Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

You can delete this anonymous cachers log only if you delete everyone else's log that's logged that container! :ph34r: And other cachers that will not be named also needed major spoilers to determine that the original one was missing. :mad:

I think this is a very very tough decision...one that will undoubtedly cause you many nights of missed sleep.

Now...I have another question. How can three out of the area cachers (who had already gotten back home) get a FTF (in our area) within several minutes of the cache being published up in our area...AND the cache is so :mad: evilly camoed to boot? Hmmm? Hmmm?

Edited by tmkbk

You can delete this anonymous cachers log only if you delete everyone else's log that's logged that container! :ph34r: And other cachers that will not be named also needed major spoilers to determine that the original one was missing. :)

I think this is a very very tough decision...one that will undoubtedly cause you many nights of missed sleep.

Now...I have another question. How can three out of the area cachers (who had already gotten back home) get a FTF (in our area) within several minutes of the cache being published up in our area...AND the cache is so :mad: evilly camoed to boot? Hmmm? Hmmm?

I think sleepless nights will be had by all :mad: However :mad: may have found some caches in your area.

You can delete this anonymous cachers log only if you delete everyone else's log that's logged that container! :ph34r: And other cachers that will not be named also needed major spoilers to determine that the original one was missing. :)

I think sleepless nights will be had by all :) However :mad: may have found some caches in your area.

Man that was a sweat trip. We even scored some FTF's. :mad: Tom!?! Where are you??

I think you missed this Wolf Grrl... but tmkbk countered the question with another.

Question: If you received a series of DNF's from a cacher that assures you that the cache is MIA... and so you go up to look at the cache - which is in the only logical location - and you find the cache was right where it should be... do you think her find log should be deleted and she should have to go find the correct cache? :ph34r::unsure:

Bill, I think you should ask tmkbk that question. She seems to have it all together and would give you a sound, reasonable, and logical answer. :lol:

Edited by Green Achers

What the heck are you all talking about? :P

Kim... here's the facts and nothing but the facts.....

1. BOGA has a cache in a SUPERB area, perfect hide and a just a little stroll in the mountains.

2. Someone who CLAIMS to be a "local" to the area tried to find it, at least twice, and maybe three times.

3. That same person begged BOGA for hints and even major spoilers.

4. That same person finally convinced BOGA "that it wasn't there."

5. That same person was given permission to log the find, even though that same person never really found it.

6. BOGA checked the cache to find that it was REALLY THERE!

7. BOGA is now asking is if that same person's log should be deleted.

8. That same person is now trying to DIVERT the attention to a totally new subject that concerns a cache miles and miles away from the cache in question.

SO, THE QUESTION REMAINS... if you can't find a cache that is really there.... should you be allowed to log it??

---------------------------------------------------

Now, as to the red herring recently suggested by tmkbk - "I have another question. How can three out of the area cachers (who had already gotten back home) get a FTF (in our area) within several minutes of the cache being published up in our area...AND the cache is so evilly camoed to boot? Hmmm? Hmmm?"

a) Cachers from out of "the area" are really good!

b] How does tmkbk know it was "evilly camoed" when she hasn't even touched it?

c) How do you spell " S O U R G R A P E S ? "

:ph34r::unsure::lol:

Does anyone know how far The real deal is form Manteca? Aj Has a soccer game in the morning and we have plans that evening but I am thinking that we can come for the day and maybe leave around 5. I need to get back out and do some caching. I can not believe that I used my GPS yesterday to find a house. What the heck was that about. I think after sometime in november my Saturdays are free agian. YEA..........

Does anyone know how far The real deal is form Manteca? Aj Has a soccer game in the morning and we have plans that evening but I am thinking that we can come for the day and maybe leave around 5. I need to get back out and do some caching. I can not believe that I used my GPS yesterday to find a house. What the heck was that about. I think after sometime in november my Saturdays are free agian. YEA..........

Looks like everyone else is ignoring you...

MS Streets & Trips puts The Real Deal 42.8 miles (52 minutes) from Manteca.

What the heck are you all talking about? :D

Now, as to the red herring recently suggested by tmkbk - "I have another question. How can three out of the area cachers (who had already gotten back home) get a FTF (in our area) within several minutes of the cache being published up in our area...AND the cache is so evilly camoed to boot? Hmmm? Hmmm?"

:):):D

I think those three stinkers had advance notice and were caching with the cache owner!! Duh. Easy FTF's, huh?? :grin:

I think those three stinkers had advance notice and were caching with the cache owner!! Duh. Easy FTF's, huh?? :grin:

Wrong. Try again Mrs. 2 (doggie treats) for the road. :o We found those caches and the owner was not even near. The only time I saw any cache owner was on the second stage of a cache that we got completely stumped on. We threw in the white towel so the owner briefly came out to show us the stage was there (and then she realized she had been misleading us all a long). It took her several minutes to find the stage herself so you can imagine what we were going through. Did I mention the GPSr's were jumping around 50 feet the whole time we were there?!

Anyway, that's the only time we were around any cache owner!

I don't know but they were with me, and the cache owner was nowhere in sight! Why do we have to be "Stinkers"? Why all the hatin'? Can't we all just get along?

Looks like everyone else is ignoring you...

MS Streets & Trips puts The Real Deal 42.8 miles (52 minutes) from Manteca.

Ignore? Ya, I guess that's true. But in our defense, Greg owns a GPSr with Auto Routing...

a. Enter a new waypoint at N 37° 24.913 W 120° 42.640

b. Initiate Routing to it.

c. Read the Miles To Destination.

If that's too hard, I'd have to create a new Puzzle Cache - and you don't want that to happen. Do you?? :)

Edited by Green Achers

I was really just trying to change the subject. but it did not work :) and that we will be there for a little while at the event....... :):D

Your awesome! Sorry you missed the DNF tonight. I think it's time for warhrse to learn about taking coordinates on his needle in a hay stake caches. He collects 50% DNF's on darn near all of his caches. :o

Hey, TDD.........I only refer to people I really, really, really like as a "stinker"!!!!! :o

Your awesome too, Bev! Thanks again for offering us cookies when we visited your camp. I really thought I could at least get one of my sidekicks to wolf one down! :D:grin::o

I am way confused..... a normality for me but, on the tipping point, what do you mean imposter (conterfit) one?

In May you said you replaced it but it was just in a bag. In June I brought a film can for the bag and placed it back where it was found. Was that the imposter one? Or was another added later? Was I an unwitting accomplis to a felony (new geocache law) :(

I am way confused..... a normality for me but, on the tipping point, what do you mean imposter (conterfit) one?

In May you said you replaced it but it was just in a bag. In June I brought a film can for the bag and placed it back where it was found. Was that the imposter one? Or was another added later? Was I an unwitting accomplis to a felony (new geocache law) :(

Hmmm. This is not what BOGA described as to what happened...... Bill??? :)

In May you said you replaced it but it was just in a bag. In June I brought a film can for the bag and placed it back where it was found. Was that the imposter one? Or was another added later? Was I an unwitting accomplis to a felony (new geocache law) ;)

If Photom or JPD were involved I am srue there was some crime commited :(:)

In May you said you replaced it but it was just in a bag. In June I brought a film can for the bag and placed it back where it was found. Was that the imposter one? Or was another added later? Was I an unwitting accomplis to a felony (new geocache law) :)

Hmmm. This is not what BOGA described as to what happened...... Bill??? ;)

Sorry kids but you'll need to work harder if you want a record in CVC.

The zip lock that you properly placed in a while film can was the correct location and is the correct cache. After you signed it, no one has been able to find it again. In fact, I was lead to believe that a certain cacher lady and her wantabe were looking at that location and was instructed that it would need to be replaced.

So I sent a lawyer to replace it - which he did 7 feet away from the tipping point. He was acting in a responsible manner with standard - pure integrity.

Since then, everyone has signed the wrong cache. Isn't that awful?! :(

Boo Bash is coming up on Saturday, October 18th. It would be nice to know how many kids will be in attendance. We are providing Trick-or-Treat bags and it would great to have enough for all. If you can please go to the cache page and state if you will be attending or not. We would appreciate it!!!!

The Smores n' Snores event was so much fun!!! To those of you who were not there, you missed out BIG TIME! For those of you who were there, thanks for contributing to the fun. To Photom & JPD43, THANK YOU SO MUCH for a great event! Already looking forward to next years.

Overheard at the recent MAC Event: :huh:

1. Nascarfam can't keep up with the The Hubby - so he is setting his sights on catching and passing BOGA's cache count. According to Greg, once he catches BOGA, it will be a piece of cake to stay ahead. :P

2. The Hubby says that BOGA can not put out a kayaking cache that will be too hard for him and deranja. B)

Overheard at the recent MAC Event: :huh:

1. Nascarfam can't keep up with the The Hubby - so he is setting his sights on catching and passing BOGA's cache count. According to Greg, once he catches BOGA, it will be a piece of cake to stay ahead. :P

2. The Hubby says that BOGA can not put out a kayaking cache that will be too hard for him and deranja. B)

Oh It is piling up in here fast.

Edited by Nascar Fam

Sniff. That iPhone made me so sad, I can't read what Photom wrote! :huh:

Hey. Who's put out their entry for the CVC Cammo Challange? I think YaksAlot should claim hers to be worthy (and it does meet the time and size requirements). I know I have a couple that I deciding between (but I may get inspired to do some thing even CSI can't see.

[Yikes. Greg's right about the fertility of these stories. It's getting deep too!)

BTW, Here's a really great clip of some cachers driving to the next local Geogathering. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did!! :P

Edited by Green Achers

I hear you Greg. I'm trying it out but my initial thought is that the fact that it doesn't filter out any caches (like the ones we've found) it's going to need more development. Otherwise it's not nearly as useful and will likely waste our play time finding caches that we've already found. It will also mask the caches that we haven't found in a sea of our finds. The other problem is that this program requires cell carrier connection (which is spotty as we all know).

iGeoCacher on the other hand does not use the cell service. That problem is replaced by creating a PQ and uploading it to your iPhone when you do have a connection. Then it stores that data and allows you to find the caches (using it's GPS program) and log your finds. This program is being developed/improved and the guy doing the programing is really interested in feedback (I'd bet the Groundspeak developers is as well).

Anyway, it's good to see these programs being developed. :)

igeocacher5.png

It will also mask the caches that we haven't found in a sea of our finds.

Uhh, do you perhaps mean, "It will also mask the caches that we haven't found in a puddle of our finds." :P:)

I was speaking on your behalf. You're correct though. My find pool is no bigger than a kiddie pool. But I still get lost in it! :)

Anyone want to go kayaking today?! FT RSVP (via email or phone call) wins.

Ahh, a NEW mega-run is on the immediate horizon. JPD43 and I will be heading out Thursday in a quest for northern California counties. We are after 22 counties in 3 days or so.

If anyone wants the routes, they are all public kml's.

I can't wait until Nascarfam, The Hubby, & Wolfgirl go for 23 counties up there.... :D

Overheard at the recent MAC Event: :)

1. Nascarfam can't keep up with the The Hubby - so he is setting his sights on catching and passing BOGA's cache count. According to Greg, once he catches BOGA, it will be a piece of cake to stay ahead. :laughing:

2. The Hubby says that BOGA can not put out a kayaking cache that will be too hard for him and deranja. :)

Wow, my hearing must be going because I was there for most of the weekend and I don't remember hearing anything like this... :D