Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

They have books on this stuff?! Wow. I thought I was the only one. :D Only, my book would boast, "Treasure Hunting In Your Mind." :D

You'd better get your mind back on business. Like your responsibility to MANAGE CVC TAG. I have reason to believe that tag took a trip - way OUTSIDE the area. (No, I have been in or around Merced all weekend....) Get with it Bill!! Start an investigation!! Arrest or indict someone! :D:D

Edited by Photom

They have books on this stuff?! Wow. I thought I was the only one. :D Only, my book would boast, "Treasure Hunting In Your Mind." :D

You'd better get your mind back on business. Like your responsibility to MANAGE CVC TAG. I have reason to believe that tag took a trip - way OUTSIDE the area. (No, I have been in or around Merced all weekend....) Get with it Bill!! Start an investigation!! Arrest or indict someone! :D:D

Thanks Tom for your kind offer to take over the management of CVC Tag!!! :D I accept your gesture to help my work (and attention) load. :D There's a new sheriff in town. :D

S.O.S ... S.O.S.

I'm trapped in my own house with nine thousand three hundred and twenty seven 11 and 12 year old girls!!!! My duaghter's having a slumber party for her birthday and they are EVERYWHERE!! They're under the refrigerator... they're climbing out of the vents ... they're ...they're AAAAHH!! THEY'VE GOT ME!!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!!

:D:DAnd I happen to know that TWO of their Mommies are camped out in Merced, nice and comfy (and quiet) in a brand new motel. They had to camp out after a hard day of caching and another planned for tomorrow.

And the way I heard it, you VOLUNTEERED for this duty (most likely sucking up to your wife, I expect.)

But, how are you going to stay ahead of NascarFam when you are now a professional "sitter"? Huh?? :D:D

Actually he doesn't have to suck up to me (his wife). He was sucking up to his daughter who some day will be in charge of his health care. :D

At the time of your post, those ladies were still out caching. They showed up extremely tired today.

No worries he's married to Wolf Grrl he'll stay ahead!

Thanks Tom for your kind offer to take over the management of CVC Tag!!! :D I accept your gesture to help my work (and attention) load. :D There's a new sheriff in town. :D

Somebody is going to have a stroke over this cache. I never knew how serious the players were. Note to self... stay away from cvc cache and the rules will not haunt me in my dreams. :D

"Zzzzzzzz....snore...zzzzzzz"

Tag leaves the area so much anymore that he doesn't recognize his own home! :o We may have to fix that soon.

However, I'm always up to attending a good tar and feathering...Greg, aren't you at the front of that line though?? :ph34r:

Ok Now it looks like a second Tar in feather is in order. Looks like somone posted that they found Tag outside of the area while camping. HMMM

Edited by Sanruft

Just received the note for CVC's owner transfer...Congrat's Tom!

Question though Bill...Isn't this like putting a fox in charge of gurarding the hen house? :o hehehe

Find Tag while you can all...I'm sure the rules are about to change and Tag may never be back in this area! :ph34r:

Question though Bill...Isn't this like putting a fox in charge of gurarding the hen house? :o hehehe

Find Tag while you can all...I'm sure the rules are about to change and Tag may never be back in this area! ;)

:P:ph34r: No, don't bother looking for TAG. He/she is in my possession - in quarantine. After the quarantine, there will be a complete physical.... Stay tuned to help decide how this cache will evolve. :D;)

Hey ya'll....

First of all, a belated welcome to Wlfpkcrn...I'm also a newbie around here..and this is one helpful and hilarious group far's I can see!

Secondly, I know you guys are all about you know, passing 900,000 finds and big numbers like that, but I just HAVE to share I finally have double digits!! 12 finds baby! LOL! Additionally, I found my first Multi-cache during my first out-of-state cache this past weekend. Went to Mass. on business and my boss (also a cacher) took me out for a couple of quick finds on the way from our company picnic to dinner.

Lastly I'd like to say I finally got to meet WolfGrrl, SuperGrrl and The Hubby a couple of weekends ago. Seein's how they live gosh, at least 3-4 blocks away, it took some serious coordinating but we finally managed. They were SO kind and showed Tinkybug (my 9yo daughter) and I QUITE the variety of cache-container examples. I was thoroughly impressed and MAN did it help a lot. As new cachers, our biggest problem was we just didn't know what we were looking for!! Now we have a better idea! So thanks to them for that!!

Anyway I just wanted to check in and share! Though I don't post much yet (due to a severe lack of interesting material) I love reading everyone's posts. Have a great week!

Trysha

Hey ya'll....

First of all, a belated welcome to Wlfpkcrn...I'm also a newbie around here..and this is one helpful and hilarious group far's I can see!

Secondly, I know you guys are all about you know, passing 900,000 finds and big numbers like that, but I just HAVE to share I finally have double digits!! 12 finds baby! LOL! Additionally, I found my first Multi-cache during my first out-of-state cache this past weekend. Went to Mass. on business and my boss (also a cacher) took me out for a couple of quick finds on the way from our company picnic to dinner.

Lastly I'd like to say I finally got to meet WolfGrrl, SuperGrrl and The Hubby a couple of weekends ago. Seein's how they live gosh, at least 3-4 blocks away, it took some serious coordinating but we finally managed. They were SO kind and showed Tinkybug (my 9yo daughter) and I QUITE the variety of cache-container examples. I was thoroughly impressed and MAN did it help a lot. As new cachers, our biggest problem was we just didn't know what we were looking for!! Now we have a better idea! So thanks to them for that!!

Anyway I just wanted to check in and share! Though I don't post much yet (due to a severe lack of interesting material) I love reading everyone's posts. Have a great week!

Trysha

Congrats on that double-digit accomplishment...Won't be long now before you hit the gazillion mark along with some of the others here!

Hey ya'll....

Trysha

S.O.S ... S.O.S.

I'm trapped in my own house with nine thousand three hundred and twenty seven 11 and 12 year old girls!!!! My duaghter's having a slumber party for her birthday and they are EVERYWHERE!! They're under the refrigerator... they're climbing out of the vents ... they're ...they're AAAAHH!! THEY'VE GOT ME!!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!!

:o;)And I happen to know that TWO of their Mommies are camped out in Merced, nice and comfy (and quiet) in a brand new motel. They had to camp out after a hard day of caching and another planned for tomorrow.

And the way I heard it, you VOLUNTEERED for this duty (most likely sucking up to your wife, I expect.)

But, how are you going to stay ahead of NascarFam when you are now a professional "sitter"? Huh?? ;);)

Actually he doesn't have to suck up to me (his wife). He was sucking up to his daughter who some day will be in charge of his health care. :ph34r:

At the time of your post, those ladies were still out caching. They showed up extremely tired today.

No worries he's married to Wolf Grrl he'll stay ahead!

;) Talk about the nicest couple I ever did meet.....uhhhhhhh...that would be The Hubby and Wolf Grrl.....if they still consider me their friend?????

My girls had a Blast at the Birthday Sleepover Party.....And, let me tell you....that was some wild and crazy party with all those bunch of girls...... :D

I know my girls said it was the Best Ever! Thank you Guys, for your Love, it just keeps on Giving.......

You made my caching weekend happen because you so selfishly gave of your time.....

You guys are Amazing.....Thanks again! ;)

By the way did you enjoy that bottle of wine that I gave to you to unwind after everyone left????

Remember, Have no wine, before it's time! Now's the Time....... :P

Thanks...Was out of town this last weekend.

Wasn't the weekend of the 23rd an option for the clan? If so, that would be ideal.

Hey Sanruft...it's nice to see you back on. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Back to the MEGA-RUN...when are you free?

The adiction of leaving your kids at the baby sitter's so you can go mega caching?! I don't see that as adicted. :unsure: You go girl!

Why thank you Green Achers :o Although it was Super Grrl's BD Sleep Over Party....and would of taken me four hours total or more to have to driven from my home up in the Sierra's and back to the Central Valley twice for two days!

So, it just made sense to Cache down there, sleep down there, Cache down there, eat down there, Cache down there, drive down there, Cache down there......etc etc....... :drama: .... :ph34r:

My girls were having a good time, I think I should too!

Since it's summer....and I got to make up for all those lost Caches that I would never of gone to if I didn't have this TIME.... :o

:o I'm Loving It!

So, thanks for the approval!

Question though Bill...Isn't this like putting a fox in charge of gurarding the hen house? :unsure: hehehe

Find Tag while you can all...I'm sure the rules are about to change and Tag may never be back in this area! :o

:drama::ph34r: No, don't bother looking for TAG. He/she is in my possession - in quarantine. After the quarantine, there will be a complete physical.... Stay tuned to help decide how this cache will evolve. :o:o

CVC Tag has been taken out of quarantine and, believe it or not, the team of doctors has found no serious problems. He is in great shape! Today, he did a profile on Nintendo WiiFit to discover his fitness age is 15 years younger than his calendar age.

The doctors did say that HE is a HE and has always been a HE. There are no indications of any “operations” that would have changed that. So, as many of us guessed, that Felon “BOGA” not only just evicted him from his mansion, he also spread those vicious rumors about babies. Many think that BOGA gave away those babies to remove evidence of some other dastardly deed.

CVC TAG!!! has always loved Merced County and feels quite at home right now. He has been asking how long it will be before he can go out and play. So, he will out very soon.

On a more serious note, now that CVC Tag!!! is starting a new chapter in his life, I’d like some input. This is OUR CACHE and will stay our cache as long as it doesn’t get archived by TPTB. It will not get archived if we can keep him in play and follow common sense.

Please post your thoughts on these subjects:

a) Has CVC Tag!!! served its purpose? Should it be archived and forgotten?

b] What is a “reasonable” definition of the Central Valley?

c) If CVC Tag!!! is taken outside the area (and left there), would you volunteer to help retrieve him?

d) Do you think I should delete logs that don’t follow the “no group finds” rule, or the rule that says you can’t find it unless two people have found it since your last find?

e) Is this “tar and feathering” routine just adults playing like kids? Has it lived it course? Or should it continue?

f) Other comments or subjects.

(If you’d prefer, you can send me your thoughts privately in an email: photom@fastmail.fm)

c) If CVC Tag!!! is taken outside the area (and left there), would you volunteer to help retrieve him?

d) Do you think I should delete logs that don’t follow the “no group finds” rule, or the rule that says you can’t find it unless two people have found it since your last find?

e) Is this “tar and feathering” routine just adults playing like kids? Has it lived it course? Or should it continue?

I don't know if a newbie's opinions on the CVC Tag matter much, but I thought I would offer them anyway.

a) I think it might be fun to take a stab at finding the CVC Tag sometime--haven't had the opportunity yet, but wouldn't mind trying. Maybe there are other newbies also interested?

b] I don't know where all the CVC members are so maybe I'm reaching further than the members do, but I personally consider the Central Valley to be roughly Stockton to Fresno..just my .02

c) It would depend on where he was. I'd gladly go anywhere from the Bay Area to Bakersfield but I for SURE can't go to China ha ha!

d) Not sure on the group finds rule, but maybe shorten the 2person rule to just 1? I haven't reviewed all the logs to see how long people have "waited" for "two people" so that they could try again.

e) Have you guys actually done "something" to "someone" yet or is it all ribbing and poking fun? LOL

Most of all, I hope the majority of you guys that have been around a while and had so much fun generally agree on the above. Sounds like it's been a good ride, and I'd ultimately be fine with whatever the more established cachers think.

A) No, Tag should not be archived as it was grandfathered in and should be kept as long as Geocaching exists.

B ) Stockton to Merced and Tracy to Oakdale (or thereabouts) is reasonable. Those visiting this area still have the opportunity to find and place Tag. Fresno, Sacramento and San Francisco are all about the same range from the center and in my opinion, is out of bounds.

C) Yes...However, why would it be taken out of the area if the boundaries are defined?

D) I like the two-person rule...With regards to deleting the finds, it is a moving cache and one person finds it, one person places it. (and leaves a teepee as it is found).

E) LOL! The tar and feathering has lived its course, but it is all in good fun so it really doesn't matter. And yes, it is adults playing like kids. (Then again, so is Geocaching!) Whether it continues or not, makes no difference to me.

F) Tag has always been unique to the Central Valley and I know those with Groundspeak would like to see it go away. (I have spoken personally with some on this and have been told accordingly). It would be sad to see something that has been grandfathered-in disappear. So if you are not willing to take it on long-term Tom, my suggestion is to turn it to someone that would be willing to. (Although I am happy that you seem willing to do so!) :unsure:

Just my one and a half cents worth! :drama:

(If you’d prefer, you can send me your thoughts privately in an email: photom@fastmail.fm)

Edited by Sanruft

f) Other comments or subjects.[/color]

A) I do not thinnk that the tag has run it's course. I love finding tag when I can.

:mad: I like the Stockton to Merced. and Tracy to Oakdale.

C) Yes I would help to retrieve HER. or is she a He now?

D) Yes I think we should delete logs if they do the group find thing now. I was going to say unless it goes from hand to hand but then we would never really know if that would happen or not.

E) No I think the tar and feathering needs to stay. But the people currently on trial should be given amnesty

CVC Tag!!! a male?! ......

Can't be,

anything that has the potential to cause problems is female, (see previous posts). Boats, ships, cars ect. all have the potential to be a problem thats why they are always called 'she'

Wait did I say that out loud??? Quick lets change the subject so no one will notice. :unsure:

On a good note, I got my first puzzle cache today. Thanks to a etrex legend that Raatler let me borrow.

:P I think I pulled it off :ph34r:

Just purchased a new GPS. I've been playing with a Magellan Meridian since 2003 but it died about 9 months ago. Today I purchased a new Garmin Colorado 400t. I am super excited. I've been looking at these since CES in January. I can't wait till I get it.

Anyone have one? Anyone have any experiences with them?

Can't be,

anything that has the potential to cause problems is female, (see previous posts). Boats, ships, cars ect. all have the potential to be a problem thats why they are always called 'she' ....

I beg to differ. It is not poor Tag who has caused trouble at all. He is just doing his job (and quite well at that.) It is the mischief makers like NascarFam who cause the trouble. So I guess you are calling Greg a girl. But wait, I guess we are in California..... :unsure:

FLASH: There is now a possibility that the TRIAL OF NASCARFAM may be imminent. It seems that BOGA was deliberately dragging his feet with the court. Do I smell some kind of bribe? :ph34r:

Can't be, anything that has the potential to cause problems is female, (see previous posts). Boats, ships, cars ect. all have the potential to be a problem thats why they are always called 'she'

Wait did I say that out loud??? Quick lets change the subject so no one will notice. B)

On a good note, I got my first puzzle cache today. Thanks to a etrex legend that Raatler let me borrow.

B) I think I pulled it off :P

I'm afraid! :ph34r:

red' date='Jul 30 2008, 07:06 PM' post='3580171']

Just purchased a new GPS. I've been playing with a Magellan Meridian since 2003 but it died about 9 months ago. Today I purchased a new Garmin Colorado 400t. I am super excited. I've been looking at these since CES in January. I can't wait till I get it.

Hey Red!! Welcome back! Where have you been hiding (things)? :D

Greg has one of those really nice GPSr's. It's one cool tool.

...There is now a possibility that the TRIAL OF NASCARFAM may be imminent. It seems that BOGA was deliberately dragging his feet with the court. Do I smell some kind of bribe? B) [/color][/size]

I heard that. Even from under the bus, I could hear the crisp sound of reckless slander. Better have proof (which is impossible) because I understand that defamation of a character reminds my of calling the hogs... SOOooiee :unsure:

Ok...now I am going to chime in on CVC Tag. I am in 100% agreement with Sanruft and Nascar Fam:

1) CVC Tag should NOT be archived. It was grandfathered in and it shall stay. If I need to I will step in to take care of it. There are not too many left let alone in California. Archiving it is a crime in itself!

2) The boundaries should be Merced to Tracy to Oakdale to Stockton. No further no less. All of which is very accessible to just about any CVC Tag hounds. Anything past any of those cities is way too far!

3) Tar and feathering remains as punishment for the crime of removal beyond boudaries.

4) She should continue to morph into other forms providing perhaps a challenge to find.

5) Group finds shall NOT be allowed! No more TA finds at events. Oops...did I say that?! :unsure:

6) The rule regarding finds shall stay as well. Person shall not find again until 2 other cachers have made the find.

Am I missing anything?

red' date='Jul 30 2008, 07:06 PM' post='3580171']

I have the Colorado 400T and love it. I have had it since febuary and love it.

F) Tag has always been unique to the Central Valley and I know those with Groundspeak would like to see it go away. (I have spoken personally with some on this and have been told accordingly).

FIGHT THE POWER!!

Now that you've realized the prides arrived

We got to pump the stuff to make us tough

from the heart

It's a start, a work of art

To revolutionize make a change nothin's strange

People, people we are the same

No we're not the same

Cause we don't know the game

What we need is awareness, we can't get careless

You say what is this?

My beloved lets get down to business

Mental self defensive fitness

(Yo) bum rush the show

You gotta go for what you know

Make everybody see, in order to fight the powers that be

Lemme hear you say...

Fight the Power

334px-Bilbao_BUM_Chuck_dedo_Flavor.jpg

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that I was just reading an article in the Manteca Bulletin that there was a couple that were Jumped in Stouffer Park in Ripon by 7 teens It happened just before Dusk. There are several Caches in this park. Also if you look at the logs for Master of disguises III in Manteca someone night caching was robbed at gun point. I just want to say Be careful in Parks. Looks like Times are changing.

I have to work unfortunately tomorrow so I will not be able to make it to the Merced Event. We are planning on going to the Sonora Event on Sunday. Is anyone else going?

I want to toss around an idea. I know there was a CVC web-site a while ago and it didn't really pan out. I'd like to have our own organization, the Central Valley Geocachers, like the Bay Area Geocacher have. We could use it to converse with other CVCers, set up events and other random things for the CVCers only. No membership fee is required, it free but you have to sign up for the forum.

LEt me know what you think. I threw together a down and dirty web-site to show people what I had in mind. We could edit it and make it what we want. The address is: www.cvgeocachers.com , check it out and let me know what you think. If you want to join just follow the instructions in the upper right hand corner.

red' date='Aug 1 2008, 12:05 PM' post='3582321']

I want to toss around an idea. I know there was a CVC web-site a while ago and it didn't really pan out. I'd like to have our own organization, the Central Valley Geocachers, like the Bay Area Geocacher have. We could use it to converse with other CVCers, set up events and other random things for the CVCers only. No membership fee is required, it free but you have to sign up for the forum.

LEt me know what you think. I threw together a down and dirty web-site to show people what I had in mind. We could edit it and make it what we want. The address is: www.cvgeocachers.com , check it out and let me know what you think. If you want to join just follow the instructions in the upper right hand corner.

Nice site. I think it would bring other people into this Sport.

www.cvgeocachers.com

red' date='Aug 1 2008, 12:05 PM' post='3582321']

;) WOW

very cool! I've registered!!! (I don't think I've ever been "Member #2" anywhere before haha).

Thanks for doing this...i already LOVE all the options on that site...