoCachn! Couldn't come up with a better name than that?! :anicute:

Well loddie da da da GoCachn! Couldn't come up with a better name than that?! :blink:

Don't tick her off Greg, she will keep all the stuff you won at the Boo-Bash :anicute:

Well loddie da da da GoCachn! Couldn't come up with a better name than that?! :blink:

Don't tick her off Greg, she will keep all the stuff you won at the Boo-Bash :anicute:

Well then it is a good thing I got the stuff from her already. Thanks so much for doing that for us Ron. Sorry we had to leave early. We were having a great time..

Edited by GOCACHN

Here are the rules:

1) Caches have to be placed within Merced, Stanislaus and San Joaquin counties.

2) Caches have to be placed from October 1st through January 1st, in all weather locations.

3) Caches have to be placed in public areas.

4) Caches have to be larger than a micro with (in your opinion) 4-5 star camo.

5) Caches have to be listed privately till January 1st, at which time they can be listed publicly for anyone and everyone.

6) The first person who finds all of them wins. The prize will be a small trophy.

7) The winner has to devise a challenge for the summer by April 1st.

This is just a reminder that the window is open for entries. I'll have mine out soon. I hope others are working on something as well. We've all heard the girls rule but I for one am going to set the bar for them. :)

I got this email today from Iraq. I am thinking here maybe the first part of December doing a event. Mainly to get stuff to gether to ship to Iraq. So if you have anything that you think they might like. well here was the email.

Thanks for your generous offer to send a donation to our Troops. Please rest assure that anything you send to me, I will give away/raffle off to the cachers here at our Events!! If you are still interested in sending anything, I don' think it will make it here before the OCT Event. I am planning on setting out a GECAC BM within the next two or three months and I will host an Event to announce that. If you would like, you can send it now and I will hold on to it or you can wait until then to send it. Either way, we REALLY appreciate you very kind offer and support. Check out our last Event that was made so huge by the great folks who donated. GC19XKF. I think we had over 250 coins DONATED and that not even including all the swag!!!

Thanks again!!

James

Email was used with permission to publish here..

I wonder if cachers like looking for Walnuts? Let's see. Now that this years last harvest is complete and I've performed my last stunt... it's time to glean the orchard. I for one am not going to do it so I offer to any of my friends this. If you find 'em, you get 'em. Give me a call or drop an email if you're interested. :):rolleyes:

when are you going to plow them bill? I might be able to come over tomorrow and get some for my parents.

We're down to the last couple hundred pounds worth but you'll only get to 40-50 lbs worth now that the rain is here because you can't walk into a wet orchard. I also can't take the tractor in until it dries up (and I've recovered too). So I'd say you have time.

Regarding the Central Valley Geocaching website. I changed the way the forum thread goes so I think it will be a big help. It works same as here now exept that you can put in different catagories. so if you reply to ones post it will put it at he bottom of the thread and put there post first and then your reply. Lets see if this helps. Go Check it out. Click on the the picture

2b09359b-27df-4d57-897c-93fa67a0a86a.jpg

Thanks for doing that Greg! I'm hoping it helps.

This forum and that forum has been way too quiet!!! What the heck is going on?

Hello cachers wake up!

HMMM. Did the Yokohl Valley gang move to San Francisco or what?? WolfGrrl? The Hubby? GoCachin? :):(

"No lights in Golden Gate Park: On Sunday around 6 p.m., people walked from the Japanese Tea Garden toward their cars along Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Golden Gate Park. On this first night after the switch to daylight-saving time, a key stretch of lights along the corridor was inoperative, forcing walkers - and joggers - to move along in the dark. Tipster Zack Hedling alerted ChronicleWatch about the light problem, saying it's especially irksome to "post-workday joggers" who use the thoroughfare.

On Monday, San Francisco Recreation and Park spokesman Elton Pon said the problem stems from thieves who've taken the lights' copper wiring. Four lights near the tea garden - and 25 lights on Middle Drive West - are impacted, says Pon. "The thieves are robbing our city blind," Pon said, "forcing us to spend our valuable resources on labor and materials to repair the fixtures." People who see thieves stealing copper wiring from the parks' lights are asked to call 911. Pon says the thieves are "presumably selling (the wiring) at metal recyclers. . . . We are working on a timeline for repair, as well as methods to make our fixtures more tamper-proof."

Ok Has anyone played this Venona game thing? Lets Try this year as a group to figure out who this guy is and figure out his clues. There are enough of us to figure this out. We have some smart people here (I am not one of them) so I will need your help lol I started a forum thing on the CVgeocachers page for someone to explain the mission to the rest of us or a place to get more info on it. Thank you.... Greg

Ok Has anyone played this Venona game thing? Lets Try this year as a group to figure out who this guy is and figure out his clues. There are enough of us to figure this out. We have some smart people here (I am not one of them) so I will need your help lol I started a forum thing on the CVgeocachers page for someone to explain the mission to the rest of us or a place to get more info on it. Thank you.... Greg

I also took him off Ban on the CVgeocachers sitewhich I had no idea about this whole thing at first so we put him on a ban. So he will post hint I am sure also. Ok maybe this will get the forums going wolfgrrl.

Dawn is home from hospital and doing good. Thank you so much for all your prayers and messages.

I also took him off Ban on the CVgeocachers sitewhich I had no idea about this whole thing at first so we put him on a ban. So he will post hint I am sure also. Ok maybe this will get the forums going wolfgrrl.

Dawn is home from hospital and doing good. Thank you so much for all your prayers and messages.

:blink::(;) You think you had Venona ban. That's a good one! :D:D:D

Here's what you guys missed yesterday. It was key to solving the third puzzle.

af3c399b-5316-4494-956b-c7d073fb0625.jpg

1c0fecfa-c1c5-4e23-8e47-914e2b3780e3.jpg25a33c68-c052-45b3-9031-b0ca0b2adf78.jpg