Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Thanks! I had fun passing 1400 with tmkbk and Blindbutnowisee!! You Merced cachers never fail to let us down. To think I've cached there 3 times now and I don't think I am even close to clearing out Merced!!!

If only I can reach 2000 before the end of the year! :)

BIG CONGRAT'S to Blindbutnowisee for her 1000th cache find!!! Keep going!!

ONE THOUSAND!!! YES! Way to go BBNIS!!! congratulation_graphics_3.gif

I am so Thrilled, never thought that I would achieve to this #1000!

Thank all of you for being a special part in my sport of Geo-Caching....What A Game! Which is now overtaken my LIFE! At least that's what my husband tells me! Oops.... :D:D

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place... But I'm new and live in Valley Springs (on the weekends)

Welcome! Valley Springs and San Ramon are both close enough to be part of CVC (central valley cachers). This is the best group in the world. No initiation fees, no dues, no mandatory meetings. Just some good natured ribbing once we get to know you. Check in frequently to see what's new, and try to come to one of our get-togethers so you can put a face with a caching name. :D If you have any questions or need help, let us know.

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place... But I'm new and live in Valley Springs (on the weekends)

Welcome! Valley Springs and San Ramon are both close enough to be part of CVC (central valley cachers). This is the best group in the world. No initiation fees, no dues, no mandatory meetings. Just some good natured ribbing once we get to know you. Check in frequently to see what's new, and try to come to one of our get-togethers so you can put a face with a caching name. :D If you have any questions or need help, let us know.

Yeah we just moved from the Bay area to Valley Springs. It is easier to commute home on Friday nights and come back to the bay area on sunday nights. We spend at leat 2-3 hours a weekend at Lake New Hogan. While searching for hiking trails online, i came across a site that mentioned geocaching. Should fit in nicely for family fun. I think the family will enjoy it more than my other hobbies (brewing beer and low&slow BBQ). Something needs to keep the weight off :D

HEY TOM! I see you went to the BOGA school of shameless even advertising.

Hey! That's not even my event!! It sure seems funny to see the words "BOGA" and "school" in the same sentence. :D:D

Hey! I've been to skool. :lol: 8th grade was the best 4 years of my life! ;)

Wow I'm watching everyone pass me. Way to go Blindbutnowisee! :)

(brewing beer and low&slow BBQ).

I'm with BOGA (Green Achers); home brew and BBQ sounds like an event to me!

Welcome to the game! This is a great group out here. We relocated to the area (Riverbank) from the Bay Area 2 years ago and were welcomed with open arms. There's a nice combination of urban and country caches out here and I'm sure you'll have fun searching. This is a pretty knowledgable group as well so jump on in here with any questions you may have.

I'm with BOGA (Green Achers); home brew and BBQ sounds like an event to me!

This is a pretty knowledgable group as well so jump on in here with any questions you may have.

It's always an event. If anybody has questions on brew or que let me know. If I don't have an answer I can find it.

Thanks again for the welcome. I may have a celebratory que for myself after I find my first cache. You all might be subjected to pics of food. Most of it edible :D

Welcome to the game! This is a great group out here. We relocated to the area (Riverbank) from the Bay Area 2 years ago and were welcomed with open arms. There's a nice combination of urban and country caches out here and I'm sure you'll have fun searching. This is a pretty knowledgeable group as well so jump on in here with any questions you may have.

Yes wlfpkrcn - WELCOME TO CVC! And don't you believe the rumors and lies about falling off the earth if you travel as far south as Merced. Taint true. For your initiation, you need to find the cache called "CVC Tag" and take it to an event outside of the central valley. NascarFam can give you exact details on just how it is done. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Welcome to the game! This is a great group out here. We relocated to the area (Riverbank) from the Bay Area 2 years ago and were welcomed with open arms. There's a nice combination of urban and country caches out here and I'm sure you'll have fun searching. This is a pretty knowledgeable group as well so jump on in here with any questions you may have.

Yes wlfpkrcn - WELCOME TO CVC! And don't you believe the rumors and lies about falling off the earth if you travel as far south as Merced. Taint true. For your initiation, you need to find the cache called "CVC Tag" and take it to an event outside of the central valley. NascarFam can give you exact details on just how it is done. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NascarFam is in BIG Trouble for that little trip and PHOTOM had better stop contributing to the delinquency of our newest and most innocent members. <_<:rolleyes:

And to point out one more thing... I never endorsed 'home brew.' It was that great smelling BBQ that caught my attention. :)

Thanks! I had fun passing 1400 with tmkbk and Blindbutnowisee!! You Merced cachers never fail to let us down. To think I've cached there 3 times now and I don't think I am even close to clearing out Merced!!!

If only I can reach 2000 before the end of the year! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Congrats To You Wolf Grrl on reaching 1400 plus on our fun run Caching in the great city of Merced! We must do it Again... :rolleyes: You CVC people ROCK over there.....Totally Awesome Hides!

NascarFam is in BIG Trouble for that little trip and PHOTOM had better stop contributing to the delinquency of our newest and most innocent members. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And to point out one more thing... I never endorsed 'home brew.' It was that great smelling BBQ that caught my attention. :rolleyes:

Is there something wrong with my homebrew????

There is nothing like the smell of a pork butt or ribs smoking away while the sweet smell of hops and malt rise from your boil kettle <_<

Better yet the smell of pork butt or ribs on the smoker while DRINKING a home brew

I have to agree with Kenny on this one Tom...The shameless plugging of multiple events for you lately is out of control...Almost as if you are running for something... :):rolleyes:<_<

HEY TOM! I see you went to the BOGA school of shameless even advertising.

Hey! That's not even my event!! It sure seems funny to see the words "BOGA" and "school" in the same sentence. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Greg, TAG has been passed around so much you need a tetanus shot just to handle it anymore...

I believe that it was Tom who first broke the CVC Tag rules when he took it to Merced. (WELL outside of the boundaries at that time)...Actually, it may have been Outrageous Fortunes who took it to Stockton first (Again, WELL outside the boundaries at that time)...Either way, the rules had been broken and the immigration laws were relaxed. Nothing hits the fan when it comes to Tag anymore! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, when I took it to Valley Springs it was not a big deal. But when I took it to wheatland oh boy it sure hit the fan.

Hello everyone, my name is Ron and I live in Stockton. I have been doing this for about a month after getting a roadtrip gps for Father's Day. :D

After learning how to get the correct coordinates in the unit we got our first cache down the street from us. From that point on, the family was hooked.

My 4 yr is probably the most gung ho about treasure hunting. We try to go out after I get off work or after church.

Hopefully soon we should be adding a handheld unit that will make things a little easier on the hunts. Raatler has been helping us a lot on different units and stuff. And for my youngest, his goal each day is to beat Mr. Gary (pronounce Mista Gaawee).

We love camping at Lake Alpine up by Bear Valley, but since we have gotten the caches up there, (with the exception of the burning bush) we might have to find other spots now :P

Look forward to meeting some of you at an event or in the field soon, and for some of the others, not so much <_<

Having fun

Ron

Edited by ferventkids

We love camping at Lake Alpine up by Bear Valley, but since we have gotten the caches up there, (with the exception of the burning bush) we might have to find other spots now :D

Look forward to meeting some of you at an event or in the field soon. :D

Welcome to the forum ferventkids! Glad you stopped by.

As luck would have it, some of us will be camping at Lake Alpine the weekend of Sept 19th. Have any advise for good camping spots in the campground at the east end of the lake? :D Have any weather advise for mid-September?

There is an event coming up in Merced in just 2 weeks - come on down! Next CVC Event.

Note to Tim, Kenny, et al. It doesn't count as shameless advertising when ferventkids brought it up first! <_<:P

Edited by Photom

As luck would have it, some of us will be camping at Lake Alpine the weekend of Sept 19th. Have any advise for good camping spots in the campground at the east end of the lake? :sunsure: Have any weather advise for mid-September?

There is an event coming up in Merced in just 2 weeks - come on down! Next CVC Event.

Note to Tim, Kenny, et al. It doesn't count as shameless advertising when ferventkids brought it up first! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

On the east side there are 2 campgrounds, the lower one has a lot of nicer spots. At the lower one you do have to watch out for the troll that is there. It was transplanted from the valley a couple of years ago.

As for the weather, bring it all. sometimes really warm in the day and cold at night. Thunderstorms can pop up in the afternoons (makes for great fishing). In September you might even get a dusting of snow for a few minutes.

I might look into the event in Merced, is that still part of the United States :blink: ? I think you need a passport for anything south of Turlock on 99

Hello everyone, my name is Ron and I live in Stockton. I have been doing this for about a month after getting a roadtrip gps for Father's Day. :sunsure:

After learning how to get the correct coordinates in the unit we got our first cache down the street from us. From that point on, the family was hooked.

My 4 yr is probably the most gung ho about treasure hunting. We try to go out after I get off work or after church.

Hopefully soon we should be adding a handheld unit that will make things a little easier on the hunts. Raatler has been helping us a lot on different units and stuff. And for my youngest, his goal each day is to beat Mr. Gary (pronounce Mista Gaawee).

We love camping at Lake Alpine up by Bear Valley, but since we have gotten the caches up there, (with the exception of the burning bush) we might have to find other spots now :rolleyes:

Look forward to meeting some of you at an event or in the field soon, and for some of the others, not so much :rolleyes:

Having fun

Ron

WELCOME TO CVC LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh with your attitude about merced you will fit right in. Watch out for thos people in Merced. A really sketchy group there. You might have to plan a 3 day trip to drive to merced. cause when you leave Merced you have to be quarentined for 2 days. Cause who knows what you will catch.

Hello CVC....

We wanted to see if there was any fellow cachers in the area looking for a new GPS! I have for sale a Magellan Explorist 500 I bought new from gpscity.... Iam thinking like two years ago. We used it two or three times and I went back to useing my meridian color....liked the bigger screen...ect. I just found this little jem packed away in a box and forgot we had it! It has the book the usb cord with ac/dc power cords.

Asking $100.000 email us for more details ect...

Photom.............you firm about that September 19 date? No other will do??

For me - any date will do, but JPD43 has a job. (Well he "works" for AT&T.) He picked that date so please negotiate with him. (I think he already has vacation scheduled on the 19th an 22nd and has no more left to schedule....) :rolleyes: Edited by Photom

NascarFam is in BIG Trouble for that little trip and PHOTOM had better stop contributing to the delinquency of our newest and most innocent members. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And to point out one more thing... I never endorsed 'home brew.' It was that great smelling BBQ that caught my attention. :sunsure:

Is there something wrong with my homebrew????

There is nothing like the smell of a pork butt or ribs smoking away while the sweet smell of hops and malt rise from your boil kettle :blink:

Better yet the smell of pork butt or ribs on the smoker while DRINKING a home brew

I agree! So when will we get to try some of this home brew and pork butt? We have a camping event coming up I think. And welcome.

Photom.............you firm about that September 19 date? No other will do??

For me - any date will do, but JPD43 has a job. (Well he "works" for AT&T.) He picked that date so please negotiate with him. (I think he already has vacation scheduled on the 19th an 22nd and has no more left to schedule....) :rolleyes:

I am pretty much locked in but I do have another day or 2 coming but have to act pretty quickly to schedule them. What did you have in mind?

Ah, a *-*-* (forum censored), I remember those days and how much it gets in the way........

Doesn't this forum have a moderator or something, my kids are in the same room as I read this out loud. :rolleyes: This is supposed to be a family friendly hobby..............

Looking back, I see I used the four letter word version of the same word. I am sorry for my lapse in judgment. I feel shame :rolleyes:

We will be camping that weekend at New Brighton

Ok, we'll let you off the hook on that one Tom...)Although we know you will be promoting another one soon enough!) :sunsure:

We love camping at Lake Alpine up by Bear Valley, but since we have gotten the caches up there, (with the exception of the burning bush) we might have to find other spots now :blink:

Look forward to meeting some of you at an event or in the field soon. :rolleyes:

As luck would have it, some of us will be camping at Lake Alpine the weekend of Sept 19th. Have any advise for good camping spots in the campground at the east end of the lake? :blink: Have any weather advise for mid-September?

Note to Tim, Kenny, et al. It doesn't count as shameless advertising when ferventkids brought it up first! :lol::rolleyes:

You cook that all on the same grill? Those beans and onions made me drool. I think I would not be able to cache after a meal like that. I could drive close and then send the kids. :rolleyes:

Hogan will be my new favorite camping site, I should be able to smell it when you get the grill going.

I have a smaller Oklahoma Joe/New Braunsfel smoker that I use constantly.

Nice to meet everyone

Ron